AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-23, 13:05   Link #81
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAfr4EQNLNc
Old 2011-01-25, 14:59   Link #82
moncikoma

DYRL is the best animated macross ever....nothing comes close to it...
not even MF
moncikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-02, 01:23   Link #83
cutesherry
.:Sweet Dreamer:.

Somehow, all the talking about Macross Frontier's movies 1-2, the romance, the triangle and how everyone just kept on going back to MinmayxHikaruxMisa being the best 'in the end' urged me to re-watch, yet again, Do you Remember Love this morning ^^ (at 4am no less...)

Looking at it as 'someone watching an animated movie', making no comparison with the series, neither as a shipper of whatever pairing, it does feel 'unfair' for Minmay: she was in love and dating Hikaru, and after they were miraculously reunited after a month, expecting some romantic reencounter like "we made it out alive and are as much in love with each other as we were", she ends up instead faced with her love interest in the arm of another woman she knew nothing about, well, that was not very nice for her to say the least...

That said, there is no such thing as 'fairness' in love; and the fact is, Hikaru made his choice and he made it very clear, that even after seeing Minmay again or hearing her songs, still, the one he wished to spend the rest of his life with was Misa, that was SO aaawwww!!! >///<
In the movie, Hikaru's feeling for Minmay feels more like infatuation or a crush than Love: he was a big fan of hers, they found themselves in a peculiar situation which made them closer for a few days or had an exciting date, like an escape from their respective lives or something? On the other side, he spend a whole month with Misa (which is a plus for her, they got to know each other better for a longer time and, I mean, they were like together 24/7 all on their own ^^; ) and Hikaru ended up recognizing her as 'the real deal' in the end I suppose...
Still, the Hikaru who had a crush for the big star Minmay was also very endearing, he grew up from their relationship. The Hikaru who is in love with Misa is more adult and mature.

..::CuteSherry LJ
...♥...CuteSherry MTokyo...♥...CuteSherry APaper...♥...CuteSherry dART::..
~I Seek Peace in my Dreams~
cutesherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 12:03   Link #84
t.miller

I'm board and tried of waiting on Macross Frontier 2nd Movie: Sayonara no Tsubasa to be subbed. So I have been looking for everything Macross and i read something about Macross DYRL. To re hash the megaroad 01 discussion. I am pretty sure in one of the shows not quite sure which one said that the 1st long-distance colonization fleet was suppose to heard directly to the galactic center. Which make the old previous post about the direction of the 1st long distance colonization fleet with the megaroad 01 in it interesting due to the megaroad 01 course as shown in the beginning of frontier. Any speculation as to the sporadic course changes?

But back to my reason for posting. I read that in the DYRL game that was made in the 90's for the ps1 the was an extra that came out with only the first releases. Gamers got a music card similar to the one Misa Hayasein found in DYRL. On it Mari Iijima (voice of Lynn Minmay) gave new audio dialogue. Which was suppose to be the last known message from Minmay. In it she she is suppose to say that they had discovered a black hole at the center of the galaxy and were going to investigate (in reality it is believed that most if not all galaxies have supermassive black holes at there center). I am wondering does anyone have this audio? I have been unable to locate it. I wondering what it exactly says. How does it sound is it like a cloverfield walkie talke ending or something? Of course the Macross creator as always has to confuse things with the whole movie within a movie thing. Thus since the extra for the game was based on a historical dramatization DYRL the movie (The movie in the movie). It is not necessarily the actual fate of the megaroad 01 and all our favorite heros from the original. Yet why would that even be there? Wasn't DYRL suppose to be more or less a cover up movie as the disappearance of the megaroad 01 was suppose to be a secret? So if the creators wish to go that route it makes no logical sense to me why the new UN government would release that audio. To me it seems more or less a cop out as if they were trying to say that isn't what happened as long as they still make money from the franchise (possibility of a megaroad 01 apperence in future productions), if not they can call it part of the macross cannon. Assuming the megaroad 01 did indeed investigate a black hole possibly a star trek voyager type accident may have occurred in which the 1st long-distance colonization fleet was sucked in and transported somehow to places unknown. Possibly another galaxy or even to far reaches of the universe or the fleet could have been completely destroyed. Perhaps a future series of some sort of the megaroad 01 on a journey back home or at least to the milky way. Maybe not due to Hikaru Ichijyo's vocie actors death. Any opinions and if someone has or at least has heard this extra audio enlighten me please!
t.miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 13:42   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Can you say DYRL Hybrid Pack?

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...-pack-detailed

This will be an instant preorder once it's up on cdjapan.
Old 2012-03-21, 14:03   Link #86
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

If it had English subtitles, I'd get it.

Am I reading this right? The game and the movie are on the same disc??

