Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-11-15, 00:19   Link #521
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Answer.
Frankenstein?
I think you mean Frankenstein's Monster, and yes that could be a good idea. I assumed they were looking for a way to domesticate the zombies, turning them into cattle (well, horses, and pack mules and other serviceable tools at least...then again, could a human eat a zombie? Maybe if you cook the meat enough and add the right spices...), or even a form of cure. Then again, maybe the Governor simply wants a zombie army .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 01:35   Link #522
Xion Valkyrie

We know Penny is his daughter, who's a walker that he keeps around (waaaay creepier than Hershel's barn full of walkers. So I'm assuming that notebook was a list of all the people that he knew who died, and after penny, he dehumanized everyone else and they're just numbers to him. I'm guessing all those marks are the people that he's seen killed or killed himself after Penny's death.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-15, 18:07   Link #523
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

if I lived in a zombified world...i'd have a badass samurai sword....or 3

Good episode this week, not as great as the last episode but sometimes you got to cool things off to build to something big again.

The Guv is one weird cool mofo.
Old 2012-11-19, 00:37   Link #524
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

totally called that whole episode...
Spoiler:

but yeah, great episode. its so tense moving into next week.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 00:55   Link #525
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Spoiler:
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 02:07   Link #526
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for episode spoiler...:
Old 2012-11-19, 17:45   Link #527
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

love how everything is merging together now. Excited for whats to come *giddy*
Old 2012-11-19, 22:37   Link #528
PzIVf3

Andrea why are you still a whore. I kinda feeling this girl will fight against Rick group.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 02:41   Link #529
james0246

I wonder if Andrea had equally bad choice in men pre-end of the world? Because it's hard to imagine her sinking any further...(yes, I am allowing for dramatic irony concerning her situation).

That being said, since I forgot to mention it earlier, Andrew Garfield has been quite strong these past three episodes. When just allowed to emote, Garfield's Rick is quite scintillating. While brief, Rick's breakdown was quite beautiful.
Old 2012-11-20, 16:50   Link #530
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Andrea was in need of a good pipe cleaning, if Phil (the guv) didn't do it I bloody hell would have.

Had to stop myself from shouting at the TV when merl bumps into Glen & Maggie, I love glen & maggie, don't like the idea of something bad happening to them *whimpers*
Old 2012-11-20, 20:20   Link #531
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizoku Keenan View Post
Andrea was in need of a good pipe cleaning, if Phil (the guv) didn't do it I bloody hell would have.

Had to stop myself from shouting at the TV when merl bumps into Glen & Maggie, I love glen & maggie, don't like the idea of something bad happening to them *whimpers*
Spoiler for sorta spoilers but they already spoiled it in a preview:
Old 2012-11-21, 11:27   Link #532
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Spoiler for sorta spoilers but they already spoiled it in a preview:
Drat I didn't notice, all that worrying over nothing. Love that Michonne has went to rick and the gang for help.
Old 2012-11-27, 04:12   Link #533
PzIVf3

I dont know what to expect the next episode. The Governor didnt believe the girl said were 10 people at the jail. He expecting they will face a size of platoon.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 14:56   Link #534
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

This episode did a really really good job of making me hate the Guv, No one touches my Maggie =(
Old 2012-11-27, 18:20   Link #535
james0246

Very much a transitional episode, still there were at least 3 great segments.

1) Andrea assisting Milton with an experiment to test if walkers can retain any of their past memories. It was a very simple scene, but the emotion (fear and crushed hope especially) was quite strong and seeing Andrea acting as a teacher of sorts (or at least showing her obvious experience) was quite nice. It was also one of the stronger walker deaths if only because we are given a name and history for the dying patient before the experiment begins.

2) Glenn's torture and "escape". Many times seen as a comical character (or at least not given the respect he rightly deserves), Glenn really showed his mettle and his loyalty in this episode by enduring a very bad torture session with the ever sadistic Merle before finally fighting a walker while taped to a chair. Very nice (his bellow of indignation, triumph and satisfaction was echoed by myself and friends while watching the scene ).

And finally, 3) The Governor's torture of Maggie. If there was ever any doubt as to the Governor's intention or nature, then watching him cruelly mentally torture Maggie would put to rest any doubts that this man is a monster. Even then, the acting from Lauren Cohan and David Morrissey was wonderfully tense and scary (once again proving that humans are always scarier than walkers). Simple yet powerful and meaningful. (I was sure many times during the episode that the Governor was seconds away from killing Maggie, it got to the point where I was actually yelling at the screen for the Governor not to kill Maggie .)

That being said, the Rick portions of the episode dragged a little. While there was an okay juxtaposition between how Rick and his group "torture" Michonne versus how the Woodbury crew extract information, ultimately the Rick portions felt very rushed and a little uninspired. I'm still confused as to why Michonne decided to trust this group while also not revealing Andrea or Merle (she has to know that this Rick is Andrea's Rick, right?), I'm also confused as to why Rick's group high-tails it to Woodbury without first sending a scouting party (they literally leave the Prison unguarded save for Carl and potentially Carol (Herschel and his youngest daughter are kind of dead weights, and Carol will be dealing with the baby)...

Whatever the case, there were some very strong portions, but others felt too rushed. The development was good although light (as I said, this was more of a transitional episode), and I can't wait to see how this all ends next episode before the show goes on break until January (?). 78/100.

p.s. the next episode will be written by series creator Robert Kirkman, the first full-length episode he has written since Season 1 Episode 4 (he also co-wrote the season 2's opening and closing episodes).
Old 2012-11-27, 18:29   Link #536
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

They don't need a scout team when Michonne already scouted the place head to toe, she trusts them because they aren't as fortified and open kindness to hide their true nature. Rick is right in her face about it, not a nice guy mask.

She doesn't mention Merle or Andrea because she doesn't want to give out too much information right away. If she said anything about Merle it might have effected ricks group towards her. or something.
Old 2012-11-27, 19:07   Link #537
james0246

Quote:
They don't need a scout team when Michonne already scouted the place head to toe, she trusts them because they aren't as fortified and open kindness to hide their true nature. Rick is right in her face about it, not a nice guy mask.
I agree with the inbold part, but the rest is a little iffy. Whether she scouted the place or not is irrelevant, he and his group have not scouted the place, and considering Rick's group disposition toward outsiders, there was no reason for them to trust her so implicitly (especially since she seemed to know nothing about Woddbury's greatest defense, a wall of zombies ready to spring forth at a moments notice), especially to risk the safety of the Prison over (he did leave no real defense at his home base). No, there was no reason to trust her, and besides his honesty, she had little reason to trust him (unless she knows him, which she should).

Quote:
She doesn't mention Merle or Andrea because she doesn't want to give out too much information right away. If she said anything about Merle it might have effected ricks group towards her. or something.
That makes no sense, she would have instantly been accepted, or at least listened to, if she had used her pre-existing connections to Rick and the group. Instead, she has purposely mislead them (that is if she realizes that this Rick is Andrea's Rick) and potentially put them in worse danger because of her refusal to provide all the relevant information.
Old 2012-11-27, 20:11   Link #538
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

The baby stuff and her telling them about Glenn and Maggie is enough for someone like Rick to give her a chance by asking her. She was on deaths door and had something the baby needed and knew where they were.

If it was a trap, she went through great lengths to shoot her self at a perfect angle and pretend to black out.
Old 2012-11-28, 00:25   Link #539
james0246

Quote:
If it was a trap, she went through great lengths to shoot her self at a perfect angle and pretend to black out.
You're not paranoid enough, especially for an end of the world party .
Old 2012-11-28, 08:56   Link #540
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
You're not paranoid enough, especially for an end of the world party .
Watch the Talking Dead. It helps understand stuff.

Tags
zombie apocalypse, zombies