AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-05-16, 05:39   Link #121
escimo
Paparazzi

I think that the limits are OK. Can't really see the point of the competition if you're unable to use the entries on this forum. Can't say that I haven't been agonizing over the filesize limit but still I'd leave it be unless you're planning on increasing the maximum filesize allowed on the forums as well. Can't see how you can do that since the limit is quite lenient as it is.

There could be a place for generic graphics competition separately. How popular it would be? How often would one be held? etc. are questions I don't have answers though but just an idea...
escimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 05:56   Link #122
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Just to point out since I'm not sure some understand, these are just suggestions, not actual changes. I'm not saying these are going to happen, I just want to see what people think.

With that, it's been good feedback so far.
Old 2008-05-16, 07:57   Link #123
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I'm late. D:

Well I'll say keep the file size limit, because despite all our complaints, we all enjoy hair pulling. Kinda.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 08:20   Link #124
Simple1
Desu~ eh?
*Graphic Designer

Well... for me i want to make a bigger sig so if u could change it into.... 500 x250 its better for me ^^

As for the size keep it 100 kb
Simple1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-17, 19:24   Link #125
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Considering the responses so far, the rules will be staying the same. Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 2008-05-18, 11:43   Link #126
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I am pretty sure that this came up before but for next one contest is it possible for each sigs to be anonymous? Of course each sigs creator has their own style so even if without name you could tell who done it or not sometimes, but I still want to see what will happen if it was anonymous.
Old 2008-05-18, 12:09   Link #127
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I am pretty sure that this came up before but for next one contest is it possible for each sigs to be anonymous? Of course each sigs creator has their own style so even if without name you could tell who done it or not sometimes, but I still want to see what will happen if it was anonymous.
I think somebody had this idea before but it was somehow shot down.
cicido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 12:15   Link #128
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

There's pros and cons to both, but the main reason I shot down anonymous signatures is because it discourages people from using the entry thread to improve their skills and entries.

I still leave the option open for people to PM me if they wish to stay anonymous until voting, however.
Old 2008-05-18, 12:26   Link #129
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
There's pros and cons to both, but the main reason I shot down anonymous signatures is because it discourages people from using the entry thread to improve their skills and entries.

I still leave the option open for people to PM me if they wish to stay anonymous until voting, however.
How about this as a solution, the person pm you the sig and you could post it to show it to people then they could still be anonymous but people could still look at their sig and help them fix it.
Old 2008-05-18, 12:32   Link #130
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
You imagine the amount of work Solace would have to do for that?

Not a possible solution imo especially with all the hassle, what if the creator wants to talk about his/her creations as well?

It can work but the amount of work it would need is not worth it imo.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 12:39   Link #131
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
You imagine the amount of work Solace would have to do for that?

Not a possible solution imo especially with all the hassle, what if the creator wants to talk about his/her creations as well?

It can work but the amount of work it would need is not worth it imo.
If the creator wants to talk about it then he/she could always pm what he/she wants to talk about it as well and Solace could quote it. I know it's a lot of work but a solution to that is having another person helping Solace out.
Old 2008-05-18, 12:48   Link #132
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
That's still not going to stop people from using the sig they created before the voting thread is even up.
What if we ask them not to?
Old 2008-05-18, 17:16   Link #133
Ledgem
Love Yourself

I'm really curious, why would you want to post your work anonymously? I can think of some ways to do it, but some go against the forum rules and would ruin the community feel that we have going. I can't think of any reasons for wanting to show works anonymously that are good enough to warrant creating potential distrust or a loosening among community members.
Old 2008-05-18, 17:23   Link #134
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Well, I think the plus side to have the entries anon would be because it eliminates and bias so the work would be judged on purely for its artistic qualities. I think that normally the name of the maker who makes the siggies also comes into account when casting votes so danger here is that it may end up being less "a judge of art" and more a popularity contest. So having the siggies anon would ensure a fair vote.

But the styles of the makers are a big give away to the identity of the maker (not so much for me as my style varies pretty much all the time ), but for someone like Riker, its a pretty easy guess.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 18:10   Link #135
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Seems a lot of people accidentally turn in their votes on the sotm voting thread in the wrong format, example:
1. Bob
2. Larry
3. Joe

Instead of doing both name and the number of the sig, as in:
1. Bob
13. Larry
26. Joe

Perhaps because of the way the instructions are written where it shows 1, 2, 3 and people don't properly read instructions and go off the template they see...

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 20:58   Link #136
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I'm really curious, why would you want to post your work anonymously? I can think of some ways to do it, but some go against the forum rules and would ruin the community feel that we have going. I can't think of any reasons for wanting to show works anonymously that are good enough to warrant creating potential distrust or a loosening among community members.
It is just as Deathkillz said, though the style could give it away. I know that this idea takes too much work so I only suggest once and if the result doesn't really have any dramatic effect then there would be no point making anonymous.
Old 2008-05-18, 23:59   Link #137
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

But the styles of the makers are a big give away to the identity of the maker (not so much for me as my style varies pretty much all the time ), but for someone like Riker, its a pretty easy guess.
I can tell your works from miles away.. even when you get your nephew to play with your ps

/runs
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-19, 17:21   Link #138
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Well, I think the plus side to have the entries anon would be because it eliminates and bias so the work would be judged on purely for its artistic qualities. I think that normally the name of the maker who makes the siggies also comes into account when casting votes so danger here is that it may end up being less "a judge of art" and more a popularity contest. So having the siggies anon would ensure a fair vote.

That's a plus, I won't argue that. I'll be honest that there are some votes every month that seem tilted more toward the sig maker than the signature itself. Then again, last month a relative new comer to the forums lost by one vote to an established regular. So it can go both ways.

I think that this is pointed at voting more than entries, and an argument similar to this came up last month with the cropped signatures argument. Perhaps instead of focusing on signatures being anonymous, we should focus more on making voting more targeted on certain criteria? Right now voting is pretty simple and people just kinda vote however they want, so maybe it's time to start looking at voting procedures and how things are graded?
Old 2008-05-19, 22:10   Link #139
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I dont know how others are vote, but for me.. I tend to use the process of eliminations.. the first I take into account of the theme in question, skill or technique didnt matter (last theme for example, I eliminated nearly half on this process alone). Each of this start with +1 points, then the 2nd phase takes into account on the technique and end result and lastly the last stage is +1 to any fancy stuff (biased point + animation + anything ..its +1 to each.. enought o break any ties).
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-20, 00:00   Link #140
nammerboi

Perhaps they (voters) should give reasons WHY they voted for their selection. Not things like "Oh i love that anime/character so i'll vote for that" or "Oh that's a new style u have there *insert name of popular person*". Well you get where im going with this right?
nammerboi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
contest, signature, sotm