AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 08
10: Amazing... 3 7.50%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 4 10.00%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 17 42.50%
7 out of 10: Good... 6 15.00%
6 out of 10: Average... 2 5.00%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 2 5.00%
4 out of 10: Poor... 4 10.00%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 2.50%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 2.50%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-11-27, 05:21   Link #21
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciel View Post
Emily had 3 lines in the whole episode (besides the sighs of relief).

One : Flitto....
Two : Flitto....
Three : Flitto....

*is happy that Emily's annoyance level dropped massively* . Now we just need Yurin back and Emily to disappear forever and ever........

That side, i thought the episode was good.
To each their own. The distinct lack of Emily meant that this episode automatically gets a point or two deducted. Annoying traits aside, she will evolve. After all, she will one day become the Asuno family matriarch and will have the accomplishments befitting of that role. Also, given her voice actress, it can't be a coincidence that the ship is named Diva
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 05:46   Link #22
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

I'm pumped up for the next ep. hopefully decil appears again. on a side note, I just wish riria makes it to the second arc. And you probably know why I want her XD.

as for this ep. still no improvement on fight choreography, but I gotta hand it to Woolf, the G-Exes debut was great.

8/10
Old 2011-11-27, 06:25   Link #23
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Honestly i think this is the most pathetic episode among the 8 episodes. For an episode that's supposed to focus on fights, its fights are really pathetic. For starters , its freaking obvious that the UE ain't putting in any efforts. The writers better have a really good reason when they reveals who the UE really are.

I have got no problem with Titus being wrestler-based and i was pretty curious to see it in action. But the practicability of its weapons are at times questionable. I wonder about the alogrithms of the AGE system , basically how the hell did it come up with an answer like smashing the enemy with its fists when there isn't any beam weaponery on its fist or why didn't it consider beam-blades etc

Anyway im glad they expanded upon Largan's fight against Baqto(spelling error?) though it was very obvious the UE wasn't putting in any effort. And what a mystery at the end of the episode with Zedas in that factory. With only a few episodes left for this generation, i'm pretty curious as to how they will handle the characters like Yark, Woolf etc and relate them to the next gen. I get a feeling Woolf will be frozen in some kind of sleep and reawaken when Flit's son gets his gundam.

EDIT: The G-Exes was a tad cooler then Titus . Strange as it sounds, the coolest thing in this episode is Baqto's chest beam blades.
5/10
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 06:53   Link #24
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
Honestly i think this is the most pathetic episode among the 8 episodes. For an episode that's supposed to focus on fights, its fights are really pathetic. For starters , its freaking obvious that the UE ain't putting in any efforts. The writers better have a really good reason when they reveals who the UE really are.

I have got no problem with Titus being wrestler-based and i was pretty curious to see it in action. But the practicability of its weapons are at times questionable. I wonder about the alogrithms of the AGE system , basically how the hell did it come up with an answer like smashing the enemy with its fists when there isn't any beam weaponery on its fist or why didn't it consider beam-blades etc

Anyway im glad they expanded upon Largan's fight against Baqto(spelling error?) though it was very obvious the UE wasn't putting in any effort. And what a mystery at the end of the episode with Zedas in that factory. With only a few episodes left for this generation, i'm pretty curious as to how they will handle the characters like Yark, Woolf etc and relate them to the next gen. I get a feeling Woolf will be frozen in some kind of sleep and reawaken when Flit's son gets his gundam.

EDIT: The G-Exes was a tad cooler then Titus . Strange as it sounds, the coolest thing in this episode is Baqto's chest beam blades.
5/10
How hard is it to grasp the logic of placing beam weapons on the limbs to attack the UE? It was already explained that due to the ineffectiveness of beam rifles, such weapons (placed at strategic spots) were necessary to defeat the UE.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 07:00   Link #25
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
finallty explain on the refit to Titus
The way Wolfintroduce the G-Exes is like a marketing ploy lol & the finishing reminds so much of Exia?

overall 8/10
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 07:34   Link #26
KaiDamien
Sua-ve-ke-va

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
How hard is it to grasp the logic of placing beam weapons on the limbs to attack the UE? It was already explained that due to the ineffectiveness of beam rifles, such weapons (placed at strategic spots) were necessary to defeat the UE.
Umm i never state that i had any problems with the beam weapons on the limbs . I assume you replied because i mentioned about the 'practicability'. Allow me to elaborate, honestly i think there would better solutions to the lariat move.Like for example, placing beam blades(or whatever) at its fists . I'm not saying the beam rings are useless, but there are better choices for better locations to put weapons which would allow Titus to eliminate its enemies faster
KaiDamien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 07:39   Link #27
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiDamien View Post
The UE is probably just skirmishing and gathering data. We know that the UE have many mobile suits at their disposal. And besides, if they wanted to take out the colony, they would've simply just launched those purple missiles.

Quote:
I have got no problem with Titus being wrestler-based and i was pretty curious to see it in action. But the practicability of its weapons are at times questionable. I wonder about the alogrithms of the AGE system , basically how the hell did it come up with an answer like smashing the enemy with its fists when there isn't any beam weaponery on its fist or why didn't it consider beam-blades etc.
My guess is that the AGE system determined that ranged beam weaponry aren't very effective, and given Flit's poor marksmanship, it might be better to go melee. I for one thinks that it actually fits the character quite well. After all, Flit's a hands-on sort of guy.

Quote:
With only a few episodes left for this generation, i'm pretty curious as to how they will handle the characters like Yark, Woolf etc and relate them to the next gen.
My question is why did the UE destroy their fallen brethren in the first episode, but evidently has no qualms storing a fully-operational mobile suit at a well-known mechanic's shop. Unless, of course, the Yark isn't really UE.

Quote:
I get a feeling Woolf will be frozen in some kind of sleep and reawaken when Flit's son gets his gundam.
That would make a fun running gag.
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 08:00   Link #28
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

This episode had such a great action, man the UE stood no chance. 4 Baqtos all destroyed with ease. The G-Exes is one hell of a MS, can't wait to see it do more. Then there is this Yark Dole guy, nicknamed the "Dark Merchant" possessing blue prints thought to be long gone...how peculiar.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 08:03   Link #29
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Don't understand the logic behind Titus. I take that it's AGE Systems answer to Gundams inability to penetrate and destroy UE with a beamgun... following what was shown in the episodes flashback that is.

The UE enemy that didn't manage to fall under beamguns fire is a heavy armored type. If so, the proper answer to the problem would be not to change the whole unit to a blunt/heavy melee type of a unit but to simply add more agility/mobility and a corresponding weapon that'd be able to slash/pierce the the armor -> G-Exes.

It's nice to fight heavy with heavy but the battlefield isn't as ideal as in the AGE Gundam series where protagonists gets all the enemies to fight in a favorable manner. Have one of them take flight, have higher mobility units fight his heavy armored Gundam while flying.

Anyways, decent episode.

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Urei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-27, 08:10   Link #30
brightman
Ancient Member

The logic is to fight fire with fire - the Normal type got damaged pretty easily, so AGE System provided parts with enough armor and durability to match the Baqtos'. Its not like Flit is good enough of a pilot to pull off what Woolf did with the G-EXES, at least not yet.
Old 2011-11-27, 08:14   Link #31
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

So I take he is better at fighting in a much more advanced form of combat which is melee style?

True he is poor at shooting but that does not change the fact that the battlefield has high mobility enemies that can fly as well as a heavy armored unit. If there's any logic behind the AGE system reasoning, it'd be better to have Gundam pilot pick enemies off from a distance with a stronger weapon instead of making him a better target for units that have terrain superiority.

As I see it, Titus here is eye candy / toy maker dream unit for kids to purchase.

Old 2011-11-27, 08:29   Link #32
brightman
Ancient Member

Flit has been a far better melee combatant thus far than a ranged guy. Plus they are fighting in a colony and Flit was even initially hesitant on using the Dots Rifle due to the risk of damaging the colony structure, so a more powerful rifle isn't going to help in this case.
Old 2011-11-27, 08:34   Link #33
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

My answer to your statement - he is good enough at shooting to hit the heavy armor type UE with a rifle several times in previous episodes. The logic is still lacking.

Also, using Titus in this fight is impossible unless the plot is fixed at having ALL the enemies fighting the Titus on ground. As I said, incorporate logic and proper fighting without necessary plot settings and Titus is useless in this episode.

Old 2011-11-27, 08:40   Link #34
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
My answer to your statement - he is good enough at shooting to hit the heavy armor type UE with a rifle several times in previous episodes. The logic is still lacking.
He was good enough to shoot the Baqto twice with the Dots Rifle at point blank range. That was all he was willing to risk.

Again - Normal got damaged extremely easily, so the smart thing would NOT be for the AGE system to make a new rifle so Flit would be able to shoot at the Baqto at point-blank range again, because the both times that happened, the beam rifle got knocked away pretty easily, and the Gundam could easily get damaged again.

Quote:
Also, using Titus in this fight is impossible unless the plot is fixed at having ALL the enemies fighting the Titus on ground. As I said, incorporate logic and proper fighting without necessary plot settings and Titus is useless in this episode.
Its not like the Baqto has long range weapons that can hit mobile suits in the ground from high above. Their hand cannons are relatively short range, and the Gundam can easily jump to reach them when they are shooting from the air, as shown in Ep 7.
Old 2011-11-27, 08:43   Link #35
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
He was good enough to shoot the Baqto once at point blank range. That was all he was willing to risk.

Again - Normal got damaged extremely easily, so the smart thing would NOT be for the AGE system to make a new rifle so Flit would be able to shoot at the Baqto at point-blank range again, because the last time that happened, the beam rifle got knocked away pretty easily too, and the Gundam could easily get damaged again.

Its not like the Baqto has long range weapons that can hit mobile suits in the ground from high above. Their hand cannons are relatively short range, and the Gundam can easily jump to reach them when they are shooting from the air, as shown in Ep 7.
As I said before, the best course of action would be to produce a better slashing/piercing weapon and give the GUndam more mobility/agility to have superiority over slow Baqto AND other high mobility flying UE on the battlefield. Titus remains an illogical choice in this fight.

AGE system produced a unit that is good at fighting Baqto and other units on the battlefield, but with obviousl plot fixes.

Old 2011-11-27, 08:49   Link #36
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
As I said before, the best course of action would be to produce a better slashing/piercing weapon and give the GUndam more mobility/agility to have superiority over slow Baqto AND other high mobility flying UE on the battlefield. Titus remains an illogical choice in this fight.

AGE system produced a unit that is good at fighting Baqto and other units on the battlefield, but with obviousl plot fixes.
The AGE system creates parts using existing combat data, and so it created a part based on the Gundam's fights with the Baqto. The only other suit that Flit has not defeated so far is the Zedas, and Vargas already said that there was not enough data gathered for that one (not to mention the Zedas fight took place in a completely different environment so that combat data would not be useful for this fight). So the AGE system went with what it took for Flit to defeat the Baqto, which is heavy armor and a melee-oriented combat style.
Old 2011-11-27, 09:02   Link #37
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The AGE system creates parts using existing combat data, and so it created a part based on the Gundam's fights with the Baqto. The only other suit that Flit has not defeated so far is the Zedas, and its possible that not enough data has been gathered for that one. So the AGE system went with what it took for Flit to defeat the Baqto, not anything else.
If the AGE System does not take into consideration what enemy units the pilot is fighting but only the one type that the current MS configuration can't beat... and then changes the WHOLE MS spec contradicting the new Gundams ability to fight the earlier units, then that makes AGE System the most useless thing in this show.

Let me explain:

1.Gundam Spec A is able to kill UA Spec A
2.Gundam Spec A is unable to beat UA Spec B
3.Gundam Spec B is produced to kill UA Spec B
4.Gundam Spec B is inferior in this configuration to UA Spec A (terrain superiority, mobility/agility)
5.The battlefield features UE enemies of Spec A and Spec B

Conclusion - AGE System managed to create a setting to defeat Spec B but made the unit more susceptible to Spec A enemies -> decreased pilots chances of survival.

My reasoning still remains, unless the plot is fixed at having all enemies fighting Titus on ground in conditions favorable for Titus, the new configuration is pretty much useless and thus remains an eyecandy.

Old 2011-11-27, 09:08   Link #38
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
If the AGE System does not take into consideration what enemy units the pilot is fighting but only the one type that the current MS configuration can't beat... and then changes the WHOLE MS spec contradicting the new Gundams ability to fight the earlier units, then that makes AGE System the most useless thing in this show.

Let me explain:

1.Gundam Spec A is able to kill UA Spec A
2.Gundam Spec A is unable to beat UA Spec B
3.Gundam Spec B is produced to kill UA Spec B
4.Gundam Spec B is inferior in this configuration to UA Spec A (terrain superiority, mobility/agility)
5.The battlefield features UE enemies of Spec A and Spec B

Conclusion - AGE System managed to create a setting to defeat Spec B but made the unit more susceptible to Spec A enemies -> decreased pilots chances of survival.
Except that's wrong. Titus was able to kill the Gafrans easily too - even easier than when it had the Dots Rifle. The Gafrans could not damage the Titus with their ranged weapons at all due to its armor. And Gafrans and Baqtos are the only suits in the battlefield.

Quote:
My reasoning still remains, unless the plot is fixed at having all enemies fighting Titus on ground in conditions favorable for Titus, the new configuration is pretty much useless and thus remains an eyecandy.
Again, the Titus can jump to reach both the Gafrans and Baqtos. And even if it can't, the UE units can't damage it unless they go melee.
Old 2011-11-27, 09:15   Link #39
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Except that's wrong. Titus was able to kill the Gafrans easily too - even easier than when it had the Dots Rifle. The Gafrans could not damage the Titus with their ranged weapons at all due to its armor. And Gafrans and Baqtos are the only suits in the battlefield.

Again, the Titus can jump to reach both the Gafrans and Baqtos. And even if it can't, they can't damage it unless they go melee.
It was able to kill them easily BECAUSE it's fighting them in favorable conditions... which is an exceedingly obvious plot setting. Still, I would love to see it Hulk-jump at a range that exceeds the UA long range firing ability.

Also, I think you are forgetting the fact that enemies have this amazing ability to cluster on 1 target to cause severe damage... let's see, for example while flying out of it's reach? Then again, it's Gundam AGE and the cool factor is more important then logic / situational combat on battlefield that some other series spoiled us with.

@Realist_Classic That is actualy a very good argument. I respect it's value.

Old 2011-11-27, 09:16   Link #40
bio9205
Reborn

I'm surprised the Gafran and Baqto didn't think of using their more powerful beam rifle tails against the Titus when their beam gun palms were obviously uneffective.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion