1 out of 10 : Painful 14 1.72%
Voters: 812. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-10-11, 11:50   Link #1661
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.2 View Post
It's a side story? Right?
Yeah pretty much it takes place in 2017 atb on the European battlefront.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-11, 12:14   Link #1662
C.2

Thanks for the quick replies, can't wait for it.
C.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-24, 02:21   Link #1663
Kyrara

Wonderful anime. The strategic thinking Lula causes admiration, how many it is necessary endurances what to hold the ground seeing as because of you acquaintances and relatives perish and nevertheless to finish the plan and to save the world! I simply give a standing ovation to it.
I hate Nanali, first shi's silly, secondly shi's useless.
Kyrara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 08:15   Link #1664
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Nunnally had to be incredibly naive though to levels bordering on The Load, the way she trusted Charles, and ultimately, Schneizel.
I disagree, I think that she saw them as the 'right' way to do things at first (like we hear Suzaku talking about) and later on because it was the only alternative.
lightsenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 18:55   Link #1665
azul120

She was still being used as a pawn by both Charles and Schneizel (and even Suzaku against Lelouch at one point).

One of the most infuriating parts was that Lelouch was unable to get to her prior to the battle of Tokyo and the resulting FLEIJA explosion and its most unfortunate chain of events.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 10:50   Link #1666
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
She was still being used as a pawn by both Charles and Schneizel (and even Suzaku against Lelouch at one point).
I doubt that she was naive enough not to know what was going on. My opinion is that (and at least partially confirmed by the anime) she chose which side she was on. She took the steps that she thought would work the best and probably would have chosen differently if she had known from the beginning what Lelouch was up to.
Old 2010-11-04, 11:55   Link #1667
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
^ Nope, she never had the slightest control over her position.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 11:57   Link #1668
lightsenshi
Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
^ Nope, she never had the slightest control over her position.
She always could have said 'no'.
Old 2010-11-04, 15:21   Link #1669
roriconfan
Banned

^ She did actually.

Lulu: Sister, give me the trigger.
Nunnally: No.
Lulu: Geass pawah!
Nunnally: Here you go dear brother.

And that made aaaaall the difference.
Old 2010-11-04, 18:00   Link #1670
azul120

It's mind numbing how she could overlook Charles sending her and Lelouch off as bargaining chips all those years ago.

That, and Schneizel lied to her about Pendragon. (He possibly kept her out of the loop as part of the whole process of keeping her in hiding following the FLEIJA explosion over Tokyo.)
Old 2010-11-04, 20:41   Link #1671
lightsenshi
Author

I stand by my opinion. :P

Besides, if she hadn't been wheelchair bound and blind then she'd have been at least as dangerous as Lelouch. Possibly more so.
Old 2010-11-04, 23:02   Link #1672
azul120

She wouldn't need to be protected in the first place.
Old 2010-11-05, 05:17   Link #1673
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsenshi View Post
Besides, if she hadn't been wheelchair bound and blind then she'd have been at least as dangerous as Lelouch. Possibly more so.
Quote:
She wouldn't need to be protected in the first place.
POWNED!

An if Lulu hadn't find CC he would be dead in episode 1 of the first season. Your point?
Old 2010-11-10, 04:26   Link #1674
YaminoSeigi

The Second season starts great but the pacing is really horrible in the middle of the series until the end of the season. The ending somehow solves the trainweck problem. In conclusion the first season of Code Geass was great but 2nd season is pretty mediocre.

The politics is really unconvincing and far to be desired though as long as you don't take care of it seriously the story is still rather enjoyable.
Old 2010-12-11, 03:09   Link #1675
Marik Swift
The wondering soul

Code Geass is my favorite anime of all times because it change my entire perspective on life I give it a 100/10 if I could,but I can't so it's a perfect 10. Love you Kalulu.
Marik Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-11, 15:04   Link #1676
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaminoSeigi View Post
The Second season starts great but the pacing is really horrible in the middle of the series until the end of the season. The ending somehow solves the trainweck problem. In conclusion the first season of Code Geass was great but 2nd season is pretty mediocre.

The politics is really unconvincing and far to be desired though as long as you don't take care of it seriously the story is still rather enjoyable.
I'm a little late on this, but really, the conclusion screws it up even more.
Old 2011-02-13, 00:17   Link #1677
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

i gave it a 8/10, the animation is consistent all through out but that ending is just Jesus Christ wanna be that ending is just meant for fan service rather than logically thinking of a better way to attain peace
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-15, 18:49   Link #1678
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

This anime would be like an 10/10 I wish they carried on with the anime! At the end its up for you to decide whether he is alive or not! But I wish the would create another arc in an anime version... but I really doubt it.
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 23:26   Link #1679
Yamiken
Philosophos Basileus

Send a message via MSN to Yamiken
I give it an 8. I enjoyed R2, I did, but it doesn't measure up to the first season, in my opinion. It's still exciting and a rollercoaster, but some of the gambits feel a little stale and recycled, and the dropping of certain subplots from the first season with nary an explanation (Suzaku and his connection to the Geass spring to mind) is a bit painful. Moreover, Charles, Marianne and V.V.'s grand scheme deserved more time and explanation, as did their and C.C.'s history in general. The executive-imposed timeskip and subsequent reintroduction of the various characters does seem a convincing culprit for these issues, which is regrettable.

Some of the plot twists also stretched the belief. Code Geass has never been the greatest for plot cohesion and believability, preferring to compensate with excitement and fabulousness instead, but there is a limit to what a show can get away with, and R2 stretched that limit at times. Specific examples don't come to mind, but they were there.

The ending, however, makes up for a good deal of it, tying in perfectly with various themes talked about from day one. Others will criticise, but I enjoyed it and was made quite emotional by it. Just one thing, though: Lelouch is dead. I loved him as much as the next guy, but everyone just needs to accept that and moved on. It wouldn't be nearly so powerful an ending if he weren't.
Yamiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-21, 03:51   Link #1680
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamiken View Post
I give it an 8. I enjoyed R2, I did, but it doesn't measure up to the first season, in my opinion. It's still exciting and a rollercoaster, but some of the gambits feel a little stale and recycled, and the dropping of certain subplots from the first season with nary an explanation (Suzaku and his connection to the Geass spring to mind) is a bit painful. Moreover, Charles, Marianne and V.V.'s grand scheme deserved more time and explanation, as did their and C.C.'s history in general. The executive-imposed timeskip and subsequent reintroduction of the various characters does seem a convincing culprit for these issues, which is regrettable.

Some of the plot twists also stretched the belief. Code Geass has never been the greatest for plot cohesion and believability, preferring to compensate with excitement and fabulousness instead, but there is a limit to what a show can get away with, and R2 stretched that limit at times. Specific examples don't come to mind, but they were there.

The ending, however, makes up for a good deal of it, tying in perfectly with various themes talked about from day one. Others will criticise, but I enjoyed it and was made quite emotional by it. Just one thing, though: Lelouch is dead. I loved him as much as the next guy, but everyone just needs to accept that and moved on. It wouldn't be nearly so powerful an ending if he weren't.
I've sort of been over it before, but logically he really did the Zero Requiem as an excuse to commit suicide after Nunnally's apparent demise and the Black Knights' betrayal. He caused more damage than he did through the rebellion, and this time he didn't even have the excuse of necessity. What was also frustrating was that Ohgi and Villetta, who were chiefly responsible for the latter happening via incompetence/misinformation, got the happiest ending. It's enough to make one wish they died at the bottom of that waterfall.