AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-04, 10:43   Link #21
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Man such an awesome season for anime, great manga's I read in the past getting adaptions, and Man! this first episode ripped my heart hard!
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 10:53   Link #22
AntonKutovoi

That was alright, I guess. But nothing really intersting so far, except great backgrounds.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 10:57   Link #23
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a really good first episode. Had some real weight and pressure to it and ended on a strong note. At least says something that I was darn well hoping that a couple kids might get through that gauntlet of death. Sadly not so lucky. Talk about giving the MC enough motivation to want to wipe out all the vampires.

Going to be one heck of a transition looking at how the preview. Going from apocalyptic prison camps to....school . The real test for the show will be making that work.

Nice little showdown at the end. Just a tragic gauntlet of death. MC was lucky that he was the MC since any other kid during the "die" line would have already had their head chopped off or something.

Really good first episode.
Old 2015-04-04, 11:07   Link #24
Irenesharda

That was pretty good. I didn't read the manga so I could go into this story dry and I have to say I'm glad I did. I like both main characters and they really make you hate the vampires. I loved the little orphan group even though I knew they were all about to die. At first I thought I would find Yu annoying but I ended up liking him alot. He reminds me a lot of Eren, and he even has the dark hair and green eyes.
Actually, I thought Mikala would get on my nerves more since I don't like passive rug characters, but I liked him a lot better towards the end.

It will be interesting to see where this story goes next and this prophecy they talk of. Also did the virus dissipate? What was up with it anyway? That virus seemed totally suspect to me. How does a virus spread to a population and kill them all at the same time? What's its incubation rate? How can it spread if it kills its host that fast? My scientist mind is finding that pill a little hard to swallow, but other than that, it was a good start.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 11:58   Link #25
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
That was pretty good. I didn't read the manga so I could go into this story dry and I have to say I'm glad I did. I like both main characters and they really make you hate the vampires. I loved the little orphan group even though I knew they were all about to die. At first I thought I would find Yu annoying but I ended up liking him alot. He reminds me a lot of Eren, and he even has the dark hair and green eyes.
Actually, I thought Mikala would get on my nerves more since I don't like passive rug characters, but I liked him a lot better towards the end.

It will be interesting to see where this story goes next and this prophecy they talk of. Also did the virus dissipate? What was up with it anyway? That virus seemed totally suspect to me. How does a virus spread to a population and kill them all at the same time? What's its incubation rate? How can it spread if it kills its host that fast? My scientist mind is finding that pill a little hard to swallow, but other than that, it was a good start.
Just for the record if you haven't yet realized, this series has fantastical elements.

A great first episode. The impact building for Yuu's motivation was good. The ominous and epic BGMs were fitting. And of course my favorite part was when Guren showed up with Shigure and Sayuri! Unlikely as it may be, I'm still crossing my fingers in hoping that we will get some impactful flashback scenes from the prequel.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 12:20   Link #26
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Just a reminder to folks that spoilers are not allowed. That includes any information from the official website. If it hasn't aired, it's a spoiler. Be mindful of that. I've already had to remove a few posts.

Thanks!
Old 2015-04-04, 12:32   Link #27
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Nice start, I like this seems interesting and the animation is decent.

Q: should I read the manga? it is good?
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 12:37   Link #28
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Also did the virus dissipate?
The blonde boy strongly insinuated the virus still exists, as the rationale for taking the huge risk of escaping seemed to be that they were 12, and only had one year of life left.

And, in the 4 year time skip in captivity, we didn't see any children on screen who appeared taller than them.

How that meshes with the clearly older people he runs into when the black haired boy escapes...well, presumably there's a bit more going on than virus, death, etc.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 12:38   Link #29
DragonKing0117
A Non-Awakened Prince

I like what I've seen so far. Nice imagery. Fluid Animation. Straight-to-the-point storytelling that manages to make you like or hate the characters within such a short timeframe. This definitely has my interest. 9/10 Will watch again... next week.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle Wiki - If you've read and enjoyed the series, please help out! We now have a social group!!!
Cipher J's Blog|Fan and Original Fiction Database - A blog that I recently made to serve as a backup place for all my fan/original fiction. Feel free to check it out if you like.
DragonKing0117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 12:42   Link #30
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Time for a bit of theorizing,

Just looking at the end of the episode I'm curious how things will unfold and what the real situation is. The fact that we saw some adults (or at least over 13) aged people can create the theory that the situation isn't exactly what was broadcasted at the start.

Which makes sense. If you were going to wipe out a city outside of the child population it'd be a good move to make those kids believe there is no hope and nowhere to go. The fact that they killed the entire adult population of a city would be enough reason to believe them.

May be completely offbase but it seems possible. It may not be global annihilation but rather a few cities or maybe a country just getting taken out.
Old 2015-04-04, 12:58   Link #31
ookamigirl

Disturbing beginning.
Not a very fun way of living.. walking blood bags.
That Yuichiro sure has a hard personality..
He will be our brooding hero!
Damn, pretty dark first episode..
Will be watching this!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 13:02   Link #32
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Just for the record if you haven't yet realized, this series has fantastical elements.
I know, but that's just how my mind works. I can't help it. I'm planning on studying virology so it's a bit of a passion for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
The blonde boy strongly insinuated the virus still exists, as the rationale for taking the huge risk of escaping seemed to be that they were 12, and only had one year of life left.

And, in the 4 year time skip in captivity, we didn't see any children on screen who appeared taller than them.

How that meshes with the clearly older people he runs into when the black haired boy escapes...well, presumably there's a bit more going on than virus, death, etc.
Mikala hadn't been outside anymore than anyone else, so I don't think he would know anything more than what the vampires told them, and I wouldn't trust anything they say.

Also, remember that Yu was already 12 when he escaped, he should have only had one year before being infected and die, however 4 years have passed, so he's 16 now and not dead, and neither is anyone else who is obviously older. So, either the virus is gone, or there is some kind of vaccine they can now use.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-04-04, 13:05   Link #33
Malicre

best 1st episode of any anime so far this season.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 13:29   Link #34
Draco Spirit

Nice first episode, even if were only introduced to one cast member properly. I'm liking the tone especially.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 13:47   Link #35
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
Nice first episode, even if were only introduced to one cast member properly. I'm liking the tone especially.
Well, two really. I think they did a pretty good job of introducing both Yu and Mikala, their personalities and what they mean to each other.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-04-04, 13:54   Link #36
Tranhieu

Maybe it's just me but the 1st episode felt kinda lacking. Like it's trying to be serious but failed half way, the directing that is. Regardless, this episode did its job well establishing the premise and introducing characters.

Anyway looking forward to next week.
Tranhieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 14:00   Link #37
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Nice first episode. Really sad though. I wonder if the characters will gain something to defeat their enemies
Old 2015-04-04, 14:26   Link #38
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
I know, but that's just how my mind works. I can't help it. I'm planning on studying virology so it's a bit of a passion for me.

Mikala hadn't been outside anymore than anyone else, so I don't think he would know anything more than what the vampires told them, and I wouldn't trust anything they say.

Also, remember that Yu was already 12 when he escaped, he should have only had one year before being infected and die, however 4 years have passed, so he's 16 now and not dead, and neither is anyone else who is obviously older. So, either the virus is gone, or there is some kind of vaccine they can now use.
I'm talking about the 4 year time skip while in captivity, resulting in their being 12 when making the decision to try to escape.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-04, 14:39   Link #39
Top Sergeant

They have certainly clearly established that the vampires are the bad guys.

Hopefully Yu's anger issues will be controllable, at least a little, or he'll be one dimensional.

Good first episode, and I'm on board.
Old 2015-04-04, 14:55   Link #40
ChampDream
Alive

Good start, Like the animation and the setting.
Poor Yu, losing his family like that, Mikala probably felt worst since he was the one that was tricked.

Tags
shonen, vampire