AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Old 2004-10-11, 14:06   Link #401
giu_2

Send a message via MSN to giu_2
Kono Minikuku Mo Utsukushii Sekai

Any one who has seen that serie?
giu_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 14:14   Link #402
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Yes, lots of people In fact, it was / is very popular. So much so that it has its own forum; which is where I've moved this thread. Please check the Series Discussion Index (sticky in the Fansubs forum) if you can't find the right forum for a perticular series .
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 14:54   Link #403
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

One of the greates and most under rated anime series ever made.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-11, 18:00   Link #404
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
One of the greates and most under rated anime series ever made.
yes it was good. but no it wasnt isnt close to being the greatest.

IMO the most underrated series was Gunparade March. you obviously havent seen it if you are naming この as the most underrated series. i believe it has been licensed. go buy it ^^

what makes you think it was the greatest?
hobobaggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 02:41   Link #405
CalamitiesEnd

I agree with you. Gunparade march is an underrated series and its completely worth rewatching. Its hard to explain why its good, i'll come back after I finish my powerpoint if I remeber this...
CalamitiesEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 02:53   Link #406
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobobaggins
yes it was good. but no it wasnt isnt close to being the greatest.

IMO the most underrated series was Gunparade March. you obviously havent seen it if you are naming この as the most underrated series. i believe it has been licensed. go buy it ^^

what makes you think it was the greatest?
Ive seen Gunparae, it is god, but for me its no where near as good as Kono Mini. It's a matter of personal taste. I wont debate it since we all have our views. For me Kono Mini is one of the greatest (not THE greatest, thats KGNE :P) ever made.

I couldnt explain wjy, but like KGNE it reaches right into you and hits you when you least expect it.
Old 2004-10-12, 09:15   Link #407
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Ive seen Gunparae, it is god, but for me its no where near as good as Kono Mini. It's a matter of personal taste. I wont debate it since we all have our views. For me Kono Mini is one of the greatest (not THE greatest, thats KGNE :P) ever made.

I couldnt explain wjy, but like KGNE it reaches right into you and hits you when you least expect it.
To further drift off topic: Gunparade March started off fairly good. Unexpected events happen and made you wonder what would happen next. Then the other half of the series started and it became iffy. I still think that the ending was just bland, like they wanted to end it just to end it.

On topic: Konomini was a good series. I still didn't like the ending all too well but everything leading up to it was good. It was cheerful yet had dark undertones, had mushy yet destructive scenes, it was an enjoyable series.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-12, 10:33   Link #408
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

It was the only way they could end it really, and the ending does leave it open for an other season or OVA at some point.

However if she'd stayed you'd have all that new life to get rid of, then theres the fact that he turns into demon spawn when she's in devil mode. And gods can you imagine their arguments.

I can just see it now, Hikari comes home and finds him smooching Mari, throws a wobbler turns evil and sets off the mass destruction again lmao
Old 2004-10-12, 21:53   Link #409
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Well, I agree that GPM was waay underrated, but part of that is the fact that it didn't follow up with the original tension. I was expecting waay better action (and mystery) since at the beginning
Spoiler:
I was so expecting better action. The animation was great, and drama was fantastic up to the point where
Spoiler:
After that tho, they shamelessly replayed the same, routine attack animation. The ending, tho cheesy, was well-done IMO. Konomini, on the other hand, was just an amusing ecchi-fest throughout the duration. The ending was ridiculous (but so wasn't the rest of the series?). I loved the OP tho (amazing IMO) and Kimi Ninomiya was one of the most awesome chars ever. Some episodes (most notably the beach one) had me rolling in laughter too. In terms of amusement, it was a great watch, tho nothing altogether too memorable like Noir or KGNE.
Ambience Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-13, 06:36   Link #410
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, I don't think KonoMini could be said great, never mind greatest. I also don't think GPM could be said great, never mind greatest. And I don't think GPM is underrated, heard it has quite some popularity due to the insanely popular game in Japan, and in the Animax top 100 robot anime of all time poll it's ranked #37 (over Dunbine, Getta Robo, Big-O, Vandread, Macross 7, Macross Plus). Maybe somewhat under-received by people outside of Japan due to the lack of exposure to the game. but for people who have seen it, they tend to rate it quite highly too...

For me GPM is... just a series ended up far below its potential... definitely not bad, but nothing great nether... somewhere below FMP and Kiddy Grade for me...

KonoMini... I'm not even sure how to describe it... it seems it collects various bits and pieces from EVA and Mahoromatic and put them together and give it a cool name... the problem is that the bits and pieces from EVA and Mahoromatic that it collects are not the good ones, but the mediocre aspects of the two shows...
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-14, 01:24   Link #411
mememe
hmmm baka

Send a message via MSN to mememe
ok off gpm and back to konomini. Yes I thought it was a really well down series that left me speechless at the end, though I didn't understand why it needed all the fanservce, that kind of bothered me. Also the music was great I want to get the ending song or the song Akari keeps singing.
mememe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-10, 18:24   Link #412
PsionicXero
Meticulously frivolous

OMG, there was nothing wrong with the fan-service, that was one of the things that got me into watching this anime, sadly. well, eventhough their are lots of people likething this anime, i find that their are lots more who hate it. can someone make a pole and see the % of people that like this anime? BTW, what happened to my avatar?
PsionicXero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 07:42   Link #413
GG_Luna128
Far, far away...

The fanservice of Konomini wasn't on purpose IMHO, it just goes with the anime.
I really liked this series, but it haves some filler eps, so my "rating" for this one isn't great.

BTW, PsionicXero, check this topic for the avatar thing.
GG_Luna128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-15, 12:52   Link #414
Starch
Looks its a potato

Unhappy Yeah right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullsquat
I watched the first episode expecting something like Mahoromatic. Well, it doesn't have that feel at all and I'm glad. My first impression is that this show has great potential.

What do you guys think?
Not really, I seen it and well, if you like naked girls from the age 8 and up and lack of action (which in about 3 esiopde) then this show is for you!
Starch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 14:27   Link #415
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

i'm thinking of checking this anime show out....is it any good???
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 05:49   Link #416
Aquillion

Not really. The characters are fairly clichéd and two-dimensional, while most of the show is generic adventure-of-the-day filler, none of which is particularly well-done. The basic outline of the plot is fairly obvious from the first episode, but they stretch it out over twelve episodes by devoting about one line to it per show.

Judging by the other posts here there are some people who disagree; everyone has different tastes, and I'm sure there are people who like this show. Heck, there are worse ones out there, even if I can't think of very many off the top of my head.

...still, it depends on what you want out of it. What are you looking for? The problems with this show are excessive fanservice, generic characters, and large amounts of filler to spread around its limited plot. If those things don't turn you off, though, then by all means, go ahead...

The animation is decent, anyway.
Aquillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-07, 01:04   Link #417
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

hhhhmmmm....well i'll just go check it out for the fun of it, but yea i guess people are entitled to their own opinions....thanks for the info anyways!

Last edited by Ultima_Rasengan05; 2006-10-07 at 01:05. Reason: smiley face!
Old 2006-11-12, 09:21   Link #418
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I LIKED this show dammit. I thought it was interesting.

Mari annoyed me though.
Old 2006-11-13, 14:34   Link #419
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

well i'm finished watching all of the episodes for this anime...and i gotta say, the ending wasn't too good....it was good, and i can understand why it happend that way, but it could have been, somewhat, better....
but yea Mari did annoy me also...
overall it was a good anime show, it was interesting in the first 4 episodes, then it got kinda slow in the next 4....and the last 4 episodes, it seemed kinda rushed....
Old 2006-11-15, 12:48   Link #420
martino
makes no files now

I guess that most of us would have liked a "happier" ending, but it wasn't that done that way. On a side note, Mari annoyed me too...damn.