Old 2008-10-15, 19:04   Link #81
Captain Yoruichi
Yoruichi Biased! ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Captain Yoruichi
Probably Najica Blitz Tactics.
Captain Yoruichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 22:56   Link #82
GreatTeacherKen

I don't really have any guilty pleasure series, except for probably hentai in general.
GreatTeacherKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-15, 23:58   Link #83
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Anything lolicon really.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 00:07   Link #84
anselfir
Style Über Alles

bible black imo
Old 2008-10-16, 00:20   Link #85
Mega-Japan
Capuchuuuuuuuuuu!!!

Send a message via AIM to Mega-Japan Send a message via Yahoo to Mega-Japan
There's no anime that I watch that I would be ashamed of. Well, years back it would have been Doraemon, even my 6yr old female cousin thought it was very childish, lol, but it was too hilarious to ignore xD.
Old 2008-10-20, 14:09   Link #86
space cowboy
cowboy of space

card captors sakura i know i shouldnt but i really do.
space cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 20:17   Link #87
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Why shouldn't you like poor Sakura?
I love the series and the manga. Wish there was more, actually.

To me, I guess a guilty pleasure would be DBZ. It's long, drawn-out, but I darn well adore the thing. Had it all on VHS and now have it all on DVD. So, that's mine.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 20:50   Link #88
Shinigami_Mello
All hail Oyashiro-sama

Send a message via MSN to Shinigami_Mello
Hmm...if I had to choose, I guess Yu-gi-oh. I had no qualms buying the manga and I'd watch it if I had nothing better to do but dont dislike it xD
Shinigami_Mello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 20:54   Link #89
Echoes

Ikki Tousen. At least the two first seasons. After that the pleasure part sort of went away and I was left with just the "guilty."
Old 2008-10-20, 23:12   Link #90
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Definitely School days. But I don't know if it counts or not because I only watched the last part and the OVA when they were magical girls.

And Lucky Star, whose theme song I must listen to in great secrecy. There's also Moetan, which is extremely wrong but doesn't stop me from watching.
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 07:06   Link #91
space cowboy
cowboy of space

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Why shouldn't you like poor Sakura?
B-b-but im a man dammnit >.< Tiny Magic girls are not kawaii in the slightest >.< i think
Old 2008-10-21, 07:40   Link #92
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by space cowboy View Post
B-b-but im a man dammnit >.< Tiny Magic girls are not kawaii in the slightest >.< i think
Well, I read CCS not for Sakura, but for YukitoXToya Ho Yay. And I'm a guy. And no, CCS is not under my guilty pleasure list. I dare to state upfront that I read the series, which is more than what I can say for Ai Ore.

I think one theme in CCS is courage, i.e. the courage to love. The numerous "unwholesome" pairings (not to mention SakuraXTomoyo) is a draw to me. But, to tie in with newer series, CCS is the story of the parents. I really want to know what happened to Syoran and Sakura in Tsubasa.

P.S.: Shinjo Mayu: She makes fujioshis out of men.
Old 2008-10-21, 16:51   Link #93
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I'm also a man and I love Sakura. Have the complete manga series and the movies in DVD. What's the harm in it?

And there's mention of Sakura and Syoran in Tsubasa Chronicles? Really?

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 19:29   Link #94
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I'm also a man and I love Sakura. Have the complete manga series and the movies in DVD. What's the harm in it?

.... Man, you should check out Tsubasa and XXXholics. Won't want to spoil too much, but as parents, they were something. Still very minimal as of now. Expect more to come later.
Old 2008-10-22, 11:20   Link #95
space cowboy
cowboy of space

I liked Tsubasa and xxx holic for about 9 volumes then i got really sick of how dragged out it was getting. It was like it was never going to end so i decided to quit whilst i still have the courage too. Holic in my opinion was better for style but Tsubasa for entertainment.
Old 2008-10-22, 12:20   Link #96
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Guilty pleasures? I'm too embaressed to proclaim them explicitly so you'll have to infer from these two sources. This way my secret is safe forever.

"MetalGreymon digivolve to...WarGreymon!!!!111"
"Let em rip!"
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 17:45   Link #97
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Does manga count? If yes, then I confess that I found Ichinensei ni Nacchattara to be a thoroughly enjoyable manga. I love it. I'm waiting for the next chapter with great anticipation.

Considering how I sometimes said that I dislike lolicon, you can, of course, pin me on a stake as you will.

I have an excuse, though: it's yuri (sort of), and it's funny. And Rin-chan is a funny character. Oh, and I wasn't "fapping" to any "fanservice."

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanguan
P.S.: Shinjo Mayu: She makes fujioshis out of men.
I know when I've become a hypocrite and stuff, advocating book burnings and all when I'm supposed to be a civilized guy, but in this case I don't quite care.

Every "work" she's made? BURN IT WITH FIRE >_< And kill every one of her "protagonists" while at it. Brutally. Please. Spill it all, I want blood.

Quote:
Mention? Ha! Let me put it this way: there are two people who keep showing up on just about every TRS volume cover, and you are very familiar with both.

There are apparently a whole lot of spoilerific specifics on who's who exactly in this magical mess though; clones 'n stuff, you know. TRS readers will be able to elaborate on that, though I'd suggest against asking it since that would probably ruin the manga for you in one shot.

P.S. Cardcaptor Sakura is way off the radar in my "guilty" list. It's a genuinely good anime derived from a popular manga source by some of the world's most popular manga-ka, of course it's okay to like it!

On the other hand, I'm a big fan of Sugar Sugar Rune, which as the name suggests is a far more straightforward play at the magical girl genre...
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 18:36   Link #98
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by space cowboy View Post
I liked Tsubasa and xxx holic for about 9 volumes then i got really sick of how dragged out it was getting. It was like it was never going to end so i decided to quit whilst i still have the courage too. Holic in my opinion was better for style but Tsubasa for entertainment.
Well, I've been reading summaries on them. Basically, the first few volumes are of another nature altogether. Both series don't really fuse together until the most recent chapters.

To answer Irenicus and BetoJR:

Spoiler for details:

In the current double series, Kinomoto Sakura and Li Syaoran were only mentioned, and not seen yet. I really want to see how Sakura looked like as a mother; the old dames that is CLAMP had a teaser-pic of her which didn't reveal her face.

For Tsubasa and XXXholics, it would actually make more sense if you're spoiled first, before you start putting the jigsaw puzzle together yourself by reading the volumes. Clones + Alternate dimension selves = headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
I know when I've become a hypocrite and stuff, advocating book burnings and all when I'm supposed to be a civilized guy, but in this case I don't quite care.

Every "work" she's made? BURN IT WITH FIRE >_< And kill every one of her "protagonists" while at it. Brutally. Please. Spill it all, I want blood.
Hence, my "fujioshi out of men" comment.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-10-22 at 18:49.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 22:07   Link #99
Saitou

UFO Princess Valkyrie is good but so is Ah My Goddess season 1 & 2 and Angelic Layer

If at first you do not succeed your not using enough TNT!!!!
Saitou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 03:45   Link #100
rainnydaiis
Let it Rain

Send a message via MSN to rainnydaiis
One guilty pleasure was probably that I use to love Yu-Gi-Oh so much that I would collect cards go to tournaments and watch the anime like a mad person. Read the manga and everything. But back then everyone was in to it, but my friends were more of the "game" type people and thought it was stupid.
rainnydaiis is offline   Reply With Quote