3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.25%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 408. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-21, 20:04   Link #181
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
- However, that scene was also interesting because of how Homura explained things. If only she had done that sooner. "I don't care if you believe..." but with tears in her eyes. Goddamn girl, if you had just taken this route earlier, so much could have been avoided.
Except it wouldn't have. The entire ending basically showed that had Madoka not gone through everything that happened this timeline. She would not have been able to make the correct wish to accomplish this.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 20:04   Link #182
MaiNoKen
◕ ‿‿ ◕
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters
To be shown on Good Friday, bearing the same message Good Friday gives us... I still can't believe this. It was as if the ending was made for this day.
It is all QB's plan.
MaiNoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 20:10   Link #183
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
To be shown on Good Friday, bearing the same message Good Friday gives us... I still can't believe this. It was as if the ending was made for this day.
Quoting bluemist:
Quote:
On Good Friday our dear Lady and Savior sacrificed herself for the good of all mahoushoujokind around 3AM. Remember this day.
Old 2011-04-21, 20:16   Link #184
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Except it wouldn't have. The entire ending basically showed that had Madoka not gone through everything that happened this timeline. She would not have been able to make the correct wish to accomplish this.
We don't know that. We only know that making the "correct" wish was dependent upon having the right information... information that Homura had but didn't share. Actually, even worse is that she barely tried, just once, kinda, in another timeline.

And then promptly gave up, not even thinking, "Hmm, maybe if I try to explain this differently... naw, I'll just try to handle Walpurgis all by myself even though I've never been able to handle it alone before, and somehow hope that Madoka doesn't contract in one of those times I'm not watching her."

Then again, maybe she's got Madoka bugged and is stalking her 24/7, heh.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 20:17   Link #185
estdesoda

Spoiler for Those new (?) characters who showed up in 11..:

Some random thoughs about the ep.11 new(?) characters.
estdesoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 20:18   Link #186
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
You're disqualifying one wish because it has two components, while giving another wish a pass because it has two components. We'll have to wait for the subs to see the exact wording, but Madoka did gain two things:

1. No more witches
2. Revival of previously dead magical girls

And possibly #3: make previous magical girls normal again. I thought I read somewhere that Sayaka was given a choice by Goddess Madoka to be an MG or not, and she decided to be one again, keeping Kamijou's hand healed. I'm fuzzy on the details, though, so will need to wait for subs clarification. But if this is true, Madoka had ample opportunity to make up a system where people wouldn't turn into witches or disappear.
This is why you should stop listening to rumors.

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell

Last edited by Key Board; 2011-04-21 at 20:28.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 20:21   Link #187
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

That was a hell of an ending.

That is what Mai-HIME should have get.
Well... Sort of. I liked Mai-HIME but Madoka...
Oh gosh... It's pretty simple : it's now my favorite.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 20:23   Link #188
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by taofd View Post
Wha... wha... what is this!?

This was posted 3-11-11 o_O?
I started it on March 11. The self-insert / critical review chapter was just added today.

Or maybe I really am a Magical Girl and I'm from a timeline where Madoka ended over a month ago.

Anyway, if you want something that's actually kind of weird, consider the fact that I posted http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6662929/1/Canned_Pineapple three days before episode 3 aired in Japan (and I didn't even pick the show up until episode 6-ish), and then look at http://wiki.puella-magi.net/File:Madokapine.jpg

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-04-21 at 20:41.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 20:27   Link #189
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Bah. I am searching for subs for episode 11 because they seem to be out, but I can't find any. I guess it's still too soon for it to be subbed, and I'm wary of watching it raw since I don't understand Japanese very well.
Old 2011-04-21, 20:37   Link #190
Kaijo
Banned

There is a subtitle file available for episode 11. I merely downloaded a raw in .mkv format and appended the subtitle file to it. It's easy to do, with VLC media player. Course, you have to know where to get the subtitle file, which I don't think I can share in a public manner in this post, heh.
Old 2011-04-21, 20:43   Link #191
gecd
Cah Gunungkidul

I thought why should not talk about fansub here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Don't put words into other people's mouths. Expectations are always subjective, and the execution isn't all flawless otherwise there wouldn't be any debate over the ending.

To brand disappointed fans that they were expecting a despair ending is a gross and irrelevant overgeneralization.
of course I know
that's sarcasm dude
my point is in 2nd sentence

0% alcohol, 80% ginger syrup, 10% love, 10% GALAU!!
gecd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-21, 20:49   Link #192
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-21, 21:06   Link #193
Kaijo
Banned

It makes for an interesting data point. People were talking about selfishness and selflessness awhile ago, with respect to Sayaka's wish. The idea that she was selfish, came from the idea that she only wished Kamijou's hand healed because she wanted a chance with him. I was one of the ones that argued that she gave up almost her entire life to heal his hand so he could have a chance at happiness, no matter how much it might hurt her.

So, here we are again, and she chooses to die to keep his hand healed. If she truly were selfish, she might choose not to do that in order to still have a chance with him. "If I can't be with him, then I won't heal his hand" kind of thing.

So while it might seem idiotic from one angle, I'd have to say it was fairly noble from another angle. While I personally don't believe in true altruism, believing instead that every decision and act has a selfish component, even I have to admit that's as pretty damn selfless as you're going to get.

We can argue that giving up your life so that someone's hand can be healed, might be stupid. But from one point of view, Kamijou saw his life as over because he couldn't do what he loved. She may very well have died to save his life.

Although, given her sacrifices in the show, I really wanted a better end for her, to see her end up with Kamijou. But, too much author meddling means she's doomed.
Old 2011-04-21, 21:19   Link #194
Hagoshod
Banned

On the subject of My HiME's deus ex machina ending vs. Madoka's deus ex machina ending:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-04-21 at 21:43.
Old 2011-04-21, 21:22   Link #195
tsunade666

I think she wants to hear Kamijou play music again that's why the scene was when they are watching him play his violin. And I think she also wish for his happiness and also her friend happiness though she was crying when madoka and sayaka are living. And by a small time when the curtain move at least Kamijou did mention/remember sayaka thought that's all for that part.
Old 2011-04-21, 21:27   Link #196
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
Everyone's happy and Magical Girls don't exist YAY" ending.
Ok,I havn't watched with subs yet but that doesn't really seem like the ending to me,not for Homura at least,unless you considerer having to live a lonely life dedicated to fighting monsters "happy".

Then Sayaka still sacrificed herself for Kamijou,and Madoka's been forgotten by nearly everyone.

edit:and wait,MG do still exist in the end so I have a hard time understanding where you're coming from
Old 2011-04-21, 21:33   Link #197
Hagoshod
Banned

Spoiler:
Old 2011-04-21, 21:38   Link #198
DasDingus
Dango Daikaizoku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
Spoiler for Madoka Ending: