AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-14, 09:57   Link #301
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Bullet View Post
i think u misunderstood. we're saying that. why can't rollo spam his geass after the 5 sec limit. giving more time for lelouch to talk to nunnally. if he could do it at babel tower. why not now?
Well, one being that it would be a rather awkward to have to stop in the middle of a conversation for at least in Suzaku's perspective for a long period of time so he required an answer that would placate him, and also even he might start notice the difference if Rolo just used it excessively.
Old 2008-05-14, 09:58   Link #302
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
i think u misunderstood. we're saying that. why can't rollo spam his geass after the 5 sec limit. giving more time for lelouch to talk to nunnally. if he could do it at babel tower. why not now?
My guess is that he is restricted to a "capital" of 5 seconds of frozen time per a longer (unknown) unit of time; that would explain how he would be able to seemingly spam his power (by dividing his capital on the alloted "cooldown") on short intervall altough preventing 5+5+5+......seconds of frozen time.

NB: I admit my point of view is heavily influenced by my MMORPG gamer experience.
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 10:01   Link #303
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Well, one being that it would be a rather awkward to have to stop in the middle of a conversation for at least in Suzaku's perspective for a long period of time so he required an answer that would placate him, and also even he might start notice the difference if Rolo just used it excessively.
hmm could be. but your missing the point that it stops the sense of time. so what may actually be 10 minutes may just be 5 seconds. (just an example)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
My guess is that he is restricted to a "capital" of 5 seconds of frozen time per a longer (unknown) unit of time; that would explain how he would be able to seemingly spam his power (by dividing his capital on the alloted "cooldown") on short intervall altough preventing 5+5+5+......seconds of frozen time.

NB: I admit my point of view is heavily influenced by my MMORPG gamer experience.

hmm.. possible. there was a very very slight pause during the babel tower... i overlooked that factor
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 10:01   Link #304
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
It would make sense since the distance we've seen him pass with each use is not that far
Old 2008-05-14, 10:04   Link #305
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
hmm could be. but your missing the point that it stops the sense of time. so what may actually be 10 minutes may just be 5 seconds. (just and example)

hmm.. possible. there was a very very slight pause during the babel tower... i overlooked that factor
Wait wait wait, where are you getting your math from? Divide a minute by 5 seconds and you have about 12 times he would need to stop. Even 5 seconds of silence would start to make Suzaku suspicious. The most important thing wasn't specifically to talk to Nunnally but to fool Suzaku in this instance <_<
Old 2008-05-14, 10:07   Link #306
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Wait wait wait, where are you getting your math from? Divide a minute by 5 seconds and you have about 12 times he would need to stop. Even 5 seconds of silence would start to make Suzaku suspicious. The most important thing wasn't specifically to talk to Nunnally but to fool Suzaku in this instance <_<
uh it was just an example.. relax..

u seem to forget that lelouch did pause awhile and look back at suzaku without saying anything.. that small interveral could be around 5 seconds? but in that situation suzaku just stared at him with those cold eyes.

about the fooling.. true.. but he could have gained more time to talk to nunnally.
Old 2008-05-14, 10:11   Link #307
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
uh it was just an example.. relax..

u seem to forget that lelouch did pause awhile and look back at suzaku without saying anything.. that small interveral could be around 5 seconds? but in that situation suzaku just stared at him with those cold eyes.

about the fooling.. true.. but he could have gained more time to talk to nunnally.
True, but any more then that would have definitely been suspicious if he just stood there for any longer. You can only be surprised for so long...

Also true, but I think the risk was too great, he'd also have needed to coordinate more with Rolo in that respect, at the same time he was planning to get her anyway so I suppose there wasn't a real need to go any further >_>
Old 2008-05-14, 10:14   Link #308
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
True, but any more then that would have definitely been suspicious if he just stood there for any longer. You can only be surprised for so long...
I was under the impression that Suzaku was thinking that Nunnally was doing all the talking for those seconds, just because Lelouch doesn't say anything for 4-5 seconds he shouldn't go all "zomg it's Zero again spinkick him off the roof"
Old 2008-05-14, 10:14   Link #309
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:

Also true, but I think the risk was too great, he'd also have needed to coordinate more with Rolo in that respect, at the same time he was planning to get her anyway so I suppose there wasn't a real need to go any further >_>
i agree with you on the 1st point.

hmm.. true at your 2nd point too.. but during that time stopping period he could instruct rollo to geass suzaku again...
Old 2008-05-14, 10:15   Link #310
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
I was under the impression that Suzaku was thinking that Nunnally was doing all the talking for those seconds, just because Lelouch doesn't say anything for 4-5 seconds he shouldn't go all "zomg it's sero again spinkick him off the roof"
You can't just talk to yourself, she's obviously asking him a question, he needed to respond... or else >_>

Quote:
i agree with you on the 1st point.

hmm.. true at your 2nd point too.. but during that time stopping period he could instruct rollo to geass suzaku again...
Well, like I said there were other factors. Another one might have been Rolo might have been only willing enough for that one respite since
Old 2008-05-14, 10:18   Link #311
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
You can't just talk to yourself, she's obviously asking him a question, he needed to respond... or else >_>

Well, like I said there were other factors. Another one might have been Rolo might have been only willing enough for that one respite since
that would be awfully bad on how rollo treats his nii-san xD
Old 2008-05-14, 10:18   Link #312
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
She could be saying that she's Nunnally and she's going to Area 11 which she hasn't been for a year and that the sun is shining where she is now, that sort of thing
Old 2008-05-14, 10:24   Link #313
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
She could be saying that she's Nunnally and she's going to Area 11 which she hasn't been for a year and that the sun is shining where she is now, that sort of thing
She technically did that already though, so now it's time for Lelouch to interject whether he had his memories restored or not <_<
Old 2008-05-14, 12:57   Link #314
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
She technically did that already though, so now it's time for Lelouch to interject whether he had his memories restored or not <_<
True,
But Imo Lelouch should have told Rolo to kill Suzaku during that phonecall, then talk to Nunnaly and tell her that he was going to come get her with the Black Knights, no Suzaku = Zero got Nunnaly during that plane attack, Nunnaly safe, Suzaku dead and everything goes smooth
Old 2008-05-14, 13:02   Link #315
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
True,
But Imo Lelouch should have told Rolo to kill Suzaku during that phonecall, then talk to Nunnaly and tell her that he was going to come get her with the Black Knights, no Suzaku = Zero got Nunnaly during that plane attack, Nunnaly safe, Suzaku dead and everything goes smooth
If he'd killed him that would have just sent all sorts of messages that his memory was restored though, he was trying to prove otherwise and you need a live Suzaku for that. Plus, if they discovered he was missing right after going off to confront him that would have sent signals back to Britannia which would have put Nunnally in danger, at least from his perspective. >_>
Old 2008-05-14, 13:07   Link #316
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
If he'd killed him that would have just sent all sorts of messages that his memory was restored though, he was trying to prove otherwise and you need a live Suzaku for that. Plus, if they discovered he was missing right after going off to confront him that would have sent signals back to Britannia which would have put Nunnally in danger, at least from his perspective. >_>
But he could have warned Nunnally,
And the Black Knights went after her the next day though, and nobody knew they were going to ambush the plane, which means they had surprise, not even Suzaku and the KoR knew they were gone from the chinese embassy.
The only people Suzaku told about confronting him was Viletta and Rolo,
Which would explain why Rolo was on the roof since maybe he knew who was going to be on the phone and knew his Nii-san would be in trouble?
and Viletta got blackmailed while her entire surveillance has been jacked.
Old 2008-05-14, 13:11   Link #317
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
But he could have warned Nunnally,
And the Black Knights went after her the next day though, and nobody knew they were going to ambush the plane, which means they had surprise, not even Suzaku and the KoR knew they were gone from the chinese embassy.
The only people Suzaku told about confronting him was Viletta and Rolo,
Which would explain why Rolo was on the roof since maybe he knew who was going to be on the phone and knew his Nii-san would be in trouble?
and Viletta got blackmailed while her entire surveillance has been jacked.
Yes, he could have warned the blind-crippled girl of danger and she would have obviously been able to defend herself if he had done something stupid to provoke his father. And you do know Gino, Anya, and everyone else in Britannia knew he had gone back to school right, even if he didn't tell them it was to confront Lelouch. It would have at the very least reached the Emperor if he did learn Suzaku had gone missing. From there, in Lelouch's mind, she would be in incredible danger. He can't rescue her right this second, and they probably would have kept her in the homeland if something happened to Suzaku at the very least >_>
Old 2008-05-14, 13:17   Link #318
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Yes, he could have warned the blind-crippled girl of danger and she would have obviously been able to defend herself if he had done something stupid to provoke his father. And you do know Gino, Anya, and everyone else in Britannia knew he had gone back to school right, even if he didn't tell them it was to confront Lelouch. It would have at the very least reached the Emperor if he did learn Suzaku had gone missing. From there, in Lelouch's mind, she would be in incredible danger. He can't rescue her right this second, and they probably would have kept her in the homeland if something happened to Suzaku at the very least >_>
Your probably right,

but Lloyd was there and Guilford, I don't think they would have anything in mind of hurting a blind crippled girl

Gino and Anya don't know Lelouch = Zero right? or am I missing something?
And they were dancing right down at the ballroom, so that would be a problem if they see Suzaku's corpse being dumped off the roof.
Old 2008-05-14, 13:22   Link #319
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Your probably right,

but Lloyd was there and Guilford, I don't think they would have anything in mind of hurting a blind crippled girl

Gino and Anya don't know Lelouch = Zero right? or am I missing something?
And they were dancing right down at the ballroom, so that would be a problem if they see Suzaku's corpse being dumped off the roof.
If it's an order from the Emperor... well even then they only have to cancel her trip and take her somewhere 'quiet' or just hold her hostage to bring Lelouch in if they realize his memory had returned...

True, but they knew Suzaku was in the building, was in the school, and if he went missing, well, either way if the message got out then it would be a security risk and a risk on Nunnally's safety, so no matter how much Lelouch may hate his guts he won't risk it in the end <_<
Old 2008-05-14, 13:30   Link #320
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
If it's an order from the Emperor... well even then they only have to cancel her trip and take her somewhere 'quiet' or just hold her hostage to bring Lelouch in if they realize his memory had returned...

True, but they knew Suzaku was in the building, was in the school, and if he went missing, well, either way if the message got out then it would be a security risk and a risk on Nunnally's safety, so no matter how much Lelouch may hate his guts he won't risk it in the end <_<
yeah, I guess your right

In my first post about it I had forgotten that Gino and Anya were there too

Lelouch should have brought Rolo with him on that Plane attack though, freezing time to kill Suzaku right on the spot while he grabs Nunnally would have been a nice scene