AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-06, 11:52   Link #401
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
This is quite a herculean task. I know because I have come up with those posts about how my OCs, until the last five ones, could interact with most of them. Keyword being most, =/= all.
Old 2011-06-06, 12:04   Link #402
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

It's okay. Everyone's forgotten the Butei Masters I posted.
Old 2011-06-06, 12:07   Link #403
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempy View Post
You meant Coach and D-Boy? I have not forgotten them. And also the three sisters.
Old 2011-06-06, 12:40   Link #404
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

I'd swear that Rachel and Michelle were in that list. I did take note of em... must've gotten lost in the copy/pasting endeavors.

Also, noted about Derek.

Gonna edit and add em to the list... a little snippet that came up in my mind, between Lucie (the half dragon girl) and Derek

Spoiler for Dragons and Crocodiles:

And thus starts my concoction for a new SSR student... YES.

-------------------

So, still no love for vamps goose? XD Even dracula daughter's popped in now...

My Logi guy is gonna to try to be a badass normal... all while being the descendant of a WWII Tank Ace... (King Tigers airdropped in Tokyo anyone?)

Whoo... lots of stuff to do...

Quote:
One hasn't read my posts carefully...
They haven't been forgotten Tempy.

Last edited by Terminator98; 2011-06-06 at 13:41. Reason: Orthograph Nuking
Old 2011-06-06, 12:55   Link #405
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

You put them down as cameos. That's as much as they've amounted so far.
Old 2011-06-06, 12:59   Link #406
Terminator98
*Author

yes, but in no way are they forgotten.

Actually, the cameo thing might be more reserved to the serious teachers. D-Boy might actually be one of the recurring teachers of class 2-B... cause I just re-read his profile, and I prefer him over the two others (who are closer to real drill instructors, but yeah... )
Old 2011-06-06, 13:38   Link #407
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
*sees that his rather mediocre list is also being ignored as well*

oh well, as expected as always

*goes back to thinking*
Old 2011-06-06, 13:40   Link #408
Terminator98
*Author

Saint X... I'm tired of browsing through 400+ posts... link to em OCs plz?

P.S: Added a few people to the list... added the Dragon Girl's name... soon to add the other CVR girls...
Old 2011-06-06, 14:47   Link #409
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Support character - Green-Eyed Tall Dark Bishoujo from an Unusual Ground

Spoiler for portrait:

Name: Yasmin bint Muhammad bin Kareem Saif, just shortened to Yasmin Saif beyond her family or people of her ethnicity.
(theorical) VA: Yuko Goto (Junko Kaname's voice range)
Nationality: Brazilian (of Egyptian immigrants)
Class: 2nd Year
Butei Rank: B (close to reach A)
Ancestor: Nobody of note
Department: Lezzad (Assault elective)
Bloodline Ability: None
Weapon: Taurus PT92, FAMAS and recon 1 combat folding knife.
Friends: Naoko Kazami, Yves Brunet, Kaede Fujita and Nene Otonashi. And Sanae Noriaki (acquaintance and troll for hire).

Character Quotes:

"My brother transfered me here because he thought that I would be safer. Honestly, I think that it is the equivalent of forcing me in easy mode."

Background:
Spoiler:

Personality:
Spoiler:

Ability:
None

Style:
Yasmin is a combat pragmatist, she is the kind to bring a knife in a brawl and a gun in a knife fight. At long and middle range, she will just resort to shoot to disable, at close range, she will get her knife out and fight "dirty". Like Fio, hitting where it hurts, throwing dirt in the eyes and emptying the content of a fire extinguisher in the face, i.e, are perfectly valid options for her. She can be accused to be "non elegant" and "not having a sense of aesthetic" but she just don't care. This is the result of close combat training under the harsh teaching of her former-BOPE brother.

Trivia
Spoiler:

Author's note

Another odd OC idea of mine. I wanted to base a character on Ziva David, but on the other side of the Gaza stripe, meaning muslim instead of jewish. Firstly, I have wanted a descendant of Saladin, but for the same reason as Nene I scratched the idea and I am glad I did. The decision to make her a brazilian, from egyptian parents, have come from memories of the movie Tropa de Elite and a rewatch of City of God, also a couple of people recently talking about it. That unfortunate love story of hers have been made up as justification for her bitter, and rather unapproachable, self. Now, can I say I am satisfied with the result? sort of. I think I have reached my aim for her, without resorting to the special ancestor card.

No more OCs from me! I hope... Inspiration is such a fickle mistress.

Last edited by Sheba; 2011-06-06 at 16:37.
Old 2011-06-06, 18:53   Link #410
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
flintlock pistols and pirate-style sabres?
Ayari/Kanari. Descendants of pirates, daughters of the Yakuza families, R&J style.

Reisen became their impromptu guardian after doing "pre-emptive protection" for the girls (i.e killing their would-be assassins) while Karla feeds them. So much for being "irresponsible".

Reisen : No, I am doing my job of taking care of them; by surreptitiously removing those poor bastards from existence. I have been overpaid a good lump sum, my disappearance was arranged for, and I did my job waxing most of them, therefore I don't see the need to plan for the girls' future well-being.

Karla : At least help me out! One of them is a reckless adventurer, while the other is an otaku! How can I even set them on the right course in their life?

Reisen : It's still not my problem.

Quote:
Handcannon?
Desert Eagle .50AE. The action express rounds should open up holes real nice in Aramid plates.

Add a 10-inch barrel and you get Leon S. Kennedy's signature anti-boss weapon.

Quote:
I need a better idea here...
You could go with the Jericho 941 .41AE, or the Barak SP21.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-06, 19:34   Link #411
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Kha... DRAGONS? REALLY?
NO DRAGONS. I mean, REALLY.

The 'dragon' Noland knocked up? That was a nickname that referred to the "Palmtop Dragon", a fiery girl from the previous generation of Butei, in the early 1980s. The whole Ascalon legend was taken lock stock and barrel from Saint George and the Dragon, with a lot of Kamachi spice added. And that last bit about Reign of Fire is just for lolz; me and Chaos loved to do our 2 man crack smoking since our days back in Nanoha OC.

Don't panic! Its just all useless vaporware.

Quote:
I think that this is a bit too far fetched for Aria... especially seeing that your X-Man team has already gone quite far into breaking the limits... XD
This is where I must insert the compulsory comment: You're the 3rd last person I want to hear this from!

I accept your impression still. When I started Aria I had no idea what I wanted to do. So I went ahead with The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, which was inspired by all the descendents of historic characters in canon. By focusing on SSR, I began with my version of Jenne (Athra Pendragon Nakamura), my version of Shirayuki (Chrysanthe Spyridoula Cleopatra CMLXXXIII), sprinkle with werewolf-pirate, then a valkyrja, a super-soldier thrown in, some magick...

It was while researching Arthurian legend did a story actually begin to form. That led to all the brohaha about the Nameless Sword, unsealing it by fulfilling the conditions, which involved forming a giant team and gunning for class rep. It led to the elevation of Jim Bean to protagonist status, and the creation of Adara Lancelot Reiniger to complete the setting of a tragic romance.

At the same time, the thread became so much more florid, with characters and active members everywhere. Even teachers! It was a surprise; I created Prof Chen Fong Xie to be homeroom teacher, but soon after that I felt someone else would do a better job. I threw out Quade, too many Assault, so see ya Deadpool! Morrigan Aensland's descendent got fired; I had so many CVRs to employ I simply didn't need her. Jim became Lezzad instead of Inquesta, being the spy he is. And Mr Stark is facing retrenchment too.

Lastly, I was reminded of a comment I made about Aria back when it was still a 1-thread thing: weapons emphasis. Guns and ancient relics were center stage. That has shifted my emphasis of character background and plot-driving. Right now, I'm in closed beta testing of the 8 girls + 1, rebalancing to the levels I see in Shirayuki VS Jeanne. And I'm going through that list you made, and its helping me put my thoughts into perspective.

All this means that most of the early profiles posted are already obsolete by 3-4 versions. What you see will not be what you get. So before you write them off, watch this space.

Quote:
However... I've been thinking of a Dragon Type OC in SSR... she would complete the team perfectly. I'm basing her on Fire Emblem types of Dragon-Humans... for further details:

Manaketes

She could very well be a member of the X-Butei... seeing her special abilities. In fact, my whole OC fast should be somewhere in a place that is related to X-Butei, seeing that they're all SSR related (save two, which are normals, but seeing that they're part of the team...). Of course Meister, that's in your fic, so feel free.

On my own side though... she'll mainly be human most of the time... dragon powers are... FORBIDDEN. (Unless all your friends are about to get killed).
I see... I actually lumped her with Kyousuke in my head, forming a 2nd squad capable of SSR missions. More comments when I have time......... >.<

Quote:
And now... this is most probable what's gonna be class 2-B In Tokyo Butei High.

Ok... so far for my plans of class B...

It is split into teams... yes, I came up with a fictional one. The class in itself is pretty tightly knit, and they tend to help each other pretty often. And have a good sense of solidarity

Teachers: Cannon Ones. Also, Doc, Coach and D.Boy might make a cameo or two. Actually, D.Boy will be more than cameos I think... I like his character.

---Alexandra's team / Kyousuke's harem---
Yamato Kyousuke (Assault)
Yamato V.H Alexandra (Repier/Inquesta)
Gabriel Michaelis (Dagula/Lezzad)
Miyamoto Yui (Connect)
Azai Asuka (Assault/Medica)
Adolph Whitman (Logi/Amdo)
Hisako Lucie (SSR/CVR)

---Minato and his Harem---
Minato Arisato (Dagula)
Saito (Informa)
Ryoushi (Snipe)
Fuyumi Raimei (Assault)
Ada (CVR)
Siesta (SSR)

---The Virgins of... Justice?---
Aila W. Cairns (Assault)
Elise Kujou (Inquesta)
Kyoukou Z. Akechi (Inquesta/Amdo)
Alice V. Primrose (Informa)
Tomomi Okamura (Snipe)

---The Guy that Jumps from Group to Group---
Jin Yamazaki (SSR)

---J.Davis SWAT Assault Team---
Jon. W Davis (Assault)
Rachel Lee Wei Ying (Assault)
Michelle H. "Meat" Winters (Assault)
Yukio “Derek” Yamakawa (Logi)

---Preston and his female suite---
Kirsten Vikernes (Assault)
Preston Lee Whitworth (Medica)
Amélie D'Artagnan (Inquista)
Fiorenza Diotallevi (Logi)
Sanae Noriaki (Amdo)

---The Moe Trinity---
Svetlana Dragovic (Snipe)
Naoko Kazami (Connect)
Erin Dee Kirishima (Informa)

---Inspector Adrian and co.---
Adrian Fletcher (Inquesta)
Viktor Hauptman (Assault)
Charlotte Johnson (Logi)
Kou Kusanagi (Connect)
The current version, Jim Bean is a freelance Butei who used to have more time on his hand but lately gets dragged off by Athra a lot. He has refused time and again to join her Round Table, because he prefers to cherrypick interesting contracts from other Butei. Like Jin, he is colorless, and moves from group to group, working across classes as well. Besides the licence to chill, Bean is a hopeless normal that gets the job done by the skin of his teeth.

I suppose he goes into that other mobile guy category. Full details when his overhaul is complete.

Quote:
CONCERNING THE X-BUTEI: They're just class 2-C in my own fic... Having that professor thing and all that magical thingie is too much... they'll be there for comic relief (maybe some plot can be gotten from em though... they're SSR after all)
For the most part, the X-Butei are a self-contained group with their own plot and progress. And I understand that too; Choutei should deal with choutei after all. The X-Butei is my medium to go full on into Supernatural Searching Research, and you see that in their plot arcs. Every time its about Something Strange in the Neighbourhood, or else its a sequel to Arthurian legend. So while their level of OPness is being reduced, the theme of seeking the paranormal will not. That alone will alienate them, which is a theme that they struggle with metafictionally. Even freaks want to have friends.

I don't mind if you can't use them. The only contradiction here is that I tried to put them, your characters, chaos and sheba's into 1 class, and ran out of space. My planned class roster would eventually look just like yours, + Jim and Nemo, + the X-Butei, + Ookami Ryou and Akari Aoko to Minato's team, dropping the inactive characters to "recurring from other classes." I called the class A Certain Butei Class to avoid getting canon-fired, but that's my preference for this world.

So yeah, watch this space. If nothing changes then, I'll just keep on sandboxing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I apologize for not reviewing the latest characters; I have exams due and I can't find the time to do it properly beyond scanning...

After thursday, be ready for a BACKLOG BREAKER. And of course, the open beta release of Athra of the Blue Lake!
Old 2011-06-06, 21:52   Link #412
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Listing my characters :

Ayari/Kanari Unamichi (SSR-Assault / SSR-Lezzard)

Karla Bidan/Reisen (Logi / ex-Dagula)

Meikyo (CVR)

Alicia Capone (CVR)

Reyvateil Rivia Tchaikovsky (Medica)

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-06-07, 01:02   Link #413
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm an idiot! I'm such an idiot!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Iyaa~ In the first place, do you even have a character that can singlehandedly wield a 3.5m long, 200kg chunk of steel
Who's the muscles of the team? Who's the monstrous loli? Who's the one said to flip tanks and chase cheetahs? And who's the one missing a weapon?!

SUZUMENO MANAMI.

Because it is lol that a 145cm girl can lug around a blade 5 times her mass and 2.5 times her height--

*is staring down the business end of Ascalon*

--I mean a 225cm transformed wolfgirl can handle the Ascalon easily, and represents her dominion over supernatural creatures... Now... Put that away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Desert Eagle .50AE. The action express rounds should open up holes real nice in Aramid plates.

Add a 10-inch barrel and you get Leon S. Kennedy's signature anti-boss weapon.
This will be Manami's compulsory handgun then, for when Ascalon is just overkill.

Quote:
Ayari/Kanari. Descendants of pirates, daughters of the Yakuza families, R&J style.
Also, contracted as crew for Manami.

Quote:
Gonna edit and add em to the list... a little snippet that came up in my mind, between Lucie (the half dragon girl) and Derek

Spoiler for Dragons and Crocodiles:

And thus starts my concoction for a new SSR student... YES.
Manami and her are going to be great friends. At least much more than a certain vampire, now that I've dropped vampire-pirates from my line-up, there's nothing to mitigate Suzumeno's nose for bloodsuckers.

~~~~~~

So, after this post of green doggie loving (), the last bit of weirdness from smoking Chaos crack comes to pass, thankfully.

Let's. Get. Serious.
Old 2011-06-07, 06:03   Link #414
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
This will be Manami's
Actually that gun is still an overkill with the round it fires. At close to 2kJ of energy, chances of inducing a hydrostatic shock would be quite high.

You could use the Jericho 941 for sizedown if it kicks like a bull. Or go with a standard Beretta, Browning or SIG pistol.

Old 2011-06-07, 09:00   Link #415
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Actually that gun is still an overkill with the round it fires. At close to 2kJ of energy, chances of inducing a hydrostatic shock would be quite high.

You could use the Jericho 941 for sizedown if it kicks like a bull. Or go with a standard Beretta, Browning or SIG pistol.
Problem with those other pistols is that they are a little small for werewolf hands.

XIX deagle with .50 rounds it is. Goes with the "compensating for size" pattern she has going for her (in her human form). She doesn't use it that often anyway.

Btw, Manami wears special stretchable uniform (like Stella from Bridge x Bridge) so that when she transforms she doesn't tear her clothes... Sorry to disappoint you perverts out there, no free Eclair show.

EDIT: You guys fail. We have so many snipe, but they all have the same personality (almost). Here was I looking for a cute female sniper who squeaks PEW with each shot and I find none!

EDIT2: I just had an idea. I'll genderbend and tame gunblade23's Snipe. Perfect.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-06-07 at 09:23.
Old 2011-06-07, 09:42   Link #416
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*facepalms*

Kha, the very nature of the work of sniping, requiring quiet intense focus, means that naturally genki and loudmouthed people do not gravitate to this job.

IRL Shifty Powers, best shot in Easy Company, was a quiet and humble fellow. Gordon and Shugart quietly and calmly went about their work and made their last stand with little fanfare, merely silent determination.

Even in fiction, we see that most snipers tend to be quiet professionals, not large ham hotblooded shouting blood knights. There are perhaps only 2 cheerful snipers that stand out to me: Kurz Weber, from Full Metal Panic, and Chuck Mckenzie,the No Celebrities Were Harmed expy of ranking Marine sniper Chuck Mawhinney, from Stephen Hunter's I, Sniper. Both were cheerful wisecracking snipers, and both knew when to drop the clown act when it was time to get serious. Mckenzie in particular spends the book appearing as a jocular, friendly fellow... and then in the climatic shootout drops 3 ex-SAS troopers without a word, all calm focus and skill.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-06-07, 09:55   Link #417
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

EDIT: You guys fail. We have so many snipe, but they all have the same personality (almost). Here was I looking for a cute female sniper who squeaks PEW with each shot and I find none!

EDIT2: I just had an idea. I'll genderbend and tame gunblade23's Snipe. Perfect.
My main character dislike cute sniper girls; arguing that they're the hardest to deal with
Old 2011-06-07, 09:58   Link #418
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Ah... Exactly why I think I should make one, to be different.

But, here's the update, after discussion, I decided to cast Lana as earlier decided (before I thot that the group needed an idiot). To compensate, I'll have Kujo troll the boys a little more. Like:

Elise: JIMUBIIN~~ TUTTURU~~
Jim: ...what are you after?
Elise: (Kuroneko Mode) I heard that's the kind of girl you're into.
Jim: Don't confuse me for that lolicon.
Nemo: I'm not a lolicon! I like women AND lolis!

And Lana is thankful the pay is good enough to put up with these goons. Of course, once Jim goes into Licenced to Chill mode, everything's serious.
Old 2011-06-07, 10:48   Link #419
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
*facepalms*

Kha, the very nature of the work of sniping, requiring quiet intense focus, means that naturally genki and loudmouthed people do not gravitate to this job.
Carlos Hathcock. Outside of focusing on the target, he would insult them. I read a book on sniper biography before and it isn't about character as people like to put it - it is about the ability to flow into the environment, like a musician. You could check out how he responds in the interview in Sniper : Inside the Crosshair - combined with the book it says alot about sniper myths and what kind of person he is.

Quote:

Actually it depends on what kind of sniper weapon we give the person. I have seen a sniper-trained NCO shouting and talking so freely, while his demolition trained deputy is so....quiet.

Old 2011-06-07, 13:31   Link #420
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Quote:
Carlos Hathcock. Outside of focusing on the target, he would insult them. I read a book on sniper biography before and it isn't about character as people like to put it - it is about the ability to flow into the environment, like a musician. You could check out how he responds in the interview in Sniper : Inside the Crosshair - combined with the book it says alot about sniper myths and what kind of person he is.

Actually it depends on what kind of sniper weapon we give the person. I have seen a sniper-trained NCO shouting and talking so freely, while his demolition trained deputy is so....quiet.
It's more a matter of common sense, ask yourself if your sniper is willing to give away her location to the target's homies because she felt like whistling Johnny Comes Marching Home. It's not that hard to think why sniper as a job is usually taken on by people able to keep it quiet during a mission, yes they can crack jokes, yes they can talk about the lastest Spiderman issue but when the time comes there is no room to go perky moé girl. This is why it is easier to compute Kirika Yumura and Mireille Bouquet as possibly taking on sniper job than Subaru Nakajima and Excel, godmamnit. I could nOT make Svetlana a genki moéball, because damn, she was an infant during the fucking Siege of Sarajevo, aka the closest thing to a sniper's wet dream in the last decades, she grew up in an area that had ethnic tension and was about to burst into a new conflict anytime. She had to toughen up a bit, and kept enough of girliness to not turns into a sociopath because that's the least I could do for her to avoid falling into the cold-blooded psychopathic sniper.
Closed Thread