AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-03, 01:12   Link #81
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Well since Queens Gate is part of the Queens Blade franchise.

Alice Boost Ver.

Non-Loli

I don't normally say this but... the lolis should stay loli in this particular series. Can't explain. Just that they should stay.
Old 2012-04-03, 01:19   Link #82
Freeter
beyond

Meh, have to wait another week for some Siggy action. They'd better not disappoint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
I don't normally say this but... the lolis should stay loli in this particular series. Can't explain. Just that they should stay.
Agreed. That adult form is actually quite hideous.
Old 2012-04-03, 14:23   Link #83
jdennis007

Please tell me that episode 1 was an April fools joke, please.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 14:56   Link #84
gustyvedova

well... the first episode was nothing I thought it would be.

the pacing was too fast. the story has nothing to do with the books. characters were shown without need or reason. what a mess!

Last edited by gustyvedova; 2012-04-03 at 15:09.
gustyvedova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 16:55   Link #85
CGrascal

My guess for the past pace was a means to introduce most of the cast quickly and set up the premise for the series...or it can be like the original Queen's Blade which went into a plot proper in season two.
CGrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 17:21   Link #86
gustyvedova

who is the guy that seems to be Huit's friend?

what are men doing in my queen's blade?
Old 2012-04-03, 22:46   Link #87
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

This will probably my boob viewing replacement for HSDXD
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 01:30   Link #88
kramerica

I can't tell which first episode was more ridiculous, this one or the original with acidboobs and breast explosions. It's still mindless ecchi fun though.

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 02:27   Link #89
leecherboy

I kinda expected for the anime to ignore some of the story, and seeing as Liliana is quite popular, I guess they had to make up a reason to get her early into the story (though, her being the first char to appear is rather overkill)... but doesn't it seem too light-hearted? If they don't get a somewhat "dark and mature" tone soon, it won't be a "desperate fight against the tyranny", but a "happy adventure while sight-seeing".

Also, I seem to have missed this when it was announced, but the QB Perfect Visual Book is going to be published in english. That's the databook with the most info on QB chars, every char's relationship with the others, a little world guide and the "endings" that were once translated.
Old 2012-04-04, 06:03   Link #90
Tom Bombadil

hmm, the first episode looked pretty fun. I have seen some of the characters in scans and images, but I have no idea of their story. Plenty of action and fan service, that's what I am watching this show for. Clearly, they thought two lolis are better than one. Don't know much about that. Yumir alone already makes my ears bleed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
This will probably my boob viewing replacement for HSDXD
Then check out Boku-H-dekinai series, too.
Old 2012-04-04, 10:34   Link #91
gustyvedova

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramerica View Post
I can't tell which first episode was more ridiculous, this one or the original with acidboobs and breast explosions. It's still mindless ecchi fun though.
I actually enjoeyed the first episode of the first season. It explored very well Leina's character. This one, in the other hand, I was just a mess and failed completely to build any feeling.
Old 2012-04-05, 00:40   Link #92
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ep.1

Seems they wanted to introduce all the QBR girls all at once which made the first episode a bit fast paced. Also WTF?! MEN IN MY QUEENS BLADE?! lol Also there are alot of fodder women fighters
Spoiler for ep.1:
Old 2012-04-05, 08:03   Link #93
leecherboy

Speaking of QG's Alice, I got my hands on the first Queen's Gate novel and managed to put together a decent summary out of it.
Doesn't seem like Hobby Japan is against using more original chars for QG, so maybe we can get any of these one day.
Old 2012-04-05, 21:11   Link #94
Pheonix03

The first episode was pretty good. I like how they introduced so many characters all at once; I think it'll make later episodes flow better when characters like LunaLuna and Lilliana come into play. The lighter tone was also pretty refreshing; sure, there'll be some serious moments later on, but its nice to have a more adventurous feel this time around.

My only concerns are the males character, who I hope aren't seen again after this episode, and Branwen, who I hope gains more character development past being just a slave, which is more than possible considering her great backstory. If she doesn't get character development (and hopefully kill that freakin' ogre), she'll be the biggest waste of a character since Nyx.
Pheonix03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 22:14   Link #95
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^
I feel characters with good background story are not really pushed in QB series, in the story yes they are, but animated they try to concentrate on more popular characters and the redesigned originals.

@leecherboy

Awesome work man! Been looking for that LN for sometime now. Glad it's not H level knowing it's Nitro Plus that created Alice. Only QB ecchi level.
Old 2012-04-06, 00:52   Link #96
kramerica

With the exception of Rana the males are simply there so the plot can move. I had no issues with Cattleya's husband who had lines in the final episode of season 2, or Reina/Elina/Claudette's father.

From what I'm seeing from the blog world, anyone who hated QB before will hate it now. And anyone who liked it will just go along for the ride.

BTW, Echidna is my all time favorite character, but god damn it Siggy is smoking hot.

Nanael is not amused.
kramerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 01:49   Link #97
Testrun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheonix03 View Post
My only concerns are the males character, who I hope aren't seen again after this episode, and Branwen, who I hope gains more character development past being just a slave, which is more than possible considering her great backstory. If she doesn't get character development (and hopefully kill that freakin' ogre), she'll be the biggest waste of a character since Nyx.
I agree with you. Nyx was one of my favourite characters from season 2, there was so much potential for a redemption storyline and they squandered it. I would hate for Branwen to end up like this, because I really dig her powerful design and - as you said - her story would leave so much room for great moments. Her being a slave really would play well into a rebellion storyline. If she becomes the 'dog to kick' this season (as Nyx was last season) and does not evolve at all, it would be a terrible shame.
Testrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 07:09   Link #98
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

No fansub yet, seems nobody cares about this serie. Come on subbers.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 19:43   Link #99
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

star nipples
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 22:15   Link #100
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

It didn't seem like Annelotte has mastered that power of hers yet. Shigi need more screen time. Lilliana was great. So since there's no tournament i guess they're all just going to go after Claudette.

Tags
adventure, fantasy