AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-14, 12:35   Link #61
Razz

I'm hooked. Now I need to find out how many episodes there will be and when it airs exactly. Can't wait for the next ep!
Razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 14:38   Link #62
EmptySoul
C1Anime

It's going to be 23 episodes that much I know. I really, really enjoyed this show. Nodame is completely shameless. Especially when she's all like "Oooh! What kind of dog?!" XD I've watched the ep a few times, and it just doesn't cease to crack me up. I can't wait for more either~
EmptySoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 14:42   Link #63
Aidan
Am I bad? Yes... Very X(

Hmm, having watched some of the J-drama I wonder if it will play out along the same lines, in which case it will be hilarious.

But yay for another fun show.
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 14:53   Link #64
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razz View Post
I'm hooked. Now I need to find out how many episodes there will be and when it airs exactly. Can't wait for the next ep!
It airs Thursday nights at 1 am and there are 23 episodes.

I have this information for almost all current anime on my winter 2007 anime schedule. There are links there to the official site for more broadcast details, and to ANN for cast/staff details in English.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 15:25   Link #65
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Excellent first ep,definitely worth watching,it's going to be one of the best show of winter 2007.
I was running out of good anime to watch.

Chiaki's room is really scary,I don't think it's possible to be so......is there any word to describe it?messy,nah too weak,..chaotic maybe.
Old 2007-01-14, 17:52   Link #66
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Can this be the new Honey and Clover? That was the first impression I had, since the animation and the pacing is quite similar. When I found out that it was the same studio who di H&C, it came to me as no surprise.

I most especially love the VAs. Kawasumi and Seki does a role reversal in comparison to their Kanon counterparts, and I absolutely love it. Having Kawasumi doing all those cute sound effects are a highlight for me, since usually the characters that she's usually cast in don't really do that sort of thing.

So far, the best anime of this season. And while I have only seen a couple of shows, it would take a whole darn lot to topple this off its place.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 18:18   Link #67
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Oh gods, the fart song midway had me laughing till the tears came out. Who wrote that dirty little piece anyway?

Lots of memories this show brought up though, I had a piano teacher that was pretty strict on personal hygiene.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 19:23   Link #68
Kaijin
かいじん

I really, really liked it. The animation was like Honey & Clover (which I loved), I loved the seiyuu's work (gr8 choice I think), and it was honestly funny. Some shows just try to hard to be funny, but this really was.
No harems, no ecchi, no cliches, no lolis, no big-eyed moe character...I love it! It goes in my keep pile, along with other, more mature animes like NANA and Honey & Clover. I swore I wouldn't pick up more anime (I'm watching 10 that are currently airing) but screw it, I couldn't wait for this one.
Spoiler:
Old 2007-01-14, 20:28   Link #69
katsumi
ghostly member

An awesome first episode! It just made me smile. I loved the VA's, the characters and the fact it had all that classical music in it.
Nodame's room made go , but Chiakis reactions to it just made me laugh out loud. What guy would wash & dry a girls hair normally ...
This one is definitely on my (at the moment rather short) list.
katsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 22:26   Link #70
Busaiku Chama
爆発

Rack me up as another person who really loved it.
Nodame was really enjoyable throughout the episode, and paired with Chiaki's attitude made it really nice.
And of course, being worked on by the same team (I think?) that did Honey & Clover isn't hurting it either.
Old 2007-01-15, 01:32   Link #71
tritoch

Ah crap. I fell inlove with the ED song.. Whats up with the noitamina shows and their well-produced ED songs?

Paradise Kiss
Honey and Clover
Jyuu Oh Sei
Hataraki Man
~Ayakashi~

Ahh.. Crystal Kay's song is stuck on my head right now.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 02:54   Link #72
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Honestly, other than H&C, I've been disappointed by most Noitamina series I've seen. Anyway, that aside.

Ep 1.

I have a newfound respect for Kawasumi Ayako. I've always thought she was an underrated seiyuu but her performance in this episode shows just what she's capable of. She just absolutely nailed that character and completely brought her to life. I was very impressed.

As far as the rest of the ep is concerned, it was a tad dull until Nodame's appearance. After that, it came to life. Her character really is something else and, in a sense, it completely altered the atmosphere up until that stage into something more interesting and more fitting for a first episode. I dig these eccentric characters, since they're always a recipe for entertainment. The set up appears to be a fairly standard "put two complete opposites together and see how the interact and eventually fall in love" but that's generally a formula for success provided the characters are interesting... and we know that at least one of them is. Chiaki is still yet to win me over, since he's a very straightforward character, but I expect that to change with time.

Technically this anime is really good. Music, animation, directing, seiyuu, there's nothing to complain about it any of these. Good stuff. I'm intrigued. But it hasn't grabbed me the same way Bokura ga Ita's first ep did (which is the shoujo show I'm currently swooning over). Provided they do things right there's no reason this can't be a winner.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 03:25   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex
According to ASS (regarding the first episode):
Quote:
According to series production elements, the airing has logged the all time highest audience rating for a late night TV anime, netting a 5.4% share...
I think the ASS artiucle may actually not be quite right. According to Animate TV (Japanese), the show recorded the highest-ever rating for the first episode of a late-night anime. There is also some question as to what constitutes a late-night anime. NANA, which at the time started at 11:55 pm, got a 6.2 rating for its first episode, according to one site.

This takes nothing away from the amazing success of the first episode of NC, which aired later, at 12:45 in the morning.

On another note, I have just noticed that Tanaka Rie -- either the seiyuu or someone who spells her name exactly the same -- is credited as "responsible for sound work" (音響制作担当) in NC. I don't know what this means, but I thought I'd mention it as a matter of interest and in case someone else does know what's going on. I was very impressed with Tanaka Rie's performance as the lead in Hataraki Man, and she is known as a capable person who was an artist before she was a VA. Perhaps she now does sound work as well.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 04:39   Link #74
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
As Kaoru Chujo has mentioned, NANA is retting stellar ratings despite airing at night.

As for Noitamina, here are the ratings for the first episodes of the previous shows in this program:

Honey and Clover: 3.8%
Paradise kiss: 3.5%
Akayashi: 2.8%
Jyuohsei: 3.4%
Honey and Clover 2: 3.6%
Hatarakiman: 4.6%
Nodame Cantabile: 5.4% (according to the article above, at least)

The highest rated Noitamina episode before Nodame Cantabile was Hatarakiman 10, which netted 5.1% rating, followed by Ayakashi 10, which got a 5.0% rating. Nodame Cantabile certainly broke that ceiling thanks to the fame of the j-dorama, but still, it has nothing on NANA, which airs an hour earlier and easily grabs 5's and 6's (6.3% being its highest rating).
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 04:56   Link #75
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 1
Like the rest, I felt H&C vibes. Ever since I've noticed how famous and great the manga is, I've been looking forward to check out this story.

I really love this anime! It has comedy and romance with beautiful people, what more could I ask? I also like to complement on the performance of the seiyuus. I can't believe that Nodame is Kaori in Kanon nor Shinichi is Nobu from Nana.

Nodame is truly one of a kind LOL, she's so clumsy and dirty. I wonder what's her background's story. Is there any special reason for wanting to call her "Nodame" instead of "Noda"?

Yay for Josei~ <3
Old 2007-01-15, 05:06   Link #76
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Is there any special reason for wanting to call her "Nodame" instead of "Noda"?
Her name is Noda Megumi, which yields Nodame.
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 05:19   Link #77
tritoch

And I thought that was obvious. Nodame.
Spoiler for drama:
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 07:55   Link #78
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
On another note, I have just noticed that Tanaka Rie -- either the seiyuu or someone who spells her name exactly the same -- is credited as "responsible for sound work" (音響制作担当) in NC. I don't know what this means, but I thought I'd mention it as a matter of interest and in case someone else does know what's going on. I was very impressed with Tanaka Rie's performance as the lead in Hataraki Man, and she is known as a capable person who was an artist before she was a VA. Perhaps she now does sound work as well.
ANN is reporting it's the same person. What "Sound Production" actually means though, who knows? That could almost mean anything. She could be tuning the pianos for all we know.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 10:32   Link #79
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ah sorry! I thought it was something else othar than her name (like maybe the word Nodame means something).

Also... I wash my hair every 4~5 days and I'm sure it doesn't stink. That scene confused me but ofcourse made me laugh.
Old 2007-01-15, 10:52   Link #80
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
ANN is reporting it's the same person. What "Sound Production" actually means though, who knows? That could almost mean anything. She could be tuning the pianos for all we know.
Mental Image of Rie Tanaka tuning a piano.....

That's a profitable business modal by itself

This show is making me itch to take up the piano again after near 20 years. My sight reading is pretty poor, but like Nodame I've a pretty good ear and a sequential memory.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance