AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-09-19, 15:28   Link #1721
ZerothBastion
Edogawa Conan, Tantei-sa

^you reap what you sow
ZerothBastion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 15:38   Link #1722
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

In a way it's his fault he took this path. So he's just became a ball (literally) to throw around.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 15:53   Link #1723
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
So he's just became a ball (literally) to throw around.
Hothinus made sport of him (literally)
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 15:54   Link #1724
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Well, that escalated quickly. But really, it was a perfectly done way to jump into the action, complete with the appearance of the lord of all trolls.

Quote:
“But at the same time, Loki is not an all-powerful lord of evil. Even in the legends, he is captured and harshly scolded by the gods whenever he spreads chaos. Sometimes he cries, sometimes he fails, and ultimately he is bound to a giant stone and eternally tortured until the beginning of world’s end. …In other words, the trend of the situation has no bearing on my strength or weakness. It has no bearing on my victory or defeat.”

They heard a noise.

It sounded like countless insects flying around by their ears.

“Wait. Don’t tell me…”

“My victory was assured from the moment you set foot here.”

“The Territory of Víðópnir may have cracked my bonds with my comrades, but it has proven my theory correct and given me certain victory!! I even altered Marian’s memo pad! Now, you sublime supervisors of war who have challenged Gremlin head on, be struck down by the malice of someone as lowly as I!!”

All that remained at Carissa’s feet was a bloody doll the size of a human palm that appeared to have been cut from a large wooden board.

“So we picked the wrong target. All men, do not even think about escape. We don’t have time!! Focus all your power on defense, so you can outlast the-…!!”

Before she finished speaking, something else happened.

Sargasso was swallowed up by an explosion and disappeared from the planet.
MAXIMUM TROLLING

Quote:
“Gnyaaah!? She managed to casually climb on the lap of my target, Kamijou Touma. Such exquisite negotiation skills. And she’s also a maid that managed to slip in the fact that she will do ‘anything’!? I-I may have been mistaken about who my greatest rival is!!”
Lessar has an eye for greatness.

Quote:
“Sorry about asking you to do this,” said Kumokawa Maria just before they took off. “But I just couldn’t let go of this last connection to my old teacher. This might be the point where my life switches over to another set of rails. So…!!”

“It’s fine.”

Kamijou did not know the details of the situation.

But he did not think that was a major issue.

It was rare for someone to truly understand the situation another person was in.

She wanted to accomplish something for the sake of someone else. Kamijou had met several people with similar feelings hidden within them. Kumokawa Maria had the same light in her eyes.

“I’ve lived my life so far by doing the same thing. It’s nothing admirable, though. The place you think you are is not as much of a dead end as you think it is.”
Really nice words there from Touma, and it's interesting to see Maria do such a Touma-like thing.

Quote:
“You’re still focusing on that bee girl!? Are you trying to turn me into a jealousy character!?”

Hearing that, Mikoto covered her face with one hand.

“Bee girl? That reminds me of her. No, I can’t have her showing up here…”
Why, Kamachi, why? Why can't you stop?

For two of my favorite girls to be compared with bees of all things, though. Just when you thought Misaki couldn't get more sexy. You know what I'm talking about
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 22:21   Link #1725
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Bunch of "tags" removed from the thread for being pointless. Next time warning/infraction will be issued to the users for tag-abuse.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 22:21   Link #1726
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Fine, I have a question. Since Loki didn't die, does this mean he will probably be relevant again? He did say that he was the source of chaos, right? I'm not exactly sure as to what that means in the context of what was going on. Isn't Othinus trying to cause chaos, so is he controlling Othinus or something? I mean, it isn't implied, but is it possible or am I just imagining it and taking that phrase too literally...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 22:28   Link #1727
Birdway
Banned

Remember, dniv. All of Gremlin is a collection of magicians who didn't want Fiamma and RCC's defeat to be forced on them.

But that's just a part, by helping Othinus and her goal they will get close to their own.

Marian wanted to keep Dwerv magic alive.
Thor seeks for true power by facing off powerful foes.

I'm sure once Othinus is defeated the remaining members will reveal their own agenda.

Heck, it wouldn't be surprise if 1 or 2 member are working for Laura Stuart.

