AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2014-01-07, 20:38   Link #4381
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javiersansano View Post
I believe progressive 1 got licensed, explaining why bakatsuki no longer hosts it. As for vol. 2, Bakatsuki hasn't taken it up, and I don't know about other translation team
bakatsuki just in a progress of taking down all material once licensing of a series begin. Usually in Taiwan/Mainland china, publisher get license and announce them by a few volume each time instead of really the whole series altogether. For instance, Taiwan publisher of SAO had published 11 volume of SAO and only obtained SAO 13 license toward the end of September (which is quite fast..) and still hadn't get the SAO Progressive's license.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 05:41   Link #4382
Javiersansano

I don't know if it was my mistake or lack of description by some people within the thread, but after reading vol. 13, I finally understood Eugeo and his reasoning for allowing himself to falter.

Spoiler for webnovel content:
Javiersansano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 11:58   Link #4383
daedalron

Quote:
I don't know if it was my mistake or lack of description by some people within the thread, but after reading vol. 13, I finally understood Eugeo and his reasoning for allowing himself to falter.

On accel world:
Spoiler:
daedalron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 15:26   Link #4384
c933103
FTNR

Quote:

Spoiler for web content:
Old 2014-01-21, 18:16   Link #4385
AP24

As of vol 13, how far is Alicization's LN version in terms of percentage by comparing it to the web version?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 02:27   Link #4386
Rageth
Certified Degenerate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
As of vol 13, how far is Alicization's LN version in terms of percentage by comparing it to the web version?
Well, at one point, I tried measuring this, by getting the web novel, and comparing how far the Novel is, relatively, and then measuring the amount of text on either side of this point

I came to the conclusion we are ABOUT half-way.
However, there has been a lot of content changes, including some content removal and additions. Most of Volume 10 is not in the Web Novel, and from what I hear, there's a large piece of the Web Novel that's missing from the Light Novel.

So you can reason we may be about half-way through, (assuming Reki makes the story as long as it was in the Web Novel, or something close.)
Rageth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-22, 02:54   Link #4387
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rageth View Post
Well, at one point, I tried measuring this, by getting the web novel, and comparing how far the Novel is, relatively, and then measuring the amount of text on either side of this point

I came to the conclusion we are ABOUT half-way.
However, there has been a lot of content changes, including some content removal and additions. Most of Volume 10 is not in the Web Novel, and from what I hear, there's a large piece of the Web Novel that's missing from the Light Novel.

So you can reason we may be about half-way through, (assuming Reki makes the story as long as it was in the Web Novel, or something close.)
You mean like 50-60%? 5 volumes only covered this much!? So the LN still needs at least 3, probably 4 or maybe up to 5 more volumes to finish Alicization arc. It's going to take a whole year (about 50 episodes) for the anime to cover 8-10 volumes of this series if they decide to animate Alicization arc.
Old 2014-01-22, 03:30   Link #4388
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
the end of volume 13 is apoximately at the middle part of web version chapter 7. All the web alicization sum up together have 8 chapters plus a few non-chapter parts. But it should be noted that chapter 7 is 40% larger than chapter 1-6 summed up together, and chapter 8 is larger than chapter 7. Also, chapter 6 still hadn't published. But there're also something in the puiublished version of the book that does not include in web version. for example, interlude IV

Personally I'm expecting 5-8 more volume to go.

Last edited by c933103; 2014-01-22 at 03:46.
Old 2014-01-22, 08:35   Link #4389
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by c933103 View Post
the end of volume 13 is apoximately at the middle part of web version chapter 7. All the web alicization sum up together have 8 chapters plus a few non-chapter parts. But it should be noted that chapter 7 is 40% larger than chapter 1-6 summed up together, and chapter 8 is larger than chapter 7. Also, chapter 6 still hadn't published. But there're also something in the puiublished version of the book that does not include in web version. for example, interlude IV

Personally I'm expecting 5-8 more volume to go.
I think you're right. Even if vol 14 will be the last one to cover WEB chapter 7, it takes at least 3 volumes to cover chapter 7. So WEB chapter 8 should take at least 4 volumes to cover it. Which means there are still at least 5 more LN volumes for Alicization arc. I heard the author once said Alicization would finish by vol 15 but I guess he miscalculated.

So the Alicization arc will probably be at least 10 volumes long. If they do 5 episodes per volume it's going to take a whole year for the anime to cover the entire Alicization arc.
Old 2014-01-22, 11:40   Link #4390
tomtkp

Quote:
I think you're right. Even if vol 14 will be the last one to cover WEB chapter 7, it takes at least 3 volumes to cover chapter 7. So WEB chapter 8 should take at least 4 volumes to cover it. Which means there are still at least 5 more LN volumes for Alicization arc. I heard the author once said Alicization would finish by vol 15 but I guess he miscalculated.

So the Alicization arc will probably be at least 10 volumes long. If they do 5 episodes per volume it's going to take a whole year for the anime to cover the entire Alicization arc.
I thought Kawahara didn't mentioned anything about Alicization arc ending by which volume?

If the anime does cover this arc in the future, I don't think the anime production team will head for a direct 4-cours (50+ episodes). Split 4-cours (2+2) might be possible.
Old 2014-01-25, 12:42   Link #4391
Huulda

In the sword art online extra edition kirito got text messages from the girls while he was with kikuoka. What did the texts say? They were in Japanese so I was unable to read them
Huulda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 18:57   Link #4392
wakbob

Sorta new to this forum only to ask this question really. I haven't read the web series yet, but after Alicization Arc. What happens to Kirito after that?
wakbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 19:36   Link #4393
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakbob View Post
Sorta new to this forum only to ask this question really. I haven't read the web series yet, but after Alicization Arc. What happens to Kirito after that?
After Alicization, SAO as a Web Serial ended since it got green-lighted into being published as a Light Novel series. There's still a few plotpoints left unresolved at the end of WEB version, like whether Johnny Black was ever captured after the attempted murder on Kirito that led to Kirito being sent into UW.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-25, 19:50   Link #4394
wakbob

So I guess no one knows what happens to Kirito and Asuna :/ Well when is Volume 14 coming out btw?
Old 2014-01-26, 05:07   Link #4395
wakbob

@Flere in the SAO web version summary links do you either have a full summary of Chapter 8 or at least links of Chapter 8 part 1 - 24
Old 2014-01-26, 16:40   Link #4396
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
@Flere in the SAO web version summary links do you either have a full summary of Chapter 8 or at least links of Chapter 8 part 1 - 24
Is it not in the link in my sig?
Old 2014-01-27, 04:40   Link #4397
wakbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Is it not in the link in my sig?
Nope it only gives the ending half of 8.

Not Parts 1-24
Old 2014-01-27, 09:51   Link #4398
jpwong

Quote:

Not Parts 1-24
IIRC the translators on the other side skipped a chunk of the web novel mainly because it was just fighting and nothing of particular importance to the plot, possible that's what that missing section is.
Old 2014-01-27, 10:42   Link #4399
wakbob

I still want to read the Chapter 7 - 8 fully
Old 2014-01-27, 17:55   Link #4400
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:

Not Parts 1-24
No, the entirety of Ch8 is there. The parts there was referring to the entirety of Alicization, with the parts continuing counting even though the chapter itself have ended. For example, "Ch8 pt24" was referring to "part 24 of the entirety of Alicization, but belongs to chapter 8 segment".

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality