AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-19, 07:15   Link #301
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Hmm... unlike many VN's out there, this self labelled sound novel does not offer you any choices at all, so unless you close your eyes you won't miss out anything.
Old 2009-05-19, 09:21   Link #302
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashinoUmineko View Post
Now I have some speculation but based on Natsuhi's previous roles:

Spoiler for Anime:
There is already fanart of that at danbooru .
Old 2009-05-19, 09:42   Link #303
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
However since this is the only other thread available, I was actually looking for some tips on how to go through the VN so that I won't miss out on any major details.
Most of Umineko's threads are in the Games forum. You should post there instead since this is a speculation thread for the anime adaptation.

Anyway, like Proto said, this game doesn't have any choice or route so you won't have to worry about missing things.
Old 2009-05-19, 11:20   Link #304
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I call Umineko a kinetic sound novel whenever one of my mates asks me about it. Most fanart is probably better than Ryukishi07's drawings, but the visuals were never the selling point for the series.

And you have to love seiyuu jokes. I remember when Kanon and Maria were announced, there was this one rakugaki of Battler with Akasaka, Maria with Hanyuu, Kanon with Satoshi.... and Bernkastel with Rika, with a note saying "Seiyuu : .... probably Tamura Yukari lol". I'd like to see some Mugihito related ones. :B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Yeah I guess there are different perceptions of veteran. Personally, I first saw knew her from her performance as Kallen (Code Geass) so that molds my opinion somewhat (making me bias).
Er, may I ask how that would make you biased?

I'm actually listening to some Shuraki drama CDs that were shown to me last night and Amisuke just happened to be a lead character. She's not bad, but comparing her acting with a real veteran on the cast list, Tamura Yukari, you can tell she still has a bit to go. There's actually a battle between the two. S'pretty cool. I think my main problem with Amisuke is when she's trying to be emotional, especially when she's raising her voice. There's something there, but I can't really feel much.

.... and she sounds kind of funny when she's using a deeper voice. >_o

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-05-20, 03:48   Link #305
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avisch View Post
Koshimizu should qualify as a veteran. She's voiced alot of major roles now.
I'm looking forward to her.
I see her more as an established newer star than a veteran... but like you said it's all about perception... while I see VA's like Satsuki Yukino (hope she gets more main roles sometime soon ) and Houko Kuwashima as veterans other people won't.
Old 2009-05-21, 07:49   Link #306
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sort of the reason I ended up posting here is because I'm going through the Episode 1 free release while I wait for episode 4 to arrive, and since the episode 1 thread is kinda buried I'd rather not necropost.

Still, I actually have a text file open in case I see something I think is important that doesn't appear in the Tips menu.
Old 2009-05-22, 21:11   Link #307
Thisguy
Negikamo

Apparently some kind of Drama CD is en route.
Dubbed "Navigation CD", these consists of story highlights of each EPs, and are supposed to be serving as previews of anime episodes.
Original short-comedy is also included for these who wants some laugh.

EP1: http://www.animate-shop.jp/ws/commod...0/cmc/4109304/ (June 24)
EP2: http://www.animate-shop.jp/ws/commod...0/cmc/4109305/ (July 23)

Most important part of this news is the cast list, which has all the casts we already know so far and in addition...
Spoiler:

Well, I guess we can safely say that she'll be voicing her.
Old 2009-05-24, 02:18   Link #308
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Edit - Meh nevermind. I'll just necropost the episode 1 game thread eventually and hope someone is willing to entertain my issues.

This leads me to the only plot-related question I hope to ask in this thread until I finish everything (I've actually dropped all my other time-wasting hobbies until I finish this lol):

Spoiler for The purpose of this carnage...:

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2009-05-24 at 02:50.
Old 2009-05-24, 07:53   Link #309
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Non spoilerific answer: Sort of~ish. For more information, read the next episodes
Old 2009-05-24, 08:00   Link #310
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Ok I'll take that at face value. After I finish episode 1 I still have to clean up my text file notes so they'll be easier to read when I start the rest.

