AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-09, 21:10   Link #161
4Tran

This first episode reminds me quite a bit of Saki - shows that revolve around girls and their exaggerated club activities. The difference is that Saki has a weak premise with interesting characters, whiled Girls has an interesting premise (Tanks!) with weak characters - at least so far. The lead is particularly dreary. Let's hope this will improve.

On the other hand, tanks! The real winner of the bunch is the StuG III. Not only does it have the most firepower of the ones shown in the club, but it has flags! Both Takeda Shingen and Julius Caesar would approve. It's also nice to see a 38(t); Czech tanks don't get enough love. Whoever painted that M3 pink is sort of asking for it though, and I'm not sure about that crappy Japanese tank. In a way, it's too bad they went with CGI, tanks drawn by good mechanical animators would have looked a lot better.

I'm also wondering where they're planning to go with the city/aircraft carrier.
Old 2012-10-09, 21:20   Link #162
NK_500
Disabled By Request

Episode 1 spoiler-free review:

Style over substance, that all I can say. However unlike Strike Witches the girls manned the actual tanks, not becoming tank themselves. The 3D effects in this anime is bad although I liked the first person view of tank in action in first few minutes of the show. The animation quality is unimpressive but still pretty to look at. The ED song is quite good for a show like this and I wish I can hear the full version of it.

I rated it as 7/10.
NK_500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 22:01   Link #163
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So only girl can fight in japan and what the
Old 2012-10-10, 00:09   Link #164
garbage

hey, liked the last shot ala twist when it's shown they're on an city on an aircraft carrier like ship ^^, never would have guessed form the start. wonder why they had to do that.must be hell maintaining that ship not to mention the fuel costs :?

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I'm partially interested now.

But why would a town be on an aircraft carrier? What happened to the land?
yeah ! made me immediately think " are they on WaterWorld?" ahehe ... but then preview showed the carrier Docked.... guess not
would be waiting for their explanations :-) ,

looks like it's in the future though, but not so far

Last edited by garbage; 2012-10-10 at 00:18. Reason: add
garbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 01:50   Link #165
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
What do they expect, Matilda is tier 5. You have to hit it with HE.
no... I mean the IRL one. if someone can clarify, then I stand that Pz III crewmen were raging at the matilda, although I'm pretty sure it had a somewhat weak gun.
Old 2012-10-10, 02:58   Link #166
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Just watched the sub and my reactions were as follows:

Spoiler for Probable Spoiler for Reactions:

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2012-10-10 at 03:31.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 03:16   Link #167
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

The one thing that really didn't like me was the "Boys and tanks don't go well together." part.
To bad it's not a budo for both genders or is this just thanks to the Supercarrier Japan's propaganda movie?
Old 2012-10-10, 05:46   Link #168
Seiryuu

Wow. Never thought I'd see this.

Still, they're RIGHT! What says femininity more than several tons of steel roaring across the rugged desert, the stench of rust and oil, and explosions? And there's nothing more girly than those huge cannons. That's why its image has been used so frequently when a boy sees a pretty girl.

Seriously, I thought at first this would be like Strike Witches and other recent series where girls took on heavy military roles, but not a single bit of pantsu, bounce, or anything! Also the plot seems a little odd so far, but here's hoping that something will pick up.

Anyway, I'm sure the feminists out there will like the idea that a good wife has to know how to annihilate anyone who gets on her nerves.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 06:17   Link #169
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
WTF is this shit? NOT EVEN one man/boy?? Hardcore feminists are having orgasms right now over this. Look, I understand of this “21st century” new trend of “male bashing” thing happening right now around the world (well, except for the mid-eastern and maybe Africa…well, come to think of it, it’s mostly western countries+Japan and not much else), but this is downright SILLY.

Sooner or later these girls will grow old and die off, after years of lesbian orgies, and there won’t be any human left according to this crappy world….or am I missing the point by being reasonable and applying science? Well, no matter, there’s no point for shows like this!! I can’t take any show that has a bloody pink tank seriously. Bah!
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 06:30   Link #170
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
NOT EVEN one man/boy??
You know the premise of this series isn't "there are only girls are in the world", but that "tanks are a feminine art" right? You even see an entire crowd of men in the in-show promotional video, and used them to make a point about how learning about tanks makes women popular with men (that point can be debated).

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 06:33   Link #171
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Still, they're RIGHT! What says femininity more than several tons of steel roaring across the rugged desert, the stench of rust and oil, and explosions? And there's nothing more girly than those huge cannons. That's why its image has been used so frequently when a boy sees a pretty girl.
Well, you have the point there, but this show somehow feels off for me because:
1) Woman soldiers can be found in several countries, but all of them are still GIRLS (which country is crazy enough to approve their young women to enter millitary?)
2) They're wearing nothing but school uniform which literally aren't suited for millitary purposes! (uniform fetish, anyone?)
3) It's millitary, but everywhere is nothing but PINK (WTF is that!)

Quote:
WTF is this shit? NOT EVEN one man/boy?? Hardcore feminists are having orgasms right now over this. Look, I understand of this “21st century” new trend of “male bashing” thing happening right now around the world (well, except for the mid-eastern and maybe Africa…well, come to think of it, it’s mostly western countries+Japan and not much else), but this is downright SILLY.

Sooner or later these girls will grow old and die off, after years of lesbian orgies, and there won’t be any human left according to this crappy world….or am I missing the point by being reasonable and applying science? Well, no matter, there’s no point for shows like this!! I can’t take any show that has a bloody pink tank seriously. Bah!
This is why shows like Strike Witches, Upotte, and Infinite Stratos became popular in the first place, because they showed nothing but a bunch of girls doing nearly impossible things together.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 06:34   Link #172
Jerseykid

I have difficulty believing this actually got funding heh
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 06:38   Link #173
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
You know the premise of this series isn't "there are only girls are in the world"
Then how the hell they make babies in order to preserve human race in the first place? Those anime creators really didn't think much and just throwing a bunch of nonsense as long as they're suited to their fetishes.
Bah, this show was insanely ridiculous that i almost fell asleep and fell off my chair.
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 06:44   Link #174
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Then how the hell they make babies in order to preserve human race in the first place? Those anime creators really didn't think much and just throwing a bunch of nonsense as long as they're suited to their fetishes.
Bah, this show was insanely ridiculous that i almost fell asleep and fell off my chair.
This is purely FICTIONAL story, which means normal sense doesn't apply here, so please bear with it. And please don't insult those anime creators.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 06:56   Link #175
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Then how the hell they make babies in order to preserve human race in the first place?
Because there are males. Plain and simple.

You're creating a gripe with the show that doesn't exist, or you're confusing it with another show. Sure there are many unusual things about this show. The presence of males isn't one of them though. It's not like this isn't the first anime to feature an all-girls school, nor are the concept of said schools fictional, nor is this the first show to feature a mainly female cast.

However, there is nothing within the premise that says there are no males in the setting, and there are lots of evidence to the contrary.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 08:15   Link #176
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
WTF is this shit? NOT EVEN one man/boy??
No Queen's Blade for you then

Quote:
Hardcore feminists are having orgasms right now over this.
You got it completely wrong, our contemporary feminists will freak out more than you did, only complaining about the objectification and abuse of fictional underaged girls
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 10:42   Link #177
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
no... I mean the IRL one. if someone can clarify, then I stand that Pz III crewmen were raging at the matilda, although I'm pretty sure it had a somewhat weak gun.
lol I guess its OP armor was historically accurate. I don't actually know much about the Afrika part of the war, just the east and western fronts.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 11:33   Link #178
4Tran

In the opening scene of the first episode, we can see the tanks of the presumable club: the School President is in the Japanese tank with 4 crew (the gunner isn't shown), the next 4-crew group seems to be the 38(t), which gives us the hat commander in the StuG III, and of course the 6-crew group in that pink M3. I wonder why the president would put herself in the worst tank - what can it possibly do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
The PzIIIs in the Battle of France were armed with dinky 37mm guns, so they couldn't do much against either Matilda Is or IIs. The only guns of the tanks in the tank club that have much chance are the StuG III and the hull gun on the M3. The Pz IV might have a chance if it had HEAT ammunition. Huh, what kind of safety mechanisms do they have to keep little girls from getting fried by HEAT?

Quote:
WTF is this shit? NOT EVEN one man/boy??
Silly rabbit, tanks are for girls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
This is a school club, not the military! This is really much more Saki with tanks in the realm of a show about a silly club rather than any military-oriented show like Strike Witches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
You got it completely wrong, our contemporary feminists will freak out more than you did, only complaining about the objectification and abuse of fictional underaged girls
The joke is that feminism barely even exists in Japan. Doesn't feminisuto in Japanese mean the same thing as chauvanist in English?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoXiao View Post
lol I guess its OP armor was historically accurate. I don't actually know much about the Afrika part of the war, just the east and western fronts.
The Matilda was pretty tough to beat with tanks in North Africa, but Rommel tended to use anti-tank guns (and pressed 88mm AA guns), so they were still vulnerable.
Old 2012-10-10, 11:41   Link #179
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Well, you have the point there, but this show somehow feels off for me because:
1) Woman soldiers can be found in several countries, but all of them are still GIRLS (which country is crazy enough to approve their young women to enter millitary?)
2) They're wearing nothing but school uniform which literally aren't suited for millitary purposes! (uniform fetish, anyone?)
You don't call a school group "military" even if they handle actual military hardware.

If that's the case, plenty of people in the schools around me would actually be proper combatants worth something in a fight....

Quote:

That's because Pz III's gun in the early stages before the upgrades (Ausf J onwards) was shit. Even after the upgrades it was still quite bad compared against its opponents.

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2012-10-10 at 11:53.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 14:07   Link #180
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

What have I done!?!? ((((;゜Д゜)))

I think it's just like in this parallel world, driving tanks is like sumo wrestling for men... the other gender is frowned upon practicing it.

On the other hand, I really would like to see some historical material regarding that world.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks