041 - 050: Below Average... 0 0%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You couldn't even finish the episode... 2 2.94%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-16, 01:32   Link #41
yakumo-chan

i wish they improve the animation much better even if it takes 2 weeks per episode....

because they are wasting a great anime.....

for me... the animation really looks bad at all......
Old 2009-10-16, 01:32   Link #42
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I just watched a genuinely good episode of Naruto. Amazing, 10/10.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 01:39   Link #43
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
i wish they improve the animation much better even if it takes 2 weeks per episode....

The animation was fine. The drawing and art was vastly different, but the animation was so fluid you just got used to it after two minutes.

Voting 1 just makes you look like a joker. I don't think I can ever take you seriously again. Mind you, I hope you're going to restrain yourself from trying to explain why you voted an amazing episode a 1. You'll just make it worse.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 01:57   Link #44
velocd
Witcher, with tenure

Quote:

/boggle

How does anyone see this art style as inferior? It's far more detailed, the animation smoother making for vastly improved fight scenes (it enables complex fight maneuvers you'd only see in a series like Samurai Champloo or Cowboy Bebop).

To me the art quality resembles Gurren Lagann or FLCL, and a few other works I can't remember at the moment (mostly Production I.G. stuff).
velocd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 02:31   Link #45
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:

Can you elaborate on what you consider good animation? Perhaps we can help you clear up some of your confusion.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 02:42   Link #46
yakumo-chan

the animation of the original naruto was much better....

naruto shippuden..? mehhh...

although... the animation of Gaara vs. Deidara and Sakura vs Sasori were kinda cool though....

but the animation of naruto shippuden now.... mehhhh...

im sad.....

Jiraiya vs. Pain was the thing Im waiting for......

too bad the animation was bad.....

they should have animated it every 2 weeks atleast, so that they can animate it much better......

rather than 1 week with bad animations.....

the movements of the characters were so bad at all.....
Old 2009-10-16, 02:51   Link #47
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by velocd View Post
Amazing episode, but I wish this pro art team would devote at least two consecutive episodes when the main fight spans across more than one episode.

Has this art team ever done two consecutive Naruto episodes?
No they haven't, the closer they've come to that were episodes 82 and 85. And what you're asking for is just unreasonable, be glad that we had 2 episodes of this caliber in the last 10 episodes (123 and 131). There will also be another episode like this in less than 10 episodes, I don't even know how the studio is managing that.
Also:
- it's an animation team, not an art team. They animate stuff, you know
- there isn't a defined team for these special episodes. The animation director for episode 131 was different from the one for 82, 85 and 123. Even the animators are not exactly the same, even if certain famous animators do work for most of these special episodes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Can you elaborate on what you consider good animation? Perhaps we can help you clear up some of your confusion.
I would personally just ignore trolls, or people that have really no idea what they're talking about.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 02:55   Link #48
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Frenchie View Post
Voting 1 just makes you look like a joker.
HAHAHA!

i was just joking... actually the episode was great!

although I really didnt like the animation... because the movements of the characters are like teleporting or something.....

the animation of kakashi gaiden was much better though....
Old 2009-10-16, 03:25   Link #49
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
the animation of the original naruto was much better....

naruto shippuden..? mehhh...

although... the animation of Gaara vs. Deidara and Sakura vs Sasori were kinda cool though....

but the animation of naruto shippuden now.... mehhhh...

im sad.....

Jiraiya vs. Pain was the thing Im waiting for......

too bad the animation was bad.....

they should have animated it every 2 weeks atleast, so that they can animate it much better......

rather than 1 week with bad animations.....

the movements of the characters were so bad at all.....
I don't remember the Sakura vs. Sasori fight, but I do remember the Gaara vs. Deidara fight. It can't even compare to the technical detail that are amplified in Episode 131. In fact I believe this is the best episode overall as far as animated movement is concerned in Shippuden thus far. I should also admit that I haven't seen every episode of Shippuden, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 2009-10-16, 03:28   Link #50
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah thus far I would say the Sakura and Sasori fight was best. Which is why I'm hyped because it's set to be broken in the current/coming battles.
Old 2009-10-16, 03:36   Link #51
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Yeah thus far I would say the Sakura and Sasori fight was best. Which is why I'm hyped because it's set to be broken in the current/coming battles.
True, it was probably the only fight in shippuden that I have really enjoyed.

Hope Jiraya VS Pain won't dissapoint, I was really waiting for it^^
Old 2009-10-16, 03:39   Link #52
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaxthezax View Post
Felt different to me,,, cause Pain wasn't visible the whole time. It looked like Jiraiya fighting some random demon-animals... well I'm looking forward to next weeks episode. It will make up for that
The sumon of that size suppose to be one of the most difficult jutsu to master. Remember all those trouble Naruto was going through to learn the summons? Doh! Tad-poles. Then comes the hard part... The chakra molding at a very large quantity. The first time Naruto summoned the big boss Gama Bunta, he had to borrow chakra from Kyuubi in his fight against the dashing, homicidal maniac Gaara. Both of them were so exhausted after their respective summon that one of them KO'ed the other with one ninja-punch. Pain, here, is summoning these gigantic creatures right and left almost on a whim. What is even more amazing that both of them were creating kage-bunshin of their summons. To them, summoning is a child's play.... well, unless the summon involves two sages.

P.S. Can anyone tell me the episode number for the Sakura vs. Sasori fight?
Old 2009-10-16, 03:48   Link #53
neshru

Quote:
Can anyone tell me the episode number for the Sakura vs. Sasori fight?
The good one? 26
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 03:48   Link #54
kitten320

The Sakura VS Sasori had started at 20 and ended at 27
Old 2009-10-16, 03:55   Link #55
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This fight lasted 8 episodes? I'll check out episode 26 when I get a chance just to be certain I didn't miss out on another godly animated episode. I highly doubt it considering the span of 8-episode fight. Thank you both, Neshru and Kitten.
Old 2009-10-16, 03:59   Link #56
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Then comes the hard part... The chakra molding at a very large quantity. The first time Naruto summoned the big boss Gama Bunta, he had to borrow chakra from Kyuubi in his fight against the dashing, homicidal maniac Gaara. Both of them were so exhausted after their respective summon that one of them KO'ed the other with one ninja-punch.
The weirdest part was that Pain didn't use blood or anything, it was just summon seals all over the place turning into monsters...plus, he summoned humans in the end, wtf o_0
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 04:02   Link #57
kitten320

Quote:
This fight lasted 8 episodes? I'll check out episode 26 when I get a chance just to be certain I didn't miss out on another godly animated episode. I highly doubt it considering the span of 8-episode fight. Thank you both, Neshru and Kitten.
Lol yeh
But there were some other fights in between so you can sum it up to like 5-3 episodes or so. Also some flashbacks from Sasori's past, those are probably the only things that distracted you from the fight.

It is good that animators decided to do all Jiraya flashbackd before an actual fight, like this nothing has to stand in the way

And yeh, 26th was probably the best episode there
But I also liked the ending of 23rd
Old 2009-10-16, 04:04   Link #58
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
The weirdest part was that Pain didn't use blood or anything, it was just summon seals all over the place turning into monsters...plus, he summoned humans in the end, wtf o_0
Well seeing how Pein had transported his mind into different bodies... maybe those also belong to him? Like teleportation from one place to another? It is pretty common for ninjas to teleportate in Naruto.

But now that you've mentioned the blood thingy, maybe he is so skilled that he doesn't need it?
Or maybe there is something more to it... as far as I can see all of them have Pein's eyes.
Old 2009-10-16, 04:39   Link #59
Siddyus
The Insidious

Great episode! Cant wait for the next one! Dammit. 1 week to go...

And the animation was pretty good IMO. Im not sure what kind of standards you guys are looking for.

Quote:
To them, summoning is a child's play.... well, unless the summon involves two sages.
Well, pretty much the reason why they are ranked as Kage in skill.

Siddyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 06:25   Link #60
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
seriously, any character that fights in an episode, animated like this, will automatically look more badass. jiraya just doubled his awesomeness and fanbase. besides, weve all been starving to see him fight to his fullest. this battle will be one for the books.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
But now that you've mentioned the blood thingy, maybe he is so skilled that he doesn't need it?
Or maybe there is something more to it... as far as I can see all of them have Pein's eyes.
yes, the summons have those eyes, too. i have to be careful. there are obviously ppl that REALY dont read the manga. cute

Tags
weekly episode discussion