AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Rumble

Notices

View Poll Results: SR Second Term Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 4 12.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 15.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 31.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 6.25%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-02, 17:20   Link #1
Catgirls
I am mowing clowns

Second Term Episode 13 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode of School Rumble Second Term. In the future we'll try and create the thread before each weekend ready for when the episode airs.

While none of the School Rumble anime series have been licensed yet, they are produced by MFI, therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are no longer allowed in this forum.
  • Asking where you can find School Rumble downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing School Rumble fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading School Rumble.
  • Asking for playback help for School Rumble episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

This restriction applies to
  • School Rumble (first series)
  • School Rumble OVA
  • School Rumble (second series)

School Rumble manga has also been licensed by Del Rey.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs either.
  • Try to keep manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Please use the Report button if you see any unmarked spoilers or other problems.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Episode 2]Wait, does the Bloody Mary Faction mean what I think it means[/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Episode 2:
Old 2006-07-02, 20:39   Link #2
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler:

Last edited by hi no ken Jebus; 2006-07-02 at 21:08.
Old 2006-07-03, 06:43   Link #3
oDin01

Second week in a row I voted a 1. As much as a fan I am of School Rumble the past few weeks episodes have been painful to watch. I don't know what it is the lack of Harima x Eri x Yakumo except for some bits or the anime feeling rushed from the beginning but I just don't get the same feeling like watching the first season.
Old 2006-07-03, 16:11   Link #4
Freeter
beyond

So-so ep, Harima getting weirded out and scolded by Itoko was funny though.

Best part was at the end. Akira = instant win
Old 2006-07-03, 16:25   Link #5
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
have they changed the format again? i dnt like the 3 stories in 1 eps format last week was much more fluent...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-07-04, 13:24   Link #6
Swampstorm
Lovestruck Fool
*Fansubber

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by oDin01
Second week in a row I voted a 1. As much as a fan I am of School Rumble the past few weeks episodes have been painful to watch. I don't know what it is the lack of Harima x Eri x Yakumo except for some bits or the anime feeling rushed from the beginning but I just don't get the same feeling like watching the first season.
We're entering into V.12 material now, so it should start to pick up again, soon enough. I've never much cared for the material that runs between the last couple of eps. of S1 to present. It'll get much, much better from here.
Old 2006-07-04, 13:54   Link #7
wombatlord
All Wombats Shall Bow

Akira the boxer made me laugh hysterically. Especially the whole bobbing back and forth routine.
Old 2006-07-04, 16:52   Link #8
xeshiro
WTB Sukuran Wallscrolls

!

Hrm, I'm probably mistaken, but isn't the new ED or OP (Can't remember which) supposed to be in ep 13, or was it 14? (The new ed/op was supposed to be sung by the Tsukamoto sisters)
Old 2006-07-04, 20:52   Link #9
Anime Online

I quite enjoyed this episode. The comedy just seems to pick up in this one. The following parts are my favorites for this episode:

(1) Harima plagued by the retaining-sensei.
(2) Tenma's desperate studying for the term papers.
(3) Eri-chan/Mikoto-chan/Tenma-chan's commentary on Mikoto's date with Asou. It's quite funny seeing her trying to present a more favorable image to Asou.
Old 2006-07-04, 22:21   Link #10
K.O.D.

the main importance of this message to me was that it revealed that there will be more episodes of school rumble second term and it does not end at 13 which I'm sure is good news to all
Old 2006-07-04, 23:33   Link #11
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

Send a message via Yahoo to Truth-kun
A good "bridge" episode to another arc. It stays true to the manga, and it delivers absolutely good comedy. The art in the ghost scene was terribly funny (terribly because it did no justice to the beauty of Kozue). Harima running from the Sensei was classic SR humor. The most funny scene yet was the "cacodemon" scene (was it in reference to Doom? Because of the guns and all).

Oh, Akira is so damn cute in that boxing outfit.

Also, Basketball Faction will have a reason to celebrate. XD

I gave it a 9 for delivering SR-quality comedy while still being a bridge episode.
Old 2006-07-05, 17:14   Link #12
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

just saw the eps and it was ok...i thought last week was better tho...only funny bits i found is when itoko sensei (must not forget) shot harima twice...the other one being in harima's mind and the boxing outfit by akira was really cute...

the ED of the scary part freaked me out tho -___- i knew something was gona pop up at the last second...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2006-07-05, 17:24   Link #13
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

If the thing that pops out was a screamer, or at least the picture animates as if its going to you, I'm gonna scream in fear. Hahaha. But I love that ED. Very very "castle-like".
Old 2006-07-05, 17:30   Link #14
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

^ i know wht you mean ive seen flash movies like that before that showed something irrelevent then a face poping up when youve let your guard down and an almighty scream -___- i think things like that has affected my mentality

Old 2006-07-06, 06:34   Link #15
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
^ i know wht you mean ive seen flash movies like that before that showed something irrelevent then a face poping up when youve let your guard down and an almighty scream -___- i think things like that has affected my mentality
Hehe...reminds me of http://www.winterrowd.com/
Old 2006-07-07, 11:42   Link #16
Lotiman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
have they changed the format again? i dnt like the 3 stories in 1 eps format last week was much more fluent...
They always changed the format. Even after the ending song they will show additional episodes. I always miss out that part. Crazy show.
Old 2006-07-08, 01:16   Link #17
Shredder

I liked this ep a fair amount, 7/10. It was good to finally see Miko chan after she seemed to have a long absence. Also I always like date eps. Miko chan grew on me--gotta love gamer girls! Eri had a good amount of screen time too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
I quite enjoyed this episode. The comedy just seems to pick up in this one. The following parts are my favorites for this episode:

(1) Harima plagued by the retaining-sensei.
(2) Tenma's desperate studying for the term papers.
(3) Eri-chan/Mikoto-chan/Tenma-chan's commentary on Mikoto's date with Asou. It's quite funny seeing her trying to present a more favorable image to Asou.
Yeah I too liked 1 and 3, however 2 wasn't as fresh since Tenma is always falling asleep/eating and screwing up academically.

Mainly there was finally some romance reintroduced, and this time a new one between Miko and Asou which hasn't been explored before. So I think the ep closed on a strong note. I just rewatched the last part and it's quite good, right where Asou crashes on the game and stares at Miko chan. Good music too. Is he hinting that he likes Miko chan or what?

I miss Hanai a little, he's not shown up much lately. No Lala=woohoo! Also, going to Colorado on the next ep?? And how many bdays does Tenma have, was the other one a fraud?
Old 2006-07-08, 06:04   Link #18
Truth-kun
Do the Penguin Dance!

The next is a birthday PARTY, so it isn't the birthday itself. The class is too busy with exams to hold a party on her exact birthdate.

Spoiler for The Future:
Old 2006-07-11, 04:04   Link #19
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

BTW does song and movie of the the ending credits remind you TWILIGHT ZONE? (japanese version ) O_O;;;
Old 2006-07-12, 15:52   Link #20
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
I actually was quite amused by the Mikoto/Asou date and his wistful
reflection in the arcade "we're closing sir...." long after she beat him.

I also rather liked Akira, Tenma and Eri sort of ganging up on her
forcing her to tell them about the specifics of the date. Hilarity.

Harima's avoidance of "Retaining-sensei" was hysterical.

There was something else I thought was quite amusing but I'm not
going to mention it because when I saw it the first time I was totally
amused by it and it's so low key that mentioning it could defuse its
amusing properties.