And why is it that when I read Battler's speech, I gear Yuri Lowenthall's voice in my head?
Old 2009-05-24, 08:07   Link #311
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Most important part of this news is the cast list, which has all the casts we already know so far and in addition...
Spoiler:

Well, I guess we can safely say that she'll be voicing her.
THIS IS WHAT MY LIFE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR.

Her srs bsns voice is something I crave. Bonus/very last track of Moetan Listening CD Vol.2 pretty much OHKO'd me the first time I heard it and I have to keep a box of tissues near me whenever I try to listen to it. Won't do the same with these prevews, but they actually do sound interesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I see her more as an established newer star than a veteran... but like you said it's all about perception... while I see VA's like Satsuki Yukino (hope she gets more main roles sometime soon ) and Houko Kuwashima as veterans other people won't.
Yeeeeah, Amisuke just reminds me of the popular sort of newer seiyuu, like Inoue Marina and Kobayashi Yu that most people remember. Then again, I guess I have to give Amisuke some credit for dropping out of school to be a seiyuu or something.

People that don't think Yukino is a veteran probably haven't heard her much, but they have to give anyone that was a main character in Higurashi major kudos. She does need more major roles.... lol, dorm lady in Clannad.

And anyone that doesn't think Kuwashima is a veteran probably doesn't even know who someone like Orikasa Fumiko is.

Just seems that people only remember the good looking [Shiraishi Ryoko is pretty to me <3], good singers [Mizuki Nana], ones with unique voices [KANEDA TOMOKO Noto Mamiko] and the ones you can't seem to avoid [Kugyuu, Inoue Kikuko, Kawasumi Ayako (ry]. Or you could just be in an anime from KyoAni that isn't based off Key, though I think most people forget about Fukuhara Kaori.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Old 2009-05-24, 09:22   Link #312
Fujikira
Sharp Dressed Symmetry

Quote:
And why is it that when I read Battler's speech, I gear Yuri Lowenthall's voice in my head?
Eh, I always pictured Chris Patton for him.

I'm interested to see what Ryukishi07 is going to do towards the music. As to if he will incorporate remixes of the games soundtrack like he did with Higurashi.
Old 2009-05-24, 22:53   Link #313
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

For Battler, I always imagine Johnny Yong Bosch myself ^__^ . But part of that has to do with/was strengthened by this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qALBnq81H4
Old 2009-05-24, 23:18   Link #314
HigurashinoUmineko

I can also see Johnny Yong Bosch as Battler.
So now that we're talking about English VA's then should Jessica have Kari Wahlgren? DISCUSS!
Old 2009-05-24, 23:55   Link #315
Marion
The Great Dine

Yeah because it's just not enough that Rosa has Kallen's seiyuu, now we need to give Battler the same VA as Lelouch :U

I'd like to see Kate Higgens, Crispin Freeman, Stephanie Sheh and Kirby Morrow do some dubs for the series. Nothing in particular as far as voices go, but they all have good control over ranges for different characters, which would make them good adaptable VA's. Hopefully if there is a dub for this they'll make it as good as I'm hoping the anime will be~
Old 2009-05-25, 00:39   Link #316
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Anyone voiced by a deep-tone Daisuke Ono is automatically awesome.
Old 2009-05-25, 02:30   Link #317
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Anyone voiced by a deep-tone Daisuke Ono is automatically awesome.
I honestly still can't imagine Battler being THAT deep-voiced :U I know he's 18 and all but seriously, the tone kinda freaks me out.
Old 2009-05-25, 02:40   Link #318
Westlo
Lets be reality

If Battler sounded like Hosaka I would roflcopter.
Old 2009-05-25, 04:35   Link #319
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Now if he laughs like Hosaka...well then we have something entirely different.
Old 2009-05-25, 05:39   Link #320
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I was wondering... Banquet and Alliance are essentially the equivalent of the answer arcs or only Alliance?
Closed Thread