AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-07-08, 08:30   Link #33781
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Question: does BITs beam output is very high or they use little amount of power focused tightly for penetration?

From novel and anime, I got the impression that it was the second one. It was the rifle that do most of the hard job. But I can't be sure.
Old 2012-07-08, 09:08   Link #33782
Eratas123

Not very piercing, I think. They don't seem to do much.
Old 2012-07-08, 09:10   Link #33783
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The bits seem to be able to damage the shields but that's about it. Imagine that the BTs have standard beam rifle while the Starlight MKIII is VSBR set to piercing shot. Then again, by gundam reference the hi-nu and nu's funnels could blow a hole in a carrier and sink it >.>
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 09:38   Link #33784
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

That's why I'm kinda concerned. the BITs was supposed to be able to strike multiple enemies, but with their pathetic power output that's simply not possible. Can anyone tell me if Zephyr has similar output problem?

If that's not the case, it's must be that the manufacturer more concerned about targeting system than output. Which mean BT prototype act like actual prototype would be in real life: weak and imperfect.

Either way, she is definitely in disadvantage against... well, everyone (Except Kanzashi's, who has similar combat profile to begin with), when it comes to Arena fighting.

To her credit, Republic Supernova (more or less Rito, his harem, Len and Saruyama) befitting their nickname "Team Spammer" for a good reason. (and if Zephyr does have higher output, then BT will be upgraded to reach that standard)
Old 2012-07-08, 09:46   Link #33785
agetreme
Just another Idiot

The Bits add extra attack. More drone = more guns....

6 drones = attack 6 times..... from 6 different direction.

===

I am still thinking about a rewrite.... it kind of add more dept to some of the characters...School life setting with some military bits in.....

"Ichika" get really reckless when emotional.... that get him into trouble....
"Houki" is tsundere who display yandere traits (Used to be Archdemon when she is a child?)....
"Cecilia" is full blown ojou-sama personality.....(Edit: Level-head and calm type)
"Rin" has spitfire temper that flare up easily."

The universe have aliens and men actually have some use.... (they crew the IS carrier since the girls are pilots....somebody has to man the Carrier to ensure that they have a safe-exit just in case something go bad...)

==

Will be busy next week so no progress.... even if I wanted to. damn.

===
Old 2012-07-08, 10:01   Link #33786
demino_hellsin
That one guy

We can safely assume it's the lack of space to add a focuser to increase charge particle compression. I'm pretty sure even the zephyr units couldn't perform shield piercing attacks. At best they had a crapload of stopping power and shield attenuating properties. If the BT units did ever shoot through the shield we can also assume its because the continuous fire caused the shielding to be unstable even for miniscule moments. But all in all, the BT units don't have piercing ability at all.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:06   Link #33787
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hmm, I will take that into consideration.

Zephyr has larger BITs to begin with.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:13   Link #33788
demino_hellsin
That one guy

as far as I know the only time Zephyr pierced a shield was when she stabbed Cecilia's hands through with the Zephyr's Interceptor CQC knife.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:23   Link #33789
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

.... which is ironic, I always though Madoka stab her with her rifle bayonet instead (though the Bayonet itself could be another Interceptor)
Old 2012-07-08, 10:24   Link #33790
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Zephyr's bit and rifle has more power.... than Blue Tears because

Blue Tear is just a testing platform after all.... to experiment on BT technology

Zephyr is essentially the completed version of Blue Tear....
Old 2012-07-08, 10:36   Link #33791
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Cecilia: BT-01 is no way inferior!

can't vouch for her though. But seeing as she's got a test platform. I'll say she has more flexibility. Considering that Silent Zephyrs is a completed product states that its current armament is where its limit is set. Only shifting can cause it to improve dramatically. BT-01 still has a free form capability because it can be armed with a lot more equalizers. This is in line with a theory of mine that since age mentioned its a test platform, it must have a lot of leeway in equipping all sorts of experimental peripherals and armaments.

EDIT: we have yet to add girl with scar to Ichika's harem... (Dammit Balalaika! why do you have to be so- *drool*)
Old 2012-07-08, 10:40   Link #33792
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Now that I think about it.

It's seems that USA is constantly spewing out new I.S. per generation is not that farfetched. (currently they have two) The country is large, powerful, and rich. Most other country only have two of those criteria.

Assuming USA economy/military does not collapse after WK, I won't be surprised by their speed of development.

OTOH, Japan probably has budget problem rather than anything else... hence Kanzahsi's unit is postponed. Meanwhile, ENTIRE European Union, minus France and German, is focusing on single unit: BT. No wonder Zephyr is so damn hax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
we have yet to add girl with scar to Ichika's harem... (Dammit Balalaika! why do you have to be so- *drool*)
Governator would like to have a word with you.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:45   Link #33793
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I have yet the pleasure of knowing this governator -_-
Old 2012-07-08, 11:08   Link #33794
agetreme
Just another Idiot

For my normal character (you know the hard-work pay off one)

I will just give it to a girl... it make sense: a male pilot is an abnormality, while a girl IS pilot is just.... normal.

She probably appear in alternate universe (undecided).

For her weirdness: She tend to talk in terms event flag..etc.

She play visual novel after all.... what do you expect?

In a way, she resemble Keima....
Her knowledge of human relation came from Video game..... and she reject the 3d world....because it is god-damn complicated and unpredictable (well... there is no save-point, no respawn point, you get only one life and one mistake = instant game-over).

She share the same belief as Nemo:
Rather not believe that Heaven exist....
Their reason: Have you been to a party? What happen after a party?
Now picture Earth as the place for party and Heaven is home.
Old 2012-07-08, 11:11   Link #33795
demino_hellsin
That one guy

but duuuuuudeeee What about the after party?
Old 2012-07-08, 11:21   Link #33796
agetreme
Just another Idiot

It is a complete wreckage.

Since everybody went home, nobody bother to clean up the mess (except for the host).

If heaven exist... humanity is not going to be responsible enough to leave earth in good condition for those who are being left behind.

It's a responsibility thing... it is common sense (to them anyway) to help clean up the place after the party....

and one of those few who are going to be left behind? Artificial humans....They are left behind because of what they are rather than who they are

Both Character refer Earth as Gaia's Garden....which is already kind of a mind-screw....Are they the alternate version of each other or something......

Here is the catch: If both exist in the same universe and one of them mention Gaia's Garden, the opposite gender will not mention it at all.

===

edit: it is a mess because I am tired and sleepy..... going to sleep...
Sleep Mode on.
Old 2012-07-08, 14:27   Link #33797
DarkJak2050

Another fanfic.

Gender Dislocation
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 18:21   Link #33798
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

@ Demi

@ Jak
I have a bad feeling about this...

EDIT: Holy shit, it's good! @_@
Old 2012-07-08, 19:31   Link #33799
demino_hellsin
That one guy

...oookaaaay...

So yeah, we still lack that archetype to the harem.
Old 2012-07-08, 20:01   Link #33800
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Hardly calling Black Lagoon 'harem' archetypical.

Then again, Ladette doesn't exist in I.S., scar and masculinity is part of their traits.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest