Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-23, 14:12   Link #1
Ral
Idea!

Manga: Ch 330 Discussion[Spoilers]

Here's Captain Panda's summary

Quote:
One Piece Chapter 330 - The Decision

-The Frankys are all partying hard, as Luffy and co. slowly approach the house. They knock, and a giant family member, thinking it's Usopp opens the door and tells them to scram. He flies off quickly after a simple right from Luffy. The Frankys recognize Luffy, and taunt him for coming to their base with only four people. They taunt him, saying that he must be a complete weakling, with Usopp in his crew. Luffy again attacks, this time easily bringing down a giant and armored Franky. The bunch begs for forgiveness, but then launches a bunch of canon fire at them. This time Zoro steps up, and cuts both the canons and the canonballs straight in half. Fearing for their lives, the Frankys retreat, but Sanji gracefully beats the crap out of everyone who tries to run away. Another group tries to run out the window, and Chopper uses his Horn Point form to take care of them. The Frankys beg them, saying that the money that was stolen is already gone...Franky himself took it to buy somethign on another island via the steam train, and even they don't know where he is. The Straw Hats say, though, that they won't leave until there aren't any Frankys left with unbroken bones. The Frankys say they should have just left, and attack with all the secret weapons of the house, saying they won't lose to a mere four people.

-When we next see the scene, the house has been completely destroyed, and Luffy, Sanji, and Zoro are sitting utop the remains while Chopper tends to Usopp. They're trying to decide what to do about Franky, since they don't know where he is, and by the time they catch him, the money will probably be gone. Sanji suggests that they return to the Going Merry to discuss it, since Nami's there, and Robin will hopefully be returning soon. Luffy then thinks for a minute, and says the he's decided. They'll have the Merry disassembled.
Good chapter. Just the Strawhats beating the crap out of the Franky Family. What's Usopp going to do about leaving the Merry. I want to see Usopp redeem himself later in this arc. Can't wait till next week for the next chapter.
Old 2004-07-23, 14:47   Link #2
eLstar
(^_^)v

Great chapter. We haven't seen so much action for the longest time in One Piece. the couple of chapters were great with the storylines and all, but having one whole chapters where they beat the crap out of the Franky's was just perfect. I too have hope for Usopp, unlike Sakura from Naruto, I think Usopp is going to redeem himself very soon.
Old 2004-07-23, 14:58   Link #3
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Great chapter. We haven't seen so much action for the longest time in One Piece. the couple of chapters were great with the storylines and all, but having one whole chapters where they beat the crap out of the Franky's was just perfect. I too have hope for Usopp, unlike Sakura from Naruto, I think Usopp is going to redeem himself very soon.
Anyone rmemeber the Guns that Nami had on the Going Merry in the earlier chapters? I think Ussop is going to get a weapon upgrade.
Old 2004-07-23, 15:19   Link #4
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

They're disassembling the Going Merry?? Hmm, I guess that means that the Going Merry will be around for a while longer. Hmm, interesting.
Old 2004-07-23, 19:00   Link #5
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
great chapter indeed.
they are getting a new ship?
wonder what it will be like.
Old 2004-07-23, 20:50   Link #6
Fi5eSwordZoro
Kaisoku Sensei

hey, where do you get the chapters? kaisoku fansubs isnt working on their site. what site do you guys get it from???
Old 2004-07-24, 01:14   Link #7
Ral
Idea!

We can't tell you because the manga is licensed. Sorry.
Old 2004-07-24, 02:32   Link #8
sOnJoOL

do you think the head Franky could put up any kind of fight with Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, or Chopper???
i dont think the frankies were really strong.
to me their about as strong as wapol.
Old 2004-07-24, 06:29   Link #9
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
they wouldn't be very strong at all, their just petty thugs... Franky himself should be tough.
Old 2004-07-24, 10:57   Link #10
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, but after what Luffy did to old Croc, I doubt Franky will be much more than a fly on jam in comparison.
Old 2004-07-24, 12:01   Link #11
UserName

This chapter was great. Just great.

And Lord Raiden. AFter what he did to Croc? Croc beat him 2 times. Luffy beat him once. If he wasn't capture, he would've probably came back like Luffy did and then kill him. I will say Croc is stronger than Luffy. And even in the last fight Luffy was out for days. I will think Croc would've probably got up pretty soon.

Iceberg did say the Franky Family was weak but Franky himself is another matter.

I think we might get to see a good and even fight soon. They get a new ship. They go search for Franky. UNless they have to pay first...
Old 2004-07-24, 14:28   Link #12
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. Knowing Nami, she's usually perty good about getting her hands on cash really quickly.

Also, don't forget. Just like all of Luffy's previous battles he had to learn how to beat the guy. It wasn't a matter of "IF" he would beat him, but rather "HOW" he would beat him. Luffy is perty darned strong and getting stronger.
Old 2004-07-24, 15:33   Link #13
daimond

Location: Im at the University of Pittsburgh, hopefully not for much longer
i think they're going to take the train...that would make more sense wouldn't it? If Franky caught the train, then they leave the going merry behind, and hop on the train to follow and get their money back. I also wonder if Franky is somehow connected to Robin...AND before skypiea they left the whole "new shichibukai member" thing hanging, and showed that Bellamy is connected to the flamingo shichibukai member. I think all this is somehow gonna start coming together, though I don't have a clue how... Could be wrong...
Old 2004-07-24, 18:37   Link #14
|)arK_Nin
Oi Oi Luffy!

This chapter was straight up ass kicking, loved it. Dont mess with the Straw Hats. And I also believe that Usopp will be getting a weapon upgrade in this arc. I also think that Franky will be pissed of that his house and his crew got pwned. I'm pretty sure that if/when the Straw Hat Pirates get into a predicament (sp) Usopp will wake up with his upgrades and impress everyone
Old 2004-07-24, 22:45   Link #15
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. Kinda like frankie looks up and says "Dude, WTF is that?" Usopp walks out with his upgraded fighting weapons and looks something reminicent of a 14th century mecha. "I'm here to tell you that captain usopp is here to save the day!!" *proceeds to kick frankie's *** to the moon and back.
Old 2004-07-26, 23:13   Link #16
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
hehe. Kinda like frankie looks up and says "Dude, WTF is that?" Usopp walks out with his upgraded fighting weapons and looks something reminicent of a 14th century mecha. "I'm here to tell you that captain usopp is here to save the day!!" *proceeds to kick frankie's *** to the moon and back.
I think that would be really awesome. I would love to see Usop like that. I can even imagine it....It would be a chapter to remember, thats for sure
It looks like we are gonna get to see some nice action in the coming chapters with Frankie. (I am assuming he is pretty powerful based on what was said about him earlier)
Old 2004-07-27, 18:25   Link #17
Antonik

I much rather see Ussop and Nami die, bunch of useless characters waste of manga space
Old 2004-07-27, 18:49   Link #18
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

hehe. They're not useless. Fighting wise, yes, that's true. But you also have to consider that a crew is not make entirely of JUST fighters. A crew like that wouldn't last long in the grand line. Nami is useful because she's a navigator. Ussop is useful because he's the ship's tech geek. Not the best, but he's kept that ship in one piece so far with a little help. Plus look at the new polls he gave nami? Not the best, but they do the job for someone with only her strength level. Of course if you want to classify them as useless, wouldn't you have to throw chopper in there too? Sure, he's awesome when he's transformed, but he stays in his little chibbi form about 90% of the time and in his chibi form he's only really useful as a doctor and nothing more. Kinda fits with how Nami is the navigator and Ussop the tech geek. Or what about zoro? He sleeps and trains 90% of the time. Or Luffy....er, we won't go there.

Well, you get my point. In short, just because someone can't fight or fight well doesn't mean they're useless. Nami and Ussop are VERY useful to the crew in their own ways. Plus if you want to talk about fighting skills, Nami kicked that porcupine chick's butt handily (after fighting with Ussops stupid weather rod) and Ussop applied a major a** kicking on that one merman after finally finding a way to nail him down long enough to apply a mallet to him vigerously.

So yes, both can fight well. But they are only good at fighting in certain situations, but they can still fight. So again, they're not totally useless.
Old 2004-07-27, 19:29   Link #19
sOnJoOL

speaking of nami, what do u think will happen to nami on G.M.
i mean shes all alone and could be attacked by the frankies
Old 2004-07-27, 21:31   Link #20
hi no ken Jebus

Manga: Ch 330 Discussion[Spoilers]

Quote:
Originally Posted by sOnJoOL
speaking of nami, what do u think will happen to nami on G.M.
i mean shes all alone and could be attacked by the frankies
dont know about that since the frankies except for frankie himself just got pretty much taken care of. nami went after the money so she should be on frankie's tail if she had gotten there after all she is a super spy and a good sneaky girl.

ussop needs a bounty hopefully this arc will lead to sanji and the rest getting a much needed bounty for added bad assery.
Closed Thread