AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 10 16.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 22.03%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.03%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 16.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 8.47%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.39%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.39%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.69%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-02-21, 05:15   Link #21
faiz blaster

What the...! The episode hasn't even aired on Japanese TV and it is already on Youtube! How did this happened?!

Quote:
That Frog faced bastard can heal anything and what did he meant when he said "It's because we have someone here thats similar to her". Did he meant Misaka was there?
Actually I am pretty sure that he meant Accelerator and Touma and how both of them suffered physical wounds that caused brain damage.

Last edited by faiz blaster; 2009-02-21 at 05:48.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 05:58   Link #22
Bordix

Quote:
Actually I am pretty sure that he meant Accelerator and Touma and how both of them suffered physical wounds that caused brain damage.
nah, I'm pretty sure that they were talking about last order (unless the subs failed me).
Old 2009-02-21, 06:35   Link #23
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
If she would die, who would take last order and accelerator to the hospital?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
What the...! The episode hasn't even aired on Japanese TV and it is already on Youtube! How did this happened?!
It's already aired on Japanese TV...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 09:29   Link #24
faiz blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It's already aired on Japanese TV...

Unless I am mistaken, the show airs late night between saturday and sunday in Japan.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 09:34   Link #25
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post

Unless I am mistaken, the show airs late night between saturday and sunday in Japan.
No, its earliest airing is on Thursday during the middle of the day on AT-X in Japan.

You used to be correct, but when the show took a break on most networks it didn't on AT-X and thus AT-X started getting the earliest airings of the latest episodes.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 10:27   Link #26
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
SAKUJOU! SAKUJOU! SAKUJOU! SAKUJOU! KAMI NO OOSENODOORI NI!
Yeah. The second sakujou was first said, i couldn't stop thinking of Mikami. Hearing what we did straight after was an awesome treat.

& yeah, how everyone appeared at the hospital was pretty lol, but something i'm sure we're not supposed to think about.
Old 2009-02-21, 10:32   Link #27
ReddyRedWolf

Funny that Accelerator also has brain damage.

Maybe he and Touma should start a brain damage support group.

Makes me wonder though if Accelarator underwent also the brain development program like Mikoto.

He seems to be very powerful at a young age. Men in black trying to shoot him then the army.

It would seem to me Academy City could very well be sanctuary where Espers could lead normal lives far from the fear of normals.

It is likely that governments are aware of their existence. Being kept secret. Magicians and the militant arm of the churches are another matter.

We learned from the guy trying to kill Touma that he is considered a threat as he is gathering friends on both science and magic sides.

What is probably frightening for the magic side is that constant association of both sides via Toama will eventually expose them all to normals.

Magicians are keeping their existence under wraps especially the church militant arms.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-21, 13:55   Link #28
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for spoiler:

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2009-02-21 at 14:11.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 03:30   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Funny that Accelerator also has brain damage.

Maybe he and Touma should start a brain damage support group.
At least Accelerator didn't also lose his memories, Last Order did though Wonder hows that going to affect their relationship later on.

Anyway, this episode really bump up Accelerator's 'likeability' for me, he reminds of another character close to me. He doesn't deny what he had did before was horrible, but he still wants to make up for it with the actions now.

At least, that's what it looks like to me, undernearth all that tsundere while trying to save Last Order

Quote:
Makes me wonder though if Accelarator underwent also the brain development program like Mikoto.

He seems to be very powerful at a young age. Men in black trying to shoot him then the army.
I think Accelerator was born super powerful, that flashback just showed how invincible he was even as a child.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 09:06   Link #30
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

He may have paid a heavy price for it, but Accelerator has more or less redeemed himself. At least he won't suffer from the usual Villain Decay and be an unconditional ally for the main character all the time, and still remain a cool badass.

What a late time to introduce a second ED, with only what? Five episodes remaining? Still, it's a cheery ED, I'm talking about the animation, that is. I'll reserve comment for the music once I listen to it a few more times.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 12:27   Link #31
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

accelerator saved more than one life that night
part i didnt get....i thought accelerator was unconscious, howd he reverse the "gentle doctor/teacher's" blood flow?
if 10000 minds can theoretically restore the damage done to accelerator(did they even mention his real name or somethin?) then i wonder what it can do to others..and touma
Old 2009-02-22, 13:09   Link #32
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftStrike View Post
accelerator saved more than one life that night
part i didnt get....i thought accelerator was unconscious, howd he reverse the "gentle doctor/teacher's" blood flow?
if 10000 minds can theoretically restore the damage done to accelerator(did they even mention his real name or somethin?) then i wonder what it can do to others..and touma
Obviously the bastard woke up. While bleeding. (Has a grudge over murdered Imoutos)

The scientists originally tricked Mikoto into giving her DNA for the medical purpose of helping those with neurological problems.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2009-02-23 at 01:48. Reason: This is the To Aru Majutsu no Index anime thread, no point in discussing the Toaru Kagaku no Railgun manga here.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 15:32   Link #33
kittybear

Damn he just got owned lol. He and touma have the same exact problem, they talk alot, he should have just killed the guy immediately lol.
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 15:37   Link #34
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Obviously the bastard woke up. While bleeding. (Has a grudge over murdered Imoutos)
It was stated that Accelerator was reversing the blood flow while unconscious...
Yet he was already shown unable to use his powers while unconscious when the guy stepped on his head.

And ReddyRedWolf, what are you spoiling the Railgun manga in this anime thread for?

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 20:27   Link #35
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

So... um.. why is this show called majutsu no index again? Was Index shafted in the novels as well? Not that I like the character anything... As for this arc, it was so so. I feel like the author was confused or something when writing this part. This Accerelator would have never been able to kill 10000+ of the sisters, or so I think. Or maybe its just me hating 'villian turning good' kinda thing...
Old 2009-02-22, 20:28   Link #36
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Maybe he wasn't fully unconscious. Someone had to call for an ambulance.

I think that we are thinking too hard on this. We should just enjoy the episode.
Old 2009-02-22, 20:34   Link #37
slidingk1

Is it just me or did the series get side tracked very badly and turned into a giant epic fail??
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 20:39   Link #38
kittybear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidingk1 View Post
Is it just me or did the series get side tracked very badly and turned into a giant epic fail??
You just noticed?
kittybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 20:48   Link #39
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

God help us all, he's speaking in code!

This episode was a bit disappointing. Accelerator pulling new powers out of his ass, for one--skim over some malformed HTML and now you're able to perform diff on a human brain?

Accelerator can change the vectors of... the plot? Your W3C asplode.

And that scientist guy. In the end, no motivation, no further explanation about the virus. I was holding out for a reveal of the virus's true purpose up until he pulled the gun, but nope, he just wanted all the Sisters to go beserk for the hell of it, because he's an asshole, and that's what assholes do.

Bah.
Old 2009-02-22, 20:56   Link #40
Xymor

Besides all the plot holes I enjoyed this ep. Accelerator might join the Touma crowd if he retained some of the feelings for Last Order. Hope for epic final battle against the Vatican.

On a side note, I've grow to hate Index. Wtf, this bitc& doesn't do anything the whole show??
Xymor is offline   Reply With Quote