AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-12-03, 07:07   Link #161
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I wish that a Zombie apocalypse show will happens in my country , no weapons except gang traffic & militia/police etc.... & hunter .. There we'll see the insane mode with full of melee weapons Warriors ftw !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 22:33   Link #162
Lost Cause

Justin and James

Ok guys I'm happy that you finally found a common ground to agree on!
That said I have to side with justinstrife on the lack of semi-automatic weapons in the show! Rick is the sheriff of a small town and most police nowadays have an AR15 rifle in their patrol cars (along with a shotgun and spare bullets!) So you would think that Ricks department would have said guns but NOOO! So they have to make due with what they have on hand...for now.
The part I agree with James on is the "blowing away your ammunition"! Sort of like Mearle was doing on the roof top! Knowing justinstrife he wouldn't do such a thing unless it was an "end game" senario. (I kept thinking of the A team when you said this James and how they would literaly blow a case of bullets and not hit a thing!)
Not everybodys going to have the where with all to calmly save there bullets, thats a given. But there are a few of us who can control our fear and not take on an overwhelming force. Two words gentlemen Escape and Evade! And shoot only when necessary!
Can't wait for episode 6!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-03, 22:42   Link #163
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I've been reading the manga... I have NO idea where they are going with this show now. It's veered off a bit from the comics, and man is it a doozy. Yikes.

I'd rather kill zombies from silent means. Baseball bats, katanas, knifes, spears, etc. The guns are for when there's more than you can handle and you NEED to keep them from getting close to you. Still, ammo isn't going to be hard to find when half of the households in the south are bound to have a thousand rounds or more each.

Oh and holy crap,
Spoiler for for the comics:

Last edited by justinstrife; 2010-12-03 at 23:40.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-04, 00:01   Link #164
Lost Cause

^ Guess I'm going to have to start trading the comics then!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-12-04, 00:13   Link #165
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Y'know, I've always been a fan of the whole "zombie apocalypse" thing (I even have a plan for when it happens~), though I'm more a believer of the "slow retarded" zombies, not the newer "smarter faster" zombies that seem to be able to run and pick up power tools.

I started watching this show, though I do have some problems with the concept, I do enjoy the show~
Old 2010-12-05, 14:21   Link #166
Lost Cause

They're doing a marathon of the show today on AMC!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-12-05, 15:19   Link #167
justinstrife

I'm really curious to see what other major changes the story is going to do compared to the comics. I don't have much problem with the series at this point, but the comics are REALLY good, and I'd hate to see the series suffer for branching off on it's own when it has such great source material to work with...
Old 2010-12-05, 15:31   Link #168
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I'm really curious to see what other major changes the story is going to do compared to the comics. I don't have much problem with the series at this point, but the comics are REALLY good, and I'd hate to see the series suffer for branching off on it's own when it has such great source material to work with...
We'll know better in just a few hours how much the series is willing to change from the comics...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-05, 23:01   Link #169
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Anyone know when Season 2 is coming?

and someone tell me in a PM what he said to him at the end.
Old 2010-12-05, 23:04   Link #170
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Season finale tonight. I'm... EXCITED.

Me and my broski's have been following this series like a f**king murder of crows.
Old 2010-12-05, 23:27   Link #171
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
We'll know better in just a few hours how much the series is willing to change from the comics...
We already know that ultimately the comics are the guide. They may deviate for a few things but they'll come back to the comic events. Now they're on the road and season 2 has 13 episodes to work with. Some will be comic events and others will be show original

Robert Kirkman answers some fan questions (comic spoilers)
Old 2010-12-06, 01:05   Link #172
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Anyone know when Season 2 is coming?
October 2011.

---

As for the episode, and the season…well, there is lots to like, and lots to shake my head at. Overall, I thought the characters were very good and quite interesting (especially Rick, Andrea, and Shane). But, some of their decisions made little sense at times. This is actually the main complaint for the series, the actions we see do not often follow from the characters we’ve previously “interacted” with (I’ve already explored this problem in previous posts). Besides that, some of the dialogue, especially in the last 2 episodes, was very stale and a little trite. Additionally, overall, the ending of the series felt very rushed, and since there was no real core theme (besides survival), the series as a whole felt incomplete.

Still, the first 2 episodes alone make up for the lagging ending, and the overall adaptation is still quite well done (I wish certain events from the comics would have made it to the TV series, but I’m willing to see how the future writers pan out the divergences). Overall score of 79/100, and I am eagerly awaiting the next season.
Old 2010-12-06, 08:55   Link #173
Lost Cause

I enjoyed the first season albeit a short one!
That said I too think the last episode kinda missed on a few cylinders for me. First the group managed to get to somewhere supposedly safe and for a short while got to act human, that is till the "doomsday clock" started to usher in another "hurry up and get out of dodge" senario! Nor did the group find any new weapons to take with them, not that thats a deal breaker for me.
But the last couple of episodes did seem rushed as James said, personally I would have liked it much better if they would have done a 2 hour season finale titled "Exodus" or something and maybe a little more character development would have been nice too!
So now there on the road going God knows where with not much of a cliffhanger! One thing though, I wonder what the CDC guy whispered to Rick?! How much do you want to bet Ricks wife is pregnant and Rick knows? Here's looking forward to next season, there will be showdown between Rick and Shane (Hollywood loves to create drama and then run it into the ground), and hopefully they'll slow down the pacing of the show just a bit. On a scale of 1-10 I give it a solid 8!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2010-12-06, 09:43   Link #174
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

Well, it started off awesomely enough, but I guess I was right to be pessimistic. I have to say that I thought the last few episodes were pretty bad.

For me, the real problem was how much time they spent dwelling on people dying, trying to invoke "feelings." Quite frankly, none of the characters who died had gotten enough screen time or characterization for me to give two figs about, so spending such an inordinate amount of time focusing on their demise came across as rather pointless, annoying waste of airtime.

And then last episode disappointed me because... what's her name... I don't know, that annoying white woman; Dale's daughter. She didn't die. I'm not sure why, but I really hated her and her sister as characters. The fact that one of them will continue on into next season annoys me greatly. Plus the whole episode was utterly predictable and stereotyped beyond belief. It was the only episode of the first season that I would actually call "bad."

So, I guess... 70/100 overall. It still had enough good writing to offset the failed attempts at characterization (talking about fishing for ten minutes does not count as becoming a good character), occasionally ham-fisted writing, and stereotypes.
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 10:01   Link #175
james0246

I guess I was the only one who liked the Fishing Scene .

Last edited by james0246; 2010-12-06 at 10:18.
Old 2010-12-06, 10:13   Link #176
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I guess I was the only one who liked the Fishing Scene
Your not the only one, I did too.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-06, 12:11   Link #177
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i'd like it if the episode was 70mins long well 75mins long because she took so much screen time to start crying instead of making a sad face for 5mins. =\

I knew she was gonna be a problem from episode 2 pointing the gun at rick's face, I was hopin she died that episode too.
Old 2010-12-06, 12:22   Link #178
justinstrife

I think they're ruining some of the pieces from the comic in terms of the Shane/Rick development. That's a shame, because the two big scenes were epic in my opinion compared to what we're getting here. That's all I can say about it. :/
Old 2010-12-06, 16:53   Link #179
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I knew she was gonna be a problem from episode 2 pointing the gun at rick's face, I was hopin she died that episode too.
Why just her? Plenty of characters have pointed weapons at each other. Hell Daryl's probably done it the most throughout the series. Does he deserve to die now too?How about Rick and all the heads hes pressed that gun of his against? And let's not forget Shane.
Old 2010-12-06, 19:38   Link #180
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Why just her? Plenty of characters have pointed weapons at each other. Hell Daryl's probably done it the most throughout the series. Does he deserve to die now too?How about Rick and all the heads hes pressed that gun of his against? And let's not forget Shane.
you really gonna get all serious about this? I hate her ok? my opinion... mine.

Tags
zombie apocalypse, zombies