Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-04-03, 02:45   Link #27301
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
1. Cut the supply of authentic maid costumes to the rest of the world.
You don't want ''authentic'' maid costumes, you want the ''stereotype'' one, the ''highclass'' one, the ''sexy'' one. Even after working in 3 different hotels, I never say a staff on one of thoses outfit yet
Old 2013-04-03, 03:03   Link #27302
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
You don't want ''authentic'' maid costumes, you want the ''stereotype'' one, the ''highclass'' one, the ''sexy'' one. Even after working in 3 different hotels, I never say a staff on one of thoses outfit yet
That is why I said the Quebecois are losing their French culture.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-03, 03:26   Link #27303
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I would rather think than thoses maid costumes are pretty a thing of the past, unless it's at a 5star hotels or at a maid café.
Old 2013-04-03, 11:38   Link #27304
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
I would rather think than thoses maid costumes are pretty a thing of the past, unless it's at a 5star hotels or at a maid café.
more like for special vip guest. like a certain ex-IMF official.
Old 2013-04-03, 12:05   Link #27305
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
The Obama administration is engaged in a broad push to make more home loans available to people with weaker credit, an effort that officials say will help power the economic recovery but that skeptics say could open the door to the risky lending that caused the housing crash in the first place. President Obama’s economic advisers and outside experts say the nation’s much-celebrated housing rebound is leaving too many people behind, including young people looking to buy their first homes and individuals with credit records weakened by the recession.
In response, administration officials say they are working to get banks to lend to a wider range of borrowers by taking advantage of taxpayer-backed programs — including those offered by the Federal Housing Administration — that insure home loans against default.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/busine...tml?tid=pm_pop

go Obama, i am looking forward to selling my house for double what i pay for in a few years.
Old 2013-04-03, 12:18   Link #27306
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ Hahahaha... oh god, no .. just no.
Old 2013-04-03, 12:25   Link #27307
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ Hahahaha... oh god, no .. just no.
whats wrong with Obama's plan?

In a years i can sell my house for double what i paid for.
After the next bubble burst i can buy 2 or 3 different houses.

Looks like a great plan to me.
Old 2013-04-03, 12:51   Link #27308
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
more like for special vip guest. like a certain ex-IMF official.
Rolf, pretty good one, especially when you think of his nationality.
Old 2013-04-03, 13:30   Link #27309
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Not too worried about it really but I find it kind of worrisome (sorry fellow animesuki posters who are German) that Germany has been allowed to rebuild to such a high level already (that also depends on the accuracy of the list posted above). I mean speaking in the context of history ....not exactly a good thing for Europe in the past. That said they are already doing great compared to most other if not all EU countries so they don't have any need for a military move nor have I read or heard of any overly militaristic political rhetoric so relax if you think I'm trying to accuse you of anything Germany.

Just think it's weird that world isn't a little more hesitant to kind of sit back while they rebuild that fast. Meh, just some not too well thought out thoughts that I felt like putting out there.
That list doesn't convey the political reality. Since the end of the cold war most European countries invest as little as possible in their military, as long as they can make the minimum NATO requirements. For the most part it's used for job creation and to subsidize the defense industry. The only exceptions are France and the UK who still have overseas commitments and global political ambitions outside of the EU.

As for Germany, the generations that actively took part in the second world war have now mostly passed away. The sins of the parents are not inherited by the children. I doubt there is much anxiety left in other European countries after almost 70 years of peace, except for the occasional populist sentiment. I'd guess there is much greater fear for muslim immigrant minorities or a US ruled by Neocons.
Old 2013-04-03, 15:55   Link #27310
Der Langrisser
Valkyrie pilot

U.S. to send missile defenses to Guam over "clear" North Korea danger

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...9320YQ20130403
Old 2013-04-04, 08:00   Link #27311
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Hate crime: Police record attacks on punks, emos and goths
A police force has begun recording attacks on members of subcultures, such as goths and emos, as hate crimes.

Well that's good to know. While some of us might not like the punk, emo or goth lifestyle, they shouldn't be treated badly especially if they are reasonable and peaceful folks.
Old 2013-04-04, 08:11   Link #27312
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Hate crime: Police record attacks on punks, emos and goths
A police force has begun recording attacks on members of subcultures, such as goths and emos, as hate crimes.

Well that's good to know. While some of us might not like the punk, emo or goth lifestyle, they shouldn't be treated badly especially if they are reasonable and peaceful folks.
Racial supremacism is also a subculture. Why are we not burning down their houses?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-04-04, 10:43   Link #27313
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

China readies to fight new bird flu; Japan, Hong Kong on guard
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...93201G20130404
Quote:
The H7N9 bird flu strain does not appear to be transmitted from human to human but authorities in Hong Kong raised a preliminary alert and said they were taking precautions at the airport.
In Japan, airports have put up posters at entry points warning all passengers from China to seek medical attention if they suspect they have bird flu.
Old 2013-04-04, 12:43   Link #27314
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Leaks reveal secrets of the rich who hide cash offshore

Quote:
Millions of internal records have leaked from Britain's offshore financial industry, exposing for the first time the identities of thousands of holders of anonymous wealth from around the world, from presidents to plutocrats, the daughter of a notorious dictator and a British millionaire accused of concealing assets from his ex-wife.

The leak of 2m emails and other documents, mainly from the offshore haven of the British Virgin Islands (BVI), has the potential to cause a seismic shock worldwide to the booming offshore trade, with a former chief economist at McKinsey estimating that wealthy individuals may have as much as $32tn (£21tn) stashed in overseas havens.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/ap...hore-tax-haven

Old 2013-04-04, 13:02   Link #27315
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

$32 trillion. Wow. A million millions. 12 zeroes.

Old 2013-04-04, 14:12   Link #27316
Knightrunner

^^^
I don't even know what to say. I guess the government can put a tax on that.
Old 2013-04-04, 14:13   Link #27317
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
^^^
I don't even know what to say.
Not enough money.
Old 2013-04-04, 14:13   Link #27318
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
$32 trillion. Wow. A million millions. 12 zeroes.
that would solve a lot of budget issues for a lot of countries.
Old 2013-04-04, 14:44   Link #27319
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
that would solve a lot of budget issues for a lot of countries.
.. or one lucky hacker ...
Old 2013-04-04, 15:00   Link #27320
Zakoo

Just think the number of maids you could buy.

I would become ... the demon king of the night!
Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international