AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-28, 14:17   Link #101
LKK

I never saw the first series. Was the ED for this episode an ED that was used in the original series?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 14:19   Link #102
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
I never saw the first series. Was the ED for this episode an ED that was used in the original series?
No, it's not.
Although it's an interesting song in that it has two sets of lyrics.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2013-01-28 at 14:40.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 15:25   Link #103
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

WOAAAAHHHH!!!!! 0_0

That surely epic! Dat ESP battle! Dat Soundtrack!

The children really all out in this one. I dont think they as violent as this in the manga

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 16:02   Link #104
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Not seen the original series nor the manga, so watching a badass criminal organization like PANDORA get their arses handed to them by three school girls who power up by striking a weird pose was a bit of a mixed affair. At least they didn't succeed in the end.

And whilst I like the comedy Minamoto and his friend provided last episode, having those three girls huff and puff after the whole ordeal was over kinda reduced the seriousness of the conflict a bit for me.

Maybe I ought to watch the series so I have a better idea of what is going on.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 16:07   Link #105
SQA

Now that was quite surprising. I was expecting the series to only be slightly attached to the main ZKC world. Sort of a "Kyosuke goes romping around South America" type deal while The Children would be in Japan (with just a few cameos). Now, however, it seems like this is more along the lines of the ZKC storylines, just from Kyosuke's side of things.

Though there does seem to be a solid reason why the main cast will be involved:

Spoiler:

I did really like Aoi using glass shards to attempt to impale Andy. That was pretty smooth thinking.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 16:09   Link #106
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Not seen the original series nor the manga, so watching a badass criminal organization like PANDORA get their arses handed to them by three school girls who power up by striking a weird pose was a bit of a mixed affair. At least they didn't succeed in the end.

And whilst I like the comedy Minamoto and his friend provided last episode, having those three girls huff and puff after the whole ordeal was over kinda reduced the seriousness of the conflict a bit for me.

That's a lot closer to the main series. The Children are only 12-13 or so at this juncture, so they're still acting a lot like... well, children. Which they also do in the other parts of the franchise. Though the base work really does have a serious/dark undertone to it, there's quite a lot of comedy.

Oh, and Kyosuke is also a level 10 troll, aside from being a badass.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 16:32   Link #107
Clarste
Human

I know I complained about the last episode mixing the series too much, but I have to say that this episode handled it very well and was kind of, well, awesome. I liked it a lot. Hopefully everyone already forgot (or never remembered) my complaints about the last episode.

Quote:

I admit it was kind of weird to suddenly see them start bawling, but I think that's kind of the point. They're "Children" after all. Hinomiya's comment that using underage espers as military agents is meant to reinforce this theme. Are these kids really emotionally mature enough to handle these kinds of jobs? I mean, they're teleporting grenades into people's faces. What if they hadn't dodged? How would this pouting girl have reacted to being the cause of a bloody mess? Although, knowing the girls they're probably fake tears anyway.

"Child soldiers" are a recurring theme of the series. Is using Espers as weapons from an early age really any better than discriminating against them? If you pay attention to Hyoubu's age as given in episode 2, he was a soldier in the Japanese military at age 7, and both "died" and was posthumously promoted to Major at around 12. Someone shot a kid in the face with a gun.

As for powering up by striking a weird pose, how is that any different from what Hyoubu does every episode? "Release the limiter" is just something the series does. I can't say I like it, but it's already been used in the spin-off anyway.

Last edited by Clarste; 2013-01-28 at 16:43.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 17:20   Link #108
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well for one thing he doesn't strike a weird pose.
Old 2013-01-28, 17:24   Link #109
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

He says chuu2 lines instead.

Not sure if anyone caught onto this or not, but the japanese episode title is "Zettai Ryoiki".
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 17:31   Link #110
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Well for one thing he doesn't strike a weird pose.
Uh... yes he does. He makes some overly dramatic hand gestures. Just a different kind of weird pose.

Oh yes, and you can't forget the "Time, eternally stop" lines that he clearly has no reason to say. He's like a kid pretending to be cool, which fits his personality.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 17:47   Link #111
pampz21
ShipCore

well every protagonist strike weird poses...! Lulu from CG, everyone in KHR, Luffy's gear 2nd, Ichigos bankai, even naruto!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 18:00   Link #112
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow the children were great. Will have to check out the original even more now. So Andy has 2 uses of his negating power. Oh man that huge ship was just flying!
Old 2013-01-28, 19:33   Link #113
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
well every protagonist strike weird poses...! Lulu from CG, everyone in KHR, Luffy's gear 2nd, Ichigos bankai, even naruto!
TBH this one is kinda silly since all he do is flip the emblem

and his chant doesnt make any sense

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 20:12   Link #114
Miraluka
Banned

The single of the Opening is out. I liked this version more n_n.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 23:58   Link #115
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 01:07   Link #116
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Suddenly found me watching this again after a 2ep hiatus because......Fujiko.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 02:03   Link #117
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Spoiler for Episode 4:
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 03:53   Link #118
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I wish Fujiko-chan would hurry up and show up in the show, so she can wipe that smug look off Hyoubu's face.

Stop acting so Lelouch Kyousuke, you ain't fooling no one.

It would satifsfy me to no end if she shows up at the end, just reveal to everyone who's not familiar with Zecchiru how silly a character he is.
Old 2013-01-29, 04:58   Link #119
ScudFace

Now we know where the budget for the last episode went. The fluid action scenes were great and all but Kaoru singing the first verse of over the future is hands down the best scene this episode. So much nostalgia ;_;
ScudFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 05:00   Link #120
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Uh... yes he does. He makes some overly dramatic hand gestures. Just a different kind of weird pose.

Oh yes, and you can't forget the "Time, eternally stop" lines that he clearly has no reason to say. He's like a kid pretending to be cool, which fits his personality.
I have no problem with a chant. I didn't complain about the Minamoto making one either after all.

A few hand gestures though, is definitely not on the level of what the girls did.

Tags
harem