2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 3.33%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-07-24, 23:08   Link #81
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I agree. Not that I blame them, but this is probably why I will never read manga no matter how long I've been into anime, which is a lot. It just take away some of the excitement of anime significantly. You expect something to happen, it doesn't (or happens slowly), and you get pissed. I don't want to go through the same process.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 04:19   Link #82
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShinobi07 View Post
Just Imagine Naruto part one starting the way Shippuden did, (assuming most fans started watching the anime before reading the manga) these Naruto boards would be EMPTY.

Thread over...
Old 2007-07-25, 04:19   Link #83
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I haven't read the manga yet (still looking)... But I do find the current pace unbearable. I find myself skipping most of the chatter at times >_<
Sugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 08:35   Link #84
Shinosan

I found this episode rather good. Nice cliffhanger. Sasori has a sick technique, but i like him now that i know he´s not that fat guy. Didn´t think it was actually a puppet^^
Shinosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 09:52   Link #85
7thFonon
seventh

lol this was like hilarious, to think that the anime team actually finds this acceptable. It was like they are all anxious to fight, then when they see Sasori they go into history class, and have a 15 minute conversation while Sasori admires them and tries to figure out what Sakura and Chiyo are saying. I kept the video minimized for most of the time until I heard what sounded like an actual fight.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 14:08   Link #86
Kyu410

Send a message via Yahoo to Kyu410
Well its not that simple to make thousands of people happy. In the manga this was way longer. I'm sure they'll up the pace as soon as this fight is over.

What I think is that that anime team thinks leaving the fans in suspense is much better than just rushing through the whole thing and ruining this arc.
Kyu410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 16:18   Link #87
Covenant

Yep like I said earlier the pacing is awesome, in the manga this fight took FOREVER. The fight in the anime however will probably be over within the next two episodes.
Covenant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 22:30   Link #88
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Now, this is how Naruto should be. Even for an apetitizer, the first round was quite enjoyable. Hoping for things to look positive, that is until the end of this arc.

Spoiler:

Got to give credit to the staff, the shots of both Chiyo and Sakura dodging the needle rain were fantastic. Both exuding youthful energy and thunderous ferocity.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-25, 23:26   Link #89
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^You'll be surprise at his true form

That I can promised you

The true battle isn't even started yet...

@ Covenant ..2 episodes conclusion for this fight? At this current pace? What did you smoke today?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 00:43   Link #90
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_N
The true battle isn't even started yet...
^Your talking like we've even seen one true battle all series...The next true battle will be the first...
Old 2007-07-26, 01:21   Link #91
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

^ Oh come on wing, true battles in Naruto starts when both parties agree that what they have on them originally isn't enough and starts pulling something off their asses (in the name of bloodlines, or special attack or whatever) and for some surprising reason the other party suddenly have a direct counter for it
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-07-26, 01:54   Link #92
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^No a true-battle is when you are actually going "Hell yeah, this is a dope a$$ battle!" instead of "Jesus when are we gonna get to the dope a$$ battle?"

All jokes aside though blackshinobi07 just killed any argument from the other side...Wish I woulda thought of it, but had original Naruto started like this Naruto, there'd be no forum...Atleast not the buzz to get us to this point...There are isolated comparatives but not enough to suggest to me part 1 and part 2 have much in common...The proof is in how part 2 makes me feel (and if the manga is as slow, disorganized, and meticulous as the anime then the manga part 2 sucks just aswell)...
Old 2007-07-26, 01:58   Link #93
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Well, apart from the 2 last major battles in the manga, I enjoyed it more then Bleach counterpart honestly..

The last 2 was kinda lots of WTF lameness in it.

Of course, both fails in comparison with Claymore, but its a totally different class on its own ^o^
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-07-26, 02:27   Link #94
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Well I think Bleach is and has always been style over substance...I've always viewed it in that manner and likewise enjoy it in that manner..Naruto is a more authentic in the shonen-fighter genre to me having a more substantive aura to it (despite the lameness we've discussed)...Nevertheless, a lack of knowing what's next is all this show has going for it, so maybe at the point of understanding more I'll understand more...At this point I just don't...

I guess I'll have to start watching Claymore if it waay better than Bleach and Naruto...Not a big fan of overly gore-bloody fighting titles (Atleast I think that's it's theme) but I just keep hearing great things, so maybe it's time to give it a peek...
Old 2007-07-26, 02:33   Link #95
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Please do, I think you'll enjoy it very much.

>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-07-26, 08:03   Link #96
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
All jokes aside though blackshinobi07 just killed any argument from the other side...Wish I woulda thought of it, but had original Naruto started like this Naruto, there'd be no forum...Atleast not the buzz to get us to this point...There are isolated comparatives but not enough to suggest to me part 1 and part 2 have much in common...The proof is in how part 2 makes me feel (and if the manga is as slow, disorganized, and meticulous as the anime then the manga part 2 sucks just aswell)...
As a matter of fact, I didn’t found it was a need for me to continue doing so , when I Said this before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik
But consider this, in the last 7 Episodes Shipuden have covered 10 Manga chapters, meaning that from this point on Shipuden has had a ratio of 1.5 Manga chapters per episode, that’s a difference of just 0.3 Compared to part 1 that had usually a ratio of 1.8 chapters per Anime episode.
Quote:
And Lets be clear here, is not as if up to this point the Manga was that interesting to begin with.
Take in mind that comparing Naruto premiere airing with the Naruto story already started and stablished is different, as the whole shipudden crap is an advertisment tactic, Kishi does not make it look as if there is a part 1 or 2, this isnt really a new Naruto series.

Like I said is not that the manga up to this point was that interesting, but basically this chapter is as close as possible to the Manga, as an Anime could be. There are some that find this “part 2” crap, I guess is all depending on the viewer.
Old 2007-07-26, 12:09   Link #97
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
All jokes aside though blackshinobi07 just killed any argument from the other side...Wish I woulda thought of it, but had original Naruto started like this Naruto, there'd be no forum...
I believe, the majority of the posts target the manga not the anime, so, it is not a problem, that the anime sucks, regardless of how it would have started. If anyone hasn't changed their mind by now, that the anime is not getting any better, well, then, they should continue to enjoy this, and, that wouldn't have changed even if the anime wouldn't have started the way you have approved...
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 12:16   Link #98
Lecrew

Send a message via ICQ to Lecrew Send a message via MSN to Lecrew
If it were too similiar from the manga without any fillers and more lengthy each episode, it would it been good.

Anime called Claymore follows the same thing as the manga. Sure they cut some minor parts, but it basically follows the same thing. I wish it would it be like that in the first place for Naruto.
Lecrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-26, 12:53   Link #99
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt View Post
I believe, the majority of the posts target the manga not the anime, so, it is not a problem, that the anime sucks, regardless of how it would have started...
Huh? In this thread (the weekly anime ep thread) the anime is being targeted much more...Like the poster above me lots of people have said if they just followed the manga progressively instead of expanding it nonsensically it would be better...

Quote:
Kishi does not make it look as if there is a part 1 or 2, this isnt really a new Naruto series.
Does that matter? Whether it's a gimmick or a ploy or whatever if it was GOOD people would be praising it...All that matters is whether it's GOOD or not and the majority is overwhelmingly not in agreement with you...The show has a totally different feel man, if you can't see that...

Quote:
Like I said is not that the manga up to this point was that interesting, but basically this chapter is as close as possible to the Manga, as an Anime could be. There are some that find this “part 2” crap, I guess is all depending on the viewer.
Well some of your fellow manga heads have disagreed with you stating that if Shippuden just followed the manga more strictly (or was just better in it's presentation of key-events) it wouldn't be as much of the muddled mess it currently is...Hell even you told me to start reading the manga because the anime is so unl33t right now...Don't get it twisted I just like to debate the issues...It's something to do..I'll still watch Naruto and I'm sure at some point it'll have one of those ridiculously awesome episodes that made it the "must-watch" shonen-fighter of this decade but as of now it's hype with little of the goose-bump inducing moments that part 1 introduced to me...
Old 2007-07-26, 13:02   Link #100
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Huh? In this thread (the weekly anime ep thread) the anime is being targeted much more...Like the poster above me lots of people have said if they just followed the manga progressively instead of expanding it nonsensically it would be better...
That is the undeniable truth, but still people are watching it because of still undying expectations that it may get better with the next one, even though they may not comment on it.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote