Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Here's why.
Old 2009-12-17, 02:43   Link #3382
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Strangely I didn't think Wikipedia , anyhow thanks.
Old 2009-12-17, 03:44   Link #3383
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanOver9000 View Post
so I can put it after everything desu
lol!
oh crap sorry, i meant to be
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-17, 10:36   Link #3384
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
I have a question concerning a song and Wong fei hung
Don't know if this is just my imagination or not but I was watching (am watching) Magnificent Butcher from 1979 and wong fei hung is in it now what caught my ear was the music used because it sounds a lot like the themesong from Once upon a time in China (1991)
Is that song/tune something that is associated with wong fei hung in older movies also? or simply coincidence (cause I thought it would only be part of Once upon --- in China)
I haven't seen it yet in other older hung gar movies, I just started watching some but just curious that's all
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 10:51   Link #3385
Tiberium Wolf

It seems EuroStar trains broke down coz of the temperature outside being cold and in the inside of tunnel being hot. Why?
Old 2009-12-19, 11:43   Link #3386
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
It seems EuroStar trains broke down coz of the temperature outside being cold and in the inside of tunnel being hot. Why?
wild guess, the cold wind doesn't get to the inside of the tunnel
but trains here broke cause the switches were frozen solid, you sure it isn't just that?
Old 2009-12-19, 12:03   Link #3387
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
It might be due to the temperature differential. The sudden change in temperature can cause a number of problems to electrical / mechanical systems.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-19, 12:04   Link #3388
SuperSaiyanOver9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansalem View Post
It's a copula, so no, and please don't.
its the net I can anyway

but I shant only one thing gets to do that
SuperSaiyanOver9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-20, 04:22   Link #3389
Tiberium Wolf

Some other news says it coz of condensation when the trains going from cold to warm enviroment (entering the tunnel probably from france).
Old 2009-12-25, 07:35   Link #3390
BASS in SPACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
I have a question concerning a song and Wong fei hung
Don't know if this is just my imagination or not but I was watching (am watching) Magnificent Butcher from 1979 and wong fei hung is in it now what caught my ear was the music used because it sounds a lot like the themesong from Once upon a time in China (1991)
Is that song/tune something that is associated with wong fei hung in older movies also? or simply coincidence (cause I thought it would only be part of Once upon --- in China)
I haven't seen it yet in other older hung gar movies, I just started watching some but just curious that's all
Now this is going to be a very flimsy answer, but from what i read on some youtube comment, the song from Once Upon a Time in China (English title: A Man of Determination) was originally used for military drills. So i am guessing that the version in the Magnificent Butcher and the one in OUTC are 2 different adaptations of the same song. The lyrics for the version in OUTC were written by James Wong, and sung by George Lam for the movie though. That much I know. As for the rest, it is merely surmise.
BASS in SPACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 16:47   Link #3391
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BASS in SPACE View Post
Now this is going to be a very flimsy answer, but from what i read on some youtube comment, the song from Once Upon a Time in China (English title: A Man of Determination) was originally used for military drills. So i am guessing that the version in the Magnificent Butcher and the one in OUTC are 2 different adaptations of the same song. The lyrics for the version in OUTC were written by James Wong, and sung by George Lam for the movie though. That much I know. As for the rest, it is merely surmise.
whow, that at least gives me some leads to look for =)
Thank you very VERY much X3
Old 2009-12-27, 04:41   Link #3392
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Was is the average price for a haircut (dudes) in the U.S.?

I ask because of an american movie I was watching, where the barber charges 20 bucks for a simple haircut!

I mean WTF!? 20 bucks just for that! o_0
Old 2009-12-27, 04:48   Link #3393
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Was is the average price for a haircut (dudes) in the U.S.?

I ask because of an american movie I was watching, where the barber charges 20 bucks for a simple haircut!

I mean WTF!? 20 bucks just for that! o_0
Dunno about the U.S. but in the U.K a couple of local barbers charge 11-12 UKP for a basic haircut (that's $18-$19).
Old 2009-12-27, 04:59   Link #3394
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Dunno about the U.S. but in the U.K a couple of local barbers charge 11-12 UKP for a basic haircut (that's $18-$19).
Hell, that's pretty damn expensive, IMHO.

Over here, it is actually easy to find places that will do it for 60 pesos (current exchange rate = 4.67337 US Dólar). With a bit of extra cash (80 - 90 pesos) you can pretty much get a simple haircut anywhere in my city.
Old 2009-12-27, 05:01   Link #3395
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It varies wildly depending on whether you use a traditional barber, a chain store of hair styling (e.g. Great Clips) or an upscale hair salon.

My needs are simple so I usually go for the intermediate ($10-$20) levels for the hair washing and head massage - bonus points if from a pretty girl.

Last edited by Vexx; 2010-01-05 at 13:45.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-27, 05:18   Link #3396
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
My needs are simple so I usually go for the intermediate ($10-$20) levels for the hair washing and head massage - bonus points if from a pretty girl.
The prices I gave are for a traditional barber at a small village or town highstreet, nothing fancy, not what I would call a "hair salon". And it doens't include washing the hair or any head fondling.

Ah, I remember when I were lad, you could get a haircut for.... can't remember really but I'm sure prices have risen a lot over the years.
Old 2009-12-27, 06:16   Link #3397
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
It varies wildly depending on whether you use a traditional barber, a chain store of hair styling (e.g. Great Clips) are an upscale hair salon.
Hmmmm, Can't say I have been in all the fancy places around here. However, anyone asking more than 150 pesos for a haircut here is obviously leaving out a lot of people as potential costumers.

And as xris mentions below......

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
The prices I gave are for a traditional barber at a small village or town highstreet, nothing fancy, not what I would call a "hair salon". And it doens't include washing the hair or any head fondling.

Ah, I remember when I were lad, you could get a haircut for.... can't remember really but I'm sure prices have risen a lot over the years.
The prices I gave only include the haircut itself in most places. Anything extra such as washing and/or massage are not included.
Old 2009-12-27, 13:18   Link #3398
Ansalem
Speaker

I'd agree that it's generally pretty pricey. ~$15 for just a haircut at a barbers is the standard in places I've seen. At a hair salon, anything $30+ is normal, though that also includes the shampooing mentioned earlier. Also, you're supposed to tip.
Old 2009-12-27, 14:49   Link #3399
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
I think Supercuts is $14 dollars. The barber I typically use is $12 and another was also $12 if I recall correctly.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-28, 12:53   Link #3400
Knight Hawk
Lurker

Yep $10~15 around these parts for a simple haircut, little less if your going for a "shape up". It also depends on the barbers price, since iv noticed in the same shop each barber has his own price-- bonus points if you happen to be his friend, pay less (This is in Jackson heights, parts of Brooklyn and the Bronx)

Now if you go to say Flushing, getting close to K-Town the price goes up since its a bit more fancy/more service. (Eye candy as well! korean womanz ) Never took a haircut in Manhattan, bet it's damn pricey.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious