AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-08-04, 04:04   Link #2261
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Coincidentally, I know a few Korean guys online. Reaction? No offense.

Also, Winter Sonata being gigantically popular is more a Taiwanese/Japanese phenomena. So it was kinda like the mangaka ripping into a popular Japanese trope.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 04:31   Link #2262
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekureiru View Post
This is quite possibly the most brilliant thread I've ever read for a series.
It's because the series is just THAT GOOD.

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2010-08-04 at 09:55. Reason: show is licensed do no discuss subs
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 04:51   Link #2263
JediNight
キズランダム

Ironically enough it's sometimes BECAUSE they are paid that the quality is less. And strict deadlines. CR doesn't really pay a whole ton per episode ... and when you split that up amongst the 3-4 people working on each episode it's even less. Then slap deadlines of 24-48hrs sometimes on even getting the raw before it needs to be streamed and yeah...
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 04:53   Link #2264
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah, sadly they are pressed on time and budgeted.. That said, it's still very serviceable IMO. Mainly because this is not the kind of show that really needs that level of translation precision.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 04:53   Link #2265
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Oh, god, next week's will be the best episode ever. Saeko...... then Rei..... in the same span of 24 minutes....
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 06:07   Link #2266
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Oh, god, next week's will be the best episode ever. Saeko...... then Rei..... in the same span of 24 minutes....
Don't forget the AR-10.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 06:18   Link #2267
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

If Hirano got THAT excited over a small pistol......*shudders*
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 06:43   Link #2268
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
If Hirano got THAT excited over a small pistol......*shudders*
imagine his reaction when he will see what the hell is inside sensei's friend's house....
Old 2010-08-04, 08:12   Link #2269
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
You really love that Doujin
Hell Yeah of course!

Some of that booty

Spoiler for NSFW:

This is the one your really wanna snipe with your gun.
Old 2010-08-04, 09:04   Link #2270
Shiinaa

where can i find HOTD pictures
Shiinaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 09:06   Link #2271
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

To that Saeko pic of heaven, this is what I'd do. Clickie on link to find out! Na-mu...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVPq1...layer_embedded
Pocky Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 09:26   Link #2272
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
I wish I had attended your schools. I was pushed into fights every single year, from middle school, all through high school. The Teachers didn't GAF who started it, you were to be punished just as much as the bully himself. Best way to deal with bullies I found out, was to kick their asses. Once you beat them down, they would leave you alone. The more you acted like a pussy and took their abuse, the more they'd dish it out to you. I could never in my life, recommend the victim of bullies not defend themselves. My first piece of advice would be to take up a martial art or fight style, and use it to defend yourself.
Didn't work for me. They have a "summon crony" ability to gang up on you if they lost a fight : my broken shoulder is a testament to that.

The only effective way is to remove them from existence permanently - and anyone who complains about their deaths too. Stalin didn't quote "No man, no problem" flippantly - it is an issue of logic vs "humantarian", which like, in the real world, akin to how politics and bureaucracy ACTUALLY works.

You got the first part correct though : for teachers, it is a self-preservation issue - they have to protect their jobs and payouts. The student's future is of no concern to them because they are not the former's children.

Fortunately education systems are improving. They expanded secondary school chemistry to include ketones and aldehydes instead of just plain alkanes, alkenes, alcohols and carboxylic acids at that level. Won't take long for a knowledge seeking bully victim at the age of 14 to figure out what the oxisidation of acetone with sulphuric acid as a catalyst can do - we just have to hope that his/her parents know what credit cards and industrial grade chemicals are.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 09:45   Link #2273
carcanclaw
Kitty?

I actually think Shido was pretty funny this episode. I can't hate him too much, because he's like the lovechild of Ishida from Bleach and Excalibur from Soul Eater.

Oh, and the boobies and panty shots totally take the intensity away from a lot of the cool scenes. Even Saeko is getting them more often now. Why do you not care about the non-pervy female viewership, HOTD, why?? lol
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 09:54   Link #2274
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Shido is funny, he still reminds me of Mukuro a bit. I did love that highway the bus is stuck on is 666, nice touch.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 10:04   Link #2275
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
In the case of the new episode, it was interesting to see Kidotai forces use their anti-riot shields and batons to strike down at the zombies. I haven't seen this in other zombie flicks.

Of course, this probably won't last.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 10:21   Link #2276
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Two words...Phoebe Prince

Then there's cyberbullying and another US incident, Megan Meier.
You must take into account social differences between countries in how teachers perform. You can easily find lots of cases of students either killing themselves in Japan over bullying or take violent action when they snap. In most of these cases teachers knew about the problem but did not act. There was a case recently where a girl cut several students with knife because she was being bullied. Her homeroom teacher said she thought it was just youthful fun. There was another case where one of the imperial princesses was bullied at school.

How a Japanese teacher and say an American teacher will act towards a problem will always differ because of cultural differences.

Last edited by Sinestra; 2010-08-04 at 11:44.
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 10:36   Link #2277
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
In the case of the new episode, it was interesting to see Kidotai forces use their anti-riot shields and batons to strike down at the zombies. I haven't seen this in other zombie flicks.

Of course, this probably won't last.

I have to admit, that was a nice touch too. I also do not recall ever seeing a scene like that in a zombie movie. Still, it's nice to see humanity isn't going down quietly en mass, and that the world hasn't truly ended yet for civilization(even though it's going down that toilet bowl as we speak).
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-04, 10:54   Link #2278
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Hell Yeah of course!

Some of that booty

Spoiler for NSFW:

heh... my shotgun will do that nice round target.... hehehe
Old 2010-08-04, 11:45   Link #2279
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
heh... my shotgun will do that nice round target.... hehehe
forget short controlled burst with that pick id go full metal jacket.
Old 2010-08-04, 12:28   Link #2280
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Hell Yeah of course!

Some of that booty

Spoiler for NSFW:

oh god , i won't miss my shot here

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Shido is funny, he still reminds me of Mukuro a bit. I did love that highway the bus is stuck on is 666, nice touch.
Eeh ? hmmmm ... i'm thinking about it but still can't find a similitary .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse