AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 25 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 24.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 10.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.33%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-20, 15:44   Link #61
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by anyme View Post
Old label trick. You can see this trick in many mangas. Especially in school life romance theme.
HA! I should have known that one. Official request for all that can to PM me the following.......1. What is that dangerous thing you all keep talking about and 2.spoilers regarding details about Kaoru and endings of her route. Direct me to where that is or just PM me.

Last edited by Francismeunier; 2010-08-20 at 15:55.
Old 2010-08-20, 16:50   Link #62
wingman32x

Just watched the episode, and I thought it was a pretty decent conclusion to a good arc featuring a great character. Lol @ Kaoru falling asleep like that. Haruka looked amazing in that santa outfit. The development was better than Haruka's, but I don't think it's fair to compare because Kaoru had a pretty big head start via their friendship. Sae looks pretty boring at first glance. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Anyway, I gave it an 8.
Old 2010-08-20, 17:19   Link #63
Dreamchaser

Spoiler for Episode 8:

Spoiler for Reflections on the whole arc:

Spoiler for Sae's arc:
Old 2010-08-20, 19:28   Link #64
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamchaser View Post
I feel that I should point out that I'm not a huge fan of Kaoru even though she has grown on me during this arc.
Exactly how I 60% though also. The other 40% has to do more with being actually a huge fan of her expressions and character.....you got to admit no matter what that there will most likely not be a girl as unique as her in this series again unless Ayatsuji proves it wrong but only on speculations from the manga's point of view.
Quote:
The next arc is the one I've been waiting for so far. I've been a huge fan of Sae since the bread-shop scene in episode 1 so I have fairly high expectations for this arc. I'm a huge fan of romance that begins with a random meeting so I cant wait.
I know that bread scene was great for a prelude to her shy side but also random romance.....I do wonder still if Miya will play a role in all of this.
Quote:
I do hope that Junichi will be taking charge in this arc. I'm also intrigued as at least part of this arc takes place during summer.
I think he might have to for one this girl is 1 year younger than him. It will be interesting to see him take the charge and how he does it. I hope it will give him +1 points for man up from me personally.
Quote:
Also, let's see a lot of that awesome zettai ryouiki. That alone will make this arc good.
Maybe if she dresses up nicely for Junichi's first date? Depends on her fashion. It will be nice but hoping more for fan art of that.
Old 2010-08-20, 20:17   Link #65
Qikz

I really enjoyed episode 8, Shame we didn't get to see Kaoru's special underwear though.

But, alas all well and good. Great arc!
Old 2010-08-20, 20:28   Link #66
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

Lol, Kaoru sleeps after kissing Junichi. You should of steeped your game up earlier Junichi. She was waiting
Old 2010-08-20, 21:06   Link #67
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamuSkull View Post
Lol, Kaoru sleeps after kissing Junichi. You should of steeped your game up earlier Junichi. She was waiting
Yeah...that really did amaze me. The fool should have went straight for her belly button. Have her slide up a tad and ...
Old 2010-08-20, 21:10   Link #68
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I felt their relationship kinda moving a little too quick....it's not good for my heart . Oh, the side scene featuring Haruka was funny -- and she is definitely look sexy on that outfit.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2010-08-20, 21:24   Link #69
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Just watched ep. 7 and 8, and I'm really disappointed

Spoiler for ep. 7+8:

After the lead-up before, a really lame and anti-climactic end
Tossed my Kaoru avatar because of that. Bleh.
I thought it had potential after the first two episodes, but they really botched it, especially with that lame end 6/10

Next week that kawaii kohai is coming, which I've already been waiting for
Can only be better now.
Old 2010-08-20, 21:56   Link #70
Belmondo

Well, I just wrote out my take on those issues on the character discussion thread.

- The drama with her mom was supposed to run deeper. If they hadn't spent so much time on other characters throughout perhaps they would have had enough time to integrate it better.

- I don't think she's asleep, just playing with him again.

- and yes, the arc needed a proper future epilogue if only for consistency.
Old 2010-08-20, 22:01   Link #71
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Ending was total blah. I expected an intimate scene between Junichi and Kaoru (especially after the buildup with the 'sexy underwear'), but no, Kaoru was a total cocktease and just slept The rest of the episode was underwhelming also, save for some very cute expressions by Kaoru.
It was quite underwhelming indeed, Kaoru suddenly falling asleep after the build-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Haruka won the ep by default. I'd like to make a wish on that lap
I really wonder why she didn't wear that in her arc, he would've melted like ice in the sun.
That and the short Miya scene at the end saved the episode from bombing totally.

Quote:
On that note - I want to see the bread scene again!
Also, let's see a lot of that awesome zettai ryouiki. That alone will make this arc good.
You bet!
絶対領域は一番大好きです!\^д^/
Old 2010-08-21, 00:59   Link #72
Belmondo

The true ending from the game:
Spoiler for details:

The show really does cut out a lot of stuff.
Old 2010-08-21, 01:37   Link #73
kujoe
from head to heel

Well... a lot of mixed feelings for this one.

Spoiler for episode 8:

All in all, Kaoru's arc has been a wonderful tale of two friends becoming something more. In a way, it reminds me of what was said to me before, that being in relationship is like having the best kind of friendship ever.
Old 2010-08-21, 02:16   Link #74
roankun
Tsundere Lover

What is this? Why the hell did Kaoru's kissing scene give off a sweeter aura than Haruka's!?

Sigh. I was never one for heroine's-face-zoom-in-lips-puckered kissing scenes, but I'm totally in love with the way they portrayed Kaoru's. So why didn't they do it to Haruka's...? I mean, I like Kaoru, but Haruka is still my number one (until Ai's arc comes, that is. ^^)

So-so episode, I guess. I kinda expected them to be consistent with the 10-year jump, but since it wasn't something I really looked forward to, I'm fine with it. Not to mention, d'awww lines were everywhere in this episode.

Anyway, Sae's next... Somehow, she's the only girl I'm not particularly looking forward to, but whatever. Let's all look forward to episode 2, the episode of kissing random body parts.
Old 2010-08-21, 04:45   Link #75
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking More freebies

Another avatar

Original=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/c644fb39.gif
A custom Morishima Santa outfit I made=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/c9908e68.gif
Famous hand drag of Junichi by Kaoru=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/00abb0e6.gif
Freebie avatar:

Original=>
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...3/8b7c25bb.gif
Will do rest later on.
Old 2010-08-21, 05:04   Link #76
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

^You know there is an avatar thread for posts like that.
Old 2010-08-21, 09:36   Link #77
Itlandm
Porcupine

So Haruka's arc concluded (not counting the epilogue) with the two of them alone in a hotel room, Haruka wearing only a towel. This arc concluded in Junichi's bed, with Kaoru falling asleep while kissing. Something is not right here. People don't fall asleep while kissing. And what's with that little smile just afterwards?

The series goes to great lengths to not actually show anything ecchi, but at the same time it certainly throws some bones to imagination (compare Junichi's imagination in the nurse's office.)

I wonder if the viewer is suppose to imagine that Kaoru only pretends to be asleep or fainted from the long kiss, inviting Junichi to, uhm, play with her hair. I am told that many Japanese have a liking for girls who are completely passive during an intimate encounter, sometimes compared to a tuna fish. (Not a compliment in the West, obviously!) Supposedly this is a particular trait of Japanese culture, but I have only heard of it, having never had any such encounters with Japanese.

I am pretty sure the viewer is not meant to be forced to believe that they just slept the rest of the night, anymore than Junichi and Haruka did. That option is of course available for the religious viewer.
Old 2010-08-21, 11:19   Link #78
deffusse
otaku[SK]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
.... This arc concluded in Junichi's bed, with Kaoru falling asleep while kissing. Something is not right here. People don't fall asleep while kissing. And what's with that little smile just afterwards?
actualy this situation was quite plain,, e.g. >> kaoru didn't want to have sex with him yet, so she fell asleep and afterwards she smiled, but he didn't notice that...
As for my understanding of this situation.
Old 2010-08-21, 11:27   Link #79
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Moving on, how will miya react in the next arc, now that her best friend is dating her brother
Old 2010-08-21, 11:29   Link #80
Wrath88
Kissing...

I have to say the initial part seemed a little mundane, but at least it peaked at the ending, especially the confession scene. Still the overall episode wasn't as good as it could have been.