AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 23
10 out of 10 : Near Perfect... 26 23.85%
9 out of 10 : Excellent... 21 19.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good... 24 22.02%
7 out of 10 : Good... 18 16.51%
6 out of 10 : Average... 11 10.09%
5 out of 10 : Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor... 1 0.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad... 3 2.75%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad... 2 1.83%
1 out of 10 : Torturous... 3 2.75%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-12-09, 13:25   Link #101
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Shown in Ep.21, most likely they will meet up, Kirito/Yui using a GM console with the stolen admin card and log her out.

If the mind controlling scheme comes to light, RECTO will likely go bankrupt like Argus did, and the amount of VRMMO players will decline.

Exactly how did you think of a next '--O' game, where Asuna will be imprisoned (again)?
The reason she is in ALO is because her fiancé is locking her up, in the game his department produced, as to allow no objections to his marriage into the Yuuki family.
If Kirito successfully logs out Asuna, she won't magically transfer into another game without reason, unless another villain we never heard about spontaneously decides to redirect Asuna to his VRMMO game for some grand evil plan, it is very unlikely Asuna will be imprisoned again after the ALO arc.
Was a misunderstanding on my part. I was under the impression that even if she successfully hit the "log-out" button, it wouldn't have changed the fact that her mind is still stuck in limbo. Given that Kirito auto-woke up, and outsiders not having any access to SAO at all, it would've been hard for her "finace" to perfectly time it and lock her up instantly into the new game.

That's why I just assumed that her mind is still stuck in "limbo" if you will, and that the whole point is they're also trying to figure out a way to bring her back to the Real World, because simply logging out won't do much good. Part of me just really wants Kayaba to come back and do some good, that's all.

edit:
Hence, it's not imprisonment by another villain per-se, but rather a way for her and kirito to still be together and interact as they figure out why she wasn't granted the ability to wake up like Kirito.
Old 2012-12-09, 13:35   Link #102
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I do believe that he'll be able to recue Asuna at this point.

All this about research into the human brain however, sounds like an obvious plot hook into the next arc.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 13:57   Link #103
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Given that Kirito auto-woke up, and outsiders not having any access to SAO at all, it would've been hard for her "finace" to perfectly time it and lock her up instantly into the new game.
Yeah, in an earlier episode, Sugou said that this is exactly what he did -- that, at the time when SAO was falling apart (since they were running the SAO servers at that point), he "routed" their connections to the ALO servers rather than letting them wake-up. So her not waking-up wasn't really an accident or anything; she never disconnected from the game world (just got auto-rotated to another server in another game). This is, incidentally, why there are so many glitches relating to using Kazuto's NerveGear in ALO (as if they were the same game just morphed a bit). The two games had to be compatible to that degree so that the captives could have that sort of immediate, seamless transfer from one game to the other without any disconnections or errors.

(I remember we had that big debate at the time about how some thought it was unrealistic for SAO/ALO data to be so "compatible". I wonder why I never thought about the captives back then? Actually, I guess maybe I didn't know about it at that point.)
Old 2012-12-09, 13:58   Link #104
Krono

Quote:
edit:
Hence, it's not imprisonment by another villain per-se, but rather a way for her and kirito to still be together and interact as they figure out why she wasn't granted the ability to wake up like Kirito.
We and Asuna already know why she didn't wake up like Kirito. Specifically Sugou's interference and grabbing as many SAO players for his experiments as he could manage.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 13:59   Link #105
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yeah, in an earlier episode, Sugou said that this is exactly what he did -- that, at the time when SAO was falling apart (since they were running the SAO servers at that point), he "routed" their connections to the ALO servers rather than letting them wake-up. So her not waking-up wasn't really an accident or anything; she never disconnected from the game world (just got auto-rotated to another server in another game). This is, incidentally, why there are so many glitches relating to using Kazuto's NerveGear in ALO. The two games had to be compatible to that degree so that the captives could have that sort of immediate, seamless transfer from one game to the other without any disconnections or errors.
Ahh thanks for clarifying that, totally went over my head/i forgot completely.

That's good to know then, yay for Asuna.
Old 2012-12-09, 18:27   Link #106
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
No doubt that Suguha pretty much had to force herself a bit in order to get things done here. It's not like she wanted to break down last episode anyways. They can play things off as "Kirito hasn't really returned until Asuna wakes up" and leave it at that. Both of them are going to have to adjust to the realities of the situation and they will have time to do that after this is taken care of. For now it's time to get the job done.

But I have to say bringing in the Dragon Riders really is a way to call in the cavalry . Even still the best they could do was get Kirito through the hole. To be fair it was set up to be impossible without appearing that way. Like hell Sugou wants people clearing the game or bothering his science experiment.

And Recon.....most fail self-sacrifice I've seen in a while. At least it got him out of the picture.
Old 2012-12-09, 20:54   Link #107
Krono

Quote:
(I remember we had that big debate at the time about how some thought it was unrealistic for SAO/ALO data to be so "compatible". I wonder why I never thought about the captives back then? Actually, I guess maybe I didn't know about it at that point.)
Yeah, clarification on the captive status of Asuna and the others came an episode or two later after Kirito had logged in to discover the glitch. Which made bringing up that the game had been specifically designed to transfer players still using the SAO client to it difficult to do without spoiling things. By the time that fully came up in an episode, the argument over compatibility had been mostly settled.
Old 2012-12-09, 23:17   Link #108
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
And Recon.....most fail self-sacrifice I've seen in a while. At least it got him out of the picture.
And here I thought nobody could treat Recon more coldly than Suguha does.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 23:19   Link #109
Insane
Banned

I'm utterly surprised that the purpose of entire raid armies was to ensure Leefa's safety so that she could loan her sword to Kirito in order to him executing his drill-like finishing move.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 23:31   Link #110
dark998

Not as good as the previous one but still it was nice that Kirito and Suguha patched up things quite fast. The battle could have been better, it had too much recycled footage (unusual in SAO).
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 23:35   Link #111
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
I'm utterly surprised that the purpose of entire raid armies was to ensure Leefa's safety so that she could loan her sword to Kirito in order to him executing his drill-like finishing move.
Well, their intent was to break through. The effort required to get just Kirito through made it pretty obvious that they were unlikely to break through themselves, and more likely to take heavy losses and/or get wiped out if they tried. At that point it makes sense to retreat, rather than get wiped and lose all their shine new expensive gear.
Old 2012-12-09, 23:38   Link #112
relentlessflame

*Administrator

(Edit: beaten by a few minutes, but anyway...)

Quote:
Well, the purpose of raiding the tree in the first place was to see if it was possible to beat the quest and ascend the tree. When it became clear that the enemies themselves were unbeatable, the objective just because to provide enough support so that Kirito could break through. They said they were in their debt after all.

It just goes to point to the point you said in your previous post about the unfairness of the quest being unbeatable. No matter how many armies they assembled, it could never be beaten. Finding a way to get someone through was the best they could do, and even then the door was locked. So yeah.

The "drill-like finishing move" is just clearing the path, but he couldn't do that without everyone else thinning the horde. So it took all of them working together just to get one single person through. That's just how unfair that quest was.
Old 2012-12-09, 23:56   Link #113
Insane
Banned

Ya~ But seeing Kirito managed to grind so many troops with a single drill-like finishing move, he should have just pulled it off from the start (when the troops number are still few), no need to wait for the alliance's help. And the sudden intruding of alliance forces which felt very . . . forced. And is was totally facepalmed seeing how fast Kirito and suguha made peace as if all those tear-jerking drama on the previous ep mean nothing. How should i put it, while watching this eps i got a feeling of playing jigsaw puzzle where several pieces have no places at all.
Old 2012-12-10, 00:07   Link #114
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
. Finding a way to get someone through was the best they could do, and even then the door was locked. So yeah.
The bad thing is that after that stunt and the lock door.. another horde is waiting or rather on guard...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 00:31   Link #115
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Ya~ But seeing Kirito managed to grind so many troops with a single drill-like finishing move, he should have just pulled it off from the start (when the troops number are still few), no need to wait for the alliance's help.
No because he couldn't even get that close to the end on his own. It's only because a) he was being healed, b) people were stealing aggro, c) he was able to get high enough to clear enough of the last wave to break through. He couldn't have just drilled his way through to the top to start with.

Quote:
And is was totally facepalmed seeing how fast Kirito and suguha made peace as if all those tear-jerking drama on the previous ep mean nothing.
Well, Suguha doesn't really want Kazuto to hate her or to avoid her again. She thought she said something terrible to him that could really cause him to close the proverbial door to her again (like he did in the past) and so when he kept the door open for her ("I'll be waiting for you"), she knew she needed to gather herself and take the step. I suppose they could have had more time elapse, but she knows he's also in a hurry. All those "tear-jerking drama" definitely weren't for nothing -- it's because of all that that they're able to start the reconciliation.

So, I don't know... I thought it made sense as far as it goes.
Old 2012-12-10, 02:35   Link #116
Swordstriker21
Oshite mairu!!!

Well about the "Shining Giga Drill Breaker" Kirito pulled off in the end...

Spoiler for Novel Comparison:
Old 2012-12-10, 04:52   Link #117
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordstriker21 View Post
Well about the "Shining Giga Drill Breaker" Kirito pulled off in the end...

Spoiler for Novel Comparison:
That means the studio was lazy as shit to animate such scene and simply went ahead with that "Shining Giga Drill Breaker", huh?
Old 2012-12-10, 05:07   Link #118
The Green One

Self Destruct Magic. The ultimate rage quit.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 06:01   Link #119
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

^I would like to know what the supposed "harsh" penalties relating to self-destruct are. According to Sugu, it's pretty bad.
Old 2012-12-10, 06:11   Link #120
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
^I would like to know what the supposed "harsh" penalties relating to self-destruct are. According to Sugu, it's pretty bad.
Think of the bright side. The anime shows that suicide is serious offense.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote