AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-25, 18:02   Link #81
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

so it takes over 10 esps to find out that Takeru loves hikari?? Is it me or in most animes, the "boy" gets a "girl" thats willing to "do it" and the boy does not.
Dam these anime boys with there girls...
Old 2004-06-25, 21:32   Link #82
LinChoiSin

well i find it very weird that lots of people complain about the end because for me the whole anime itself was very bad ,not just the ending. it's true that i had very high expectations concerning this show and once again Gainax ruined everything.I thought Mahoromatic was bad but compared to kono minikuku it's rather good.i'm so disapointed ,it was lame and nobody died,nobody's been betrayed ,the world is still here and life goes on as usual.the only thing that could save this show would be a 2nd season wiith a very dark mood and lots of dead or a pill which would erase this show from my memory.i liked the opening though but that's not enough for me!
Old 2004-06-26, 02:57   Link #83
Kurz
Gao~ a sound for the ages

Location: I live in a relm of swirling of thought and emotion, Ever lost in the relm of infinite possiblities.
Here again I see the cultural ignorance of the people of these beloved forums.
I am just suggesting a few people are full of it. If you don’t have an open mind why even bother watching anime?
Old 2004-06-26, 03:40   Link #84
nephilim
Loves Kaori

WAveOfFire: Aahhh one of the points I've always wanted to make. Good thing you pointed that out, though in a harsher way.
Old 2004-06-26, 07:02   Link #85
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

hmm... I'm not quite sure what is the "cultural ignorance" about? Is it about Mari and Takeru being cousins or something?
Old 2004-06-26, 09:56   Link #86
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
hmm... I'm not quite sure what is the "cultural ignorance" about? Is it about Mari and Takeru being cousins or something?
I think it was about that comment but wasn't that awhile back?? Oh well, I think that they will hook up, granted there isn't a season 2 where Hikari and Akari return. Reasoning: even though she got a hair-cut, she still acts the same way she used to towards Takeru, but she's less shy about it. He seems to notice her more now that he knows how she feels towards him so he's a tad bit nicer/kinder to her. That's what I got out of the ending.

And what's wrong with Kimi and Ryou looking for their parents? That wasn't too bad of an idea considering that they were almost killed. I think he had a retrospect and realized that maybe Kimi should meet their parents before something like that happens.

Yeah, we knew the whole series kind of stunk (got mushy) but we were hoping w/ all our might that it would get better. Ehh...you can see where that got us Those who liked the happy ending got their wish and that's that.
Old 2004-06-26, 15:12   Link #87
Paiser

uh... there wasnt any happy ending.
They got a normal dull one.
Old 2004-06-26, 16:27   Link #88
heavenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
I think it was about that comment but wasn't that awhile back??
I took it to mean that people for whom this anime wasn't silly and drab enough shouldn't bother to watch it anyway and then annoy us with their dumb posts.
Quote:
And what's wrong with Kimi and Ryou looking for their parents? That wasn't too bad of an idea considering that they were almost killed. I think he had a retrospect and realized that maybe Kimi should meet their parents before something like that happens.
Well the parents dumped them. I haven't noticed any basis on which Ryou could suppose that their parents, if located, would suddenly realize how despicably they behaved to their kids and make up for it. Barring a miracle, it would be quite depressive meeting, especially for Kimi. And Ryou may believe that miracles can happen, but is rational enough not to rely on them.
Old 2004-06-26, 16:29   Link #89
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paiser
uh... there wasnt any happy ending.
They got a normal dull one.
If you count the world not getting destroyed and the twinkle twinkle little star then it's a happy ending...otherwards...yeah, you're right...a dull one
Old 2004-06-26, 17:35   Link #90
Strike-Zero

So what was the point of showing hikari and takeru grown up and having a baby?
Old 2004-06-26, 19:19   Link #91
Spiggy
Invisible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike-Zero
So what was the point of showing hikari and takeru grown up and having a baby?
I think that was what she wanted to happen since she wanted to go to the house. He also seemed suprised to see that he was hopping on his bike. Of course there's the fact that she was blushing when he figured out who he was with.

heavenly - yeah it downed those of us who wanted to see some mayhem, but it feels weird to just drop a series you like for some of the other qualities it has. And yes, the parents apparently don't care, but that doesn't mean that Kimi doesn't want to see them. She may have some choice words for them but it will bring some closure and she can move on taking care of her brother.
Old 2004-06-26, 21:24   Link #92
heavenly

Quote:
I think that was what she wanted to happen since she wanted to go to the house. He also seemed suprised to see that he was hopping on his bike. Of course there's the fact that she was blushing when he figured out who he was with.
There is a scene in the last episode of the Eva series when Shinji imagines a normal life. His mother is alive, they live together as a family with old Ikari and Asuka. Misato is their teacher at school and Rei arrives as a new student. Various mundane troubles and antics go on. That's normal life Shinji realizes he would love to have, instead of being burdened with his Eva-related destiny and all. Konomini is about this normal life, and shows that it may seem to be a given, as Takeru says, but they are in fact both moved by seeing themselves as a family. In a way, what could be more normal and boring and anticlimactic than a family, and yet, Hikari points out that it's not a given. I took them a lot to even know that they dream about it. She needed to belong somewhere, and Takeru needed courage to love someone. Ok, I'm finished already.
Quote:
heavenly - yeah it downed those of us who wanted to see some mayhem, but it feels weird to just drop a series you like for some of the other qualities it has.
That original poster wrote that the show was all bad, not just the ending. You dont need to watch all 12 episodes for that, unless you are a masochist.
Quote:
And yes, the parents apparently don't care, but that doesn't mean that Kimi doesn't want to see them. She may have some choice words for them but it will bring some closure and she can move on taking care of her brother.
Well I'm still not persuaded, but I watched some episodes again and while the flaws are still there, the good stuff is so good that I will not allow any badmouthing of this anime.
Old 2004-06-26, 21:52   Link #93
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenly
Well the parents dumped them. I haven't noticed any basis on which Ryou could suppose that their parents, if located, would suddenly realize how despicably they behaved to their kids and make up for it. Barring a miracle, it would be quite depressive meeting, especially for Kimi. And Ryou may believe that miracles can happen, but is rational enough not to rely on them.
They are looking for their parents not because they want to reunite into a hapy family, but because Kimi wanted to see their parents. I don't think the meeting would be that depressing, now that Ryou clearly told Kimi that they are being dumped by theur parents, so Kimi should understand what to expect. Maybe she just want to see how her parents look like, to know what kind of people her parents really are, maybe she won't even really go up to talk to their parents when she found them.

I think what Ryou finally realized is that it's not his responsibility to decide for Kimi whether she should meet her parents or not, Kimi has the right to know the truth and decide for herself. That's the theme of the series IMO, everyone should face their own problems and decide for themselves. In Takeru's case, he tried to depend on others, in Ryou's case, he tried to decide for others and make others depend on him. in the end both of them realized it's not the right thing to do.
Old 2004-06-27, 00:33   Link #94
LinChoiSin

[QUOTE= That original poster wrote that the show was all bad, not just the ending. You dont need to watch all 12 episodes for that, unless you are a masochist.
Well I'm still not persuaded, but I watched some episodes again and while the flaws are still there, the good stuff is so good that I will not allow any badmouthing of this anime.[/QUOTE]

it goes without saying that you have to see an entire show to judge it ,if you don't know that it's sad besides in this show you really had to wait the end to know what kind of show it is because it could have been an "end of the world " type of show.I've been disapointed by this show mostly because i thought it would be great but what troubles me the most is that there were almost nothing new and because it was really unoriginal that's why i want to see a second season which i kope will be more original.
Old 2004-06-27, 03:46   Link #95
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Well, i felt the anime was ok, but the ending could of done better. Btw, how do i get into the Hikari fan club?
Old 2004-06-27, 06:30   Link #96
heavenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinChoiSin
it goes without saying that you have to see an entire show to judge it ,if you don't know that it's sad besides in this show you really had to wait the end to know what kind of show it is because it could have been an "end of the world " type of show.I've been disapointed by this show mostly because i thought it would be great but what troubles me the most is that there were almost nothing new and because it was really unoriginal that's why i want to see a second season which i kope will be more original.
C'mon, ending is important, but it's not the only thing. Karekano, one of the best romance animes out there, doesn't have anyending - they cought up with the ongoing anime on which it wasbased, and didn't have either the option or the guts to do their own ending. And yet, what a gem. You can certainly tell if a show is any good regardless the ending, or if it's cheap, dishonest, derivative, crappy or just not your cup of tea. I have a data transfer limit, so I have to make these calls. I saw Konomini couldn't be all bad by ep 3 at the latest, whatever the storyline. I cut off Song of Oblivion after the first ep, and Yumeria after three eps, and that was two too many.
Old 2004-06-27, 10:23   Link #97
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

Romance? well, if i wanted to see romance, i would of looked at Da capo again. which was a way better romance. too bad no fan service, but a romance indeed.
Old 2004-06-27, 15:57   Link #98
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
I didn't find the ending that terrible. I thought it was ok. If they have a movie or a second series I wonder what it would be like. I really loved Hikari and Akari. I don't really know if I liked the ending or didn't. I thought it was alright I guess.

This seemed like my story I'm writing that I began creating over 3-4 years ago. I won't say much more about it because the story isn't finished.

BTW I REALLY hated Mari, I'm glad he didn't end up with her ;p I wanted her to die she is SO ANNOYING!
Old 2004-06-27, 20:41   Link #99
Paiser

Mari should die! Yet that aint gonna happen... so wut'cha goin to do? Email gainax make a 2 min lil show showing mari gettin killed?

Ending sucks because no hikari and takeru, ryou and akari at end. thats a no no
Old 2004-06-27, 21:40   Link #100
onigiri
....always have hope =)..

.....riiiiiiite.....i still don't really get your logic Paiser, just cuz the ending didn't turn out to be the way YOU wanted it or that the ending was not as......lets just say...'more exciting' than you expected (cuz apparently, it may not be sappy -> but it's still a happy ending)...doesn't mean that the ending sucked. ...as what some users had said...the whole anime is based on the themes: not deciding for others, not depending on others, and solve ur own problems....really....just by having two characters paired up together isn't gonna make the whole series 100x better...blah......i know i really shouldn't be saying this since this is a place for poeple to let out their opinions...but geez...it's getting me ticked off when people complain without any common sense in their heads...no offence...(>< please don't kill me)....anyways...sorry for the outburst thingy ..
Closed Thread