It would be very dangerous if they retrieve Marian or even Gungnir itself.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 22:48   Link #1728
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

At the end of this, I wouldn't be surprised if Gungnir ends up with Laura.
Old 2013-09-19, 22:49   Link #1729
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
What if Laura is Othinus... I want that to be true so badly... Why do people doubt it aaarrrrrghhhhh!!!!
Old 2013-09-19, 22:50   Link #1730
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
What if Laura is Othinus... I want that to be true so badly... Why do people doubt it aaarrrrrghhhhh!!!!
No. Never.
Old 2013-09-19, 22:52   Link #1731
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
No. Never.
Why...? Answer me... Seriously... I think it could be her... What if Othinus goes to Laura, takes her remote (if she isn't her), and turns Index against Touma and Mikoto?
Old 2013-09-19, 22:54   Link #1732
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
And someone like Richard Brave will be the one giving it to her will Laura is fufufu while eating cake.
Old 2013-09-19, 22:55   Link #1733
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Because Laura plays a different kind of game from Othinus and they are completely different in design. And why would she do that? she has no reason to.
Old 2013-09-19, 22:55   Link #1734
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Fine, I have a question. Since Loki didn't die, does this mean he will probably be relevant again? He did say that he was the source of chaos, right? I'm not exactly sure as to what that means in the context of what was going on. Isn't Othinus trying to cause chaos, so is he controlling Othinus or something? I mean, it isn't implied, but is it possible or am I just imagining it and taking that phrase too literally...
We're not entirely sure whether he's dead or not. However, if he is, the ending of the volume could be his work. For example, we could be seeing an illusion which will be shattered in the first page of NT9 (as a two page illustration spread looking like a shattering glass pane).

I'm looking especially at this part.

Quote:
“So we picked the wrong target. All men, do not even think about escape. We don’t have time!! Focus all your power on defense, so you can outlast the-…!!”
Before she finished speaking, something else happened.
Sargasso was swallowed up by an explosion and disappeared from the planet.
Perhaps this old man denoted as Loki could really be doing this same thing to Touma to stall for time. It seems far too close to what the spoilers showed the ending of the volume to be.

Quote:
It seems far too obvious for me. I'm sure she had her witch hunt plans far before she knew of GREMLIN. Perhaps Gungnir may fall into her lap but I doubt that it will become her primary weapon/magic.
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 22:56   Link #1735
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Because Laura plays a different kind of game from Othinus and they are completely different in design. And why would she do that? she has no reason to.
Granted though, we know nothing about Laura's real character and attitude. She seems to have something like eternal youth which is very weird. She is a very powerful magician. And there are other mysteries surrounding her. Given that she is one of the strongest or the strongest magician in the magic side, and that we have heard nothing from her and Aleister for the longest time, I'm having my suspicions...
Old 2013-09-19, 22:58   Link #1736
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Again though, there is no reason for that to happen. Ollerus is a special case with that disguise. It would be out of left field and in a bad way, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
It seems far too obvious for me. I'm sure she had her witch hunt plans far before she knew of GREMLIN. Perhaps Gungnir may fall into her lap but I doubt that it will become her primary weapon/magic.
That is true. I think the weapon will be confiscated by one party. Whether it's the anglican church or academy city. Since, by the end of this, it does exist.
Old 2013-09-19, 23:01   Link #1737
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
That is true. I think the weapon will be confiscated by one party. Whether it's the anglican church or academy city. Since, by the end of this, it does exist.
Exactly. If it still exists at the end of the arc, one side is going to confiscate it (likely Necessarius) and put it in their equivalent of cold storage.
-----------
Actually, for the moment, I am going to totally call that the ending of the volume is Loki's illusion to an extent for now.
Hiss13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 23:06   Link #1738
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Why...? Answer me... Seriously... I think it could be her... What if Othinus goes to Laura, takes her remote (if she isn't her), and turns Index against Touma and Mikoto?
I could see that happening ONLY IF Laura's control uses Index to retrieve Gungnir/Marian to England while Birdway(too dangerous tool against her Cabal's goals) and Lessar(works for the Royal faction, preventing an imbalanced political situation is her duty) along with Touma try to stop her.

Perhaps that's what the author said about returning to England.
Old 2013-09-19, 23:06   Link #1739
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Exactly. If it still exists at the end of the arc, one side is going to confiscate it (likely Necessarius) and put it in their equivalent of cold storage.
I don't like that idea. Don't keep it around just to forget about it.

Quote:
Actually, for the moment, I am going to totally call that the ending of the volume is Loki's illusion to an extent for now.
That would be the biggest troll in the entire series since Touma's amnesia. NOPE
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-19, 23:14   Link #1740
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
And Kakine reappears!!!!!

.... and then gets crushed and transformed into a tea cup.

Kakine Teatocup .

Tags
complete magic god, end of the world, magic god, off-screen fights, othinus