AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-09, 16:59   Link #421
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You know, it would be funny if all those instances of "Ultra Director Haruhi" in the anime credits and elsewhere are actually Tanigawa's wife who doesn't want to give out her own name. Pulling the strings would be in Haruhi's style.
Old 2009-08-09, 16:59   Link #422
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
It's mostly a result of LSB's rumor-mongering and the fan speculation as to WHY Vol. 10 hasn't come out yet.
Well... maybe the author has simply hit a writer's block? Pure uneducated guess there, I'll admit.

Quote:
That'd be the director's interpretation of the laugh, I'd say.
Don't worry, Kaisos - you've convinced me that Itsuki's not gay...

...except maybe for Kyon

*Triple_R runs and hides... he he he! *
Old 2009-08-09, 17:01   Link #423
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Isn't it more Itsuki is gay for losing games to Kyon...since he never wins. He must either be bad at games, or just like losing.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:02   Link #424
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Or both. It's possible to lose constantly and enjoy it.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2009-08-09, 17:02   Link #425
User89254
Disabled By Request

Ohgog, Mrs. Tanigawa?

Writer's block, or the editor doesn't like the ending.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:05   Link #426
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
Writer's block, or the editor doesn't like the ending.
The fact that Vol. 10 had a release date suggests to me it's not writer's block... and I've said before why I believe it isn't the ending.

It mostly has to do with the story not having setup for it though.

Triple_R, get to Vol. 9 and you'll see what I mean. It's not really the sort of story than can end Haruhi.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:05   Link #427
TakariCritic

THIS MORNING, AND SEVEN PAGES AGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakariCritic View Post
Okay, now you're just trying to start a shipping war.
And now look what happened! Darnit, Anime-Suki, I thought we were better than this! There is a fandom fact everyone here must accept:

Fans will ship, and will die for their ship. There's no real reason to defend your own ship, nearly all have some basis for them. As long as the ship entertains you, the rest is inconsequential.

However, let us redirect the romantic speculations more onto the new Character, Slider-tan. Was her call to Kyon simply an impulse to "hear sempai's voice", or was it to ensure Sasaki got a busy signal in that plotline, thus preventing the meeting with the Anti-SOS Brigade, and the events which follow?
Old 2009-08-09, 17:07   Link #428
User89254
Disabled By Request

Slider-tan/Kyon?

I'd need more info first.

Sure, there WAS a release date...then it was delayed 3 times.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:08   Link #429
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
However, let us redirect the romantic speculations more onto the new Character, Slider-tan. Was her call to Kyon simply an impulse to "hear sempai's voice", or was it to ensure Sasaki got a busy signal in that plotline, thus preventing the meeting with the Anti-SOS Brigade, and the events which follow?
Probably the latter, knowing this series.

This means she must have SOME future help, likely from Big Mikuru.

It's notable that she doesn't show up in Beta, which implies to me she's from outside the timeline... One of the more popular theories as to her identity is that she's Kyon's little sister from a universe where she was born earlier, or something.

Kyon does seem to recognize the way she speaks and Imouto is the only character that really fits, so...

Quote:
Sure, there WAS a release date...then it was delayed 3 times.
Delayed once. They delayed it from June to an "unspecified future date".

The fact that the releases were three months apart suggest to me that the storyline was originally one huge book... and that the publisher made Tanigawa cut it down. You cannot write an entire book in three months.

I have no idea what happened to it since.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:10   Link #430
User89254
Disabled By Request

And Slider-tan says Imouto is cute, too. Egoism.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:11   Link #431
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, there is one other alternative for someone that Kyon would recognize the way she speaks besides Imouto....something that would make people either really happy, or very upset.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:13   Link #432
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well, there is one other alternative for someone that Kyon would recognize the way she speaks besides Imouto....something that would make people either really happy, or very upset.
...Who...?
Old 2009-08-09, 17:13   Link #433
User89254
Disabled By Request

Fire away.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:14   Link #434
TakariCritic

Quote:
Probably the latter, knowing this series.

