AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-11-09, 05:00   Link #281
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_cat1 View Post
Ah Allen, after reading half of Vol 1b, I found something different with your summary:
Your sum:
Spoiler for spoiler:

Spoiler for Actually::
Oh, I completely forgot about some details you wrote it. If you don't mind it I'll change this with your version in the summary.
Quote:
If you remember the PV, they animated that scene

Spoiler for light novel:

Rememer that?
Jud.! Tes.! Shaja! Of course I remember that scene
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 06:32   Link #282
black_cat1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Oh, I completely forgot about some details you wrote it. If you don't mind it I'll change this with your version in the summary.

Jud.! Tes.! Shaja! Of course I remember that scene
Oh, no problem, we all do it for the sake of Horizon
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-09, 20:14   Link #283
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Looks like all of the volumes of the Toaru Majutsu no Index Light Novel series have been translated, and I wonder which series would the translators pick up while New Testament Volume 3 is still not released.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 04:09   Link #284
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Volume 4C scheduled for 12/10.
http://dengekibunko.dengeki.com/new/bunko1112.php#new5

Judging from the price, the page count will be 1000+.
Suiri Megami Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 04:14   Link #285
ykf566

I noticed in the character listings at the beginning of each novel that Miriam is the only one amongst the Musashi students without an image, even though she has had images of her in the novel. I was wondering if there was a particular reason for this?

It remember this particular image of her in her introduction where Allen mentions she says:

"I was thinking that it was Nobody, but I was wrong. No body is wrong too, then what is it?"

Spoiler for :

Is there any relation or reason?
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 04:23   Link #286
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Remember Miriam poqou?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 04:25   Link #287
ykf566

No i was wondering whether the "nobody" had anything to do the fact that she had no image for her profile
ykf566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 04:44   Link #288
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ykf566 View Post
I noticed in the character listings at the beginning of each novel that Miriam is the only one amongst the Musashi students without an image, even though she has had images of her in the novel. I was wondering if there was a particular reason for this?

It remember this particular image of her in her introduction where Allen mentions she says:

"I was thinking that it was Nobody, but I was wrong. No body is wrong too, then what is it?"

Spoiler for :

Is there any relation or reason?
I think the "Nobody" means what it means literally, since Azuma thought no one was inside the room prior to that chapter. "No body" refers to ghosts or spirits according to Oriotorai if you read 1-A chapter 2.

I was wondering why Miriam isn't included in that famous image. She's the only one missing there, I believe. Although she doesn't have an image that introduces her (like this illustration), Nenji, Itoken, Ginji and Hassan doesn't have one as well, but they are included in that big picture. Maybe because she's taking Distance Education rather than attending the lecture so she wasn't (officially) part of the class.

As to why, she had no image for her profile, I checked 4B and her profile still shows no picture. That's weird. Up to 4B, she must have at least one particular image that features herself because the image used for profiles are taken from the illustrations itself (not the ones during the start of the chapters).
Old 2011-11-10, 07:23   Link #289
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by animeruri View Post

Holy shit....

Also yay NT 3 and C^3 13....
Old 2011-11-10, 16:41   Link #290
Myname

Is the main cast's class the only ones with special people? Seems like all the super powered people in the school and the entire student council is within that one class. Are all the other students in the school just normal people? And is their teacher really 100,027 years old?

Are Gin's arms really mechanical or are they just something she wears over her real arms?
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 00:50   Link #291
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The Uesugi/Russia faction is Svet Rus right? Or Soviet Rus?
Old 2011-11-11, 07:25   Link #292
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post
Is the main cast's class the only ones with special people? Seems like all the super powered people in the school and the entire student council is within that one class. Are all the other students in the school just normal people? And is their teacher really 100,027 years old?

Are Gin's arms really mechanical or are they just something she wears over her real arms?
It's a pretty weird coincidence that all the super people are in a single class; maybe they were paired up that way because only Oriotorai can handle them ww

As for her age, I like to think it the "juuman" is 充満 ("full"), which is a homonym of 十万 ("100,000"). So Toori says she's a full/ripe 27 year-old teacher. Or something like that.

Gin's arms are prosthetic, so I guess they are fully mechanical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The Uesugi/Russia faction is Svet Rus right? Or Soviet Rus?
The Russian says "Svet", rather than "Soviet", so I am assuming it's the former.

Also I have a quick question for novel readers re: Miriam: was she ever seen and her physical existence acknowledged by anyone other than Azuma? Or is Azuma the only one in actual physical/visual contact with her? I have a little theory boiling.
Zeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 11:57   Link #293
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroblade View Post
Also I have a quick question for novel readers re: Miriam: was she ever seen and her physical existence acknowledged by anyone other than Azuma? Or is Azuma the only one in actual physical/visual contact with her? I have a little theory boiling.
In the prologue of Volume 1-A, Oriotorai mentioned her name when she was taking a roll. Nobody raised a question about it, so at least the whole class knows Miriam's existence.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume_1_Prologue

But I am also a bit dubious about Miriam...
Spoiler for 1-B:
Old 2011-11-11, 15:13   Link #294
Allen
メインヒロイン

Quote:
Oh, no problem, we all do it for the sake of Horizon
Jud.

Quote:

Spoiler:

Quote:
Until 4A, the answer is still the same as what animeruri wrote. Just to complement her answer a little:
Spoiler for Vol2:
Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-11, 15:47   Link #295
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

Quote:
As for her age, I like to think it the "juuman" is 充満 ("full"), which is a homonym of 十万 ("100,000"). So Toori says she's a full/ripe 27 year-old teacher. Or something like that.
Actually, it was written as 十万二十七歳 in the novel (check volume 1-B, page 129, the line in the very left). But I don't think 100,027 is her actual age (that must mean she has been living ever since the previous world when people are still residing in heaven. Even 長寿族s don't last that many years lol). It's obvious that Toori is just teasing her (Toori loves to piss Oriotorai off for some reason).

I think it was a neta somehow parodying Demon Kakka's well-known line when he was interviewed in a variety show, when the host asked him for his age, he answered 10万24歳(100,024 yrs old).
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%...96%A3%E4%B8%8B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for 4-A:
Old 2011-11-11, 19:16   Link #296
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Actually, it was written as 十万二十七歳 in the novel (check volume 1-B, page 129, the line in the very left). But I don't think 100,027 is her actual age (that must mean she has been living ever since the previous world when people are still residing in heaven. Even 長寿族s don't last that many years lol). It's obvious that Toori is just teasing her (Toori loves to piss Oriotorai off for some reason).

I think it was a neta somehow parodying Demon Kakka's well-known line when he was interviewed in a variety show, when the host asked him for his age, he answered 10万24歳(100,024 yrs old).

Spoiler for 4-A:
She's Ookubo Tadachika/ Nagayasu from Musashi
Old 2011-11-12, 14:10   Link #297
Zeroblade
エロ大魔王

Quote:

[/SPOILER]
Ah, Jud. You're right! I just double-checked 1-B 129, and it did say 十万二十七歳.
Toori's such a meanie (´・ω・`)
Your explanation does make sense, so I'll just roll with that for now then. Better update :x

Quote:
In the prologue of Volume 1-A, Oriotorai mentioned her name when she was taking a roll. Nobody raised a question about it, so at least the whole class knows Miriam's existence.
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...ume_1_Prologue

But I am also a bit dubious about Miriam...
Spoiler for 1-B:
Well, my theory was that:
Spoiler for loltheory:

On the other hand, aside from what you mentioned, Heidi did mention that she and Azuma were held in by guards or something, so perhaps that shoots down that possibility.
Zeroblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 18:34   Link #298
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Regarding the translation of「 検討視野ヨーソロー」, I'll post my interpretation here, since everyone seems more active here. (I haven't been translating this weekend because I've been playing Baldr Sky.)

Anyways, the sentence reads:

店主は元侍職だそうなので刃傷沙汰も検討視野ヨーソローだと思う"武蔵"的には穏便に焼鏝あたりがよろしいかと思います・・・というの。

まあ・・・で、己の意見や考え方にお英訳しましょうといたします。

Since the shopkeeper is a former samurai, I think that incidents of blade injuries are also full steam ahead in the scope of investigation, but I wonder whether a peaceful branding would be fine for 'Musashi'.

うわ、色だらけ美しくて・・・ごほん。

Right, ヨーソロー is a naval term for going straight forward.
検討視野 would seem to mean 'scope of investigation'. (I have no idea whatsoever.)

So, what I think the author means is: The blade wounds are a dead giveaway, but a peaceful branding is much less of a hassle for "Musashi". I have serious doubts about this interpretation though, since ヨーソロー being a naval term seems to incline towards the operation of the ship.

Another interpretation which was so funnily wrong that I thought I'd bring it up is that 検討視野 means 'horizon' as in 'scope of consideration'. (In other words, I'm clueless.)

ああ、私、やっぱり日本語をもっと勉強した方がいい。

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 19:41   Link #299
Suiri Megami Alice
お兄ちゃんどいて! そいつ殺せない!

I have no idea how to translate the difficult stuff in there to English, but if I have to translate it into simpler sentences...

"Recently, there is a customer grasping the hand of the shop's staff during handing of change, it's giving them trouble. Since the shopkeeper is a former samurai, blade injury case would be highly likely to happen but personally (for Musashi), a milder one like a flat iron (burning) or the likes would be preferable."

Dirty way to get pass tough-to-translate lines is to cut corners. xDD
Old 2011-11-12, 20:02   Link #300
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I would say

The shopkeeper is a former Samurai so the investigation of blade wounds will be going full steam ahead I think, however I feel that a gentle branding would be fine for the Musashi

I have no idea what peaceful branding here means since I never read this vol. If it refers to smithing techniques as I think it is....then gentle branding would be more appropriate than peaceful.

Quote:
Dirty way to get pass tough-to-translate lines is to cut corners. xDD
Well.....pray no one notices eh?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2011-11-12 at 20:13.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boobs, harem, history, mecha, political negotiations, science fiction, shounen