AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-17, 01:21   Link #6421
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
but that WW III cause lot of destruction around the world. Thanks to Fiamma.
I wonder what is Fianma's body count....that Telesma purge of the world and those vision of Ezekyle like angel wheels rolling around would have been pretty devastating...
Old 2010-11-17, 01:22   Link #6422
pkmntrainer7
Hidden Behind the Truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol, Touma has always been a popular character.

I recall he won a similar character poll last year I think
He didn't win but he was the most popular Index character, for last year (2009) it was (And these are the only characters who got high enough to be ranked and it was either Top 30 or Top 50, I can't remember which):

Touma: 3rd (male), 3rd (overall)
Mikoto: 1st (female), 6th (overall)
Accelerator: 11th (male), 17th (overall)
Old 2010-11-17, 01:26   Link #6423
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plant42 View Post
Wow, This surely is a year of Index.
The novel itself got 1st rank.
Hero: Touma-1st, Accelerator-2nd
Heroine: Mikoto-1st, Index-3rd
Illustrator also got 1st rank.
Ah, to add, it says Touma got 2nd in the overall (both boys and girls) ranking and Mikoto came in 3rd.
Old 2010-11-17, 01:26   Link #6424
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmntrainer7 View Post
He didn't win but he was the most popular Index character, for last year (2009) it was (And these are the only characters who got high enough to be ranked and it was either Top 30 or Top 50, I can't remember which):

Touma: 3rd (male), 3rd (overall)
Mikoto: 1st (female), 6th (overall)
Accelerator: 11th (male), 17th (overall)
Ahh yes, now I remember

But it was a big improvement for Accelerator and Index, both weren't even in the top ten.

Quote:
I can't make head or tails from that site, but out of curiousity, who's the number 2 girl?

In fact, if anyone could name the full list, I would be grateful

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Ah, to add, it says Touma got 2nd in the overall (both boys and girls) ranking and Mikoto came in 3rd.
So...Who's number 1 ?
Old 2010-11-17, 01:49   Link #6425
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
So...Who's number 1 ?
Let me guess, a certain character with ambiguous gender.
Old 2010-11-17, 02:03   Link #6426
MegamiMiko

Quote:
I don't know, I get the impression from Aleister that Fiamma using the Aeon of Osiris does not mean his Magic formula, but rather his mindset and belief and methods.

I mean, the man started world war 3!! The Holy Right was getting stronger from all the negative things in the world. I say that's pretty 'dark and death' and so totally Aeon of Osiris.
Then again, Aleister probably isn't any better.
Old 2010-11-17, 02:12   Link #6427
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegamiMiko View Post
Then again, Aleister probably isn't any better.
I'm not familiar with his master plan, but Aleister to me seem to be different in his way to gain power. Rather than through death and destruction, Aleister has been about creation. He improves the advancement of Scientific technologies, he created the Misaka Network, he created the Artificial Angel... He's been about pushing the realms of possibility.
Old 2010-11-17, 04:01   Link #6428
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Oh my, it seems I've managed to gather Index's haters here .

Though your opinion is 99% based on your tastes I'm replying you:

Quoting chronic hero Touma:

Looking it from other perspective the people who cares of her do this because they think she can't do by herself when in disguise she showed she can do very well on her own. Examples: vol. 7, 11, 13 and 18.
In the other hand, isn't Mikoto who can do by herself still is overprotected by her friends and acts spoiled as a direct consequence?

Most of this is Touma's fault, for example, the whole Daihaisei story took so long is because Touma's overprotective behavior of keeping Index away of the main problem will "keep her safe" just asking 2 or 3 questions would have finished the problem and probably nobody would get hurt.
IMO, if Touma would have asked Index in the begining instead Lying (again) Himegami, Fukiyose, Stiyl and Touma himself never would have been injured that bad.

One of the few things Fiamma done it right was accusing Touma for protecting Index solely for his own selfish self-satisfaction and hubris thinking he’s doing all this for Index’s sake, an undeniable truth because until now he played the role of the "hero" to feel he is righteous in front of her when in disguise he just is afraid that Index will leave him .

Oh, and just to remind one of the rules of this forum:
I really wish Index will leave him, so he can start a new refreshing life with another girl. Index doesn't act spoiled solely because of Touma's overprotective nature either, she's like that from the beginning and never seem to improve. U want her to fight by herself!? How about when the nuns in vol. 7 destroyed their eardrums just to kill her? Vol. 9-10 is more of political problem where Index shouldn't be involved since it'll affect the balance of the two factions.
I doubt if she can handle the big bad in vol. 11 or beating several golems all by herself. And do u think she'd stand a chance against the hound-dog army and Vent of the Front!? And I doubt if she can single-handedly stop civil war in England like Touma.
Keep her safe!? Well, I hope it'll make her more mature if he said that. But I believe she'd have realized it long ago. And Touma is everyone's hero since he will save EVERYONE indiscriminately. It wouldn't make she surprised if he said that to her anyway, since he does the same for almost every other girls and even Fiamma.
Mikoto has 100% noway to even scratch Accel either. She'd have died if not for Touma's interference.
Old 2010-11-17, 04:19   Link #6429
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I'm not familiar with his master plan, but Aleister to me seem to be different in his way to gain power. Rather than through death and destruction, Aleister has been about creation. He improves the advancement of Scientific technologies, he created the Misaka Network, he created the Artificial Angel... He's been about pushing the realms of possibility.
This.....

Even if he causes tragedies in Academy's Darkness, those tragedies are always aimed at pushing the limits of power...
Old 2010-11-17, 04:20   Link #6430
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

touma dropping index will not happen, we all know that, also the probabilities of index beign able to control her pendex mode are very high(after all this is a recurring theme in japanmedia)and if she does it she surely will end up as a tier 1 character.
Old 2010-11-17, 04:21   Link #6431
tsunade666

It seems like you really don't like Index -_- well I don't like her that much too, she' kind annoying and same with Mikoto.

But the truth to be told. She needs to be kept safe. She's the Magic Library of the Science Side. Her importance in the story is huge. Much bigger than rank 2-7 of level 5 combine. the rank 1 and 8 are different. Maybe they are all on the same level. But Index is the one who bridge the knowledge of the magic side together.

If science side had Rikou the goddess of esper if she reach level 5 which is nearing it's completion and Accelerator the human that evolve into an angel.

The magic side got the magic library and through her most knowledge of magic is stored and through it too. She can fight. But the problem is it looks like Laura did something to her that prevents her from accessing her mana or to use magic without going to pendex or john pen mode.
Old 2010-11-17, 07:23   Link #6432
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Fiamma pointed out that Aleister doesn't cares if the worlds gets destroyed coughwarwough <_< nor wants to saves this world.
Old 2010-11-17, 08:54   Link #6433
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
just wondering is that last order on the cover, if so she looks a bit evil there haha
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com/wiki/Misaka_Worst

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-11-17, 08:57   Link #6434
faiz blaster

Wow, first time that I actually pick up this kind of thing before anyone else.

Chapter 11 of Vol. 22 has been expanded!
Old 2010-11-17, 08:57   Link #6435
tsunade666

Fiamma just wants his power to be used because he can't even use it so what's the purpose for him having it. He just dream to grand. Because he thinks he needs to save this world just to use it.

Comparing it to Touma who would save anyone despite how big scale it is. Well Touma did save the world before he dies.
Old 2010-11-17, 09:47   Link #6436
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Lol, Touma has always been a popular character.

I recall he won a similar character poll last year I think... Ahh Here we go, Top 10 Light Novel Characters - Kamijou Touma number 3.

Everybody seem to have a big improvement in ranking thought. Accelerator and Index got bump up to high on the ranking.
True, Touma lost to the 1st (Kinoshitrap from BakaTest) and the 2nd (Blablablagi from Bakemonogatari).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
I really wish Index will leave him, so he can start a new refreshing life with another girl. Index doesn't act spoiled solely because of Touma's overprotective nature either, she's like that from the beginning and never seem to improve. U want her to fight by herself!? How about when the nuns in vol. 7 destroyed their eardrums just to kill her? Vol. 9-10 is more of political problem where Index shouldn't be involved since it'll affect the balance of the two factions.
I doubt if she can handle the big bad in vol. 11 or beating several golems all by herself. And do u think she'd stand a chance against the hound-dog army and Vent of the Front!? And I doubt if she can single-handedly stop civil war in England like Touma.
Keep her safe!? Well, I hope it'll make her more mature if he said that. But I believe she'd have realized it long ago. And Touma is everyone's hero since he will save EVERYONE indiscriminately. It wouldn't make she surprised if he said that to her anyway, since he does the same for almost every other girls and even Fiamma.
Mikoto has 100% noway to even scratch Accel either. She'd have died if not for Touma's interference.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2010-11-17, 09:57   Link #6437
tsunade666

Oi wilfri Arararararagi-kun is also cool plus you just can't resist gender hideyoshi.

Hideyoshi I mean Index isn't the battle type to begin with like Mikoto so comparing the 2 heroines of opposing side is utterly useless for me plus I don't like those two.

Index has her own use and also Mikoto. Index is more useful in planning and with her knowledge you can easily know what the enemy magician would hit you with. Mikoto is strong. She EMP blast the military equipment of Russian soldiers to disable it. And she paralyze them to disable them and not kill them. She even can go against hound dogs which are armed forces of the dark side of the city. Index can't do those kind of thing and Mikoto can't help in the fight with magicians.

They are like the opposing sides of the coin. That's why Index is the heroine of the magic side and Mikoto is the heroine of the science side. But that wouldn't change the fact that the title of the novel is "to are majutsu no Index" even though it's not centered with Index.

Mikoto has her own spin off -_-

and nice translation as always Flere.

Reading the translation is a lot easier than trying to understand moon runes. And now that I had read it. No one did mention or remember Touma other than Lessar and Sasha. Now I wonder when did necesarious hq knew about Touma being inside the fortress. Aside that the only one who knew about it is Styl and it looks like he doesn't tell it to the others.
Old 2010-11-17, 10:27   Link #6438
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Oi wilfri Arararararagi-kun is also cool plus you just can't resist gender hideyoshi.

Hideyoshi I mean Index isn't the battle type to begin with like Mikoto so comparing the 2 heroines of opposing side is utterly useless for me plus I don't like those two.

Index has her own use and also Mikoto. Index is more useful in planning and with her knowledge you can easily know what the enemy magician would hit you with. Mikoto is strong. She EMP blast the military equipment of Russian soldiers to disable it. And she paralyze them to disable them and not kill them. She even can go against hound dogs which are armed forces of the dark side of the city. Index can't do those kind of thing and Mikoto can't help in the fight with magicians.

They are like the opposing sides of the coin. That's why Index is the heroine of the magic side and Mikoto is the heroine of the science side. But that wouldn't change the fact that the title of the novel is "to are majutsu no Index" even though it's not centered with Index.
Just playing with the "r" and "l" I don't have anything against him .

Index as a tactician done it right. The difference between those two (the other is Mikoto) is... even Index gets injured, since the beginning like the first volume until the latter events, hijacking jet incident, Mikoto seems to have inmunity to any damage (new power? or plot armor?), just think of the incident with Sisters or the war, no injuries, if Touma survives he would be dying of pure envy because his friends, his loli and himself oftenly gets badly injured or tortured to insanity like Accelerator.
Old 2010-11-17, 10:43   Link #6439
Ashaman

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Wait. how does this work? Unless Teh Ping is right?

I'm guessing Accel got 4th over all then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Let me guess, a certain character with ambiguous gender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Index as a tactician done it right. The difference between those two (the other is Mikoto) is... even Index gets injured, since the beginning like the first volume until the latter events, hijacking jet incident, Mikoto seems to have inmunity to any damage (new power? or plot armor?), just think of the incident with Sisters or the war, no injuries, if Touma survives he would be dying of pure envy because his friends, his loli and himself oftenly gets badly injured or tortured to insanity like Accelerator.
Objection!

Mikoto did get injured in Railgun, and was sent to the hospital on at least one occasion.

Though yeah, never as seriously hurt as Touma and Accelerator.

Except Kuroko. She gets hurt alot too. Poor girl.
Old 2010-11-17, 10:52   Link #6440
Plant42

Here's the full top 10 ranking

Top 10 Light Novel

*1 To aru Majutsu no Index
*2 Boku wa Tomodachi ga sukunai
*3 Baka to Test to Shokanjuu
*4 Sword Art Online
*5 Ben-to
*6 「Bungaku Shoujo」 series
*7 「Seitokai no Ichizon」 series
*8 Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii wake ga nai
*9 Durarara!!
10 Kamisama no Memo Chou

Rank 11-60(only for the interesting ones)
11 Full Metal Panic!
12 「Bakemonogatari」 series
20 Shakugan no Shana
21 Kino no Tabi -the Beautiful World-
22 Toradora!
24 Accel World
26 Hidan no Aria
27 Spice and Wolf
31 「Ookami-san」 series
33 Baccano
37 Zero no Tsukaima
39 Kore wa Zombie desuka?
40 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san
43 Mayoi Neko Overrun!
46 Mushi Uta
54 IS <Infinite Stratos>
60 Koukaku no Regios

Top 10 Illustrator

*1 Haimura Kiyotaka (To aru Majutsu no Index)
*2 Buriki (Boku wa Tomodachi ga sukunai)
*3 Takeoka Miho (「Bungaku Shoujo」 series)
*4 Kishida Meru (Kamisama no Memo Chou)
*5 Hidari (Usotsuki mee-kun to Kowareta Ma-chan)
*6 abec (Sword Art Online)
*7 Itou Noichi (Do I need to say?)
*8 Haga Yui (Baka to Test to Shokanjuu)
*9 Inugami Kira (「Seitokai no Ichizon」 series)
10 Yasuda Suzuhito (Durarara!!)

Top 10 Male

*1 Kamijou Touma (To aru Majutsu no Index)
*2 Accelerator (To aru Majutsu no Index)
*3 Kirito (Sword Art Online)
*4 Kinoshita Hideyoshi (Baka to Test to Shokanjuu)
*5 Satou You (Ben-to)
*6 Sagara Sousuke (Full Metal Panic! )
*7 Araragi Koyomi (「Bakemonogatari」 series)
*8 Sugisaki Ken (「Seitokai no Ichizon」 series)
*9 Mee-kun (Usotsuki mee-kun to Kowareta Ma-chan)
10 Heiwajima Shizuo (Durarara!!)

Top 10 Female

*1 Misaka Mikoto (To aru Majutsu no Index)
*2 Alice (Kamisama no Memo Chou)
*3 Index (To aru Majutsu no Index)
*4 Kashiwazaki Sena (Boku wa Tomodachi ga sukunai)
*5 Amano Tooko (「Bungaku Shoujo」 series)
*6 Asuna (Sword Art Online)
*7 Itsuwa (To aru Majutsu no Index)
*8 Senjougahara Hitagi (「Bakemonogatari」 series)
*9 Touwa Aerio (Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko)
10 Kotobuki Nanase (「Bungaku Shoujo」 series)
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen