AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 60 52.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 26.09%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 13.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 4.35%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.87%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.87%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.87%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-08, 17:03   Link #121
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

"Kwisatz Haderach"

That would be epic....and oh so wrong.
Old 2008-08-08, 19:49   Link #122
radiobibeh

I don't like Ranka. When her hair starts acting like crazy, I'm reminded of my basset hound. lol

w00t for Sheryl. I'm guessing Sheryl's a failed expirement for the v-virus project thing and probably Ranka had it all along (amazing how her belly can glow!) but her mom's all hush-hush about it since she doesn't want her daughter to be a queen of bugs. Wack job I'd say

Alto's gonna come home not with a car but his VF-25. "Hey dad! This is way better than the kimono you made me wear! I feel more manly! You don't get that wearing make-up"
Old 2008-08-08, 22:18   Link #123
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Damn, it's finally here, what I have dreaded the most. After the oh so many death flags over the past half a dozen or so episodes, it's now right in the open... Sheryl is going to die. T_T

That really is the main reason why I so wanted to believe in ani_d's theory of SherylXGalaxy, because well, her 'losing' the triangle is better than her being dead.

Now let me go sulk in a corner now. >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Now I'm finding Michel and Kuran the most interesting couple.
QFT, but then again, I'm a bit biased.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-08-08, 22:54   Link #124
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Damn, it's finally here, what I have dreaded the most. After the oh so many death flags over the past half a dozen or so episodes, it's now right in the open... Sheryl is going to die. T_T

That really is the main reason why I so wanted to believe in ani_d's theory of SherylXGalaxy, because well, her 'losing' the triangle is better than her being dead.

Now let me go sulk in a corner now. >_>

QFT, but then again, I'm a bit biased.
never. I would rather have Sheryl die than lose the triangle. It's ok if Sheryl dies and wins the triangle. I will go h4x0r 1337 Prov1 mode if Sheryl and Alto don't get together.
Old 2008-08-08, 23:05   Link #125
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorsim View Post
Spoiler for surname spelling:

i have a feeling this is a deliberate misspelling.
Look at the crappy cover. They look like chaep bootlegged CDs, passed over at discount, to add insult to injury.
Old 2008-08-08, 23:09   Link #126
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Look at the crappy cover. They look like chaep bootlegged CDs, passed over at discount, to add insult to injury.
after that scene I cried. Now you reminded me again, I cried again=(.
Old 2008-08-08, 23:11   Link #127
Stretch5920

I didn't like this ep, or the new OP. Sick of the emo character backgrounds anime romance tend to have, it's basically whoever has the most depressing past is the girl the guy falls for.
I couldn't help but think, "hey didn't I just see this episode of Code Geass where the guy rebels against his dad and the girl has a lonely past" The triangle in this show has just been way too onesided and way too predictable for me to care about who Alto ends up with. Part of that would be because Alto himself is so uninteresting. Worst part was the reusing of animation for the action scene. The big cannon that fired from the front of Frontier was cool though.

Though I did chuckle at Sheryl eating garbage as a kid.
Old 2008-08-08, 23:20   Link #128
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well....there are always those few shippers that think Alto is actually in the way of realizing the RankaxSheryl pariing.....
Old 2008-08-09, 00:43   Link #129
sailorsim

Quote:
well, yeah... i guess that's possible as well. poor Sheryl

did anyone notice that it's spelt "Noam" in the OP as well? (the shot with Ranka (red filter), Alto (blue filter) and Sheryl (green filter)). maybe i'm reading too much into the engrish
Old 2008-08-09, 01:04   Link #130
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yeah I noticed that was also spelt as Noam.. make up your damn minds Satelight....

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
BTW, in the HorribleRaw was an ad for some game, which looked to be based on an anime, Tales of Vesperia. The anime parts of that ad looked interesting, so is there a series on which that game is based?
No anime yet for that since it just came out, the previous game by the people who made that though is called Tales of the Abyss and was released on Ps2. It's airing on MBS and is rumored to be taking the Macross Frontier time slot.

Tear is an awesome lead... and Yukana is her VA!

Here's the thread.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=67611
Old 2008-08-09, 01:09   Link #131
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Man, So they're folding away.. what happened to the whole idea of finding the Macross Galaxy.
Old 2008-08-09, 01:38   Link #132
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Ye of little faith, lamenting over Sheryl's death while she is still alive! Have you forgotten, Sheryl is the prophet, the messiah, the Kwisatz Haderach!

Spoiler for Look Into Her Eyes!:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-09, 01:44   Link #133
ReddyRedWolf

It doesn't matter if Sheryl will die or Ranka does because they will become one being.

I think it's obvious now that Sheryl has those same crystal critters in Ranka. (V-type)

The revelation that a Vajra's experience and feelings are collective.

Ranka can at some level feel it too. Especially their emotions.

I rewatched episode 7 when Ranka's belly glowed. Ranka at the time received Sheryl's emotions.

Sheryl's fold quartzs earring also reponded acting as a booster.

Thus when they sang they created a mini-collective of their own for a brief time.

Thus there would be a major plot twist!

It doesn't matter which one will get Alto as they will become one.

Either Ranka or Sheryl could die in the end but not before passing on their feelings to each other.

Think McCoy recieving Spock's Katra.
Old 2008-08-09, 01:44   Link #134
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Ye of little faith, lamenting over Sheryl's death while she is still alive! Have you forgotten, Sheryl is the prophet, the messiah, the Kwisatz Haderach!

Spoiler for Look Into Her Eyes!:

- Tak

Oh yeah...feel her power!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2008-08-09, 01:49   Link #135
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The basic Jason Miao ending....threesome. (after a fashion)

As for the "Kwisatz Haderach" thought. The one that was before her time. She came too soon, thus it was suppose to be another (Ranka?), but combined, they will do more than the planned model...and will not be controlled at originally thought.
Old 2008-08-09, 02:11   Link #136
cerrian

I'm extremely surprised that they used Ai Obete Imasu Ka for Sheryl's breakdown scene. I always thought it was going to be used to support Ranka at some point.

I think the door for RankaXAlto pairing is closing very fast and I don't think they can resolve Sheryl's problem and convincing develop RankaXAlto relationship in the next 8 episodes. If the series does go to 28 as some predict there might barely enough time to do it.

I love the fact that the bridge bunnies, Mikial, and Klan all got some serious screen time. Thank god that Nanase only had a 1 liner this ep.
Old 2008-08-09, 02:15   Link #137
Westlo
Lets be reality

Nanase's best contribution this series happened in 18, she got Ranka to wear a new dress instead of the 2 we have seen over and over.
Old 2008-08-09, 02:26   Link #138
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Nanase's best contribution this series happened in 18, she got Ranka to wear a new dress instead of the 2 we have seen over and over.
Yeah, I guess I should give her credit for that.

That's something I've wanted to bring up for a while now. Doesn't it seem that the shear size of Sheryl's wardrobe make it look like the production team hasa greater focus on her instead of Ranka.
Old 2008-08-09, 02:28   Link #139
Westlo
Lets be reality

Sheryl has like 20+ outfits and Ranka has had like 5.. you can say that Sheryl was "the" idol at the start but since Ranka has taken that place she's worn 2 different outfits over 6 episodes....

I wonder if all those costume sketches for Sheryl in that mag a few months ago has been used already... also need a wedding dress
Old 2008-08-09, 02:56   Link #140
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
I'm extremely surprised that they used Ai Obete Imasu Ka for Sheryl's breakdown scene. I always thought it was going to be used to support Ranka at some point.

I think the door for RankaXAlto pairing is closing very fast and I don't think they can resolve Sheryl's problem and convincing develop RankaXAlto relationship in the next 8 episodes. If the series does go to 28 as some predict there might barely enough time to do it.

I love the fact that the bridge bunnies, Mikial, and Klan all got some serious screen time. Thank god that Nanase only had a 1 liner this ep.
Agree there is only so much time left here to resolve things. Either way the heroines have some things to deal with here. Sheryl with her death situation and Ranka's Vajra connection. That was some serious feedback after the Vajra were blown away like that.

Honestly have been liking the Mikhail and Klan moments quite a bit. Will let that love triangle settle itself and just enjoy the moments with these two.