AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

View Poll Results: Hayate no Gotoku - Episode 30 Rating
Perfect 10 12 20.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 22.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 17.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 13.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 5.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.45%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.72%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-24, 00:58   Link #21
CrazyPerson

Spoiler:

Made me laugh, so it gets a thumbs up from me.
Old 2007-10-24, 01:00   Link #22
Major1138

That was so completely random, but was it ever funny. The "revelation" at the end about the origin of the suspense story was hilarious.

Spoiler for Storyline...:
Old 2007-10-24, 02:43   Link #23
Mef

Spoiler for OMG:

this is great
Old 2007-10-24, 05:01   Link #24
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

didnt really like it, wasnttoo funny to me. 6/10
Old 2007-10-24, 07:10   Link #25
AstroNerdBoy

May as will spoiler the entire message, just to cover my bases...

Spoiler:

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Last edited by AstroNerdBoy; 2007-10-24 at 09:53. Reason: clarification
Old 2007-10-24, 11:28   Link #26
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-24, 12:28   Link #27
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

I saw one of Gunbuster's space insects! Fudge yeah!
Old 2007-10-24, 16:38   Link #28
Echoes

Hinagiku looked good this episode. Well, she always does. +1 for screentime. There were plenty of hilarious moments in the episode, Klaus will just do anything for some screentime, won't he?

This week's Butler Network was one of the funniest I've seen thus far. I might just add some of those to the favorite quotes thread. A duo with Tama... *laughs*
Old 2007-10-24, 16:48   Link #29
Dop
Mmmm....

A lot of references I didn't get this time...

Oh my god, Dick Cheney shot Tama! The b**tard!!!

Narrator for the win, though with lines like "Apologise to Mr. Doyle", and especially for "We are using a towel for the sake of broadcasting restrictions, but in reality, please do not use a bath towel in the bath."
Old 2007-10-24, 17:32   Link #30
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
A lot of references I didn't get this time...

Oh my god, Dick Cheney shot Tama! The b**tard!!!

Narrator for the win, though with lines like "Apologise to Mr. Doyle", and especially for "We are using a towel for the sake of broadcasting restrictions, but in reality, please do not use a bath towel in the bath."

I fell dead with laughter hearing those lines.

How about Yukiji surfing back from the dead and ruining Nagi's screenplay. "You're playing a corpse so don't come back from the dead".

"I cannot play dead forever".

References I caught up for this week's episode:
Meitantei Konan
Galaxy Express 999 - The tape playing the shot of Yukiji inside a train cabin going somewhere in space.

Battle B-Daman - Match with the second of the Mysterious Butler Warriors.

Never had thought about it before, but we were truly treated with fanservicey shots. Maria's still hot, but Yukiji comes second close.

BTW, celebrating Halloween in Japan?! Good try Nishizawa but that wouldn't work out quite well.
Reference: Did anyone notice that Nishizawa's ghost mask quite resembled Casper the friendly ghost?
Old 2007-10-24, 17:45   Link #31
Midonin
Last Engage

I loved the first shot of Yukiji after the OP.

Katsura Yukiji
Corpse

Then she was suddenly in a bed of rose petals, wearing a fancy dress. Hilarious moment.
Old 2007-10-24, 17:46   Link #32
L33tmaster

haha the Detective Conan references were great.

and of course the Prince of Tennis "mada mada dane"

The screens inbetween that said "Trick" on them were a reference to the jdrama Trick (which is an absolutely awesome series btw).
Old 2007-10-24, 19:21   Link #33
Eviltape

Tama getting shot, Maria fanservice, and Yukiji being the honorary corpse were the funny bits. I almost said, "wait, did I watch episode 29?" because of the strange opening.

Most everything else was absolutely horrible, though.
Old 2007-10-24, 23:29   Link #34
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Narrator for the win, though with lines like "Apologise to Mr. Doyle"
I thought it was interesting that the Japanese addressed him as "Doyle-sensei." I know they address all authors as that, but addressing a western author with the sensei honorific was pretty neat.

Quote:
...and especially for "We are using a towel for the sake of broadcasting restrictions, but in reality, please do not use a bath towel in the bath."
I laughed because I was remembering Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-ohki (where the narrator was the voice of Kagato) and all the girls wear towels as is normal for anime but Ryoko refuses to do so.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2007-10-25, 05:45   Link #35
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Well today's show was average, a bit dissapointing and the random jumps don't do the anime justice.. Several funny moments in this ep but not as good as last week's.. The only plus side to this ep is that we a ver foggy fanservice shot of Hinagiku..
Old 2007-10-25, 13:50   Link #36
Hikikomori Ja nai
Pony-tails Turn me on >_<

Send a message via AIM to Hikikomori Ja nai
Rambalings of an idiot....

Gets a 10 for Maria fanservice..... Tama getting shot was just hilarious and then the dieing message....
Spoiler for who killed tama?:

"Trick or treat-o" - classic..... I never did think of if they have holloween in Japan... so pretty much no.... only people looking to mooch candy.....

Katsura-sensei being dragged across the floor holding her robe together and yelling "wait...it'll show ...gentler...no,stop" while she is kicking with her free leg is hilarious.....

and Nagi didn't even to hide behind the drugged Hayate. You can clearly see her from the front with the Conan bow-tie. Speaking of which did anyway get the point of why everything was polka dots? I don't know if that is meant for anything other than just polka dots.

Spoiler for for the criminal:

To ask anyone who speaks Japanese, I am curious.... the narrator said Ore-chi when he was accused... wouldn't that loosely translate to 'little me?' ? Eclipse just put 'me?' but i remembered in black cat the little girl was called Hime-chi by '13'. It would have be funnier if he did say 'little me'

Ok my post is finally done... >_>
Old 2007-10-25, 19:50   Link #37
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
What was the reference when Katsura-sensei started her video recording and she appeared to be on the bridge of a starship of some kind?
Space Battleship Yamato.
Matsumoto Leiji also created Galaxy Express 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
BTW, celebrating Halloween in Japan?! Good try Nishizawa but that wouldn't work out quite well.
Reference: Did anyone notice that Nishizawa's ghost mask quite resembled Casper the friendly ghost?
I was dying over that. I actually dressed as Casper when I was 4 years old (and that photo album haunts me to this day). My costume looked just as bad.

Sucks not having Halloween though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikikomori Ja nai View Post
Speaking of which did anyway get the point of why everything was polka dots? I don't know if that is meant for anything other than just polka dots.
Sherlock Holmes story, "The Adventure of the Speckled Band".
Spoiler:

The octopus and elephant are serious WTFs. I also think I've seen both of them before but can't recall where.
Old 2007-10-25, 22:50   Link #38
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post

Sherlock Holmes story, "The Adventure of the Speckled Band".
Spoiler:

The octopus and elephant are serious WTFs. I also think I've seen both of them before but can't recall where.
I remember reading that in middle school and
Spoiler for ending+stuff on story:
Old 2007-10-26, 02:23   Link #39
Pell14

haha blonde shana lol
Old 2007-10-26, 08:00   Link #40
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I didnt find this episode too bad usually i dont anyway. But seriously the Chaney shooting Tama in the face thing almost made me piss my self. LOL i would love to send a copy of this episode to him with note.

Dear Mr. Vice President youre such a Douch even the japanese made fun of you in a anime. I think you have real problem with your aim STOP SHOOTING PEOPLE AND ANIMALS IN THE FACE. Btw Mr. Vice President Japan is on the other side of the planet its a island country and no you can not attack them for making fun of you. Everyone makes fun of you it a normal routine just like taking a piss in the morning. Again NO you can not use the justification that animators are terroist and attack Japan.