AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-07-11, 13:36   Link #2221
rg4619

Quote:
What surprises me the most is that G senjou is third, despite it wasn't exactly unanimous, considering the unbalanced content.
Reception doesn't necessarily matter since first week sales (it's about pre-release anticipation, not whether a game is good, bad, or awesome) really dictate how well a game places.

At any rate, it's the momentum from Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo. The team released what was perceived to be a godly game, so word of mouth hype propelled the next one to new heights.

Quote:
I was expecting a better place for Ef, though, thinking about it, it seems a bit more normal, considering that first tale wasn't exactly a best seller.
Yes, you don't usually expect direct sequels to sell as well as the original. That's especially true if reception was mixed (those who didn't like the first probably won't buy the second).
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-11, 14:17   Link #2222
Troyd
waboo

Another ranking, this time getchu, a little different of Toranoana
http://www.getchu.com/pc/2008-1salesranking.html
Fortune Arterial is number one. G-senjou the same.
I didn't expect clannad full voice to be in the list o_O
Troyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 12:24   Link #2223
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I just played the スマガ trial and even though it's a Nitro+ game it's full of moe.
Old 2008-07-28, 17:27   Link #2224
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

I enjoyed the Sumaga trial, but I'm curious about how many times the main character keeps dying, haha. I really like how quirky and sometimes downright bizarre it is--keeps the moe parts from getting too sickly-sweet. It's unclear to me whether the naginata girl and the photographer (forgot their names) have routes... I really hope they do, but only the witches seem to be presented as heroines on the website.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 18:57   Link #2225
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus IX View Post
I enjoyed the Sumaga trial, but I'm curious about how many times the main character keeps dying, haha. I really like how quirky and sometimes downright bizarre it is--keeps the moe parts from getting too sickly-sweet. It's unclear to me whether the naginata girl and the photographer (forgot their names) have routes... I really hope they do, but only the witches seem to be presented as heroines on the website.
Well they might have mini routes, like the dream girl (forgot her name) did in Jingai Makyō
Old 2008-07-29, 00:49   Link #2226
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

So I was right to think that it's a weird game alright, with a kindergarten kid labeled as 'god', you couldn't expect less.. O_o
Currently on the 3rd loop in Cross Channel, and I say that it's very good.
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 19:13   Link #2227
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Awesome GARness in Tayutama.

Spoiler for awesome scene:
Old 2008-08-01, 06:29   Link #2228
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Awesome GARness in Tayutama.

Spoiler for awesome scene:
I've yet to reach that, but oh god, Mashiro is so awesome in so many levels. ;_;

First time I really got smitten with a kedamonomimi girl!
Old 2008-08-02, 08:30   Link #2229
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

I played the 3% trial of Sumaga and thought that I've never played any bizzare eroge than this.. What was the catch phrase again? Life Revenge Adventure Game "Sumaga". That means we'll get killed and revived lots of times.. O_o
But the setting is good and that kindergarten Kamisama who's obsessed with 'Unko' and her drawn-eyebrow merry dogs is pretty hilarious to watch. I'll be looking forward to this one too.. ^_^
EDITED: There's another new trial dedicated for Spica, but maybe I'll pass playing it, waiting for the real thing.

I just finished with Cross Channel, but I still don't get something:
Spoiler for Ending Question:
Old 2008-08-02, 22:58   Link #2230
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Today is a rather sad day for me... Finished Lump of Sugar's most recent game: Tayutama -kiss on my deity-.

The game was great! I haven't read any of LoS's previous works but, after this, I'm determined to read both Nursery Rhyme and Itsuka, Todoku, Ano Sora Ni.

What I liked the most of this game were the characters! (especially Mifuyu and Nue) all of them play their respective roles so good that it's almost as if you were looking at real people (ok, I may be exaggerating on this but, that just how great they all are).

Voice acting is also awesome! The VAs did a great work bringing all characters to life which made the experience of reading even more awesome! Yuuri's father was voiced by the same person that did the "Voice from Heaven" in Hayate no Gotoku which was both fun and weird. Apart from him I didn't really recognize any other though, I may do a little search later.

Visually, the game is beautiful. All characters look great though, Yuuri's look changed a lot between CGs but, not that it matters. Cut-in animations were also a nice add as well as the characters stats. when you go from one menu to another. My only complain would be: character sprites are not animated

Music is also pretty good. Can't stop listening to No Pain, No Gain (current ring tone and Mifuyu's theme ), Shousha no Koushinkyo and Tsuki to Hoshi to Bara no Kaori.

The story is divided this way: the prologue, story (four chapters) and epilogue. Each chapter concentrates in one heroine. You will always read Mashiro's chapter first then, you will read the remaining three in an specified order from each heroine. By ignoring Mashiro's flag you will start in the chapter of the heroine with the most affection until then (other than Mashiro, of course).

The plot and routes are between pretty good and great. I enjoyed the game a lot and to be honest I want more but, it isn't really the best story I have read.

My fav. route was Mifuyu's, followed by Mashiro's then a tie between Amelie's and Yumina's 'cause even though Amelie's story was better I didn't like the way it ended. They didn't need to do that to "them".

I would recommend this game to everyone! Comedy, romance, drama, great characters, very good music, awesome voice acting and a pretty good plot! All put together in one place! This is the kind of game you just have to play!

Last edited by johnishida; 2008-08-03 at 00:19.
johnishida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-02, 23:08   Link #2231
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Voice acting is also awesome! The VA's did a great work bringing all characters to live which made the experience of reading even more awesome! Yuuri's father was voiced by the same person that did the "Voice from Heaven" in Hayate no Gotoku which was both fun and weird.
Oh yeah. I was also surprised when I first heard Yuuri's father.

Because of Hayate no Gotoku and Code Geass, I can almost pick out Norio Wakamoto's voice from a mile away.
He almost always seems to stretch out certain syllables in words. Definitely the "voice of God".
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-03, 08:37   Link #2232
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Mashiro's ending just kicked my ass. ;___;
Old 2008-08-03, 14:05   Link #2233
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
Mashiro's ending just kicked my ass. ;___;
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2008-08-06, 16:54   Link #2234
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Just finished Mashiro's path in Tayutama myself today, and there's a ton I want to say about that ending, but I'll keep it brief for now.

Spoiler for Tayutama, Mashiro's Ending:
Otherwise, in terms of impressions so far (with 3 paths left to go, of course), I'd echo all of johnishida's comments. This game is just really great all around and is at least "good-to-great" in every area I could think to measure so far. In particular, I really liked the music a lot -- tons of memorable tunes and excellent themes/inserts (and like I said -- that ED combined with the scene in which it was used in Mashiro's path... wow. Also, the timing of the second OP was totally perfect and awesome.).

When I get the chance, I'll have to scan/take photos of all the awesome bonus items that came with the game. Yet another reason why people who only download and don't buy really miss out, to say the least!

Other games that I've played (some or all of) over the last few months but haven't taken the time to write about include (lot of catch-up games...) Eufonie's Colorful Aquarium, Hook's HoneyComing, Leaf's ToHeart2 Another Days, Lime's Nostradamus ni Kiitemiru, and Whirpool's MagusTale. And of course, C.D.C.D.2 and Little Busters EX just arrived along with Clear Crystal Stories (hard to get!), so things are getting worse in terms of backlog before they get better! A good problem to have, though.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-15, 21:37   Link #2235
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

Anyone tried Sumaga Trial S yet? When I played it, I see no text and the game went on auto mode, skipping both text and voice. @_@
Did anyone experience the same thing as mine?
Old 2008-08-19, 15:03   Link #2236
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kresnik View Post
Anyone tried Sumaga Trial S yet? When I played it, I see no text and the game went on auto mode, skipping both text and voice. @_@
Did anyone experience the same thing as mine?
I just finished watching the trailer and well, I was going to wait for the full version but this looks so bizarre and weird that I'm going to download the trial now lol.
Also, I liked the song

Last edited by Vash002; 2008-08-19 at 15:04. Reason: Quote mistake.
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 11:48   Link #2237
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Uh oh!

does anyone know about the time leap character CDs that were released?

if you put them in your PC they can play in 3D rendering if you have the main game installed?
and they also work in a CD player?

if anyone has any information I would really like to know
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-23, 03:01   Link #2238
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Oh god. First Teita F Brandt, and now Kisaragi Mifuyu.

I <3 YOU LUMP OF SUGAR ;___;
Old 2008-08-28, 13:03   Link #2239
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
月ノ光太陽ノ影~

So far the only Ero-game I dared to play~
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-28, 19:29   Link #2240
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
月ノ光太陽ノ影~

So far the only Ero-game I dared to play~
Ok, that title caught me off guard, I was curious to what you decided to pick