Kyon does seem to recognize the way she speaks and Imouto is the only character that really fits, so...
Ah yes, but let's not forget, Kyon has shown an acute ability to recognize things outside his own plane, like in Snow Mountain Syndrome, where he recalled a few flashes of the SOS Brigade in various situations. Perhaps the fimiliarity of Slider-tan spawns from their meeting on another plane.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:14   Link #435
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

You should know her rather well by now...having written for her for a year. Someone the artists have suggested should have a ponytail and look like a tsundere loli.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:16   Link #436
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Isn't it more Itsuki is gay for losing games to Kyon...since he never wins. He must either be bad at games, or just like losing.
To not switch out the fifth card out on a double pair when playing Poker is either incredibly stupid... or Itsuki was trying to lose. I'm not sure which possibility I'm more comfortable with.

Anyway, I was just trying to pull Kaisos' chain there, and see if I could get a reaction from him befitting of his new avatar.

In all seriousness, though... if Koizumi has this perfect flawless empathy due to a psychic bond with Haruhi, then if Kyon was to wrap his arms around Haruhi from behind and say "I love you" to her... would Koizumi get the same sensation from this as Haruhi herself would? If so... why would Koizumi suggest it to Kyon I wonder?

*ahem*

Quote:

Triple_R, get to Vol. 9 and you'll see what I mean. It's not really the sort of story than can end Haruhi.
Will do. I'm almost through Disappearance now - excellent story so far.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:19   Link #437
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Ah yes, but let's not forget, Kyon has shown an acute ability to recognize things outside his own plane, like in Snow Mountain Syndrome, where he recalled a few flashes of the SOS Brigade in various situations. Perhaps the fimiliarity of Slider-tan spawns from their meeting on another plane.
Those were from Haruhi Theatre, which I doubt any of them QUITE recall.

Certainly possible though. She COULD be the King's/Space Emperor's/Sheriff's daughter, which would be interesting. I think Tanigawa'd have to finish Haruhi Theatre first though.

Quote:
You should know her rather well by now...having written for her for a year.
I knew it.

First of all, that's stupid.

Second of all, that's stupid.

Third of all, not only was she invented long AFTER Vol. 9 came out, but Slider-tan's description doesn't match. (She has hair that curls up at the bottom, and seems more like the typical genki girl.) Of course, it doesn't match Imouto either except for the hair color and small body, but you can't say that Imouto wouldn't have changed her hairstyle in five years...
Old 2009-08-09, 17:36   Link #438
User89254
Disabled By Request

That is a stupid answer.

The Death of Haruhi Suzumiya believes the slider (keep in mind, this was written before novel 9 came out) has something to do with the mysterious circuit found in Intrigues.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:41   Link #439
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Remember Kyon-chan's personality and looks is all fanfic stuff. Who's to say if the author has his own idea about what an alternate universe female Kyon should look or act like? Just because its Kyon doesn't mean she'll be snarky. Since its a slider there may be no other Haruhi, but then maybe there is.

Simple thought is to not try to outguess the author before a book is published...especially when there aren't enough clues. I present one possible path. You propose another. Niether of us is correct.
Old 2009-08-09, 17:43   Link #440
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
That is a stupid answer.
Do you even know what he was referring to...?

Quote:
The Death of Haruhi Suzumiya believes the slider (keep in mind, this was written before novel 9 came out) has something to do with the mysterious circuit found in Intrigues.

In any case, it's suggested that the circuit has to do with either Aliens or Time Travelers (there's some love triangle symbolism in there), and it's most likely Time Travelers, as humanoid aliens are something heavily suggested not to exist.

Quote:
Remember Kyon-chan's personality and looks is all fanfic stuff. Who's to say if the author has his own idea about what an alternate universe female Kyon should look or act like? Just because its Kyon doesn't mean she'll be snarky. Since its a slider there may be no other Haruhi, but then maybe there is.
I just don't think it'll happen, but eh.
Closed Thread