AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

View Poll Results: Ouran Host Club Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 147 45.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 100 31.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 53 16.51%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 4.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.31%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.31%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.62%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-08-25, 02:58   Link #41
Uwashio
You are salt?

Send a message via AIM to Uwashio
It was too short. But for me as a guy to be swooning over the guys in the anime, I give it a 9/10
Uwashio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 22:30   Link #42
Deathwing
what do i know

loved the series the ending however wasn't that great 9/10
Deathwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 12:01   Link #43
cool_girl

Overall, a good funny series, the last episodes were more interesting...9/10
most points for tamaki and haruhi funny scenes with the twins teasing
cool_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-16, 17:06   Link #44
Noriko
白薔薇のファン。

I hesitated between 8 and 9... I seldom give 10 in general so... This anime has been one of the best adaptation from a manga I've ever seen, and I'm difficult on that. It barely lost anything in the process and gained good points in turning into an anime (the splendid backgrounds, colours, animation, voice-acting, etc...), and came alive so well. But, there were a few addings that I didn't like, it's purely personal, but I didn't appreciate Renge's role which was much more recurrent and emphasized in the anime (yes, I know many liked her anime version better, it's just me not fitting with her). So, 9 would have been my ultimate rating, the note I would have picked if I felt it was "perfect", but I decided to settle on 8....
Noriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 05:48   Link #45
Satomi87
Banned

Ouran Fans! Kill Me now!

This anime just failed to impress me.Since it was material made by girls and for girls, expect to see some 'normally drawn' female characters and 'outstandingly handsome male characters'.One more thing I dislike about this anime is too many 'fat' female characters.Even they are not fat,still most of them 'unpretty' and 'unattractive'.Well, this is a reverse-harem anime that aimed for girls so most female characters are not attractive.No further arguments about it.

I also dislike the 'charming prince' strereotype.The leading male character always seen as perfect in everything.The looks, attitude, wealth, etc.The girls flock over him.This strereotype is overused.

I want to give this anime about 4 or 5 but I decided to rate it as 4.
Satomi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 10:18   Link #46
Trisha
Kaname-sama

ONE OF THE BEST COMEDY ANIMES AROUND!!! At first, I thought it was like "The Wallflower" kind of comedy(which I disliked) but after I finished watching the first ep. I was so addicted to it!!! I give it a perfect 10!!
Trisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 19:26   Link #47
blewin

just finished the anime, and I must say, it's absolutely hilarious! haven't had a good laugh for a time, and this anime really delivers.
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-22, 17:58   Link #48
Pandar

Just finished Ouran after having it a year in my collection unwatched... What a fool I have been to avoid this series until now. Easily one of my favorite series and that's saying something considering I'm not a big fan of School animes. Another classic from BONES. 10/10
Pandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 22:06   Link #49
kriez
dAydream slAcker

Send a message via MSN to kriez
i dunno y i dun like the alice in wonderland part.. so out of place and uncomfortable somehow! if only thr were season 2...
kriez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 01:01   Link #50
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriez View Post
i dunno y i dun like the alice in wonderland part.. so out of place and uncomfortable somehow! if only thr were season 2...
The anime "Alice in Wonderland" episode was very different from the one in the manga.

Anyway, great cast, fairly true to the manga. 9/10.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-28, 21:17   Link #51
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

got to give it a 10, i never lol so hard in my life.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 15:42   Link #52
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

10/10 It was the most funniest series I had ever seen to bad I didn't know of it's existence in the year so I nominated another series for best comedy, but at least I wasn't the only one.
Old 2008-09-05, 11:13   Link #53
Solafighter
Hige

Well nice anime.

Chars are interesting, plot is good, not many fillers from my view.

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2008-09-17, 16:07   Link #54
solomon

7/10 easily.

Nice comedy styling and timing. The music, pacing of each individual episode, drawings/animation (some eps were better than others) and voice acting all came together very well. Especially the pacing because while there were some SD takes and slapstick, it was balanced by word play and more slowly delivered written gags, as oppoed to no-holds barred Excel Saga rapid fire comedy (that Tex Avery type stuff is REALLY hard to pull off with out being spastic and annoying).

The best episodes are the ones poking fun at Shoujo manga pratfalls and having all the oddball characters bounce off of each other (Renge was a nice addition, even if gag wise she was a little one note). It's when they tried to go into the "romance" angle, that it became kinda mushy for me.

The whole Kaoru vs. Tamaki for Haruhi's love thing, I thought could have been left out. It was too artificial and forced, I think they should have stayed with just Tamaki and Haruhi as it was much funnier.

In fact, while development of pasts and motivations are good for characters, I don't think it was handled the best particularly with the Hitachin twins. The way it was handled was kinda sappy in IMHO, plus aside from some bits of Kyouya they are the only ones the writers bothered to do so in the show to that degree. If you wanna have sappy backstory elements at least do em for everyone.

Over all good, BONES really broke it's mold in terms of visual stylings here. Just wish it didn't take itself as seriously as it did about half of the way through and focused more on the much more skillfully excecuted comedy.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 04:25   Link #55
shibuyakazuya_fhaye

this anime is super hot even the characters it made me feel really burning
shibuyakazuya_fhaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-29, 04:26   Link #56
shibuyakazuya_fhaye

i give it 10/10 because it's damn funny i really like the twist but too bad it was still unfinished
shibuyakazuya_fhaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 17:08   Link #57
Chaho-Chi
toptoptoptoptoptoptoptopt
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Chaho-Chi
Well i gave it an 9/10 sometime i would think that one episode would be pointless, But it as a good combination, a good plotline and an unthinkable storybase Sometimes when i watched an episdoe i would expect more since i thought that they were digging to deep, an over using sometimes also

When I heard about it i thought it wasnt very intresting, I found the manga and read some then watched an episdoe and got hooked

I would give this to anyone who likes comdy and romace
Chaho-Chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 01:47   Link #58
PatriciaLamperouge
In Nabari no Ou mode^^

I give it 9/10.
Maybe I'll give it 10/10 in the past if I haven't watched Code Geass
So, hmm...animation quality= 9
voice actors= 10
script= 9 (I like the manga's script better, cz I think, juz like White Manju Bun said, Renge is overused-_-)
adaptation fr manga= 9.5 (it relatively faithful 2 the manga script, only a slight change)
editing= 10
he3, the average of all of them seems 2 be closer 2 10, but I juz can't give it a 10, cz juz as I've said b4, the 10 is 4 Code Geass (a lunatic Code Geass fan) & cz I like the manga better. But I'm really looking forward 2 the 2nd season of this anime :3

oh btw, I think the best part of this animanga is the characterization & the chara development, I can't help falling in luv w/ ALL the host club members XD But my fav couple is Tama-Haru^^ ALL the charas r really loveable, even nekozawa-senpai & bossanova-kun XD (except tamaki's granny, I don't like her>)

Last edited by PatriciaLamperouge; 2008-11-01 at 10:11.
PatriciaLamperouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-01, 10:13   Link #59
PatriciaLamperouge
In Nabari no Ou mode^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathwing View Post
loved the series the ending however wasn't that great 9/10

The ending seems ‘unsatisfying’ bcoz the the manga actually haven’t ended. So they juz make their own ending (juz like wht happen 2 anime furuba). If u want 2 find ‘the real’ ending, read the manga. It still continues (the newest chapter is 64) & the story has progressed really well so far. I recommend u 2 read it^^
& if u hav time, plz read fr the very 1st chapt, since the manga has some differences compared 2 the anime. 4 me, I like the manga better (but the anime is also quite good, juz don’t really liked it bcoz Renge is overused in the anime & the story is more ‘unveil’ in manga)
PatriciaLamperouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-29, 03:43   Link #60
kawaii_mg

Send a message via Yahoo to kawaii_mg
10 out of 10!!
ouran high school is one of the best animes i've ever watched!!
kawaii_mg is offline   Reply With Quote