The game looks cool. Playing while having Minmay sing in the back like that... that's awesome.
Old 2012-03-21, 15:57   Link #87
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Playing while having Minmay sing in the back like that... that's awesome.
Speaking as PSP player of the Frontier games, it sure is satisfying.

No subtitles won't stop me from making this purchase. DYRL on blu-ray is a dream come true.
Old 2012-03-21, 16:15   Link #88
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
If it had English subtitles, I'd get it.
Shame on you for not having the dialogue memorized!
Old 2012-03-21, 16:22   Link #89
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.miller View Post
I'm board and tried of waiting on Macross Frontier 2nd Movie: Sayonara no Tsubasa to be subbed. So I have been looking for everything Macross and i read something about Macross DYRL. To re hash the megaroad 01 discussion. I am pretty sure in one of the shows not quite sure which one said that the 1st long-distance colonization fleet was suppose to heard directly to the galactic center. Which make the old previous post about the direction of the 1st long distance colonization fleet with the megaroad 01 in it interesting due to the megaroad 01 course as shown in the beginning of frontier. Any speculation as to the sporadic course changes?

But back to my reason for posting. I read that in the DYRL game that was made in the 90's for the ps1 the was an extra that came out with only the first releases. Gamers got a music card similar to the one Misa Hayasein found in DYRL. On it Mari Iijima (voice of Lynn Minmay) gave new audio dialogue. Which was suppose to be the last known message from Minmay. In it she she is suppose to say that they had discovered a black hole at the center of the galaxy and were going to investigate (in reality it is believed that most if not all galaxies have supermassive black holes at there center). I am wondering does anyone have this audio? I have been unable to locate it. I wondering what it exactly says. How does it sound is it like a cloverfield walkie talke ending or something? Of course the Macross creator as always has to confuse things with the whole movie within a movie thing. Thus since the extra for the game was based on a historical dramatization DYRL the movie (The movie in the movie). It is not necessarily the actual fate of the megaroad 01 and all our favorite heros from the original. Yet why would that even be there? Wasn't DYRL suppose to be more or less a cover up movie as the disappearance of the megaroad 01 was suppose to be a secret? So if the creators wish to go that route it makes no logical sense to me why the new UN government would release that audio. To me it seems more or less a cop out as if they were trying to say that isn't what happened as long as they still make money from the franchise (possibility of a megaroad 01 apperence in future productions), if not they can call it part of the macross cannon. Assuming the megaroad 01 did indeed investigate a black hole possibly a star trek voyager type accident may have occurred in which the 1st long-distance colonization fleet was sucked in and transported somehow to places unknown. Possibly another galaxy or even to far reaches of the universe or the fleet could have been completely destroyed. Perhaps a future series of some sort of the megaroad 01 on a journey back home or at least to the milky way. Maybe not due to Hikaru Ichijyo's vocie actors death. Any opinions and if someone has or at least has heard this extra audio enlighten me please!
Paragraphs are your best friend
in the Macross universe the DYRL movie was film in Macross 7 and staring Basara and Mylene as Hikaru and Minmey. So the movie itself is non-canon, it is a in-universe interpretation of what happen during the first space war.
Old 2012-03-21, 17:01   Link #90
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^& that post is over 5 months old.
Old 2012-03-21, 19:02   Link #91
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

OMFG!!!!! Subtitles be damned, I'm buying this Hybrid Pack, as well.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 21:55   Link #92
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

DYRL = no questions asked...instant purchase.

Waiting on that link from Amiami.
Old 2012-03-22, 11:01   Link #93
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Preorders for the DYRL Hybrid Pack are open at AmiAmi.

I can think of no better way to honor Ishiguro's passing.

Regular Edition:
AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | PS3 The Super Dimension Fortress Macross -Ai Oboete Imasuka- Hybrid Pack [Regular Edition](Preorder)

Limited Edition:
AmiAmi [Character & Hobby Shop] | PS3 The Super Dimension Fortress Macross -Ai Oboete Imasuka- Hybrid Pack [First Release Limited Edition] 30th Anniversary Box(Preorder)
Old 2012-03-22, 16:21   Link #94
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoy78 View Post
I can think of no better way to honor Ishiguro's passing.
Same here. I just hope the preorder appears on CDJapan soon.
Old 2012-03-30, 21:34   Link #95
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

http://www.macross30.com/1stmovie/anniversarybox/

Old 2012-03-30, 22:08   Link #96
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I need a wallpaper sized version of that!
Old 2012-03-31, 06:56   Link #97
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Just you?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-19, 11:36   Link #98
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

No, I want one too. Extra large!

Endless "Gimme!" Soul
Old 2012-04-22, 11:06   Link #99