Old 2006-09-08, 18:03   Link #21
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Hell, even Chrno Crusade had a better ending
MM went from "the best" anime I ever saw to "a bloody shame" in 1 episode
Worse than NGE since that at least had a heavy dark (emo) undertone

"To gainax" ....I'll have to remember that one

for future MM watchers: Don't watch that last Ep
You're not missing anything and it sure won't give you a conclusion,...
just one big disappointment
Old 2006-09-08, 22:23   Link #22
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the irony is if the saint people could fix minawa why couldnt they just recharge mahoro's battery?

that android guy acts like a big warrior throughout most of the series then at the end he is some super enlightened pacifist? dont tell me it was too much trouble for him to lift a finger and save mahoro. hey lets all give minawa a bath while mahoro and suguru are chased half way around the world to die.

I'm pretty sure the ending has buddhist and shinto influences. most people in this world think of heaven as a beautiful place. except the japanese. anyone watch bleach? does the last episode of something more beautiful remind you of that? it does, and its saddening that these people have such a bleak aspect of the after life. a new world shouldnt mean converting everything to the slums with prostitutes and killing all over the place. the japanese used to like samurai's and honor so much, you would think they would practice better chivalry.

this series was not all sour apples though, it has some of the most memorable scenes.

first the title, it says, magnificent. something more beautiful is an elegant phrase and gives the show alot of hope. i have always thought of it this way. when you think of the scene where mahoro confesses that she does not want to die and is afraid; i have to say that is an epic moment in anime history. I would dare compare it to the first episode of Ai yori Aoshi or even the final episodes of Air. its just something sentimental you remember.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-08, 22:53   Link #23
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
this series was not all sour apples though, it has some of the most memorable scenes.

first the title, it says, magnificent. something more beautiful is an elegant phrase and gives the show alot of hope. i have always thought of it this way. when you think of the scene where mahoro confesses that she does not want to die and is afraid; i have to say that is an epic moment in anime history.
what ep is that? I do know MM has the best animated boobs in anime history
(S1, Ep3, frame 254.3-302.8)

Old 2006-09-09, 01:21   Link #24
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

you have a list of time frames of animated boobies......

Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 01:39   Link #25
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

I actually see people complaining that things weren't explained. But I seem to remember the anime explaining almost all the things they are asking about. Maybe I just payed closer attention ( for instance it explains about mahoro being 9 and that suguru lied, it explains saint, vesper, and managemnt). I would go more in depth, but it's like 3 am.

The only thing that it left me wondering was that I wanted to know what happened to all his classmates. How were they doing, what became of them all?

The end was sad I think because we saw how much of his life was wasted all because of events that should never have taken place.

I think Suguru's words in the end that a man always has a longing to return to his home when he was a kid really struck home on me. I've been gone from home for a meer 2 years and even now I long to go back to being with my friends back when we were all little, when things were so much more fun.
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-09, 13:42   Link #26
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar
With the catastrophic ending of yet another show, the producer managed to coin a new catch phrase: "To gainax"

To gainax a show means to take something which is perfectly fine and utterly ruin its ending by a mix of painful incompetence and forced artsiness. See Evangelion, Kare Kano, Mahoromatic or KonoMini - all these shows are gainaxed.

Therefore, it's a near-certainty that you can enjoy GAINAX shows until 2 episodes before the end, when you better stop and think of an enjoyable resolution on your own - because you know for a fact that it won't be happening in the original version.
You can really blame the ending of Karekano on Gainax. It was the Author that didn't give Gainax permission to animate the rest of the story.

And I didn't really mind the ending that much. I thought it was strange and could have been better. But overall it wasn't that bad. And Gianax does deserve points for inventing the Breast Missle

btw why is this in the fansub forum and not the dvd forum?
Old 2006-09-10, 00:17   Link #27
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

so after she did in the explosion.. she was reborn as a living thing and was raised for 20 years... so that's why it's a time skip.... well it's not that bad... atleast they could have made many scenes after they meet again after 20 years.... they couldve atleast show the scenes of every character...

This ending shows that love can wait for many years and even a lifetime... and Suguru waited her for 20 years that's a sentimental memory ok
Old 2006-12-21, 23:41   Link #28
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Best way to watch/read Mahoromatic: Watch all of the anime Season 1. Then watch eps 1-9 of Season 2. STOP watching here! Now, get and read the manga volumes 7 and 8 - vol. 7 flat-out rocks, and vol. 8 is a much better ending than the anime ending. Now watch the Summer Special as a fond, if utterly goofy, final farewell to Mahoro and the gang.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 00:17   Link #29
belpegor
Banned

nice recipe to watch MM but ,most of us in america or europe dont read manga.
Who has the time to read manga and watch twenty something episodes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent86 View Post
Best way to watch/read Mahoromatic: Watch all of the anime Season 1. Then watch eps 1-9 of Season 2. STOP watching here! Now, get and read the manga volumes 7 and 8 - vol. 7 flat-out rocks, and vol. 8 is a much better ending than the anime ending. Now watch the Summer Special as a fond, if utterly goofy, final farewell to Mahoro and the gang.
belpegor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-22, 02:59   Link #30
Agent86
Yuki-ist and Hina-geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpegor View Post
nice recipe to watch MM but ,most of us in america or europe dont read manga.
Who has the time to read manga and watch twenty something episodes...
It's not so bad. You're skipping 5 episodes, which would have been about 2 hours. If you're a fast reader, you can finish the two manga volumes in about that much time. And you will have been spared the crappy anime ending, and get the much more emotionally satisfying manga ending.

If you absolutely don't want to go the manga route, just don't watch Season 2 Ep 14. Skip it completely, treat Ep 13 as the end of the series, and then watch the Summer Special.
Agent86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-19, 22:36   Link #31
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Spoiler for The Ending:

About the anime itself, it was great. The ending was a bit wrong, but I won't make it ruin the whole anime for me. There were very memorable moments, and especially the second season (until episode 13) was excellent plotwise. I do understand that perfect anime are too good to be true, so if you just make your own ending/ignore the ending/think of episode 13 or the special as the ending, then Mahoromatic can be at the very top of my list.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-20, 08:13   Link #32
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This one happens to be one of my favorites from ecchi/comedy type ... at least until the last episode came crushing down on me. Seriously, i don't know what the writers were smoking when they came up with that one, but must have been some heavy duty stuff.

Episode 13 would have been a perfectly fine and fitting ending point. Then the last one came... i just choose to live in denial and pretend the last one was something that never existed, because i feel it is uncalled for and seriously damages the overall enjoyment of the second season.
Old 2010-02-23, 10:37   Link #33
o248318

I loved the anime~ and i must be in the minority b/c I enjoyed the ending too~ it was a real loss of innocence~ and just an allegory for sometimes we can't get over some ppl and it affects forever @.@ i dunno! i like things like this.. I just watched the film THE READER and it was like watching mahoromatic~ b/c of the similar theme in regards to love/loss of innocence. Anyway, i love mahoro! and i hope my opinion kinda makes sense ^^;;;
o248318 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi