AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-07-21, 02:59   Link #1
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Iron Man 3 (2013)

... and after making the Thor thread, I realized that there wasn't a thread here for Iron Man 3, despite it being the movie we have the most info of at the moment.

Meanwhile, have a look at the new suit (The Mk. VIII?):

Spoiler for Iron Man:

And some other suits in the film:

Spoiler for Patriotism:

Finally:

Comic-Con: IRON MAN 3 Panel Recap
Spoiler for Main Villain:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 04:24   Link #2
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Seeing as how Ben Kingsley is the Mandarin (and subsequently not asian), I'm predicting The Mandarin is more of a title, and not just a single person.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 04:32   Link #3
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

So, the Iron Patriot won't be on this one? Also, what's with the creamy look of the new suit? Will this movie finally has some magic with The Mandarin's coming?
Old 2012-07-21, 04:43   Link #4
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So, the Iron Patriot won't be on this one? Also, what's with the creamy look of the new suit? Will this movie finally has some magic with The Mandarin's coming?
They might make it something like Asgardian technomagic, given Thor and all that. The Avengers pretty much establishes the presence of magic into the setting, so Mandarin now becomes possible without resorting to handwaves.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 15:23   Link #5
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
So, the Iron Patriot won't be on this one?
He is. It's the War Machine's new paint job/model.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 16:04   Link #6
Sumeragi
Banned

The new suit looks hideous.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 16:10   Link #7
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
The new suit looks hideous.
I agree. Too much gold, like Superman has too much uninterrupted blue in Man of Steel, thanks to the lack of red undies, belt or any such thing.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 16:43   Link #8
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
He is. It's the War Machine's new paint job/model.
Ah, glad to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I agree. Too much gold, like Superman has too much uninterrupted blue in Man of Steel, thanks to the lack of red undies, belt or any such thing.
It'd be nice if it's really gold, but if you see the pic, compared to the red-gold suits behind it, the color is more on the creamy side, like creamy coffee .
Old 2012-07-21, 17:18   Link #9
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
They might make it something like Asgardian technomagic, given Thor and all that. The Avengers pretty much establishes the presence of magic into the setting, so Mandarin now becomes possible without resorting to handwaves.
Yeah, the Avengers did all the hard work on that. So now Tony can look at the magic rings and shrug it off.

As for the armour, I am not worried about the colour. And anyway I doubt it is his ONLY armour; if anything I doubt this armour will survive past half-way in IM3. There will be a new replacement that would be under wraps until screening.
Old 2012-07-21, 17:50   Link #10
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Remember guys the film will have several IM suits, the one shown might just be in it for a single fight and never return afterward
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 18:09   Link #11
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And anyway I doubt it is his ONLY armour; if anything I doubt this armour will survive past half-way in IM3. There will be a new replacement that would be under wraps until screening.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
Remember guys the film will have several IM suits, the one shown might just be in it for a single fight and never return afterward
On second thought, y'all are frighteningly right. That suit may only last for a minute or two (just like that suitcase-suit in IM2 ).
Old 2012-07-21, 21:38   Link #12
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Anther one how many hero movies are they going to make
Old 2012-07-21, 21:42   Link #13
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Anther one how many hero movies are they going to make
How many romantic movies are they going to make every year?

Or Disaster movies?

Or WWII movies?

What a silly question. Marvel didn't start up their own studio just to fire everyone now. They have employees now who's job is to make movies full time. So they will keep making movies until someone tell them to stop.
Old 2012-07-22, 13:53   Link #14
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
What a silly question. Marvel didn't start up their own studio just to fire everyone now. They have employees now who's job is to make movies full time. So they will keep milking franchises until it is no longer profitable.
Fixed that for you. :P

Anyway, sounds like the Mandarin will only be in the background, and Adrian Killian will be the main villain (creator of the Extremis virus). At least, according to the wiki page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Man_3

"Extremis" is a comic book arc that sounds fairly similar to how the movies developed, so I wonder how close to it they plan to stick.

"Firepower" is also slated to be in this, which is interesting... in the comics, the character was part of the US military, created as a suit of armor to stop Iron Man's Armor Wars (where Tony went nuts trying to destroy all Stark tech that was stolen from him).

Wonder if we're looking at a fusion of the Armor Wars and Extremis, with the Mandarin in the background directing things. Which means an Iron Man 4 in the future which would feature IM vs. Mandarin more directly.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 15:18   Link #15
csuree
The Most Hated™

Nice another movie with Tony Stark's crispy style. I'm lookink forward for some action and high tech battle with AC/DC as bgm. I love that band. Marvel makes good movies and they are true to he comics. I look forward for next uear too.
Old 2012-07-22, 15:44   Link #16
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

So you guys don't belive they keep making these movies because they LIKE too?
Old 2012-07-22, 16:04   Link #17
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Somebody does. Though Marvel is just happy to find a way to keep comics relevant; paper-based entertainment isn't what it used to.
Old 2012-07-22, 16:29   Link #18
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I’m happy with these comicbook movies which some come directly from their makers (Marvel). They’re at least entertaining and fulfilling our dreams of seeing those comic characters on-screen. If they made the movie right, what’s there to complain? Hollywood’s running out of ideas? That’s certainly a worrisome thing, but at least many of these comicbook movies (especially from Marvel) aren’t just remakes of the glorious movies of the past like Footloose, Straw Dog, The Thing, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, etc. Many of comicbook movies are adaptations which already becomes Hollywood and other movie industry’s staple since the day of our grandparents.
Old 2012-07-22, 16:38   Link #19
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
"Extremis" is a comic book arc that sounds fairly similar to how the movies developed, so I wonder how close to it they plan to stick.
Hopefully not close at all. Extremis was a horrible arc that slowly killed the character of Tony Stark until they removed it and made him more of a fun dick instead of a dick that gets his jollies from throwing his friends in jail. Not only that, but it basically gave him super powers. He could control the suit with his mind, among other things.

Quote:
Like to make money, sure.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 16:41   Link #20
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Of course they love making these movies, alot of the special effects, CG and animators are huge comic book fans and proud geeks and nerds.

You can go into any studio and see that people would display all their props, costumes, toys and comics on their desks and shelves.

Even the actors themselves love their characters and costumes, Robert Downey, Jr. has said that he loved wearing the Iron Man costumes even though they weren't the most comfortable things to be worn. But over the years the costume and props makers have been making it more comfy and more efficient.

People who work on such comic book movies are people who really love the great stuff they produce and the culture they are immersed in.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote