AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > AnoHana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-12, 15:05   Link #61
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
not true. People can learn to get to know each other and love each other in rebound. Human emotions are more complex than you think.
human emotions..complex?? this is news to me, good thing im a robot and have no idea wtf ur talking about
Old 2011-06-12, 16:08   Link #62
ZODDGUTS

Um....Anyways both boys have their share of problems. One seems to have finally moved on, well see if Yikiatsu really does like her or not. Seeing that he saved her from that boy a few eps back, shows that he does care about her.
Old 2011-06-13, 16:06   Link #63
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
human emotions..complex?? this is news to me, good thing im a robot and have no idea wtf ur talking about
complex meaning that falling for someone genuinely ONCE doesn't mean it's your true love forever, especially considering their loves occurred during childhood.

not to mention neither have been in a relationship with their respective loves. it's not even truly "rebounding".
Old 2011-06-13, 19:32   Link #64
fazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellomarie View Post
especially considering their loves occurred during childhood.
The last 2 episode have suggested that Anjo is still in love with Jinta,but maybe she will try to numb herself by going out with Yukiatsu.

Quote:
not to mention neither have been in a relationship with their respective loves. it's not even truly "rebounding".
I think "rebound" is valid in this situation, its like recovering from a rejection?

- Say Anjo and Jinta were a couple, and Jinta broke off with her, meaning Jinta rejects Anjo.

- For the situation now, Anjo realizes she cannot be compared to Menma and she feels rejected.

A rebound now will be to get into a relationship and feel accepted by someone?
Sounds like a bastketball game...

While its true that its possible for 2 person on the rebound to get into a relationship and fall in love, maybe its not that simple for them, they have a complex problem that has lie dormant for a long time eating away at their soul and its going to erupt soon.

I still suspect the legitimacy of Yukiatsu's attempt to move forward, Menma's re-appearance has affected him a lot, did he break at the railway when he realize there was something between Menma and Jinta. And he sure recovers quickly...after being so hung on to Menma for the past few years.

I don't think Anjo would end up with Jinta even if Menma passes on, its hard to fall in love knowing she will never be 1st place in Jinta. Its the same for Yukiatsu, Menma is still 1st place in his heart. At least for now, maybe time will eventually replace their number one.
Old 2011-06-15, 19:13   Link #65
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
one of the more complex chars, i love her - cannot wait to see how she develops through the series

Comparing her child version -- to her "current" version -- she "developed" quite well. (If you know what I mean)
Old 2011-06-17, 09:56   Link #66
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

It's good to see that Anjou is more than likely to keep her hopes up. Tsuruko is right, she still has a chance once Menma finally passes on. Anjou's statement of how no one can ever replace Jinta to her was touching.
Old 2011-06-17, 12:12   Link #67
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Curious to see how things will turn out for her in the end. Whether she'll make any serious moves herself before the series runs out will be something to see. She's in a painful spot though and could get harder if Jintan is more obvious about dragging his heels.

Glad she put the Yukiatsu stuff to rest. For her it really is Jintan or bust so we'll have to see what happens.
Old 2011-06-17, 12:31   Link #68
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Anaru is the one I feel worst for, here - she's been loyal to Jintan even as he slipped into a self-destructive shell, and no less honest about her feelings than any of the others. Menma is an obstacle in everyone's path to growth to some extent, but her specific impact on Anaru is quite direct. Anaru is less manipulative than anyone else here - she just doesn't seem to have it in her - but she suffers just the same.
Old 2011-06-17, 18:25   Link #69
TrippedUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Anaru is the one I feel worst for, here - she's been loyal to Jintan even as he slipped into a self-destructive shell, and no less honest about her feelings than any of the others. Menma is an obstacle in everyone's path to growth to some extent, but her specific impact on Anaru is quite direct. Anaru is less manipulative than anyone else here - she just doesn't seem to have it in her - but she suffers just the same.
Anaru's actually my favorite character besides Popo. she's a lot more honest about herself, and so far hasn't turned totally hateful. She's the main reason I almost sobbed during ep 10, and she's the one I'm rooting for to get her happy ending most of all.
Old 2011-06-17, 18:56   Link #70
User68604
Disabled By Request

the only happy ending for anaru is one that is where she moves on from jintan

there has been zero indication from any of the eps that he is even remotely interested in her romantically. there would have to be some uber fast time skip with flashbacks or something magical for jintan to fall out of love with menma, and into love with anaru in the next two eps (unlikely)
Old 2011-06-17, 21:49   Link #71
fazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrippedUp View Post
Anaru's actually my favorite character besides Popo. she's a lot more honest about herself, and so far hasn't turned totally hateful. She's the main reason I almost sobbed during ep 10, and she's the one I'm rooting for to get her happy ending most of all.
Anjo is definitely my favorite character as well, she started like a bitch but slowly shows how weak and naive she really is(and such a crybaby ),she plays video games and works at a video game store....hey how can any guys not like her lol..

Oh and her figure and fashion senses...

I hope there's some kind of happy ending for her as well...be it moving on from Jinta or finally getting Jinta to reciprocate her feelings (but I do not approve Yukiatsu !)
Old 2011-06-19, 07:05   Link #72
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

i just want her to move on from jintan lol. i think her and yukiatsu have good chemistry but she did say in the most recent episode that she'd never go out with yukiatsu so that's fine. although she did follow up with "jintan is irreplacable!".

really anaru? i realise she's on an emotional roller coaster and that she said all of that after jintan's confession that he does INDEED love menma---shocker! she seemed a lot more level-headed with yukiatsu when they were out, she said that the only glue between herself and jintan was menma. they didn't even get closer when menma was out of the picture.

jintan doesn't give a flying sh*t about anaru romantically (i don't even see them as THAT close friendship-wise either tbh) so she really needs to move on. get a hint from tsuruko girl.

hell i just like her dynamic with tsuruko, they're so catty i love it
Old 2011-06-19, 07:33   Link #73
fazer

Noooo......Jinta does give a fish for Anaru, just that Menma is taking too much of his attention...
Really Jinta is quite a nice guy, just too caught up and stuck with Menma..
Old 2011-06-19, 08:12   Link #74
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazer View Post
Noooo......Jinta does give a fish for Anaru, just that Menma is taking too much of his attention...
Really Jinta is quite a nice guy, just too caught up and stuck with Menma..
oh fazer and here i was agreeing with everything you've been saying

but seriously, i'm sure jintan considers anaru a friend (of sorts) but romantically? doesn't give a sh*t i must say.

and yeah he's a nice guy just too self-absorbed...to the point where he can't give her a decent reply, though i'm sure his "I LOVE MENMA" was clear enough for poor anaru.
Old 2011-06-20, 09:00   Link #75
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
i just want her to move on from jintan lol. i think her and yukiatsu have good chemistry but she did say in the most recent episode that she'd never go out with yukiatsu so that's fine. although she did follow up with "jintan is irreplacable!".

really anaru? i realise she's on an emotional roller coaster and that she said all of that after jintan's confession that he does INDEED love menma---shocker! she seemed a lot more level-headed with yukiatsu when they were out, she said that the only glue between herself and jintan was menma. they didn't even get closer when menma was out of the picture.

jintan doesn't give a flying sh*t about anaru romantically (i don't even see them as THAT close friendship-wise either tbh) so she really needs to move on. get a hint from tsuruko girl.

hell i just like her dynamic with tsuruko, they're so catty i love it
And that whack job Yukiatsu is better? seriously? Do you realize how horrible of a basis it is to go out with someone to get over someone is? Yukiatsu is a billion times worse about Menma than Jinta is.
Old 2011-06-20, 10:48   Link #76
TrippedUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
And that whack job Yukiatsu is better? seriously? Do you realize how horrible of a basis it is to go out with someone to get over someone is? Yukiatsu is a billion times worse about Menma than Jinta is.
This. Yukiatsu doesn't seem to care for Anaru, he just sees her as a way to get over Menma and she's the perfect rebound since she's also got an unrequited love.

Personally, if Menma were to pass on Jintan might actually see other girls and maybe even Anaru. He couldn't before because he felt guilt for calling Menma ugly and denying his feelings. but now everything is out in the open and he knows all of Menma's feelings.

Either way, Anaru deserves a happy ending. I hope it goes the way of Cross Game, where although they all still love and remember Menma, they don't let their ENTIRE lives be destroyed by the memory. Plus Ko totally hooks up with Aoba So I have some faith.
Old 2011-06-20, 14:54   Link #77
mellomarie
fullblown technicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
has yukiatsu treated anaru remotely as shitty as jintan has? no he hasn't. besides, with the most recent episode anaru has stated that she does not want to date yukiatsu so i suppose it's a dead deal. i still maintain that their banter was pretty refreshing and they actually seemed like they were enjoying themselves. yukiatsu has his issues (as does anaru) but if it's not affecting their interactions, what's the big deal?

and no, rebounding is not THAT horrible. it happens all the time and it's a pretty human instinct. if it's a mutual desire to move on from childhood loves that are at a standstill...then what's the problem?

@trippedup:

i would've agreed that jintan can move on when menma's gone and finally see anaru for who she is. but in the most recent episode, he declared that he does indeed love menma. can't see a realistic way for him to suddenly get over the dead girl he's CURRENTLY in love with.

to be perfectly honest, i don't see anybody hooking with anybody. every character seems to be obsessed with their unrequited loves and have no desire to move on. i felt as though yukiatsu (and anaru at times...) showed the most success in attempting to move on, but the sniffing seems to say otherwise
Old 2011-06-20, 15:44   Link #78
Kyuu
=^^=

IMO -- it appears that Yukiatsu is simply... turning to Anaru... just because he KNOWS that she has a thing for Jintan... and is aiming to screw Jintan over for that.
Old 2011-06-20, 16:23   Link #79
Nikkan

Quote:
complex meaning that falling for someone genuinely ONCE doesn't mean it's your true love forever, especially considering their loves occurred during childhood.
I agree with this.
In my opinion, Anaru loves the idea of Jintan, not Jintan himself. Its been years since they talked in the beginning of the show and both of them are completely different people. But she clings on to her memory of him when they were kids and then gets let down when he isn't the person she expected and remembered him to be. In one way, Anaru not only need to move on from Menma's death, she needs to do it for Jintan too.
Old 2011-06-20, 16:30   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
IMO -- it appears that Yukiatsu is simply... turning to Anaru... just because he KNOWS that she has a thing for Jintan... and is aiming to screw Jintan over for that.
Maybe at first. But even then, I don't think it was really about screwing Jintan so much as simply winning against him. It's not about hurting Jinta - it's about salving his own pride.

Quote:
has yukiatsu treated anaru remotely as shitty as jintan has? no he hasn't. besides, with the most recent episode anaru has stated that she does not want to date yukiatsu so i suppose it's a dead deal. i still maintain that their banter was pretty refreshing and they actually seemed like they were enjoying themselves. yukiatsu has his issues (as does anaru) but if it's not affecting their interactions, what's the big deal?
Yukiatsu was enjoying himself. Anaru just looked various level of uncomfortable.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters