AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 19 20.21%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 44 46.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 23.40%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 7.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-05, 00:15   Link #101
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
It was also never the poor excuse of a continuation that the season has been feeding us thus far. I don't know about others, but it is not the action i necessarily liked (though there is nothing bad about liking that either), but the fact that something actually relevant with a semblance of actually being relatively important (even if only for character background) happened.

The whole Konoe arc is basically the same thing over and over and over again, not to mention it rides on continuity inconsistencies and a whopping plothole regarding to season 1 to exist in the first place. (and a good measure of formerly not present idiocy cluelessness on Yuji's side) There is a difference between being slow paced and seemingly pointless, and the whole Konoe arc is much closer to the later. And while Shana was not a pure action series (though actually some people are trying to push this claim too far), it was never a crappy highschool romance flick either. Everything important this show was built upon has become nothing more than a trivial background decoration and nearly forgotten.

Thats why i at least like the last two episodes - they resemble what Shakugan no Shana used to be, and i just hope they can keep up the momentum from now on, because everything else that has happened in this season could easily be discarded and nothing would change, because there is nothing that has happened outside of these last episodes, be it in terms of plot or relationship progression (regression doesn't really count). Besides some microscopic development between Eita and Ogata that is, which is about the only thing this season has managed to achieve thus far.
A-freaking-men.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2007-12-05, 00:32   Link #102
Suzumiya Haruhi
Destroying the balance

Wow. This episode actually made me piss my pants in excitement.

Which the last several episodes failed to do. o_O

The Otaku Spot - My anime & manga reviews, musings, and pointless rants...
Old 2007-12-05, 01:52   Link #103
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripperazn View Post
Well considering where the lines of battle are drawn if Margery does somehow find out about Yuuji's flame, I'd say he is fairly safe. You're forgetting that he has Shana, and if everything somehow goes wrong, Wilhelmina can come back at Shana's request.

Margery has no allied flame haze and no cordial relationship with Shana at all. She has Satou and Tanaka, who can't do anything besides move in a Fuuzetsu.

Just from looking at the Flame Haze, you have Shana and potentially Wilhelmina vs Margery. It's quite easy to see who would win there.

For the human/mystes category, you have Yuuji, with spells and enough PoE to match a Guze no Ou vs 2 humans without any abilities at all.

Assassinating Yuuji isn't going to work either. The required Fuuzetsu makes surprise virtually impossible, especially since Shana will be staying with Yuuji again. His dodging is pretty good already from at least a year of training. If he is attacked he will be awake and will have a good chance of at least buying time for reinforcements.
A Fuzetsu is nice to avoid collateral damage and disturbing the neighbours, but it's not necessary.

And what can Yuji do right now, besides casting a Fuzetsu?

If Margery can attack Shana while Wilhelmina's away, she has a pretty good chance.
Old 2007-12-05, 03:23   Link #104
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
A Fuzetsu is nice to avoid collateral damage and disturbing the neighbours, but it's not necessary.

And what can Yuji do right now, besides casting a Fuzetsu?

If Margery can attack Shana while Wilhelmina's away, she has a pretty good chance.
Can you name an instance where a Flame Haze has used powers when NOT under a Fuuzetsu spell? Shana's hair turns red and her cape appears only under a Fuuzetsu, which is a pretty good indication that something changes when that spell is in effect.

Yuuji might not be competent on offense, but he can certainly sense tomogara and Flame Haze about as well as Shana. So, even if I am mistaken and a Fuuzetsu isn't necessary, she won't be attacking a target that is unaware of her presence. As demonstrated in his daily practice, Yuuji has pretty good movement, more than enough to at least buy time and distract Margery.

If I remember correctly, Shana was slightly weaker than Margery in Season 1. She has gotten stronger since then, as evidenced by the flame wings. Meanwhile, Margery has been in a drunken stupor...for at least months.

Regardless of Wilhelmina's presence, it's a 2v1 anyway. Shana is at least pretty close to Margery in terms of power and therefore holds the advantage. Margery would probably be trying to kill Yuuji the whole time, while Shana is free to attack. I really can't imagine a more tactically perfect situation for Shana and Yuuji.

I'm far more interested in what Satou and Eita do in response to this situation. They already want power, but how? Would they really use it to kill their friend for Margery's sake?
Old 2007-12-05, 03:26   Link #105
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Can you name an instance where a Flame Haze has used powers when NOT under a Fuuzetsu spell? Shana's hair turns red and her cape appears only under a Fuuzetsu, which is a pretty good indication that something changes when that spell is in effect.
Somebody needs to re-watch episode 1-04.
Old 2007-12-05, 03:32   Link #106
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Somebody needs to re-watch episode 1-04.
Bah, it's really been a while. Yuuji's ability to sense Flame Haze pretty much makes this a moot point though.
Old 2007-12-05, 07:20   Link #107
Kiyoru

So, let me get this straight - if Margery finds out about Yuji having Silver in his Fuzetsu, she won't be very happy and may attack Yuji?

O___O'
Old 2007-12-05, 08:14   Link #108
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Quote:
Her Yogasa coat appears in various times when she is not in a Fuzetsu... A fast example that comes to mind is the naked scene in Season 1.
Old 2007-12-05, 10:08   Link #109
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

Shana also used her flaming wings while teaching Yuji on how to channel power of existence and making it explode back in the first season. Another would be at the beginning of one of the episodes where Shana was questioning about the meaning of a kiss and the Aisen siblings debut. The Fuzetsu also wasn't cast in both of those times either.

Shana did beat Margery once and there is something about uncontrolled raw anger making you very predictable in combat. If Margery does see Yuji's flame to be silver, she's going to be like a rabid wolf on the prowl or like a shark that senses blood, thus becoming very predictable for Shana and Yuji to handle.

The Balle Masque isn't finished with the matter regarding the Reiji Maigo so I wouldn't be surprised if Bel Peor or Sydonay show up.
Old 2007-12-05, 11:33   Link #110
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Oh yes. Oh god yes.

Awesome episode. What a nice Fuzetsu
Old 2007-12-05, 13:07   Link #111
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yuji has developed some offensive control of his powers. He defeated that simulated Rin that Wily made. Hes been showing good signs as of late. He just needs to stop being such a pansy and whine "I cant wah wah I cant do it"
Old 2007-12-05, 15:12   Link #112
Paul
Bakka Baka!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
He just needs to stop being such a pansy and whine "I cant wah wah I cant do it"
You took the words right out of my mouth

I also wonder wether a future episode would be about Shana being jelous of Yuiji's superior spell casting skilz? I mean shana is a fighting type herself...
Old 2007-12-05, 15:44   Link #113
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX HBK View Post
Shana also used her flaming wings while teaching Yuji on how to channel power of existence and making it explode back in the first season. Another would be at the beginning of one of the episodes where Shana was questioning about the meaning of a kiss and the Aisen siblings debut. The Fuzetsu also wasn't cast in both of those times either.

Shana did beat Margery once and there is something about uncontrolled raw anger making you very predictable in combat. If Margery does see Yuji's flame to be silver, she's going to be like a rabid wolf on the prowl or like a shark that senses blood, thus becoming very predictable for Shana and Yuji to handle.

The Balle Masque isn't finished with the matter regarding the Reiji Maigo so I wouldn't be surprised if Bel Peor or Sydonay show up.
Yuji's good for figuring out subtle attacks with hidden weaknesses. That would be completely useless against Margery who's anything but subtle.

Flame wings aren't an advantage, since Margery can fly too. For that matter, Yuji can't fly, so she could easily take the fight into the air and make him irrelevant. Not that he wasn't before. He's just too weak, right now. His strengths - sensing and smarts - aren't the right tools against an enraged Margery.

If Margery decides to take off the kiddy gloves and really do her best to kill Shana while Wilhelmina's out of the picture, I think the odds are stacked in her favor. (It's not a certain victory, but still.)
Old 2007-12-05, 17:42   Link #114
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

If a Margery vs Shana went down, i think Margery has a fair chance of winning this. Unless something has changed, Shana should not be much of a caster, while we have seen Margery dish out some heavy punishment via ranged attacks. Yuji would have very hard time surviving these as well. Granted blind rage might work against her, but who knows - if she seriously wants to go all out, i think Shana is in trouble. Yuji would be absolutely useless in a fight of this caliber.

That said, i am not sure Margery is going to jump at his throat that simply either - i mean there is no chance of Yuji being the silver guy, so even if she might lash out in initial impulse, i think she would calm down in a bit.
Old 2007-12-05, 18:05   Link #115
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm not sure Yuji's in all that much direct danger from her spells - he's still got that ring that protects against Flame.

If she wants to kill him, she could easily do it physically, though.

And yeah, I don't think she'll be all that unreasonable either. Unless she knows something we don't about how Denizens can hide in torches or something.

I'm just saying, if it comes to that, Shana's in trouble.
Old 2007-12-05, 18:22   Link #116
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Though it doesn't seem that Margery attacks with flames - more like your regular blasts of energy. I don't think the ring would offer much protection from that. Even if it somehow did, the force of explosion should still send him flying.

Personally i don't think Margery is going to assault Yuji either.
Old 2007-12-05, 19:52   Link #117
DX HBK
I'm the Showstopper!

I think a possible Yuji vs Margery battle could bring out some UNFORESEEN CONSEQUENCES. Perhaps under a ton of battle stress, Yuji might get caught in some unexpected chain of events.

Course, Margery would be shocked at the ease of the battle being in her advantage that she would wonder, "Is the Silver really that weak or something?"
Old 2007-12-05, 20:46   Link #118
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I can't imagine this happening, but how about this "Silver" acting like a superpowered evil side, ala Ichigo's hollow-mode in Bleach? Yuji suddenly sprouting armor on half his body and being an evil badass would be so at ends with his normal behavior I'd die laughing.
Old 2007-12-05, 22:39   Link #119
Aquifina

Quote:
Yeah, seriously, if only Shana tripped a little in the Fuuzetsu and sliced her up. At least as a torch we would know her presence is only temporary >.<**

There was some pretty nice Shana development from it though...she's a lot more deredere now. She even encouraged Yuuji in training O.o That was something I thought I'd never see.
She's also genuinely proud of him--I think it's really quite sweet. It also shows that Shana's still a fighter at heart; she gets along best with Yuji either in training or in battle.
Old 2007-12-06, 00:27   Link #120
charizardpal
灼眼の

Anyone starting to think that with all of the filler, (episodes based on games, character-based episodes, flashbacks), we might not actually complete the series at the season finale in march?

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」
Closed Thread