AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 121 Rating
Perfect 10 9 15.52%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 13.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 22.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 31.03%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 10.34%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.72%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.45%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-30, 16:50   Link #41
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
I'm surprised we haven't seen any creative spoof sketches of Hysteria's awakened form, like last chapter with Cassie. Although some of those turned out being eerily accurate....
Old 2011-11-30, 16:58   Link #42
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post

But then if that is true, Teresa would have had wings too . And probably more Angelic wings.
Nah Teresa would probably be a reality marble, unlimited Leon the Professional Works.

I am the bone of my powerlevel
Cliche is my body and stereotypical badass is my blood
I have embodied over a thousand cliches
Unknown to Originality, Nor known to realistic breast proportions
Have withstood pain to create many fandoms
Yet, those hands will never hold originality
So as I pray, unlimited cliche works.

Old 2011-11-30, 17:01   Link #43
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Nah Teresa would probably be a reality marble, unlimited Leon the Professional Works.

I am the bone of my powerlevel
Cliche is my body and stereotypical badass is my blood
I have embodied over a thousand cliches
Unknown to Originality, Nor known to realistic breast proportions
Have withstood pain to create many fandoms
Yet, those hands will never hold originality
So as I pray, unlimited cliche works.

I don't get what you are trying to say.
Are you denying that Teresa was powerful or denying that she was a badass?
Because she was both very powerful and a badass.

Regardless, what you are trying to say is most likely irrelevant and/or belittling to Teresa.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-30, 17:02   Link #44
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore
Not to sound rude but that comment seems a little bias.

But then if that is true, Teresa would have had wings too . And probably more Angelic wings.
I'm telling it how it is - who else in the entire story has wings and can fly wherever they want too?

And I'm not talking about limited flight like super-jumping/"teleport" like Riful, or Anastasia etc...I mean true flight.....so far, just one person.

So I'm assuming it's an ability reserved only for the very very strongest, considering that, which, again, makes sense in how practical it is. Teresa I agree, would have it...though angelic wings? Not so sure -- she was more like the Devil for most of her life until Claire showed up and changed her slowly.... and Claire? With her life-long mission of revenge, I definitely imagined her with bat/demonic-wings rather then anything angelic.

I guess that's the contrast I think I'm going for/makes sense to me -- Priscilla looks like an angel who fell from above...Claire would look like a Demon rising to power -- Teresa...ehh, difficult but I guess I can understand how, later in life, she would come to look like that Avenging justice-seeking Angel.
Old 2011-11-30, 17:11   Link #45
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
I'm telling it how it is - who else in the entire story has wings and can fly wherever they want too?

And I'm not talking about limited flight like super-jumping/"teleport" like Riful, or Anastasia etc...I mean true flight.....so far, just one person.
That doesn't mean anything. It could just be her natural design. Like how Isley had arms that could transform into whatever her wanted. But that doesn't mean that, that ability is only for the most powerful. It is a strong Ability but it doesn't necessarily mean that no one weaker than him could have it. Or like Dauf and how he had really strong armor, That Yoki manipulating AB (lizard-turtle thing) in Pieta had strong armor but was a lot weaker than Dauf.
So wings are not for just for the super strong ABs. We just haven't seen it on anyone else, yet.

Quote:
I guess that's the contrast I think I'm going for/makes sense to me -- Priscilla looks like an angel who fell from above...Claire would look like a Demon rising to power -- Teresa...ehh, difficult but I guess I can understand how, later in life, she would come to look like that Avenging justice-seeking Angel.
Priscilla is the one who looks like a demon. I see Teresa having much more beautiful wings. And Clare, i actually don't see her with wings but if she did maybe they would look more angelic like Teresa's because she does have Teresa's blood in her after all.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-30, 17:24   Link #46
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
That doesn't mean anything. It could just be her natural design. Like how Isley had arms that could transform into whatever her wanted. But that doesn't mean that, that ability is only for the most powerful. It is a strong Ability but it doesn't necessarily mean that no one weaker than him could have it. Or like Dauf and how he had really strong armor, That Yoki manipulating AB (lizard-turtle thing) in Pieta had strong armor but was a lot weaker than Dauf. So wings are not for just for the super strong ABs. We just haven't seen it on anyone else, yet.
It wouldn't make sense if power had nothing to do with it - could you imagine Awakened Clarice having wings? (no offense to her )....and Awakened Beings are symbolic of the people so, considering how justice-seeking Priscilla was, it figures that she would look angelic in design....or rather, like a fallen-one considering she awakened (symbolic "corruption" I assume).

Isley was a master warrior all his life, so it figures he could warp his arm into any weaponry he wanted...Rigardo was a beast, so it figures he would look like the King of the Jungle....you see where I'm going?

Obviously their is alot more too it; a combination of reasons I imagine (their power, their techniques, even perhaps how they fancied themselves etc), with only imagination/symbolism being part of it, but it's nonetheless there. Again, we've seen only on single person in this entire story with true flight, and it just happens to be the most powerful being...can we really say that doesn't have something to do with it?

--

They are all monsters; awakening is a symobolic "corruption" so they are all going to look demonic at some level. Priscilla with her personality/stance in life, comes off to me as a ruined angel...if we're going by personality and life-history, it figures that Teresa would not look angelic, or at least, not in the purest sense (maybe a blood-red demonic looking angel....only toward the end of her life, when she changed for the better, would I see that it would become slightly more beautiful/heavenly)....Claire as well, we can see plainly from her partial-awakening that she isn't quite angelic, and if we're going by her history, again, she made her life's goal revenge....if the character's awakened form is related to them, what does that tell you?

Nevertheless, we are arguing asthetics, which is personal to a degree, so we're gonna see different things.
Old 2011-11-30, 17:35   Link #47
Nixl

I do not know if I agree with the correlation with power though Skieky. I do agree it is symbolic, but Jean appeared to have wings and while she was a single digit I do not think she was excessively powerful.
Old 2011-11-30, 17:37   Link #48
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I do not know if I agree with the correlation with power though Skieky. I do agree it is symbolic, but Jean appeared to have wings and while she was a single digit I do not think she was excessively powerful.
Hmmm.......Hmmm.....

You got me there, I honestly forgot about Jean >___<.

What is up with that anyway? I think I asked this at one point, but how is Jean related to a butterfly/moth? Is it because we just didn't know enough about her life?

She was so steadfast, yet butterflies are so gentle...is it because some people view them as being "pure", and Jean was ready to give her life onto Claire's? *shrug
Old 2011-11-30, 17:39   Link #49
Nixl

My guess was that Jean's form embodied gentleness or perhaps it was a reflection of being trapped and tortured in a dungeon, hence her form was something that could fly away.
Old 2011-11-30, 17:39   Link #50
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Actually i'm pretty sure that there was an AB with wings at Pieta. Ahh damn, that was only in the Anime.

But Nixl, that Jean thing was good, i had forgot about that. But i think that she was turning into a butterfly to represent her normally gentle and kind heart. Even as an AB she would be evil though, so it would sort of be contradictory.

"King's to you, Fernand"

Last edited by Claymore!; 2011-11-30 at 17:58.
Old 2011-11-30, 17:41   Link #51
Dark Night

I seem to remember, other than Priscilla, a few random yoma that could fly? Unless you guys are specifically talking about Awakened Beings. Jean had them, though I'm not sure those were really okay to fly with.

Either way, wings could be an indication of power, but there's really no proof of that. Just because Priscilla has them doesn't mean they are reserved for the most powerful beings.

Especially since almost all awakened forms seem to be unique; without any specific characteristic that apply to all of them. It could just be something in Priscilla's nature (again not necessarily her power level) that brings out the wings.

Edit: Ninja'd. Gotta learn to type faster.
Old 2011-11-30, 17:42   Link #52
Nixl

No you are right Claymore, out of the 3 male ABs that first attacked in the Pieta arc one of them was an insect that flew. If memory serves me right it was the one Helen, Jean, and Cynthia took out. It was the 3 scouting party ABs, the same patch that freaked Undine out. As for Jean, I think it is a matter of us only seeing about 3 pages of the form before she returns to normal.

edit: Yeah, the AB in chapter 53 also had insect wings.
Old 2011-11-30, 17:45   Link #53
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
I seem to remember, other than Priscilla, a few random yoma that could fly? Unless you guys are specifically talking about Awakened Beings. Jean had them, though I'm not sure those were really okay to fly with.

Either way, wings could be an indication of power, but there's really no proof of that. Just because Priscilla has them doesn't mean they are reserved for the most powerful beings.

Especially since almost all awakened forms seem to be unique; without any specific characteristic that apply to all of them. It could just be something in Priscilla's nature (again not necessarily her power level) that brings out the wings.
Thank you. that was exactly what i was trying to say
But you said it much better than i did, so I tip my hat to you, sir . (or Ma'am?)

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-30, 17:46   Link #54
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
My guess was that Jean's form embodied gentleness or perhaps it was a reflection of being trapped and tortured in a dungeon, hence her form was something that could fly away.
Heeeeeyy, that makes sense - didn't the wings on her Awakened form have chains on them, if I recall?

Perhaps state-of-mind/symoblic reflection/etc has more to do with how they look they I thought -- It's like I said in how, how they turn out, is a symbolic representation of how perhaps they imagine themselves and/or truly are, but with that darker twist considering they are awakening.

After all, their are no butterflies or such creatures that look as corrupted and tortured as how Jean looked like...her current state/state-of-mind/awakening represented that.

This conversation is getting interesting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore!
Even if as an AB she would be evil though, so it would sort of be contradictory.
Oh let's not get into that now
Old 2011-11-30, 17:49   Link #55
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
No you are right Claymore, out of the 3 male ABs that first attacked in the Pieta arc one of them was an insect that flew. If memory serves me right it was the one Helen, Jean, and Cynthia took out. It was the 3 scouting party ABs, the same patch that freaked Undine out. As for Jean, I think it is a matter of us only seeing about 3 pages of the form before she returns to normal.

edit: Yeah, the AB in chapter 53 also had insect wings.
Yeah that one too, but the one that was only in the Anime was a flying AB that was one of the first to attack in the invasion of Pieta. Not the scouting party. The flying AB cut a claymore in half and then flew away. I think it had 3 eyes or something. But it was only in the Anime.

Around 0:55 seconds the AB i was talking about.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-30, 18:46   Link #56
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post

So I'm assuming it's an ability reserved only for the very very strongest, considering that, which, again, makes sense in how practical it is. Teresa I agree, would have it...though angelic wings? Not so sure -- she was more like the Devil for most of her life until Claire showed up and changed her slowly.... and Claire? With her life-long mission of revenge, I definitely imagined her with bat/demonic-wings rather then anything angelic.

Well their was that AB who Claire, Cynthia and Yuma killed before running into Rubel. She had to ditch her lower body first though. Though with her and Agatha, it does seem like some AB's can switch their forms if they need to.

So if Priss is a fallen angel would Teresa be a devil of justice?
Old 2011-11-30, 18:55   Link #57
Arlenis
Of Lights

If what the warrior thinks of themselves as matters, then Hysteria would awaken into an elegant bitch. I think many factors go into awakening and the strength of the being upon awakening, and no wings do not symbolize any gap in power. Claymore!, those pictures you posted of Hysteria's Hellish Elegance and your old drawing of Miria were truly frightening to my eyeballs! I truly hope my poor Hysteria doesn't turn into a wretch...for I will have to abandon her if she does....and pray for her early demise. *Gulp*

I was thinking........ Since Isley was so damned fast, even more so than Rigardo who was WELL known for speed, wouldn't it make sense that Hysteria's form be some version of a Golden Hind?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/o0vivi0...aves-hevisano/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/myonelo...sano/lightbox/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/myonelo...aves-hevisano/

Possibly with wings!!!
Old 2011-11-30, 18:59   Link #58
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Well they weren't my pictures, i didn't draw them. But the one about Miria is th eone that i find to be the most logical for Hysteria. Her AB body needs to be built for intense speed. And those legs would be perfect for that sort of thing.

And sure why not with wings too
Wings would be sort of interesting on Hysteria.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-11-30, 19:11   Link #59
Dark Night

I wanted to ask, is a praying mantis fast? You could argue that it has some kind of weird elegance going for it, but I'm in the dark about speed.

If there's one trait Hysteria could carry over into her awakened form it should be speed. If that's indeed the case, even raising her yoki output to the point of awakening shouldn't be enough for Miria to match an Abyssal One.
Old 2011-11-30, 19:14   Link #60
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Night View Post
If there's one trait Hysteria could carry over into her awakened form it should be speed. If that's indeed the case, even raising her yoki output to the point of awakening shouldn't be enough for Miria to match an Abyssal One.
Certainly not. Miria is strong but she is no match for an AO level opponent by herself. And Hysteria will be very a strong AB. Even if Miria completely awakened she would still be no match for Hysteria.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Closed Thread