AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: My-Otome Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 77 37.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 65 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 35 17.07%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 7.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 3.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.95%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.49%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 205. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-15, 11:33   Link #361
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Nina goes berserk, without listening to reason. Again. Miyu can kill her off for all I care.
Old 2006-03-15, 12:54   Link #362
Kigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
The only way this would work, is if it was a one-way crush on Mai's part, or Sergay considered her one of his early flirt targets and moved on pretty quickly.

We have to take into account that Sergay never really thought about Mai in any of his flashbacks, nor have any Mai's pictures been stashed away for Nina to find like Rena's was.

...There is also a possibility that the "legend" concerning Mai was false, and that she vanished for a completely different reason. The people who recorded the event could have either decided with inadequate evidence that she vanished for love, or that the truth was a conspiracy they tried to hide in some way.
It'd be kinda funny if Sergay had a twin brother... Tate or a brother in general xD. Besides that I agree with what you said, the possiblity of Sergay having feelings for Mai is quite small. The smallest indication of Mai by Sergay is keychain that he dropped during the meeting in episode 16 (I think it was 16). That' even if it was meant to be a symbol of Mai.
Old 2006-03-15, 15:41   Link #363
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
The only way this would work, is if it was a one-way crush on Mai's part, or Sergay considered her one of his early flirt targets and moved on pretty quickly.

We have to take into account that Sergay never really thought about Mai in any of his flashbacks, nor have any Mai's pictures been stashed away for Nina to find like Rena's was.

...There is also a possibility that the "legend" concerning Mai was false, and that she vanished for a completely different reason. The people who recorded the event could have either decided with inadequate evidence that she vanished for love, or that the truth was a conspiracy they tried to hide in some way.

I don't think it was false for the simple fact of Natsuki's reaction to Takumi asking about the Fire String Ruby and her being torn between duty and love. That was genuine shock, that and the scene after where she digs out the picture of her old Coral Star class with Mai in it, and when she asks Takumi if she's Mai's little brother... those points hint at the validity of her disappearing because of a relationship. Besides, it would fit in with Mai's personality overall. ^^;

And from Sergay not thinking of Mai at all...even if he did, would it show on his face? Did anyone even know that Sergay was aware of Nina's feelings for him? I couldn't tell from looking at him at all. I admit, if a flashback would have popped up when he spied Akane and Kazuya at the beach that one time, it would have made perfect sense and put the cornerstone in the theory, but it didn't happen. (damn you Sunrise!) But I have to throw this out, even if it is a longshot - he tripped the idiot who tried to run after and stop Akane when she was running out of her Meister coronation. Natsuki could have stopped it if she wanted to as well, but she didn't either, and aside from her 'oh, what the hell' look, she let it go. Could it have tie-ins to Mai? Slightly - I'll give it a 15% chance at best that the reasons Natsuki didn't do anything to stop Akane and Sergay tripping the dignitary was in relation to their past relationships involving Mai.

The keychain might have something to do with Mai but I think a bigger one is that damn scarf he's always got on.
Old 2006-03-15, 15:49   Link #364
StellarL

There was something weird about nina when she appeared where arika was...
wat was the thing that was glowing on her
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...yluva/nina.jpg
Old 2006-03-15, 16:10   Link #365
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellarL
There was something weird about nina when she appeared where arika was...
wat was the thing that was glowing on her
Perhaps the effect of the Harmonium teleporting...

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-03-16, 02:55   Link #366
xenoalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
No It is not. Everything is still up in the air. Hopefully we will know in Ep23 as that seems to focus on Arika and her background. With Miyu maybe she will answer a few questions. Miyu I think is the only one who really knows who Arika is.

I do wonder how she knew Schwartz is using Rena as the new gem maker.
I thought that Nina being the princess is confirmed. She already operated the Harmonium as both the conductor(princess) and protector(otome).
Old 2006-03-16, 03:20   Link #367
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoalpha
I thought that Nina being the princess is confirmed. She already operated the Harmonium as both the conductor(princess) and protector(otome).
Thats about as much confirmation as the old lady saying that the person possessing the pendent is the real princess. Which is, well, non?

And I dont remember it being mentioned that the real princess = conductor?
Old 2006-03-16, 10:48   Link #368
xenoalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
Thats about as much confirmation as the old lady saying that the person possessing the pendent is the real princess. Which is, well, non?

And I dont remember it being mentioned that the real princess = conductor?
The old lady may be mistaken or the pendant may get misplaced after that incident but the Harmonium cannot be wrong in determining who is the real princess will it?

I believe the real princess is conductor since its is one of the three things needed for Harmonium and protector is implied to be otome in ep22. Also when Arika stepped on the stairs of Harmonium, Mikoto said 'not enough' and states the three things needed. Its because Arika knows the song, is an otome but not a princess--- not being the conductor. The proof is that only two lights of the Harmonium were up compared to Nina's case where all were up.
Old 2006-03-16, 11:25   Link #369
Seska

Quote:
Its because Arika knows the song, is an otome but not a princess--- not being the conductor. The proof is that only two lights of the Harmonium were up compared to Nina's case where all were up.
Error: Arika only know 1 stanza of the Song.... (Episode when she gets used to the nanomaschines)...

And the other things... Blame Sunrise for it, not the community, why Nina has the power to use the Harmonium....

Well, with help from Schwarz and Nagi, they have the full song now, even the 4th stanza... Yes, 4 stanza. where they get it from, dont know.... Nina says it.

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-03-16, 12:26   Link #370
xenoalpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seska
Error: Arika only know 1 stanza of the Song.... (Episode when she gets used to the nanomaschines)...

And the other things... Blame Sunrise for it, not the community, why Nina has the power to use the Harmonium....

Well, with help from Schwarz and Nagi, they have the full song now, even the 4th stanza... Yes, 4 stanza. where they get it from, dont know.... Nina says it.

Mfg,
Seska
Yeah, Arika only knew that much but Nina didn't know the full song too. Maybe the full song is not needed to open Harmonium? Anyway, it is weird how Nina said that she have never heard those lyrics before and yet can identify it as the fourth stanza. Maybe the song is inherited? But assuming Nagi is correct, Mashiro will know the song even if she is not the princess.

A lot is left unexplained about the Harmonium(as of Ep22), like why is the song playing at its fourth stanza and why must the Windbloom's princess be needed specifically. And i wonder if Nagi know about the stanzas? Since he said that Arika and Mashiro is unneeded if the song is real and they know different stanzas. Or maybe, which/the lyrics/stanzas are not crucial to operate the Harmonium at all but rather the tune, since only a conductor is needed, not a performer who sings and plays but doesn't a song have both tune and lyrics? Moreover, judging from how Nagi narrates Nina's operation of Harmonium and his reaction when Mashiro hit a key of Harmonium, he may know very much about it or he may have witnessed it being operated before(maybe this is the reason why its at 4th stanza therefore having the full song, or is the fourth stanza even the last one?) . If so, then it corroborates the unimportance of the stanzas. Of course all of the above are just surmises

Last edited by xenoalpha; 2006-03-16 at 13:15.
Old 2006-03-16, 12:52   Link #371
Seska

Quote:
Perhaps the Key what effect the Harmonium has, is the line in what the stanzas are played? Perhaps 1,2,3,4 = Big Boom. 2,3,1,4 = Big Heal and so on....

Mfg,
Seska
Old 2006-03-16, 15:46   Link #372
StellarL

Quote:
Yeah, Arika only knew that much but Nina didn't know the full song too. Maybe the full song is not needed to open Harmonium? Anyway, it is weird how Nina said that she have never heard those lyrics before and yet can identify it as the fourth stanza. Maybe the song is inherited? But assuming Nagi is correct, Mashiro will know the song even if she is not the princess.
I think the fourth stanza plays when u know all 3 verses which each of the 3 have.
Nina knows all three, she knows her own, mashiro's(from aoi) and arika since arika and erstin was singin it in one of the epi.
Old 2006-03-16, 18:43   Link #373
molitar

Again why does it have to be Nina since 3 lights lit up? I think the lights each represent one of the elements. Protector, Conductor, and what was the other again? I forget. So two of the lights lit up when both Princess Mashimaro and Arika touched the harmonium. Now Nina touching it finished the requirements for it to open she would of been the third component hence allowing all lights to light up. But now their is 3 seats at the harmonium so I don't believe it's enough to just know the stanza's if it was their would of been no need for 3 seats at the harmonium. 3 Seats for the full power of the Harmonium which would be a check against just anyone using it but the 3 in full cooperation just like a missle silo requires two keys both turned at the same time to activate.
Old 2006-03-16, 20:33   Link #374
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar
Again why does it have to be Nina since 3 lights lit up? I think the lights each represent one of the elements. Protector, Conductor, and what was the other again? I forget. So two of the lights lit up when both Princess Mashimaro and Arika touched the harmonium. Now Nina touching it finished the requirements for it to open she would of been the third component hence allowing all lights to light up. But now their is 3 seats at the harmonium so I don't believe it's enough to just know the stanza's if it was their would of been no need for 3 seats at the harmonium. 3 Seats for the full power of the Harmonium which would be a check against just anyone using it but the 3 in full cooperation just like a missle silo requires two keys both turned at the same time to activate.
That just means that the Harmonium is still not acting on full power. It's just going with just Nina at the controls, imagine when Arika and Mashiro sit down with her. Knowing Sunrise, that's when they'll end the series right when they start singing...
Closed Thread