AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-27, 04:11   Link #1181
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
i havent readed all the novels, just from novel 14 onward, but people had mentioned in the LN thread that touma IB was nerfed in AC,is this speculation from the change that before it affected people around him and now i doesnt?, or it was mentioned in the novels?
For now, speculation due to the reason you have stated. There were a number of hints that point towards his memories.
Old 2012-03-27, 04:44   Link #1182
tsunade666

It's not Touma's Imagine Breaker which was nerfted but his bad luck was nerfted. From a bad luck that effect others around him from before academy city time till when he enrolls academy city. His bad luck only affects him. Thus the theory of imagine breaker was installed to him by the time he enters academy city.
Old 2012-03-27, 15:21   Link #1183
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It's not Touma's Imagine Breaker which was nerfted but his bad luck was nerfted. From a bad luck that effect others around him from before academy city time till when he enrolls academy city. His bad luck only affects him. Thus the theory of imagine breaker was installed to him by the time he enters academy city.
but didnt index mention to touma that his hand negating everything negated the blessing of god AKA good luck around him?
Old 2012-03-27, 20:23   Link #1184
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

Like Chaos said, much of it is under speculation. There have been many hints regarding his lost memories and there are some that said, that at some point in the past, Touma had willingly sealed a portion of Imagine Breaker's ability so that it only affected himself. The fact that he couldn't unseal it in his fight against Terra, made Terra think that its because he couldn't remember thus inferring that Touma had lost his memories.

We've been given clues as to what Imagine Breaker is, but most of it is still under speculation (or so I think...).
Old 2012-03-28, 02:39   Link #1185
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

ok, thank you guys for the answers.
Old 2012-03-31, 21:16   Link #1186
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
So, are the level 5 rankings meant only for just ordering up which level 5's are more powerful? It's easy to see why Accelerator and Kakine get the highest but is anything more than just that?
Old 2012-03-31, 21:48   Link #1187
Ilidsor
Angelerator

The levels 5's are ranked in usefulness to Aliester's plan not by power level. Accelerator is the most useful so he is number one. Kakine is the spare in case something happens to Accelerator so he's second. Misaka is third because her genes are needed to make the Misaka Sisters who are needed for the artificial heaven. Although Accelerator is the strongest and Kakine is the second strongest the actual third strongest isn't Misaka it's the number 7 Gunha.

Hope that helped
Old 2012-03-31, 21:54   Link #1188
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Although Accelerator is the strongest and Kakine is the second strongest the actual third strongest isn't Misaka it's the number 7 Gunha.

Hope that helped
That was neither confirmed nor denied, all that side story showed is that Gunha has defensive capabilities that can rival Mikoto's offensive capabilities. But as Nayuta narrates, both of them were just playing around.
Old 2012-03-31, 22:18   Link #1189
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
The levels 5's are ranked in usefulness to Aliester's plan not by power level. Accelerator is the most useful so he is number one. Kakine is the spare in case something happens to Accelerator so he's second. Misaka is third because her genes are needed to make the Misaka Sisters who are needed for the artificial heaven. Although Accelerator is the strongest and Kakine is the second strongest the actual third strongest isn't Misaka it's the number 7 Gunha.

Hope that helped
Thanks, makes sense when I think about the events in Volume 15.
Old 2012-03-31, 23:09   Link #1190
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Is Nayutas novel even considered canon?
Old 2012-03-31, 23:11   Link #1191
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Is Nayutas novel even considered canon?
You mean after numerous reference to said character in the recent Testament volume, as well as an official recognition of the work by Kamachi himself?
Old 2012-04-01, 10:31   Link #1192
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That was neither confirmed nor denied, all that side story showed is that Gunha has defensive capabilities that can rival Mikoto's offensive capabilities. But as Nayuta narrates, both of them were just playing around.
I think the author said it though in an interview somewhere.
Old 2012-04-01, 16:09   Link #1193
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I think the author said it though in an interview somewhere.
I believe you're thinking of this line:

Quote:
but no matter if it’s Accelerator or the "Railgun", apart from being simply biological resources from the industrial point of view, they're simply "delicious", no? The seventh Level 5 who appears in SS2 should be fairly powerful, but why is he only the seventh? Regarding this kind of question, from this point of view, the answer should be more obvious… At first glance, the fifth seems to have little value, but when used in disciplines such as sports and medicine, there'd be great benefits.
Old 2012-04-01, 18:45   Link #1194
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
You mean after numerous reference to said character in the recent Testament volume, as well as an official recognition of the work by Kamachi himself?
Yeah that one
Old 2012-04-02, 13:27   Link #1195
desrtsku
Nympholept

^ Well, there's no way a blonde loli with twintails can't be canon as long as the original author we're talking about is Kamachi, right? (^w^)
Old 2012-04-02, 20:32   Link #1196
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

^
Or rather there's just no real glaring problem that we can't take it as canon.
Old 2012-04-17, 05:31   Link #1197
Kyouka
Is Here

any chances on railgun 2 or index 3?
Old 2012-04-17, 06:05   Link #1198
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
any chances on railgun 2 or index 3?
Chance? There's always a chance but atm that's as far as it goes.

Look, with a series like Raildex if and when there's any major news the whole world would know about it soon enough, it's not the kind of thing that would stay a secret for more than an hour

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-04-17 at 07:20.
Old 2012-04-17, 11:00   Link #1199
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
it's not the kind of thing that would stay a secret for more than an hour
OWNED
It's 10% thanks to you guys though
Old 2012-04-17, 15:10   Link #1200
raito0512
kira

in LN does anyone know how touma had a geko-ta strap on his cellphone? i remember in vol 17 or 18 lessar noticed about the gekota strap on touma cellphone.

i dont remember mikoto gave him a gekota stap. the only one i know is that gekota starap is the one they bought on september 30.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a