AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-29, 20:05   Link #4261
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polarpew View Post
That makes sense, seeing how demon king's reincarnation can hear the voice of the previous.

The village was burned down on a whim of the Fire Lord. Lets not deny the fact that when Rubia went rogue, the fire lord shut down all uses of fire in that nation. I would love if someone says that no one died from that. This stuff happens all the time and blessings are only given if the elemental lords are "entertained". What use would humans have for spirits? They don't stop humans from making war in fact they just give humans better weapons to do it. Rubia's contracted spirit is said to have enough power to burn the entire freaking world to ashes for example. I feel that the world is just stuck in a perpetual fuedal system/monarchy with the royal nloodlines controlling the Queens. Since people are dying already through normal means and spirits just add to the slaughter, it would be just to just start over anew
Well that is one view of things, but it is like today world of technology. Back in the day like 2000 years ago, wars would just leave the soil stained with blood, these days if war really happened today, destroying the whole world would not be an exaggeration.

Spirits in the same way has the same benefits of technology, it makes life easier in numerous.

Rubia, in a way she is correct, the way things are now with Elemental Lords doing as they like Mafia Bosses back in the 1930s - 40s are not good. Like other people already stated before, if killing a Elemental Lord would mean the death of all Spirits of the that element, then why is Restia be alive it does not make any sense.

Rubia does have good reasons to kill the Elemental Lords, but she went the wrong way of doing it. It would been much better to just kill the Elemental Lords and leave the world alone.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-03-29 at 20:29.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:43   Link #4262
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Spirits in the same way has the same benefits of technology, it makes life easier in numerous.
I feel like it's not that simple. The way Claire said it, the spirits are literally the 'fire' of our technology (i.e the basis of our technology in stone age). Without it, forget having our life harder with less technology, we might not have a technology in the first place

I think it's better if Rubia could find an alternative technology when the spirits are gone instead going crazy on destroying them and preparing for war.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 21:45   Link #4263
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I feel like it's not that simple. The way Claire said it, the spirits are literally the 'fire' of our technology (i.e the basis of our technology in stone age). Without it, forget having our life harder with less technology, we might not have a technology in the first place

I think it's better if Rubia could find an alternative technology when the spirits are gone instead going crazy on destroying them and preparing for war.
Well spirits are not like technology in the fact that these Spirits are living and have their own personality.
Old 2013-03-29, 21:52   Link #4264
KuroiHikari

Quote:

The Fire Lord prevented fire to be used, not that he didn't provide the blessings of fire. In other words, without him to take away fire, fire would be free to everyone.
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 22:02   Link #4265
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:

see that just goes to show how much humans base so much stuff around spirits, instead of thinking to build an engine they imediately think of using spirit shards(or whatever they are called lol) hell ill be surprised if they have lighters or matches to start fires(i dont pay attention to every little detail in this so if it was mentioned before..then meh!)
Old 2013-03-29, 22:02   Link #4266
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
The Fire Lord prevented fire to be used, not that he didn't provide the blessings of fire. In other words, without him to take away fire, fire would be free to everyone.
But Claire said that without the elemental lords, there will be no fire or blessing of winds that could grow corps. It'll be like living in mars if something like that happen.

Quote:
"Without the grace and blessings of the «Five Great Elemental Lords», the people living on this continent cannot start fires, cultivate the land, or even benefit from wind and water!"
This might be explained that because the spirits monopolized the elements, people never knew how to start those without asking the spirits first though.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 22:06   Link #4267
SeaDam

I don't think the mechanics of this world has been explained to a sufficient degree to make a determination one way or the other. Also I doubt the author feels the need to do so.
SeaDam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 22:11   Link #4268
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
But Claire said that without the elemental lords, there will be no fire or blessing of winds that could grow corps. It'll be like living in mars if something like that happen.
thats just what they learn in school, which is probaly influenced by the government>elemental lords to make their standings as gods stronger.

I hope in the next volume they free that water elemental lord, then we might get some substantial answers, really hoping she makes a contract with rinslet, ive never really liked rinslet...but her kindness is so huge its infecting me, im still a fianna and ellis fan still....claire could die for all i care, the whippings and tsundere behavior is really pissing me off
Old 2013-03-29, 22:51   Link #4269
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:

This might be explained that because the spirits monopolized the elements, people never knew how to start those without asking the spirits first though.
This is exactly the point I've been trying to make. The LITERAL COMPOSITION of this particular world relies on the elements to function basically with the elemental lords ruling the very particles of the world like gods. Which is why Rubia insisted she must destroy that world and recreate it so it can be capable of existing without spirits. As it is even if she kills the elemental lords off, it only prevents beings from denying the use of elements to humans but does not remove the necessity of spirits to maintain the world. Fire still can't be started (the exthothermic reaction that is fire CANNOT be facilitated without the application of spirits/ spirit magic. Notice how Fianna exclaimed that Claire shouldn't be able to cast the fireball spell without a contracted spirit that can use flame magic under normal circumstances). Rubia is in the right that she needs to go the extra mile in not just killings the lords but recreating a new physical world for humans to inhabit. (Not a new world in the symbolic sense but literally in the physical sense)
Old 2013-03-29, 22:54   Link #4270
Yye1
Wide Right

when i think of fenrir being swallowed, i see this

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 23:18   Link #4271
whitecloud

which bring a question, is the demon king good or evil? or just an anti-hero....hero that being corrupted, the supposed demon king fight to kill the elemental lord to free human world from them, is it for personal reason or is good reason?
whitecloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-29, 23:30   Link #4272
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
when i think of fenrir being swallowed, i see this
Sometimes......................................... .....you scare me my friend
Old 2013-03-29, 23:34   Link #4273
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
which bring a question, is the demon king good or evil? or just an anti-hero....hero that being corrupted, the supposed demon king fight to kill the elemental lord to free human world from them, is it for personal reason or is good reason?
Guessing we'll know later one, but I suppose as of right now it is simply a means to an end seeing how powerful the demon king is only the sacred maiden could stop him. Btw he didn't have a Queen in his past incarnations so he's bound to be more powerful not to mention the Sacred Maiden Rubia is helping him opposed to killing
Old 2013-03-29, 23:46   Link #4274
waffler

i wonder whats happened to the blade dance maybe kamito gets awarded for beating everyone when he gets back xD
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 00:01   Link #4275
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Lol what the elemental lords gonna say, hey it's that brat who made the wish to off all 5 of us 3 years ago, he back for another wish!
Old 2013-03-30, 00:04   Link #4276
Yye1
Wide Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Sometimes......................................... .....you scare me my friend
Might be from the all the psychological anime i watch

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 00:17   Link #4277
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

....wonder if everyone put me on their ignore list

*sits in the corner*
Old 2013-03-30, 01:33   Link #4278
AshenRaven
From another world

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
I say that the demon king is neither good or evil. All he cares about is destroying everything.
AshenRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-30, 02:24   Link #4279
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

i still reckon the 2nd half of this series will be about stopping/killing the elemental lords, rubia is gonna die no matter what with all those curse thingies on her unless kamito uses est to absorb them....is that what est does? cant remember exactly what happened with ellis sis.
Old 2013-03-30, 03:01   Link #4280
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
i still reckon the 2nd half of this series will be about stopping/killing the elemental lords, rubia is gonna die no matter what with all those curse thingies on her unless kamito uses est to absorb them....is that what est does? cant remember exactly what happened with ellis sis.
i also hoped kamito would use est to absorb her armament seal:as the reincarnation of one of the six elemental lord,he's unlikely to die because of them or est curse,etheir.
furtheirmore,i doubt fianna has,alone, the ability to free the real water elemental lord from the four other+impostor so the help of rubia superior knolwedge and power will likely be needed.
last,but no least,being reunited with her dear one-sama is clair dearest wish,her sole reason to participate in the blade dance to begin with;only when both sister will reconcile under the tutelage of the demon king of the night can her wish be considered granted.believing it won't happen is as unlikely as rinslet sister,judia,no being saved before the end of the story.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap