AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-17, 00:37   Link #941
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

She does have a move called Phantom Blazer. It was the one she was about to use before Nanoha Crossfire-d her. Or at least, it sounded more like "Phantom Bla-"*shot by Nanoha*

Thanks Keroko for the answers and PG for the possible ideas.
Old 2008-10-17, 02:17   Link #942
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Fate- View Post
I checked the poster and yes, its called Blazer Mode. TY for the info XD. Funny though since in my fanfic, Teana has a move called "Phantom Blazer." LOL, gotta love coincidence sometimes >_<.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
She does have a move called Phantom Blazer. It was the one she was about to use before Nanoha Crossfire-d her. Or at least, it sounded more like "Phantom Bla-"*shot by Nanoha*
Just wanted to say you both are correct. It is Phantom Blazer.

Old 2008-10-17, 03:09   Link #943
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

What makes Strada's 3rd form so different from the 1st form? Apart from the 2 blades sticking out of its thrusters, that is...
Old 2008-10-17, 04:08   Link #944
Tormenk

Strada's 1st form is Erio's primary form of choice for combat, while the 3rd form taps into his elemental affinity for a bigger bang. That was when Erio brought down Wendi and a bunch of gadget drones at one go during the HQ attack.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-10-17, 04:12   Link #945
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nya~n View Post
What makes Strada's 3rd form so different from the 1st form? Apart from the 2 blades sticking out of its thrusters, that is...
Apparently, 3rd mode allows him to use (more powerful) Lightning spells.

Literally called "Thunderstorm Form".

Personally I feel that they should've exploited it more >.>
Old 2008-10-17, 04:51   Link #946
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Never mind Strada, they should have exploited Erio more...
Old 2008-10-17, 06:06   Link #947
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Apparently, 3rd mode allows him to use (more powerful) Lightning spells.

Literally called "Thunderstorm Form".

Personally I feel that they should've exploited it more >.>
Enjoying the patch 3 shammy love aren't we?

StrikerS was meh because it could've been more, and exploited more plot lines, and not trainwrecking. :/
Old 2008-10-17, 10:30   Link #948
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Never mind Strada, they should have exploited Erio more...
Well, I didn't want to say it like that, lest it be seen as nagging... >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Enjoying the patch 3 shammy love aren't we?
No idea what you're talking about Haven't touched that ever since I've gotten Vesperia

But seriously, putting aside lack of development, his combat display has also been less than impressive for someone trained by Fate herself. Unless Fate is a bad trainer, then that can't be helped.
Old 2008-10-17, 10:38   Link #949
Tormenk

Quote:

But seriously, putting aside lack of development, his combat display has also been less than impressive for someone trained by Fate herself. Unless Fate is a bad trainer, then that can't be helped.
Combat display probably falls under some area of development. Sorta. >.>

Though if the plotlines could be tweaked again, having Erio go against Lutecia/Zest during the hotel incident would kickstart the Lutecia/Erio/Caro angle earlier even if it means having Erio banged up badly against the powerhouses.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2008-10-17, 14:43   Link #950
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
~
It's Fate. Other than the fact that she is more or less, their adopted mother, she's a well-known softie. Compare her training methods to Nanoha's/Vita's/Hayate's methods (and by implication, Signum's), and you will see day and night.

She'll probably coddle them if they so much as sigh from tiredness.

Fate can never be a good drill instructor due to the suffering she endured herself when she young. It's a mental block for her.

Cheers.
Old 2008-10-18, 12:21   Link #951
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

I'm on a questioning spree lately, methinks...

The familiar question that was on my mind quite sometime ago, which I got reminded of after reading JC's Vio+familiar fic:
When one creates a familiar, does it already know a certain set of skills, knowledge, have a distinctive personality, and then continue growing from there; or do they all start from scratch like a baby?
Old 2008-10-18, 13:03   Link #952
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

In arf's case, she learned everything from scratch. So I guess other familiars too.
Old 2008-10-19, 00:24   Link #953
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Arf was made from the remains of Precia's old familiar, Linis I think her name was, not born fresh. You could make the argument either way I guess, but I don't think familiars would be considered very useful if you had to raise them from scratch before setting them to whatever task they were created for.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-10-19, 01:02   Link #954
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Err, I don't know where you got that from, but Arf was created from a dying wolf cub, not from the remains of Linith, who was created from a mountain cat that was Alicia's pet (and died beside her during the freak accident that claimed Alicia). Linith vanished after Precia terminated their contract, the only things she left behind were Bardiche and Fate's memories of her.

I would say that familiars generally start with a clean slate, but information can be "downloaded" into them from their creators. Before her familiarisation, Linith was just a common animal, but Precia gave her the knowledge and skills to train Fate. Arf was just Fate's playmate initially, but I wouldn't be surprised that she took lessons as well to be a better help to her friend and mistress.

Signature by liro
Old 2008-10-19, 05:30   Link #955
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Arf was made from the remains of Precia's old familiar, Linis I think her name was, not born fresh. You could make the argument either way I guess, but I don't think familiars would be considered very useful if you had to raise them from scratch before setting them to whatever task they were created for.
Eummm..... how can arf be the remaining of Linith, when Linith taught Fate-san how to make a pact with arf and teach arf and Fate-san afterwards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estavali View Post
Err, I don't know where you got that from, but Arf was created from a dying wolf cub, not from the remains of Linith, who was created from a mountain cat that was Alicia's pet (and died beside her during the freak accident that claimed Alicia). Linith vanished after Precia terminated their contract, the only things she left behind were Bardiche and Fate's memories of her.

I would say that familiars generally start with a clean slate, but information can be "downloaded" into them from their creators. Before her familiarisation, Linith was just a common animal, but Precia gave her the knowledge and skills to train Fate. Arf was just Fate's playmate initially, but I wouldn't be surprised that she took lessons as well to be a better help to her friend and mistress.
Precia didn't terminated the contract, but Linith fulfilled the contract. Making a contract with a familiar comes with a goal and when the goal is fulfilled the familiar will dissapear unless the contractor change or extent it.

The reason why Arf is still around, is because her "goal to exist" is to protect Fate-san and her family.
Old 2008-10-19, 11:10   Link #956
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

It's in the Sound Stages. Linith completed her contract when she finished Fate's training, but when she started to fade out Fate revealed that she'd been doing some research on creating familiars on her own time, and reestablished Linith's contract with a new set of terms. Thus Linith = Arf. I only know the basics of the story, but if Keroko decides to drop in I'm sure he can shed some more light on the situation.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-10-19, 11:25   Link #957
Jimmy C

Comar, I've seen the chinese sub of that Sound Stage, there's no such thing. Estavail's explaination is correct.
Old 2008-10-19, 11:58   Link #958
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Really? I thought for sure there was a connection between the two, and I know I heard Arf = Linith somewhere before.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-10-19, 13:08   Link #959
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

In fandom maybe. The only connection that might be is the student-teacher relation.
Old 2008-10-19, 14:29   Link #960
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Arf =/= Linnith. That one is certain. Now a connection, there is, Linith was a teacher and confidant for Fate after all. However, this has nothing to do with Arf.
Closed Thread