Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-09-07, 12:43   Link #681
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Anyways its almost comical how anti AkiyukixHaru orion is .
Actually, it's sympathy for poor Furuichi. He deserves better.

You do have to admit if she had mailed the armband it would have been a lot simpler.

The violence against Haru is only going to escalate now if she doesn't leave the military. I wonder how far the anime will take this.
Old 2008-09-07, 15:49   Link #682
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
What's this? Sexual discrimination in the military? They should have rearranged her face if that was their protocol. She's a danger to the unit.
Sexual discrimination happens even now in the U.S. Military. I don't see it going away anytime soon.

Quote:
Furuichi has a right to be pissed off. He's been spending his time with her for years probably and was the closest to being a boyfriend and she pines for Akiyuki. Furuichi should just ditch the twit and find some other nice girl.
Furuichi doesn't have the right to be anything. It's not like Ak isn't his friend too. It's not like just because he's always fawning over Haru, that he should get her. She's been hooked on AK as has been shown, since the first episode and beyond. The poor twit should have given up on her and found someone who wasn't already in love. It's his fault, not hers. Personal responsibility is a bitch ain't it?

Quote:
You know, she could have mailed the armband to him by now. Hopefully, we'll get past this little quirk in the storyline.
I don't think you're going to get your wish. I don't see Haru giving Akiyuki his armband until the end of the story, or some tragic ending between them. It continues to be something she can hold onto, and to give her strength in whatever decisions she makes. It's obviously her only real connection to him right now since she doesn't know where he is, or what he's doing.
Quote:
Akiyuki has competition now. A bishie who is a powerful Xam'd has arrived. It's time for him to move on fast as he can't go back or he's going to lose Nakiami. He's another twit that doesn't see the good thing in front of him.
Akiyuki x Nakiami isn't going to happen. There's no romantic/sexual tension at all between the two characters, and there won't be either. You couldn't predict yourself out of a hallway in Macross Frontier, you've got no chance of predicting any relationship pairings in this series orion.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:03   Link #683
Same_Shark

I seriously HATE Furuichi!! I can't seem to understand why he's so damn hateful! I'm beginning to believe he has a power complex. First he gets beat by Haru, then Akiyuki becomes a Xam'd, he's continuously beat by Humanforms, and now by another Xam'd. Furuichi's got some growing up to do, or he could just die. I prefer the latter.
Same_Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:24   Link #684
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Furuichi doesn't have the right to be anything. It's not like Ak isn't his friend too. It's not like just because he's always fawning over Haru, that he should get her. She's been hooked on AK as has been shown, since the first episode and beyond. The poor twit should have given up on her and found someone who wasn't already in love. It's his fault, not hers. Personal responsibility is a bitch ain't it?

Akiyuki x Nakiami isn't going to happen. There's no romantic/sexual tension at all between the two characters, and there won't be either. You couldn't predict yourself out of a hallway in Macross Frontier, you've got no chance of predicting any relationship pairings in this series orion.
Macross Frontier. I stopped watching that for now. I hoping for an R1 license instead so as not to spoil it for me.

You need to chill. We're only into ep.8 so it's not like it can't happen. If I want to root for Nakiami x Akiyuki, I can do so.

Besides, I agree after this Furuichi shouldn't waste his time with the twit. He was there first, putting all that time in being nice to Haru and look what happens. Haru goes off on an Akiyuki obsession. Nice guys just don't get a break. Qh well, there are more girls out there. Oh wait, they were also on that bus that got blown up and their island that got messed up.... Guess this guy's got to hope for some girls to immigrate in.

How do you know that the reason he got thrown was that he was distracted because she was so close and he had feeling for her? In a real situation with equal talent, no way she can beat a guy. I bet with proper motivation Furuichi could beat Haru to a pulp.
Old 2008-09-07, 19:25   Link #685
UnDeaD

My problem with romance in this show is how both possible RI are either shallow and uninteresting and completely unfit for the role. Haru's entire personality is that she loves Akiyuki and, what is even worse, by the writing we're just supposed to accept that she loves him for no reason at all. Nakiami has been developed as Akiyuki’s mentor and a good friend, no romantic tension is felt between them at all.
UnDeaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:36   Link #686
orion

The head butt is a start for the sexual tension. It's a common technique in anime to get things started. Plus, she has to rescue him a lot and he has to protect her. Stuff usually develops from this type of an interaction.

Well, we have episode 9 to see how Raigyo shakes up the status quo.

In the end, it's up to the writers of the show.
Old 2008-09-07, 19:39   Link #687
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
I seriously HATE Furuichi!! I can't seem to understand why he's so damn hateful!
You don't understand why he's in the state of mind that he is? I thought it was quite simple --- his dislike for what the humanforms are doing to the world he lives in (which began with the bus incident), and you have his out of control jealousy against Akiyuki because he has a thing for Haru.

Both of them combined in the latest episode.
Old 2008-09-07, 19:42   Link #688
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by undead
Haru's entire personality is that she loves Akiyuki and, what is even worse, by the writing we're just supposed to accept that she loves him for no reason at all.
To be fair though, everything significant Akiyuki has done to this point is related somewhat to Haru, so while the poor sod doesn't know (or consciously acknowledge) it yet, but he's as besotted with Haru as she is with him.

And they're childhood friends... it's practically implied that either something before happened that made her romantically interested in him, or more probably, her love is something she 'grew' into over the years. That such a coupling is not really about someone you want to be with, but someone you cannot stand to be without. Maybe it's a culture thing, but that's basically the premise of practically every osana-najimi couple I've seen in anime/manga. As an example, since we're kinda talking about Macross Frontier, the love between Klein Klan and Mikhail didn't have a 'reason' to love each other as it just came naturally.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 19:43   Link #689
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You don't understand why he's in the state of mind that he is? I thought it was quite simple --- his dislike for what the humanforms are doing to the world he lives in (which began with the bus incident), and you have his out of control jealousy against Akiyuki because he has a thing for Haru.

Totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
To be fair though, everything significant Akiyuki has done to this point is related somewhat to Haru, so while the poor sod doesn't know (or consciously acknowledge) it yet, but he's as besotted with Haru as she is with him.

And they're childhood friends... it's practically implied that either something before happened that made her romantically interested in him, or more probably, her love is something she 'grew' into over the years. That such a coupling is not really about someone you want to be with, but someone you cannot stand to be without. Maybe it's a culture thing, but that's basically the premise of practically every osana-najimi couple I've seen in anime/manga. As an example, since we're kinda talking about Macross Frontier, the love between Klein Klan and Mikhail didn't have a 'reason' to love each other as it just came naturally.
Yeah, but this guy was playing the field before his "accident". He wasn't interested in her. I think his feelings for Haru is more connected with his desire to go home and return to a normal life whereas she has her one-sided romance has become a full obsession with her becoming depressed by him not being there to the point that it affected her appearance and her ability to act as a soldier. She joined the military on some half-ass scheme to get off the island to look for him. She still holds onto an armband where she could mail it and move on with her life. It's not like he can go back to school on that island anyways. He's responsible for it blowing up.

I'm looking at 2 characters that have to move on and saying, "Get on with it already. You're holding up the plot." Akiyuki can't really return to the island because he's responsible for those deaths and he's a complete Xam'd. We need more info on the Northern side thru him and Nakiami. Haru is in the military and prob can't be discharged. Though her becoming a responsible soldier should be something that happens in the anime. I have a feeling that info from the military side may actually come from Furuichi and the commander since Haru is prob not going to be a "favored" soldier for very long.

Last edited by orion; 2008-09-07 at 20:03.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 20:43   Link #690
cyberbeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
since Haru is prob not going to be a "favored" soldier for very long.
If that happens she will go from "favored" soldier to "favored" research specimen for the South's Xam'd/Human Form research considering she is not exactly being inconspicuous about her ability to hear the voices of human forms and I doubt it's a secret that people with her ability exist.

I'm also suspecting it will be revealed that the ASP suits are in fact human forms "without souls" considering their organic nature and spinal cord used for control which is likely the true reason for their nickname of "soulstealers".

I just hope it doesn't turn into a Akiyuki must "save the princess" scenario where Haru is being used by the South as the core of some ultimate Xam'd mech and he must stop it to save her life or something crazy like that. Hopefully the writers don't take the easy way out and come up with something a bit more original.

Here's hoping all of what I stated above is incorrect and there are some more interesting plot twists to come.
Old 2008-09-07, 20:45   Link #691
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post

Agreed, people can hate Furuichi but his response while wrong is extremely human. Not to get in the issue of terrorism but just think about how many people who can't separate the terrorists from the nationality they are from. Furuichi is doing the same thing here.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 21:01   Link #692
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
For orion...

justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 21:11   Link #693
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Agreed, people can hate Furuichi but his response while wrong is extremely human. Not to get in the issue of terrorism but just think about how many people who can't separate the terrorists from the nationality they are from. Furuichi is doing the same thing here.
I understand that Furuichi is a racist, but I don't understand what's up with his trying to kill a friend that would never hurt him.
Old 2008-09-07, 21:17   Link #694
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Same_Shark View Post
I understand that Furuichi is a racist, but I don't understand what's up with his trying to kill a friend that would never hurt him.

It's not so simple as Furuichi being racist. Furuichi saw many friends, people that he knew injured and killed because of the human forms. Now that Akiyuki is one of them he blames Akiyuki too. He hates all the human forms. He also knows Akiyuki let that girl on who blew up the bus. Yes Furuichi is wrong and his hate is misguided but his reaction is human. Let's just say humans are not perfect and sometimes we are blinded by hate.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-07, 22:01   Link #695
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I can certainly understand where Furuichi's anger is coming from. Of course that isn't stopping me at all from hating his guts and hoping he dies at some point in this series . From friends getting killed in an explosion to the overall devastation its clear he'd be angry.

But also its connected to his jealousy of Akiyuki and how Haru's feelings for him. Having him as a humanform allows him to vent that jealousy under an acceptable excuse. After all Akiyuki is now an enemy so no one would ever blame him or question his reasons for killing him.
Old 2008-09-08, 13:18   Link #696
RGB

At this point Furuichi is the most sympathetic character in the show for me. Considering what he's been through, there was nothing wrong with his actions on the bridge. (Just let's not forget that incident with Shidara.)

Heck, even his cheap shot at Haru ("You're used to waiting.") is somewhat understandable.

Rewatching this episode made me wonder if Nakiami's Vulcan nerve pinch temple tap was in fact one of Benikawa's parenting techniques.
RGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 13:43   Link #697
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGB View Post
At this point Furuichi is the most sympathetic character in the show for me. Considering what he's been through, there was nothing wrong with his actions on the bridge. (Just let's not forget that incident with Shidara.)

Heck, even his cheap shot at Haru ("You're used to waiting.") is somewhat understandable.
What he's been through? Somewhat understandable? You mean being completely jealous over the fact that Haru wants to see Akiyuki? He's basically acting like a spoilt child because Haru doesn't feel that way about him.
Old 2008-09-08, 14:07   Link #698
kujoe
from head to heel

Furuichi doesn't have a "right" to anything with Haru.

Even if he was there "first" doesn't amount to anything, nor does it mean that he's entitled to the girl's affections. People don't get hooked up that way in real life or in fiction, but it's also somewhat understandable that this may contribute to one's frustration.

Right now, Furuichi is undergoing some interesting character development for me, even I find his actions or intentions disagreeable. But yes, there is a limit to this. I guess it all depends on what will be happening next.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 18:43   Link #699
neoeagle

Furuichi Crush on Haru

Will bring his demise. At rate this he is going to become the final villain. What he did on the bridge was out of jealously nothing more or nothing less. He wants the rival dead plain and simple, all that humaniod speech was pure BS, if you ask me.

AS for me i never understood a guy crush on a girl , there are plenty of other girls around just go find someone else if she really doesn't like you and oh boy Haru Really really doesn't give a damn about Furuichi.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-08, 19:41   Link #700
Same_Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoeagle View Post
Will bring his demise. At rate this he is going to become the final villain. What he did on the bridge was out of jealously nothing more or nothing less. He wants the rival dead plain and simple, all that humaniod speech was pure BS, if you ask me.
I 100% agree! Furuichi can be angry all he wants. In my eyes, he's just someone that wants to take everything out on others.

Tags
bones