AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 8 13.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 27.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 14.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 9.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.64%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-09, 23:19   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Little Busters - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Little Busters, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-11-10, 00:02   Link #2
Serphirs

Episode 6
Script: Michiru Shimada
Storyboard: Yoshiki Yamakawa
Episode director: 岡本正弘 (there are no info in ANN)
Animation director: Yuuko Yoshida , Kyoko Kametani , Hiromitsu Hagiwara

Thanks for the info, totoum.

3 AD this week. That's a lot.
Yuuko Yoshida it seems works outdoor from the studio. She worked in a lot of P.A Works proyects, between them CANNAN, Hana Saku Iroha, Another and Tari Tari.
Kyoko Kametani is in-house, one of the main animator directors of Shana final (about six chapters) and she did key animations of Okami-san's opening. (Very good IMO)
Hiromitsu Hagiwara another good in-house animator, he did part of the key animations of Nodame Cantabile Finale's opening.

Some serious staff this week. And by the preview, and the frames up there, looks really good, neatly done.
Old 2012-11-10, 00:16   Link #3
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

OMG, that looks awesome. I am ready, take me now.
Old 2012-11-10, 14:02   Link #4
elior

i watched the episode and they done this pretty well
Old 2012-11-10, 15:22   Link #5
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Having Komari's route done here is just anachronic in my eyes. Really, introducing the LB as a whole was the obvious choice for the adaptation, so I won't question it otherwise it would be a terrible out of character moment for them to not care about Komari.
The problem is how the episode feels "off" with people helping each other despite interactions with each other was limited to the strict minimum, so having Riki saying "we are the little busters" is just wrong imho so heh. That was even moreso with Rin, who was terrible with strangers in a very obvious way, and with only 2-3 interactions with Komari, it turns out she can react so strongly already. Absolutely too early.

In term of direction, the episode had a very bad exposure for Komari's snapped state: having the flashback dump with Komari showing up so little hardly give a good grasp and mood of the distress. I think they should probably have spanned Komari's arc over 3 episodes, having more breather and scenes with Komari in her vegetative state. I might sound a tad too critical here, but frankly, Komari's broken state looked like a very short "bad period" instead of really an overwhelming trauma (few instances like having her aimlessly sitting on her classroom seat, etc would drive the point).
Old 2012-11-10, 16:02   Link #6
tsunade666

A good episode for me though its kinda short or rushed but well.... I don't know on how long they plan to do this but from what I head they planned to do it 2 cour and a surprised at the ending and they said they will get all routes done. That alone gives me bad feeling on how they will handle each arc. Right now on episode 06 with Komari's arc ended might be good and all (crappy drawing Riki ) its kinda ...well I at least feel emotion on this episode than the past one but when Rin is asking for help on the others like Haruka and Kud and they also show the dorm manager of the girls dorm. Well they aren't introduce or shown much yet. Heck we don't know yet the connection between Kud and Rin (or did I miss that one already?) it just felt...... well out of place or character if I'm being analytically here but just enjoying the episode itself. I'm fine with it. I watched the episode twice. First just to enjoy it and second to digest it and I'm totally fine on how they do it at first watched but having second thought on the second one. But initial impression. Masato you're really a bro and understand what's happening fast Its also nice to see the caring side of the other characters towards Komari (though the baseball was really set aside completely) Its also nice to see Komari smile at the end. She fits better smiling than having hollow eyes.
Old 2012-11-10, 19:19   Link #7
Humble Loser
Spineless Main Character

Naka power squared - deep lessons in life to the max. And I liked it. This show seemingly adds a little more each time.
Old 2012-11-10, 21:25   Link #8
matrixhazard

For me, if you never read VN, this episode is excellent. Maybe some scene I believe it can be better and more emotional even the story didn't go for romance. I give a good thump to this episode how the anime connects Riki's word to Komari that try to related to his past.

After watching Komari's arc, I give overall 7/10 for the adaption. Since this adaption can keep most of thing and adjust something really good in my opinion. But some scene still could be done better, and some scene are still annoying me. Nevertheless, J.C. can pass my expectation on the first heroine arc. I hope they can stick with this in other arcs too.

By the way, next eps Kanata is debut!!

Last edited by matrixhazard; 2012-11-10 at 21:38.
Old 2012-11-10, 21:34   Link #9
flack

This episode gave me the most unnatural/cheesy/overuse and spam of OST/ drama I have seen yet. As someone already mentioned, the most unnatural (also cliched) way for a group of friends to interact.

Also why the he'll did Masato cry and say "I'm an idiot I don't know what to do?" and in a girly fashion. Jeez That just looks complete retard...The way they are depicting Masato is really pissing me off.

Also it seems like most of the anime only viewers dropped this.
Old 2012-11-10, 21:45   Link #10
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

This episode (and anime Komari's route in general) made me want to punch a puppy.

That is all, good day.
Old 2012-11-11, 00:29   Link #11
novalysis

The VA killed the Komari route. It turned from watchable to nearly unbearable because of the horrible voice acting.
Old 2012-11-11, 00:32   Link #12
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

I will never understand Jun Maeda's brand of drama.. everything feel artificial, dropped.
Old 2012-11-11, 00:38   Link #13
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
I will never understand Jun Maeda's brand of drama.. everything feel artificial, dropped.
Jun Maeda did not write Komari's story, Yūto Tonokawa did.
Old 2012-11-11, 02:10   Link #14
hussien-11

A touching episode, the best one yet : )
I liked how everyone helped Komari, especially Riki and Rin
as an anime-only viewer, I didn't feel that this was rushed or anything, maybe a bit forced ( as all of key's works in my opinion ), but very good and emotional
good job J.C Stuff
anyway, in the end I think I will like Little Busters more than Clannad, I do reeeeally like the friendship theme.
Old 2012-11-11, 02:34   Link #15
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

As a VN reader, I uh, have no idea what to think. I'm baffled by this episode, and feeling rather emotionless, when I know I should be feeling a lot more. I don't know whether it's just me or the show, maybe it's me from already being spoiled by the VN I'm thinking... so I tried to imagine myself as an anime only viewer and whether I'd find this episode truly absorbing and emotional or just lame, and I don't know which it is. Ultimately I am a VN reader though and I must say it wasn't as impactful as I had hoped, so I guess I must side with those who are a little disappointed, maybe it's just my mood or what? It just doesn't seem like Riki's frustration and worrying is quite getting across. Komari's plight seems kind of trite? It seems like it should be a big deal, but I'm not feeling it, probably not such a great presentation then. Maybe it's better for anime only viewers, I used to think the climax of every arc in the Kyoani animes were amazing. Once all the episodes are out, I'm going to marathon this, maybe their style and what their trying to do will come across better at that time.

Last edited by Ceral; 2012-11-11 at 02:55.
Old 2012-11-11, 02:54   Link #16
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
As an anime-only viewer, I thought that was pretty good.

I wasn't moved to tears, but I was moved. Specifically, I was moved by the "ultimate bros" camaraderie of the Little Busters. That was genuinely heartwarming to behold.

So here I have to disagree with Klashikari. I honestly think that having these guys go all-out for somebody who only very recently joined the Little Busters shows what a great bunch of guys (and gals) these people are. It shows how quickly they accept people, and how seriously they take friendship.

That being said, the emotional impact here is a little less than it could have been due to how quickly we moved through Komari's arc. I don't know if 3 episodes (2 and a half, really) was enough to truly capture all of the emotional poignancy of this story.

Nonetheless, it's effective in the grander scheme - It shows how Riki can really rise to the challenge when he needs to, and it reminds us once more of the simple yet profoundly effective inspirational leadership of Kyousuke. Kyousuke/Riki is truly starting to make me think of a more realistic version of Kamina/Simon, and that's awesome.

At an artistic/animation level, I liked how they handled the heavy, heavy rain. Nothing else stood out in particular, though.

On a purely personal note, the beautiful yuri relationship between Komari and Rin continues to please me greatly. Honestly, I don't think I could write a better blossoming yuri relationship myself, and to think, this is probably unintentional on the anime's part, lol.
Old 2012-11-11, 04:10   Link #17
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Major Plot-related Rain is major plot-related. :O

They should have extended the episode count to 4. That way, there's no rush in her route. It felt undoubtedly rushed, really. Plus, the direction was all over the place. Still though, I felt 0.5x moved as the VN. The VN route made me cry. T.T

Also, Alicemagic Special ED used. Checklist check.
Old 2012-11-11, 04:19   Link #18
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceral View Post
As a VN reader, I uh, have no idea what to think. I'm baffled by this episode, and feeling rather emotionless, when I know I should be feeling a lot more. I don't know whether it's just me or the show, maybe it's me from already being spoiled by the VN I'm thinking... so I tried to imagine myself as an anime only viewer and whether I'd find this episode truly absorbing and emotional or just lame, and I don't know which it is. Ultimately I am a VN reader though and I must say it wasn't as impactful as I had hoped, so I guess I must side with those who are a little disappointed, maybe it's just my mood or what? It just doesn't seem like Riki's frustration and worrying is quite getting across. Komari's plight seems kind of trite? It seems like it should be a big deal, but I'm not feeling it
I felt the same way about both versions of the story.......ineffective and artificial, with the writer trying to create melodrama without a good reason. Once again, the anime was a slight improvement for me, simply because it was more compact.

Perhaps the original was more effective for you because of the narrator's introspection, which can be a tool to manipulate the feelings of the reader. Nevertheless, Komari's plight (along with Riki's solution) remains the same. The anime presents it as it always was, albeit with less time to sway the viewer.
Old 2012-11-11, 05:44   Link #19
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I guess anime-only viewer really got advantage here...

for me personally, I love this arc...
it's simple though... only about someone who can't accept death and running away from it (it's about how she can reset her memories by persuading herself that it's only a bad dream)
simple case... but it messed up because of her way to run away from it

Riki's solution makes me laugh a lot! I never expect he will only draw one page for the picture book... one picture and it solved with Nakama power! It's not a very good one because just imagine if one day Little Busters won't be able to be with her... She will revert to her old self again (but I guess it won't matter so much in this anime)

letting her to continue the story is indeed beautiful...

I like how they show how Rin mustered up her courage to talk to a lot of people (Rin and Kud in one episode? okay! I'm satisfied)
now, let's move to the next arc I guess...

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-11-11 at 13:13. Reason: Too much of a hint about the next story arc.
Old 2012-11-11, 06:46   Link #20
Lukeman1884

From the perspective of someone with no LN experience, this episode just felt kinda awkward and rushed. I've always had issues with animes which present a character with a lifelong problem, then solve it in the space of a single episode with a pep-talk (Or a single picture of some poultry).

And as for Riki's "solution", it seems to me like all he's doing is making her dependent on their group of friends, and that's gonna set her up for a massive mental breakdown if something happens to them. The Little Busters aren't gonna be together forever, and at this stage, something tells me she won't be able to handle that eventuality.

Also, seriously? It took him all night to do THAT? I haven't even drawn a picture since middle school, and I'm pretty sure drawing some chicks with hair wouldn't even take 30 minutes.
Closed Thread