AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-04-08, 02:29   Link #621
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Hmmm , meh for me , a mix Annie-Ryze. Easy play , spam all the spells while you auto-attack the target to set him on fire with Madred effect. The thing is , all long does it last.
Well , we'll see him in Spotlight.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 04:42   Link #622
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I started playing veigar, which I bought a while ago. If I ever had problems against Ryze then they are solved now ahahaha.

So much fun to play, easy as well.
Almost have all my cd-reduction runes (800 something a piece) and can then follow up on ym runes list: armor pen, dodge, damage. So I can save up for Jaxx
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-08, 09:42   Link #623
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Probably gonna be a mana-intensive burst caster or AoE dot, I just hope he doesn't have a useless passive like Karma's % HP related one.
While it's far from being useful, it's not quite as useless as you may think. There is not a single game where my Karma HP isn't reduced to half or less for each and every team combat.

And I like what I am seeing for Brand.
Old 2011-04-08, 11:46   Link #624
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Cool Season 1 ends soon(~June) Hope they'll announce the new map.
Old 2011-04-08, 17:00   Link #625
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Oooook, I got yelled at for playing AP/tank Shen...by full AP Tristana 0_0 Is such a build viable in any way? Or is it troll hunting season and I'm getting all the weirdos?

P.S: Liking Olaf, I finally found a use for Rally! Use it @ Golem to kill it in conjunction with smite, then lay it down during tower diving Btw his axe is broken, if you toss it right in front of you in a 1v1, its cooldown resets immediately, allowing high-speed spam of a potent slow and dmg while swinging with AA/W.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 00:18   Link #626
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Oooook, I got yelled at for playing AP/tank Shen...by full AP Tristana 0_0 Is such a build viable in any way? Or is it troll hunting season and I'm getting all the weirdos?

P.S: Liking Olaf, I finally found a use for Rally! Use it @ Golem to kill it in conjunction with smite, then lay it down during tower diving Btw his axe is broken, if you toss it right in front of you in a 1v1, its cooldown resets immediately, allowing high-speed spam of a potent slow and dmg while swinging with AA/W.
Not like he has enough mana, and its dmg isn't that good either.

Btw, AP Tris is as viable as AP Shaco. It works, if your enemy is stupid.
Old 2011-04-09, 00:48   Link #627
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, it's still a good 200 dps to your raging viking, really helped me nail some kills, and puts golem buff to good use :P Iunno, even though Olaf's mana pool is small, I never once ran out of mana.
Old 2011-04-09, 01:51   Link #628
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Brand should have a Shin Akuma skin.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 03:22   Link #629
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yup , Olaf isn't OP & weak , this is why i like him Mana isn't a great problem , the thing is his damage , he needs more armor pen. Well at least for me , i build him with a wriggle + youmuu then Warmog, Frozen mallet , atma , for boots depends Mercury or Swiftness.
Early gank at lv4 after the jungle (no back yet) you can make some kills on lane/mid or the jungler on their team(with back) Easy to destroy a jungler when you know his route. I destroyed the olaf on their team and he ends up on ragequit... same for nocturne. But champ like Shaco , Nunu , it's impossible , except if they are low hp. I always take Smite&Exhaust.
Lol Rally , i don't feel the need for this amazing summon

Anyway , i want to talk about Teemo.. why almost all kikookidplayers are playing him srly !
Cuz of his Kikooskills ? Blind-AApoison-Run-Blind-AApoison-Run-Blind-AApoison-Run-Blind-AApoison-Run- Spam champ everywhere.... Run Run Run with Flash & Ghost...
Almost all teemo that i met in my team , are playing solo... they farm , farm , farm , play hide&seek , no 5v5 even if our tower is down... Yesterday , i had enough of the player... 330creeps kills , so what? Never help , never on the teamfight.... Add an Alistar AD best game ever... but even , 4v5 we played well , just , at late game , it's not possible to win... well , fortunately , normal game.
Old 2011-04-09, 08:33   Link #630
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
needs more armor pen
I had 101 ArPen on Olaf...with health quints! Items:
1) Jungle to wriggle's
2) Berserk boots
3) Avarice blade->brutalizer->Youmuu's
4)Warmog's
5) Atma's
6) Sword of Divine(!)
7) Sell wriggle's to get Frozen Mallet
So, in total: 21 ArPen from masteries and runes, 30 from ulti passive, 20 from youmuu's, and 30 from SoD's active, in conjunction with the active from youmuu's and W and any odd buff you may have, that's a 2.1 AS 101 ArPen Olaf for you Of course this build leaves your HP as your only defence, but Olaf really feels like a lifesteal champ, so I can't think of anything better than this.
Old 2011-04-09, 09:37   Link #631
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Nice ArPen , i need to farm IP to buy some runes...
Yes , he doesn't really needs Armor or Resist Magic items except if you really die too fast even with a Warmog + Lifesteal.
Sword of Divine , i only buy it against a Jax but it might works too.
Old 2011-04-09, 09:47   Link #632
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Yeah, it's very cheap and a lot of people focus on the 100 dmg per 4s instead of the active (true strike+30 arpen for 8 whole seconds). As for damage, Olaf gets a very nice bonus from warmog's+mallet+atma's and his base health, it's pretty heavy mid-late game. My only problem is that he's a weak jungler, golem always leaves me on <10% HP, a counter-jungler could ruin my day...then again, that's what it means to have balanced champions
Old 2011-04-09, 13:16   Link #633
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Yeah, it's very cheap and a lot of people focus on the 100 dmg per 4s instead of the active (true strike+30 arpen for 8 whole seconds). As for damage, Olaf gets a very nice bonus from warmog's+mallet+atma's and his base health, it's pretty heavy mid-late game. My only problem is that he's a weak jungler, golem always leaves me on <10% HP, a counter-jungler could ruin my day...then again, that's what it means to have balanced champions
I'm not so sure about the weak jungler part.....

Do you have enough required runes for jungling Olaf? I've seen Olaf that can jungle without smite and still have roughly 40% hp left after golem.

Or you can check this guide. In all honestly, I don't like Olaf that going with all those HP item, because if you calculate it, the attack point you gain is so small it doesn't worth it. In the good line up, it's better to go dps and let your real tank do the job.
Old 2011-04-09, 14:21   Link #634
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Totally forgot about Fortify's passive, I've already checked out the guide, my runes are:
3 HP Quints
9 Des marks
9 Dodge seals
9 lame glyphs (mp5/lvl, reeeally gotta change those someday...)
Honestly, I enjoy having a dps champ who is not always on the verge of death (see Trynda) or so squishy that other squishies can combo-kill them in 1.7 seconds (Tristana, Ashe, lots of people really).
Quote:
if you calculate it, the attack point you gain is so small it doesn't worth it.
2% of 3500 is 70 damage, it's not half bad if you ask me (for a bonus, that is).

Also some offtopic news from me, I lost 4 co-op games in a row, won the last one by breaking my Zilean at 45' in the game. We were being pushed down to the nexus turrets, so everyone switched to def and I sold aaaaall my items except my arc staff and deathcap, and bought 3 extra staves and a lich bane to play...yes, that's right. Backdoor Zilean of 1233 AP and lich bane proc xD Oddly enough, normal games end much faster and usually far better.
Old 2011-04-12, 00:17   Link #635
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

You can say I'm really looking forward to playing him.
Old 2011-04-12, 02:56   Link #636
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Like an Annie-Ryze gameplay. Cool looking champ but not very interesting for me. Need to know his ratio to see how much his skills will hurt.
Still waiting for the new map announcement & for a new tank , yeah a "real" tank , it's been a long time..
Old 2011-04-12, 03:03   Link #637
Xacual

Saw that Morgana, Malphite and Ryze are getting cost reduced. 450 for Ryze and 1350 for the other two. I might buy Ryze now which I've been putting off.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 03:15   Link #638
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

For the release note.

Cass & Galio needed their buffs.
Nerf for Nocturne & Renek , yes there were a bit OP when well played.
Also Teemo , good for his champ nerf & his speed CD.

For the items , wtf... Heart of Gold , no armor now.... Nerf for Randuin... 53 armor instead of 80..
Infinite blade buff , wow... will please Trynd..
Buff for spell vamp items. Hmmm , Katarina, Vlad & Akali will be glad.
Also a nerf & buff for Wriggle , 18% lifesteal but it won't combine with the 500dmg now. Yes , it'll stop jungler to get full hp on 2-3 hits 500dmg.
Old 2011-04-12, 04:40   Link #639
Kafriel
Senior Guest

And now, my only viable counter to AS/AD champs will be frozen heart...Spell vamp buff is a nice bonus, I've always been a fan. Wriggles nerf was much needed, you see that WW with 50 HP after a teamfight, he pops at wraiths and boom, 1k.
Quote:
450 for Ryze
I'll pay up front, thx New Ryze is far better than the old one, because people now focus on utility and survivability instead of building glass cannons. His ult really needs reworking though.

In other news, Anivia is uber-strong. I played one game and focused on a cheap build (enemy team had Fid, so I went tear->boots->guise->banshee's->arc staff) and my damage was quite insane with like, 160 AP, because:
1) Her flash frost can hit twice, once when passing through and once when you blast it.
2) Glacial storm has high base dps
3) Ice blast or whatever it's called deals twice as much when enemy's slowed
When was she last nerfed?
Old 2011-04-12, 05:20   Link #640
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

The new ryze is kinda like the old ryze reverse you know.
He doesn't really need AP , just buff-survivability , a tanky-strong mage spamming his W every 2s. You can have 3000HP & still can do lot of dmg.

Yeah Anivia is one of the strongest mage when well played specially with her wall which can make the difference in a TF.

Tags
league of legends, lol